• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1 year of MVP

• Thread starter The not-so Great Khali
  • Start date

How far will MVP go?

• Inducted into HOF

• Headline WrestleMaina

• Win a couple of titles, eluding the big one

• wwe has come to the release of MVP. We wish him well in all future endeavours.

Results are only viewable after voting.
T

The not-so Great Khali

It is now a year since MVP joined the Smackdown roster and wwe.com has got a story on his high points. When he first appeared he didn't really look like a standout superstar but now he has shown time and time again that he will be a future world champion sooner rather than later. He has already had notable feuds with Kane, Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Ric Flair, Matt Hardy and worked an alliance with Mr Kennedy for a while. Now all of those names are hall of fame material. Discuss MVP's potential in this thread and state who he should feud with next or who he shouldn't. Is he good enough to main event Wrestlemania in a few years or will he get stuck in mid-card insecurity.

I can really see him headlining WWE. He has all the atributes a good superstar needs. He dont use steriods, he dont have bad mic skills, and he is MVP dammit.

hmm im not sure if hes on steroids or not, seems like it since hes pretty big, hope not though...

but on to topic, i think he will at least headline wrestlemania, thats what i voted for, but i think that with his talent and potential he could be a HOF, but its still to soon to actually make a statement like that, but its not like he doesnt have a chance at all, hes only been in WWE for a year =D

and ive enjoyed his year a lot, his matches always entertained me, hell the guy already had an inferno match in his 1st year.. there have been like what 3 inferno matches??... not that this actually makes a difference but its interesting to see that WWE decided to put him in such a rare match at the start of his career

his feud with benoit was amazing, and he wasnt carried at all, he went toe to toe and put on a hell of a match with benoit, and after that feud hes having a great feud with matt, i love the matches between them, MVP is proving he can wrestle with many different styles and still put on a good match, hes got great mic skills and charisma, i only see good things to come from him, i hope next year he gets the WHC, and then moves on to RAW...

I am very impressed my M.V.P he had great matches with benoit,and he has good mic skills,i like his character,he pulls his character off greatly,he has a grand entrance,i could see him headlining a wrestlemania and winning the world title.

I think you can thank Benoit for MVP's rapidly improving in ring skills. I wasn't impressed until that feud. Now along with Umaga I think he's the best thing on the whole roster. A year in and he's giving a veterain like Matt Hardy the rub. Andybody would be a fool for predicting he wont win the next MITB match.

The only thing that might hold him back is his age as he is a bit older than most who embark along teh path but other like DDP have. I think since he is on Smackdown he has a very good chance. Within the next couple of years Flair and Taker will retire as will likely Kahli(cant see him with his gimmick lasting long) and Mark Henry and maybe even Kane. So as long as he dosent burn himself he can go far. Now if he gets moved to RAW all bets are off. So far we have seen the tops of SD/ECW like Booker, Kennedy and Lashley turned into job monkeys(although Kennedy might escpae that purgatory soon)

He has a making of being one of the greatest. First of I didn't like him at all but now he's shown that he can be a player in this game. He has the mic skills and he knows how to entertain in the ring. Of course he has lots of learning to do. He's maybe not a HOF but I think he'll headline in the Wrestlemania someday. Hopefully the heart problems are behind.

I see MVP headlining a Wrestlemania or two because he is an upcoming star. he is the only bright spot for SD as for young talent. He has good charisma and good mic skills and has drastically improved in, in-ring work since his Benoit days. I see him winning the MITB and i think he could have a great feud with Edge.

I could see HOF if he keeps studying film like he has been doing, but IMO he started becoming a star a little late in his career. Unless he has Ric Flair longevity i dont see the HOF but i can see headlining wrestle mania's. But stranger things have happened. But i do see in the future heavyweight gold around his waste. the only thing like stated earlier that is holding him back is his age (33) i believe. But DDP started winning gold at an older age. Michaels and Taker have also won gold into there forties so if He can stay healthy and in shape i see many reigns and possible HOF but one thing i can say is certain is that he will headline a WM or two.

i agree with just about everyone in this thread, his ring skills are amazing, the crowd is really into his mic skills (especially the BALLIN part) his music and entrance is always great to watch the only thing that lets him down is his finisher, he needs to create a new finisher that is truely painful to watch and powerful enough to send a message to his opponents

Personally I think that he is going to win the big one with in the next year to year in a half. I mean he has already won all the titles except the World title and WWE is eventually going to have to cave in and give him at least a chance at the title. I mean he is an amazing superstar and very athletic, but until the title goes to a guy like Rey or someone like that then I doubt he will have much of a chance at winning the title.

The Hof inductions is iffy, it depends if he stays around, but no doubt he will be chasing for either the WWE or World title's within early next year, maybe after wrestlemania. MVP is a guy who has potential, and is a great new heel that just connects with the fans and makes them hate him more. I don't know why, just something about the way he talks, how he continually says he's better than anyone, and always gets showed why he sucks(Evander, Austin, Basketball etc) I just love watching this guys promo's, and I have a feeling they will just keep getting better, because MVP has been bringing a new style of heel to the table, one that fans haven't seen much of, that kind of 'I'm better than all of you' in your face kind of style that connects with the fans.

MVP is smackdown's greatest superstar, he posesses great mic skills. and an overall impresive move set. i really can see him as the world heavyweight champion. the question is not if. but when. time will only tell

.....but until the title goes to a guy like Rey or someone like that then I doubt he will have much of a chance at winning the title.

