• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Ultimate War Games

TUFFY54

Getting Noticed By Management
War Games has always been my favorite gimmick match. It always had an amazing "big match feel". It was hands down the match I looked forward to all year in WCW. Unfortunately, after 1992, it seemed to just get worse every year. The match of the year candidates involving the Horseman and the Dangerous Alliance were long gone. The last 6 years of War Games were dominated by the likes of Shockmaster, Bunkhouse Bunk, Zodiac, "fake" Sting, Buff Bagwell, and a 9 man three that made no sense.

How would you have made it great? If you had been a booker for WCW in the mid to late 90's, who would you have put into War Games to make it worthy of main eventing a major PPV?

My pick:

Sting, Ric Flair, Cactus Jack, Davey Boy Smith, Ricky Steamboat

vs.

Vader, Sid, Rick Rude, Booker T, Stevie Ray

Fall Brawl 93 had a hell of a lot of talent on a card that had a terrible main event. It will always be tainted by the Shockmaster debut. For starters, I've always thought War Games needed to be 5 on 5. 8 men cant fill up two rings. I'd replace Shockmaster with Cactus Jack to further his feud with Vader. I'd add Flair and Rude to the match to give it a little more star power instead of them having a title match. I'd also replace Dustin Rhodes with Ricky Steamboat. Steamboat would just add more talent to the main event and Rhodes could have wrestled Regal instead.

So there you go. Rearranging the card a little big could have turned a terrible main event into the greatest War Games of all time.

P.S. You don't have to pick a specific year like I did. You can just say what wrestlers you thought would of made for a cool War Games. Just be sure to put a reason so it isn't spam.

I didn't actually mind the War Games past 93 but the 9 man three is what ruined War Games. I get it was supposed to be 3 warring factions against each other but putting the contendership for the WCW World Championship on the line was stupid cause it made the match every man for himself rather than have each faction team with each other. I would have just had a nWo Wolfpac vs. nWo Hollywood match that year. Hogan, Bret, Hall & Giant vs. Nash, Sting, Luger & Konnan

If there was a War Games in 99, I would've had at Halloween Havoc rather than Fall Brawl cause Halloween Havoc that year was atrocious but War Games could've probably saved it from being such a disaster. I would've had Hogan, Goldberg, Hart, Flair & Benoit vs. Sting, Luger, Vicious, DDP & R.Steiner. I put those 10 guys together because every one of em clashed with each other around that time.

i agree about the wargames from 1998 as well, what SHOULD hve been done was have the wolfpac come together in march, as soon as possible after hogan loses the title to sting, that way wargames could be the culmination of the nWo vs nWo feud, loser has to disband and to change history abit id have hall stick with nash and macho stick with hogan so that war games would have been:

Hogan, Giant, Stiener, Henning

vs

Nash, Hall, Luger, Konnan

nWo wolfpac would win and would go on to be crowd favs something akin to the dx army.

I always liked war games too and again contradictory to the theory that it sucked after 92 my favourite 1 was actually the 1994 fall brawl(if I'm correct about what they called the actual ppv the match took place at). That match however was a far cry from who I would've had in say 1997 or 1998 even if it meant moving the event to later in the year.

I would have loved to see a classic nwo vs wcw along the lines of Roddy Piper, Giant, Sting and Eddie Guerrero (who should've been fueding with the main guys all along) vs Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Macho Man Randy Savage and Hollywood Hogan. If I was head writer of the match I'd have Sting turn out to be the fake nwo sting all along and save Hollywood Hogan from certain defeat and allowing him to win somehow then when the nwo are celebrating of course the real Sting drops down to spoil the party putting Hogan in the scorpian deathlock forcing the nwo to rescue him and get him out of there to end the show, that would've been classic, can't believe they never thought of it.

My Fantasy War Games match:

Rebooking the 1996 WCW Fall Brawl War Games match:
Team WCW (a.k.a. The Horsemen) Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger, and Sting.
vs.
The nWo (Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Hollywood Hogan, and the mystery opponent? of the nWo)

After the 5th period (with 6 men in the ring) of War Games, Team WCW (after winning the coin-toss prior to the War Games match) would send their last member, Sting, "to save the day".

HOWEVER, when Sting comes out, he acts AND looks really strange as he walks down the entranceway and enters the cage. Sting now has his wrestling tights in black and white. Sting starts to fight the members of the nWo one by one after the Horsemen are attacked earlier by the nWo.

The 6th period begins, and out comes the 4th and newest member of the nWo, Konnan! Konnan walks down the entranceway, enters the cage, starts to brawl with the members of The Horsemen UNTIL Konnan comes face to face with Sting! HOWEVER, Sting and Konnan are now laughing and shake hands! The remaining members of The Horsemen are in complete shock and are immediately ambushed by the remaining members of the nWo.

Before the final period begins (Submission or Surrender stipulation of War Games), Sting starts to leave the cage and begins to exit back to the locker room after a successful ambush of The Horsemen. Before Sting can return to the locker room, Marcus Bagwell comes out and tries to get an explanation from Sting why he assaulted his fellow WCW teammates.

HOWEVER, Sting then smiles to Bagwell, Bagwell smiles back as well and they both shake hands. Marcus Bagwell is now the 5th newest member of the nWo! Bagwell quickly runs down the entranceway and enters the cage to begin the final assault on The Horsemen during the final period of War Games (Submission or Surrender). Lex Luger, after all the pain received earlier from the nWo, has no choice but to submit after referee Nick Patrick signals to the outside official to ring the bell and end the War Games match.

Winner(s): The nWo.

