[04/05/2011] Boxing News, Tidbits and Rumors

Calderownz

Brilliant Idiot
Fresh off the second loss of his illustrious career, Ivan Calderon plans on moving back down to Strawweight.

He previously moved up to 108 pounds in the hopes of finding bigger fights for bigger paydays. However, he recently ran into a road block when Mexico's Giovani Segura knocked him out twice in consecutive bouts.

Now, he feels that a move down in weight will be his way of leaving the sport on top.

--------------------

In a classy move, Erik Morales is looking to potentially help a former opponent. On Morales' road back to the top, Willie Limond lost to Erik via stoppage by way of body shots. However, according to Limond, the Mexican warrior is willing to help him with his career.

Recently, Willie was scheduled to fight in Belfast, but the show fell apart. Now, he's without a paycheck and a chance at getting back on track. Limond has said, however, that Morales has offered to set him up with some under card fights in Mexico in hopes of helping the man out.

"I still want to fight for titles at lightweight," Limond said. "The fight with Morales was a dream come true, but there is no shame in losing to the man. He actually told me he wants to get me a few fights in Mexico when I trained with him the other week. We had a good chat so -- fingers crossed."

--------------------

For what might turn out to be the biggest fight of the year, Shane Mosley says that he's not just looking to win a decision over Manny Pacquiao. He feels that a victory would be a stoppage victory.

"A victory, for me, would be to actually knock him out. Not just going the distance with him and winning, it to knock him out," Mosley surmised.

During the press conference for the megafight, Mosley walked up to the Filipino star and actually asked Manny to be honest about his intentions as well.

According to reports, Mosley said something along the lines of, "Manny, tell the truth. I know that you want to knock me out, just like I want to knock you out." However, Mosley said it wasn't about animosity.

"Well, I just know what he's thinking and that he's just not putting it out there like that. So I was just kind of, you know, telling the audience what he was really thinking," Mosley stated.

"I know that he's a competitor like me who wants to not only win, but to win in dramatic fashion. I know that he wants to try to knock me out, and that's all that I was trying to say."

"I never go into the ring with animosity. I try to stay focused and to not go in there with any animosity. I go in there as a competitor."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back