Zack Ryder

guys can you stop saying that because hes not the best in ring talent ever, and needs some polish on his ringwork that he shouldn't get a push... Seriously what does having in-ring talent mean to the WWE???(and I mean this in the best way possible..) It helps to be good in the ring sure... but its not a requisite to get a push.. Stone Cold Steve Austin wasn't a great technical wrestler, he was average but he had the charisma to engross the audience... I mean if technical skill was the be all end all brian danielson would be the world champ right now....

Zack has great charisma, and is expanding his audience on his own and is due for a mini push.. I'm not saying give him a main event slot (even though he was a number 1 contender (yes i'm kidding)). I'm saying let him have a feud for a mid card championship, or have him feud for the tag belts and turn him face... He'll slowly get better in the ring, and with his natural charisma he'll get over enough to push himself to the next level.

What's so great about Ryder? Well for starters he stands out amongst a roster full of similar characters. He's got a unique gimmick, a cool catch phrase that caught on with fans, an internet following (which is more important than some people realize), decent in ring ability, good promo skill, and a catchy entrance theme. Ryder has it all in terms of someone who needs a push. If WWE would just push him then we could have one of the next big stars because we as fans can see the potential in him and want him to succeed, THAT is what a lot of people at this forum see in Ryder. Potential. Lots of it. Get it now?

ive watched all of his youtube videos and honestly if the wwe didnt have a plan for him then they would defently NOT allow john cena (even for 2 seconds) appearing on a show that "bash's" WWE, nor would they allow him to do it. next weeks raw is going to be very intresting b/c its from long island and being from there i know that sometimes the crowd can be somewhat hostile ( see rock vs brock from summerslam, JBL vs Cena at the bash, Mysterio winning the title at fatal fourway). he is a local guy and the place is going to pop when he comes out... hell we did when he was in ecw and interupted the abraham washinton show. i feel that if there going to do something with him... its gonna be next week bc he will get a positive reaction and then fans will see this on raw and then respond the same way. The crowd is gonna chant for him and you will see signs that say

RYDER OR RIOT

What's so great about Ryder? Well for starters he stands out amongst a roster full of similar characters. He's got a unique gimmick, a cool catch phrase that caught on with fans, an internet following (which is more important than some people realize), decent in ring ability, good promo skill, and a catchy entrance theme. Ryder has it all in terms of someone who needs a push. If WWE would just push him then we could have one of the next big stars because we as fans can see the potential in him and want him to succeed, THAT is what a lot of people at this forum see in Ryder. Potential. Lots of it. Get it now?

At his core, Ryder is a cocky arrogant heel.. It's not like he's setting the world on fire with a gimmick never before seen (like the soft spoken demented heel of Jake Roberts for example). Or are You saying he's unique because he says "Woo woo woo you know it" and "Are you serious, bro?" Yes, you're right. No one has every strung together WWWYKI into a phrase before..............

(which by the way his being a heel in the ring is a confusing message right now because he's been seen bumping fists backstage with Cena, and then the first time he comes out on Raw this year he's got Ziggler in his corner and he's the heel)

"Are you serious bro"= The Miz's "Really?" In fact, I'm gonna be honest, The Miz is the Hollywood version of Zack Ryder's "Long Island/Jersey Shore" gimmick.

But the real reason I respond to your post: Having an internet following of 100,000 people (The approximate average views of his youtube videos) isn't as important or awesome as it sounds. Hell, I'll even bump it up to 151,000 which is the highest total views for any of his videos at the time I'm posting this. According to WWE corporate, an average of 13 million viewers tune in to WWE television programming each week. Using the 151k that equates to 1% of the viewing audience. 1%. So if you survey 100 average WWE viewers, 1 of them watches his show (assuming each hit is unique).

