Your top 5 favourite Raw moments 9

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Far too many to mention and a very subjective view but what are your own personal favourites off the top of your mind!!!

I have done no research on this - no google, youtube, social media etc. Just simply had a little think and put down my thoughts! I didn;t really watch the Attitude Era so memories of that are none existent.

1 - 2001 - Shane McMahon buys WCW. The most memorable of all time and groundbreaking stuff which changed the entire landscape. A WOW.

2 - 2011 - The Rock returns to guest host Wrestlemania 27. The pop was enormous, it was fairly unexpected and he verbally assaulted John Cena. Brilliant promo.

3 - 2010 - Bret Hart returns after 13 years away from WWE and makes up with Shawn Michaels. A big moment for me as a Hart mark.

4 - 2005 - HBK owns Montreal. I can watch this over and over and over again. Brets music, Hogans music, fits of laughter from HBK....a masterful performance.

5 - 2011 - CM Punk Pipe Bomb. It wasn't a shoot, but it certainly felt like one. A promo before it's time as the 'Reality era' came 3 years after.

1. "I now own WCW" - Greatest four words ever spoken on a televised wrestling show.

2. Vince McMahon being revealed as the higher power. Say what you want about it being a disappointing conclusion but I loved the reveal and JR's subsequent commentary.

3. Tyson and Austin. Just re-watched this not too long ago, so surreal.

4. Jericho's debut. I've seen people get on this a bit recently for how The Rock went at Jericho and made him look kind of foolish but that's just... what The Rock did, and I think the way Jericho sold the verbal beating with his facial expressions was brilliant.

5. The whole first 10-15 minutes of the RAW after WrestleMania 33. Admittedly I'm not entirely sure if this is actually in my top 5 RAW moments, I'm sure I could think of something to top this but I felt guilty about not having something recent on my list.

I'm going to go old school on this one because nobody else will probably going to put them in.

1. Hulk Hogan return to the red and yellow after mania 18. I was there for that moment and this was just an electric moment.

2.The ultimate warrior's last speech after getting inducted in the hall of fame. This is a personal fav because I was big warrior fan so knowing that this speech would be his last and that he would die the day after made it even more special

3. Brock lesnar's return to Monday night raw in 2012. Again a moment that people's never saw coming and it made for an awesome moment.

4. Goldberg's debut after mania 19 and his return last year. This are on the same moment because both times felt like something that would never again

5. Brock lesnar debut the day after mania 18. Again another moment that was electric to see live

Honorable mentions

These are the moments that I would have been put in my top 5 but just barely made it

1. 123 kid beats razor Ramon
2. Mr. Perfect beat RIC flair in a retirement match
3. Jeff hardy vs undertaker in a ladder match
4. Jericho put micheals through the jeritron 5000
5. The festival of friendship
6. Vince buy wow
7. Bret Hart returns to wwe
8. Cm punk's pipebomb

I'm going to go old school on this one because nobody else will probably going to put them in.

1. Hulk Hogan return to the red and yellow after mania 18. I was there for that moment and this was just an electric moment.

2.The ultimate warrior's last speech after getting inducted in the hall of fame. This is a personal fav because I was big warrior fan so knowing that this speech would be his last and that he would die the day after made it even more special

3. Brock lesnar's return to Monday night raw in 2012. Again a moment that people's never saw coming and it made for an awesome moment.

4. Goldberg's debut after mania 19 and his return last year. This are on the same moment because both times felt like something that would never again

5. Brock lesnar debut the day after mania 18. Again another moment that was electric to see live

Honorable mentions

These are the moments that I would have been put in my top 5 but just barely made it

1. 123 kid beats razor Ramon
2. Mr. Perfect beat RIC flair in a retirement match
3. Jeff hardy vs undertaker in a ladder match
4. Jericho put micheals through the jeritron 5000
5. The festival of friendship
6. Vince buy wow
7. Bret Hart returns to wwe
8. Cm punk's pipebomb

Unbelievable that "old school" now refers to WrestleMania 18.

1. CM Punk pipebomb 2011
2. Seth Rollins turns on Shield 2014
3. Kevin Owens debut 2015
4. Festival Of Friendship 2017
5. Daniel Bryan turning on Bray Wyatt 2013
6. Shane McMahon buys WCW 2001
7. Chris Jericho debut 1999
8. John Cena calls out The Rock for writing promo on his arm 2012
9. Batista turns on Evolution 2005
10. Roman Reigns promo post WM 33 2017

I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned one o the top three moments that I'll mention:

5: Chris Jericho's debut, the countdown clock was brilliant and i remember wanting to see who it was who was going to debut (no internet spoilers for me back then)

4: CM Punk's "Pipe Bomb" promo, it was great for what it was and set the whole of the wrestling community talking.