The nWo (now consisting of Hall, Nash, Hogan, Konnan, and Bagwell) are celebrating their victory and Hollywood Hogan gives a speech talking about the beginning of their nWo reign of terror. Hollywood Hogan then hints the following Monday night, the nWo would now control WCW Nitro with Sting joining the nWo later that night!

War Games has always been my favorite gimmick match. It always had an amazing "big match feel". It was hands down the match I looked forward to all year in WCW. Unfortunately, after 1992, it seemed to just get worse every year. The match of the year candidates involving the Horseman and the Dangerous Alliance were long gone. The last 6 years of War Games were dominated by the likes of Shockmaster, Bunkhouse Bunk, Zodiac, "fake" Sting, Buff Bagwell, and a 9 man three that made no sense.

How would you have made it great? If you had been a booker for WCW in the mid to late 90's, who would you have put into War Games to make it worthy of main eventing a major PPV?

My pick:

Sting, Ric Flair, Cactus Jack, Davey Boy Smith, Ricky Steamboat

vs.

Vader, Sid, Rick Rude, Booker T, Stevie Ray

Fall Brawl 93 had a hell of a lot of talent on a card that had a terrible main event. It will always be tainted by the Shockmaster debut. For starters, I've always thought War Games needed to be 5 on 5. 8 men cant fill up two rings. I'd replace Shockmaster with Cactus Jack to further his feud with Vader. I'd add Flair and Rude to the match to give it a little more star power instead of them having a title match. I'd also replace Dustin Rhodes with Ricky Steamboat. Steamboat would just add more talent to the main event and Rhodes could have wrestled Regal instead.

So there you go. Rearranging the card a little big could have turned a terrible main event into the greatest War Games of all time.

P.S. You don't have to pick a specific year like I did. You can just say what wrestlers you thought would of made for a cool War Games. Just be sure to put a reason so it isn't spam.

I didn't seriously watch WCW until the NWO storyline started happening, but I did casually watch WCW in the early 1990's. With that said, I don't remember a whole lot of the stuff happening back then vividly. I remember the Cactus Jack/Vader feud, the series of matches with Ricky Steamboat and Rick Rude, the Dangerous Alliance, Flair returning and eventually facing Vader for the title, as well as the awesomeness of the Hollywood Blondes, and of course the Shockmaster's debut.

With that said, I've never really understood why Booker T. and Stevie Ray were involved in this matchup? What did they have to do with Sting, the Bulldog, and Dustin Rhodes? Which makes me wonder why you kept them in the match. You added Ric Flair, Cactus Jack and Rick Rude and replaced Dustin Rhodes with Ricky Steamboat. Sounds good.

But to make the match even better, why not take out Booker T. and Stevie Ray and replace them with "Stunning" Steve Austin and Brian Pillman, the Hollywood Blondes? The Blondes feuded with Ric Flair in 1993 (which honestly is what I remember the most about the early 1990's WCW period), and Steve Austin had a bit of history with Ricky Steamboat and Sting, so why not throw in the Blondes as well? They could make your match go from a 4 star match to a 5 star match. Or were they already broken up by this point?

If so, then nevermind lol.

I’ve answered this question numerous times before.

King Patrick’s All Time Team vs. The Kliq
Chris Jericho, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair
vs.
Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, X-Pac and Justin Credible

King Patrick’s All Time Team vs. John Cena and The Rated DX Evolution
Chris Jericho, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair
vs.
Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Batista, Edge, and John Cena

Kliq vs. Clique / New World Order vs. D-Generation X
Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Big Show
vs.
Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Road Dogg, and Bad @$$
With X-Pac as the Special Guest referee and Ravishing Rick Rude as the Special Guest Enforcer.

Hollywood – Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, The Giant, Scott Steiner, and Stevie Ray
vs.
Wolfpac – Kevin Nash, Macho Man, Konnan, Lex Luger, and Sting
It would have been so much better to actually keep Team WCW out of the WarGames match. I would have rather seen Goldberg vs. Diamond Dallas Page for the WCW Title and Bret The Hitman Hart vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper for the United States Title. I would still have Ultimate Warrior involved in the WarGames match, but only to interfere at the end of the match.

This time, an idea popped in my head after I heard that 4 of the 16 Horsemen will be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame this year. My new Dream Match is a Four Team WarGames match featuring the 4 (times 4) Horsemen.

The 4 Horsemen – The Original Fantastic Four. After being “disrespected” by the newer members, Ric and Arn decide it’s time to call Ole and Tully to show this punk kids how it’s done.
Ric Flair
Arn Anderson
Ole Anderson
Tully Blanchard

The 3 Horsemen – The next 3. After being wrongfully blamed by the Originals for losing, J. J. Dillon is convinced that it wasn’t the Horsemen themselves who were winning Championships. It was “Apocalypse” himself, the “True” leader of the horsemen, James Dillon who was the secret to their success. He thinks that he can win Championships with anyone. Who better than Luger, Windham and Sting to face off against the 4?? He couldn’t find a 4th, so J. J. inserted himself into the active roster.
James J. Dillon
Lex Luger
Barry Windham
Sting

The 4 Worsemen (Stable name pending) – I just wanted to stick these 4 together, because they either didn’t have a memorable run or they just didn’t last that long as Horsemen.
Sid Vicious
Paul Roma
Brian Pillman
Curt Hennig

The Horsemen – These are the “Punk Kids” I was talking about. These are (were) the Future of the Four Horsemen…until Evolution.
Jeff Jarrett
Chris Benoit
Steve "Mongo" McMichael
Dean Malenko

So there you have it. 16 SuperStars. 4 Teams. 2 Rings. 1 Match. The winning Team wins the right to be called the Four Horsemen…or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back