If I use the average views of 100,000 it's not even 1% anymore. its .0076%. 3/4 of 1%. Not to be all math heady on you or anything (too late) but...I think the vocal minority of ZR fans aren't quite understanding how small of a group they actually are. Zack's facebook fan page has 31,000+ fans. Compare that to arguably the #3 face on Raw Rey Mysterio who has over 2 million. "But that's not fair! Rey has been around for years and has been in the main event before!" ok sure, then compare that to "Stand Up for WWE's" page with 100,000 fans. He's got just over 1,000 fans more than Kaitlyn.

Does he deserve a push? Not my call. If he gets one, I'm happy for him. But he had his first match on Raw last Monday, and he didn't do anything special to grab my attention while performing.

And if there's a Ryder or Riot movement anywhere (but in Long Island...everyone loves a home town boy) two mall cops on segues are going to be able to put it down.

"Thall Shall NOT hate on Zack Ryder Bro. WWWYKI" Zack 7:12

:worship: Zack Ryder

Repent you freaks that have hated on him , or you will not inherit the kingdom of Long Island :banghead:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if a religion about Zack Ryder really got started? haha

The church would be filled with gym benches for everyone to come in wearing headbands and sit on while we are read stuff from the Ryble , fist pump through the party hymns and we would drink long island Iced Z or Bud light lime at the altar towards the end. ahahahaha (I'm not serious but yeah lol)

Seems awfully quiet in this thread tonight.......I.....I thought Mr. Ryder was going to light the world on fire tonight....when he electrified the night on Monday Night Raw!!!!

Did I miss him? On the Three Hour Long Raw?

....did....did he even get a Superstars match?

Again, I'm not ragging on Ryder. In this case, I'm just poking fun at the fact everyone was so convinced he would burst onto his hometown and take Raw by force. I think he's more likely to make an appearance next Monday after the PPV because they won't need the TV time to try to sell as much to the regular consumer. And once again: Ryder is a heel, and if he comes out to an audience pop it confuses the huddled masses who don't know what to think on their own. that, in addition to needing to sell the PPV, is why he didn't make it in the lineup today I'd imagine.

You're just gloating now. AND ragging. And why not? I mean, it's not like it wasn't a concerted, knowing effort by the top brass to make sure he didn't show on raw or anything right? Justhis lack of overness that made him show up on superstars to pop of the night contender. Chants in his hometown, during just about anything? To a guy not even on TV. Oh wait...divas on price is right totally sold the ppv.

I can't believe they didn't put him in a match on Raw this week. I was looking forward to seeing him all week from his home town. No idea what WWE is thinking here... if they didn't want him doing the true long island story they would have told him to stop weeks ago.... they also wouldn't have let him have the internet title on Raw or show him with Cena backstage.... weird.

So glad this thread got bumped. Oh, and its about Zack Ryder? Imagine that...

Zack Ryder didn't get on TV last week. He got a Superstars match. I'm sure he was happy enough with that. He still got to perform in front of his hometown. Tyler Reks didn't make the special 3 hour Raw. Where is his revolt? Ohhh that right gotta have a semi-funny YouTube web show. Maybe Ryder should chill out on the Z! show and get in the gym or maybe kiss some ass backstage.

Like someone said I'm sure he will be on TV after the PPV. And if he turns face the IWC is gonna go nuts.

zacks a great talent but lets be honest here Vince is very very picky about who he lets to the top. Cena, HHH, Taker, Miz basically sold their souls to the WWE to get their spots. Even Jericho to a certain extent He didn't goto work for anyone else during his breaks. He may be having Zack jump through some hoops first. Anytime hes sling shotted someone to the top its bit him in the ass with their ego's. But with all that said if Vince didn't tacitly approve in a way do you think that zack rider would have wwe's logos and his official pics all over his vids or the backstage video footage would be allowed to be used. Vince could can him in a second for trademark violations. But yet he doesn't hmmmmmm. If its true and that Cena is hurting as bad as reported here on the news Vince will need to turn him face in a big way. Perhaps saving his broski Cena from a vicious ass beating from Truth. Just a thought after all look at how bad Cena looked monday and yes I know I know and I don't care. Just saying that match had some major issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back