I dont necessarily think the title has to go to an "underdog" champ so-to-speak (no disrespect to Rey, he's cool!), I mean, MVP has taken on the big guns before. People like Kane & Taker. I dont know for sure what his record is of beating them is, but if he held his own against them then why cant he fight them for a title. Hell, he put on those great matches with Benoit, who (tragedy or not) was one of the best wrestlers in the business, and an ex champion himself!

(Unless he's up against Kahli....then he has no chance...coz Kahli cant wrestle and it would just end up being a waste of MVP's talent.)

He's definatly one of the best Heels on Smackdown (I'm a big edge fan when it comes to heels) so I reckon he'll headline wrestlemania someday, regardless of his age.

Couldn't say if he HOF material though, that is something to think about a few more years into his career.

I see him forever having midcarder status with the occasional push towards the top titles but never sealing the deal. MVP has all the right tools to be a top draw in this business but it seems WWE are focused on pushing him as a comedy character rather than a serious athlete. Don’t get me wrong I find the skits he does with Matt Hardy quite amusing, especially when the cocky MVP just gets left on his ass 99.9% of the time. MVP can pull it off because he has high charisma but to me WWE should be focusing on his in-ring ability and pushing him as a serious legitimate competitor, so because they are not I see him forever dominated the United States and Intercontinental divisions.

Maybe I am wrong though lol!

I had the honor of meeting MVP and a few other stars when they were in Peoria a week ago.
Judging by the charisma of MVP and how he meshed with rey mysterio and matt hardy I don't see him leaving the company anytime soon.
he has great athletic ability and makes a great heel.
I could see him down the road headlining a wrestlemainia.

Hmm, I think he`ll only get a world title push when the big guns like Batista or Edge get injured or suspended.He`ll probably have take advantage of the looming heel shortage the WWE`s facing

My first thought on MVP was pure hatred for the guy.... All he was doin was complainin and cheatin the win in matches. But nowdays he has become one of my fav wrestlers, seriously...

- His entrance is amazing
- great mic skills
- Can wrestle
- Gets crowd involved
- looks the part

His fued with MH thus far has been awsome. I come from Australia and i seriously watch smackdown for MVP/HARDY, not this Boreista/Khali shit...
MVP is putting a great spectical for the fans, and it seems that he is getting a decent fanbase, mabye?

If he avoids injury yeh he could headline wrestlemania easily, but with all these injuries i wouldnt be suprised if MVP sustains an injury 2...

GET WELL CENA!

Ive been really impressed with MVP's ring skill and his mic skills, i hope he will become word champion in the next 18 months or so. With so many other supperstars getting suspended or injured it could be him to shine, like JBL did when he became word champ the first time round

When MVP first debuted, I couldn't stand him at all. But what made me change my mind was last fall (I think) when MVP and Kennedy were working together. They didn't fued, but teamed up against Taker/Kane. It showed me that MVP has charisma, plus I started to get used to his ring-attire.

Then during his fued with Benoit, he stepped up to the plate majorly, and went move for move with the best, on the greatest show of the year, Wrestlemania. Since then, he's only getting better (Save for his finisher, he needs a quick move a la stunner or what not) His current "fued" with Hardy is the only reason I am still watching Smackdown!

I didn't vote in the poll and I will tell you why. I cannot predict the future. Plus MVP has a heart condition which is keeping him from wrestling major single matches. I had heard an announcement on this a few months back, but I don't know where the issue stands now. I hope that it gets "fixed" or something, because he could be a major star (a la Rock), if it continues to be an issue, he could still be a top WWE personallity such as commentator or manager.

I didn't like MVP when he first came into WWE, but a year later I really like him. He is really good on the mic and he has good skills in the ring. It's a shame he can't do single matches for long because of his heart condition. But I really like the fued thingy he is in atm with Matt Hardy. It's really good and I find it funny.
The only thing I don't like about him really is his ring attire and his entrance. But yeah I think he's good and he should deffinately win Money In The Bank at next year's WrestleMania.

MVP is in my opinion the best thing on SmackDown right now. When i first saw him I thought he was going to be just another WWE jobber. But he satrted to impress me ever since aligning himself with Mr.Kennedy. He has had many good feuds and learned from them, now he's the best mid-carder in WWE hands down. His entrance is unique. He's over with the fans and gets alot of heel heat. I do see him main eventing WrestleMania in a few years. I'm not sure if he'll make the HOF though.

I really think MVP has huge potential to become a star in the WWE. His mic skills are excellent, and his ring work is getting better and better. I'm loving his storyline with Matt Hardy right now, and I think it's helping to improve both men. I think MVP has the potential to be inducted into the HOF if WWE is smart enough to push him. He shouldn't be rushed into the main event, though. That's what fucks up a lot of stars' careers (Orton) and makes them think they are better than they really are (Lesnar). A nice, slow, steady push into the title scene would be fine with me.

I dont see him ever being top dog. He's a little small, unconventional in his style and because he's not extremely quick or stylishly technical, he cant be catergorised like the WWE would want.

MVP is the msot improved wrestler of the year. When he first joined I thought hed last 3 months before becoming a jobber he was that bad.
Now hes become one of the best wrestlers on Smackdown so I see a bright future for MVP.

Hes got everything a good champ needs...charisma, a good gimic, good entrance, signature taunts and good wrestling skills.

There is a very good chance he can go all the way but right now I only see him as winning a few titles and also one day being a world champion but I have no idea if he will be a great champion or rubbish but a try he will get for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back