Fixing Fall Brawl: 1993

TUFFY54

Getting Noticed By Management
Throughout the history of WCW/NWA, WarGames was arguably the greatest match the company put on. Originally, the matches were spectacular and considered to be some of the best matches in company history. In 1993 the PPV Fall Brawl was introduced, and held the annual War Games match. Unfortunatly, the Fall Brawl War Games were widely considered to be a terrible waste of a great match. I plan on going back through the Fall Brawl PPV's and seeing what War Games could have been using only wrestlers that appeared on the card.

Note: All of my matches will be 5 on 5. There is lots of talk about overcrowding in matches, however, with two rings an 8 man match doesn't fill them properly.

Wargames 93:
Sting, Davey Boy Smith, Shockmaster, Dustin Rhodes
vs.
Vader, Sid, Booker T, Stevie Ray

The other wrestlers on the card were: Steven Regal, Ricky Steamboat, Charlie Norris, Big Sky, 2 Cold Scorpio, Marcus Bagwell, Paul Orndorff, The Equilizer, Ice Train, Shanghigh Pierce, Nasty Boys, Arn Anderson, Paul Roma, Cactus Jack, Yoshi Kwan, Rick Rude, and Ric Flair.

The first change I would make would be getting Dustin Rhodes and The Shockmaster off of the face team. I would replace them with Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair. I would also add Cactus Jack to complete the 5 man team. The heel team is actually pretty good. The only change I would make comes in adding Rick Rude as the 5th member. This gives us the following War Games match:

Sting, Davey Boy Smith, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Cactus Jack

VS.

Vader, Sid, Booker T, Stevie Ray, Rick Rude

Tell me what you think. Would this be an epic WarGames, or would you have made the teams different?

i like this thread series idea. and i do like the teams that you suggested.

sadly, i cannot remember this far back and i'm not able to google or youtube the matches and events leading up to this ppv.

that said, i'm sure that your teams would have been good and made sense storyline wise.

personally for me, though, i would maybe include or at least consider including both Dustin Rhodes and Steven Regal. i'm a big fan of their work, both on the mic and in the ring, and think that they are vastly under rated.

but to be honest, i'm not as familiar with this moment of their careers, so maybe it'd be better to keep them off the teams and as you suggested. but assuming that they were as good then as they are now, i'd add them in some way and have the other 5 men that you suggested.

yes, this makes 6 on 6, but maybe 1 member from each team could be considered more like a manager or mentor and get physically involved in the match without being an active competitor in the match, if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back