Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1970's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 16

Saturday Night Fever
saturday_night_fever.jpg

Vs.

Dirty Harry
dirty-harry.jpg

This is an easy one for me. Dirty Harry is a classic. It is the most famous film for CLint Eastwood, and that is saying something. The scenes and lines in this movie are legendary and have been copied and parodied a million ways to Sunday. All that being said, it doesn't get my vote.

As odd as this may seem, I LOVE SNF. The music is amazing and Travolta is in his own world in this movie. Its easily his best performance ever. The white suit is classic. So classic I have a picture of me in one.

I don't know which one to pick. They're each classics in their genre. Dirty Harry is one of Clint Eastwood's best, but Saturday Night Fever made John Travolta a star. I honestly don't which way to vote.

Both films are very well made. Although, I think I have to go with SNF. The music is a guilty pleasure of mine, and in the end, I think it holds up more than Dirty Harry, even though it has one of the best tough guy lines ever.

Dirty Harry for me.Maybe its just the Rugged Cop in me that plays by my own rules, while packing my 44 around. Or maybe its my hatred for John Travolta. I loved the Dirty Harry movies, mostly because I was able to watch them with my Dad. Saturday Night Fever on the other hand its fun for the Disco music, but just not an outstanding movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back