Zack Ryder is totally over-rated.

RicoLen

Wise Guy
Did you see that Zack Ryder is already in the top 10 merchandise sellers in the WWE? What the hell has he ever done right? He's not even that great in the ring.

There 10 hours, that's how long it took before the IWC turned on him now that he's successful. I was the first, you can now all jump on the bandwagon of being IWC members who hate successful wrestlers.

1 month, my ass.

What has he done right? How about selling so much damn merchandise in the first place? How about getting himself over in a way no one has before?

Zack Ryder has done everything right, that's the reason why he's finding more and more success.

You have to respect the guy. He is one wrestler who wanted it so bad, he got himself over even when WWE was trying to bury him. (i.e taking Ryder signs away from fans) But Vince realized that he was getting over with the fans, and if you can't beat him, join him. Now they are putting the spotlight on him big-time (having him be co-GM of SD!, the Hugh Jackman skit, etc.)

Granted, he tried really, really hard, but it paid off. I read here on WZ that he's going to stop doing his youtube show soon because he got what he wanted from it (popularity). If the IWC turns on him, it'll be for that reason, imo.

I think fans will feel betrayed by him seeing as they've supported him through that medium quite loyally.

I don't have any complaints about the guy. He's not great, but he wanted it so bad, he made it happen for himself. That's worthy of my respect by itself.

Woo woo woo, you know it!

What has he done right? How about selling so much damn merchandise in the first place? How about getting himself over in a way no one has before?

Zack Ryder has done everything right, that's the reason why he's finding more and more success.

Subtle ironic humor is lost on so many these days.

So let me make sure I have this straight.

Ryder goes from nothing and a guy that got on TV maybe once every two months if he was lucky to having a successful internet show, gets on TV regularly now, is put into segments with John Cena, HHH and major actors, cracks the top ten in merchandise with almost no support from WWE to get him started and is getting a program with the US Champion and winning the title isn't out of the question.

If this is overrated, I'll sign up to be overrated.

So let me make sure I have this straight.

Ryder goes from nothing and a guy that got on TV maybe once every two months if he was lucky to having a successful internet show, gets on TV regularly now, is put into segments with John Cena, HHH and major actors, cracks the top ten in merchandise with almost no support from WWE to get him started and is getting a program with the US Champion and winning the title isn't out of the question.

If this is overrated, I'll sign up to be overrated.

Remember this?

Do you have any idea why things that get popular within the IWC are after a while called "Overrated" Then when something or someone gets shit on it is suddenly "Underrated"

"Because the IWC loves to complain and has no idea what it wants."

Its funny that i asked you this just a few days ago.

I admire him for getting himself noticed, but, the fact that he isn't all that is quite a hinderance. He's good and all, except he's pretty average :lmao:. I'd much rather another more talented wrestler get over that way (Trent Baretta, i'm looking at you) but whatever. As to whether he's overrated? Meh, probably. But, it'll die down, there's a certain buzz around him that makes him seem awesome, but, I insist it WILL die down.

This is a huge misconception about the IWC.

The IWC doesn't turn their backs on anyone... it's just when someone makes it to the main event, MORE people start paying attention to that person and then there are more opinions about him, and the loudest opinions are the ones trashing the guy.

And I agree with KB, "overrated" was the wrong word for this thread.

Did you see that Zack Ryder is already in the top 10 merchandise sellers in the WWE? What the hell has he ever done right? He's not even that great in the ring.

There 10 hours, that's how long it took before the IWC turned on him now that he's successful. I was the first, you can now all jump on the bandwagon of being IWC members who hate successful wrestlers.

1 month, my ass.

He won the fans over, and thats what ultimately gets you over in the WWE. Two years ago I was HIGH on Ryder after he debut with his gimmick in ECW, I loved it. The over the top goofy outfits, cocky attitude, the hair, the headbands, the tan, the music. Umm Yes please.

He took it upon himself to start his Youtube show, he took it upon himself to promote his twitter, his youtube show, and he utilized every bit of TV time he got (which was barely any) to get over with the live audience. Ryder did exactly as many other superstars have done, he gave himself to the WWE, he made himself marketable, he MADE himself.

Ryder's good on the mic, decent in the ring. He may not be the best at either of those things but hes good enough to have gone noticed by the right people, and hes making the WWE money, which in the end is all Vince and Co cares about.

The guy is growing on me to be honest as he went out there without kissing anyone’s ass to get himself known. What does he have to do proclaim he is the "Best in the World" to be a huge success. He isn't even allowed a major amount of time to showcase his wrestling abilities that he has. He is fresh in the ring, he can talk, and he is actually doing this for him.

Seriously, his match last night on SD was pretty good to watch and he barley botches or messes up. His finisher is legit and he gets major height in his jump.

Much respect for the guy here and he can go places now that the WWE knows he is serious. As for people turning on him is because it seems a majority of posters here like heels more than faces. So if he isn't a major heel he is over-rated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back