• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

20. Success, Bust or In-Between: Ron "The Truth" Killings

Success, Bust or In Between: Ron "The Truth" Killings?

• Success

• Bust

• In Between

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Most of you know the series by now, I'd hope, but for those of you who don't, here's the run down:

• Former talents of TNA are to be critiqued regarding their work with TNA, and only their work with TNA for the basis of these polls.
• Any work from the performer that was not done during his/her tenure during TNA should not factor into your vote.
• You can vote them either a Success, a Bust or In Between if you don't feel they deserve either extreme.

In addition to your vote, I'd like to know why you feel the way you do. Why was this particular character a success, a bust or in between?

Next in the series is Ron "The Truth" Killings.

----------

RonKillings.jpg

Ron "The Truth" Killings
Years with TNA: 5 (2002-2007)
Number of titles runs: NWA World Heavyweight Championship (x2), NWA World Tag Team Championship (x2), TNA World Tag Team Championship (x1)

--------------------
Notable Feuds:
--------------------
• Brian Christopher (2002)
• Ken Shamrock (2002)
• Sports Entertainment Xtreme (2003)
• Jeff Jarrett via 3Live Kru (2003)
• Team Canada via 3Live Kru (2004)
• The Naturals via 3Live Kru (2005)
• The James Gang via 3Live Kru (2005)
• Monty Brown (2006)
• Various tag teams via Adam 'Pacman' Jones (2007)

--------------------
Other Accomplishments:
--------------------
• Debuted in TNA in June of 2002
• Is the first-ever recognized African-American NWA World Heavyweight Champion in history
• Founding member of 3Live Kru
• Was one-half of the TNA World Tag Team Champions with Adam 'Pacman' Jones

--------------------
Previous Polls:
--------------------

• Christian Cage – 87.72% Success, 12.28% In Between, 0% Bust
• Booker T – 46.43% Bust, 33.93% In Between, 19.64% Success
• Petey Williams – 52.50% In Between, 35.00% Success, 12.50% Bust
• Gail Kim – 61.54% Success, 19.23% In Between, 19.23% Bust
• Senshi – 66.67% Success, 28.57% In Between, 4.76% Bust
• Monty Brown – 54.05% Bust, 27.03% In Between, 18.92% Success
• Awesome Kong – 82.61% Success, 13.04% Bust, 4.35% In Between
• Christopher Daniels – 68.97% Success, 20.69% In Between, 10.34% Bust
• Consequences Creed – 80.77% Bust, 19.23% In Between, 0.00% Success
• Sheik Abdul Bashir – 44.00% In Between, 44.00% Bust, 12.00% Success
• The Naturals – 48.00% Bust, 28.00% Success, 24.00% In Between
• Traci Brooks – 61.29% Bust, 25.81% In Between, 12.90% Success
• Johnny Devine – 79.31% Bust, 17.24% In Between, 3.45% Success
• "The Franchise" Shane Douglas – 35.90% Success, 35.90% Bust, 28.21%% In Between
• Sabu – 43.59% Success, 33.3% Bust, 23.08% In Between
• Homicide – 62.50% In Between, 21.88% Success, 15.63% Bust
• Jay Lethal – 52.38% In Between, 38.10% Success, 9.52% Bust
• Matt Hardy – 67.02% Bust, 26.60% In Between, 6.38% Success
• Kevin Nash – 67.57% Success, 24.32% In Between, 8.11% Bust

I would have to say Success because even though he never had a renowned feud his did hold the NWA Heavyweight Championship twice so by TNA standards he is a success

Merely by looking at what he accomplished during his time in TNA, it's hard to not view him as a success. During his time, he had two runs as a World Champion and three runs as a tag champ while having feuds with Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles and some others.

Some of these title runs and feuds may not have been the stuff of legend, TNA was still very much in its infancy during much of Truth's most productive period and was one of the top guys in the company at the time. So yeah, I'd have to say success overall.

While he had success in TNA, how many people actually remember his time spent in TNA? I feel that his current run in WWE is as successful as he will ever get, and even though he held the NWA title more than once in TNA he will be more remembered for his time spent in the WWE. So while I don't think he was successful, he obviously did have some so that doesn't make him a bust either. I'd say his time in TNA was an In-Between time for his career.

Well his time there is definitely notable considering he's the first African American NWA World Champion, that alone is a big deal. On top of that he held the world title twice, the NWA tag titles twice and TNA titles once. He had some entertaining feuds and started up a successful group. He won't go down as a great by any means but he still had a fair amount of success, and even though everything he's done in the WWE is a bigger accomplishment without winning alot of gold, he still had a good run there. Him being a world champion is really what says it all to me, Success.

• Former talents of TNA are to be critiqued regarding their work with TNA, and only their work with TNA for the basis of these polls.

Based on the above condition there is no doubt that he was a success, his tenure in TNA has been the best of his career.

Number of titles runs: NWA World Heavyweight Championship (x2), NWA World Tag Team Championship (x2), TNA World Tag Team Championship (x1)

Just his title reigns alone qualify him as a legitimate success within the company, not to mention the first African American to hold the NWA title

In my humble opinion he is still a success, yet to realize his full potential. Plus correct me if I am wrong but did he not defend the title (although did not retain) in the very first King of the Mountain match in TNA?

Honestly thought it was inbetween. After his title runs he seemed to become an irrelevant midcard fixture much like Konnan and Road Dogg. But that seems to have become a reaccuring trend with non-TNA homegrown talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back