3: Stone Cold coming out on is beer truck and soaking everyone in the ring. The guy was my hero in my teenage years and i would tune in each week hoping to see him get one over on Vince.

2: The Nexus invade raw and tear the place apart. This is the one i am surprised no one has mentioned yet, it was memorable and culminated in Daniel Bryan getting fired and then re-hired for chocking Justin ROBERTS WITH HIS OWN TIE.

1: Pillman's got a gun. This is just one of those segments that i will never forget watching live. I just wish Brian Pillman would of not bust his ankle because he would of been a major player in the attitude era. And if i remember rightly wasn't it the first segment with the "F" word in it?

That bold part is complete bullshit. You either didn't see it live or have the memory of a goldfish, because when Cena called out Rock, the entire arena was chanting Lesnar's name. Everyone knew he was rumored to be back.

In no particular order and more than five:

1. Bret Screwed Bret promo
2. Pipe bomb
3. Nexus debut/assault
4. Mid '00s Hogan return ovation
5. Austin assaults McMahon for the first time
6. HBK retirement speech
7. Flair retirement
8. "Finally the Rock has come home"
9. Punk/Cena pile driver
10. Debut of Terri Runnel's underboob (aka the shirt that gravity forgot)

Sad and telling how so much of what stands out took place outside of matches.

That bold part is complete bullshit. You either didn't see it live or have the memory of a goldfish, because when Cena called out Rock, the entire arena was chanting Lesnar's name. Everyone knew he was rumored to be back.

Yeah every one knew that he was RUMORED to come back, the key word is rumored, and that was make the moment exciting is that even if fans were chanting is name, they didn'T know if he was truly coming back or not so when he showed up to interrupt Cena, Fans exploded because they didn't think that it would truly happen and that's what made it such a great moment.

So really, stop thinking everything so literally and please next time, if you want to reply to someone post, please so it with a little bit more respect.

In no order:

5. 2001-Stone Cold snaps, gets in his truck and arrives at the arena while WWF and the ALLIANCE are fighting at the last RAW before Invasion. Stone Cold runs through the backstage area and takes out any ALLIANCE members he sees and comes out to the ring and stuns everybody in the Alliance giving WWF the momentum heading to the PPV

4. 2005-Eddie Guerrero's death is announced and they bring all the wrestlers out to do the 10 bell toll...still brings me to tears to this day

3. 2012-Brock Lesnar returns...since he returned he's raised hell and not come back to make friends with anybody, he incorporated some of his MMA moves into his matches and then later on brought in "Suplex City"...he's moved up on my list and became my 2nd favorite wrestler of all time, after the Undertaker.

2. 1998-The night Vince came out and said Taker and Kane have become "two putrid *****es" which caused them to snap and come out in the middle of every match that night and destroy whoever was in the ring.

1. 2002-Triple H goes out to the ring acting as a "true best friend" to show the final results of the investigation over who attacked Shawn in the parking lot and smashed his face through the car window. Shawn is up on the Titantron watching. They roll the camera footage and it shows that it was Hunter all along. I remember watching that and feeling like I had been stabbed right in the chest....like how could you do that to your best friend and then make a mockery out of it. At that point I hated Hunter more than I've ever hated any wrestler ever.

Going with 10 as 5 is too hard.

1: The Pipebomb - Still the single best segment WWE produced in the last 15 years in my eyes...

2: The Pillman Gun segment - That is the WWE I miss, where they had the balls to try that sort of thing and screw the consequences... always felt a little of that spirit died with Brian.

3: The Rockers Reunion - Call me a mark as much as you like but that was a great night and so sad that Marty blew that final opportunity. It really did look like Shawn was ready to keep it going for a while.

4: Jericho debuts - probably the best debut still over the last 30 years.

5: Jericho beats Triple H for the title...then gets screwed - How different would things have been if they'd let him run with it then? Still one of the best moments in RAW history as it was really shocking, no one expected Y2J to actually pin Trips, much less in a title match. Sure they don't "count it officially" but it still happened.

6: The first RAW in England - Was there live and it was insane in terms of atmosphere, also as my friends flaked on me I was able to sell my ringside seats for insane money and sit, close enough to speak to the people who bought them, but also see the ramp etc... Highlight was Regal winning the tag belts and the deafening pop Ric Flair got...

7: Ric Flair loses to Mr. Perfect - The first ever "Holy Shit" moment on RAW, I was just coming out of "pure mark" territory as a 15 year old starting to train, so hadn't been smartened up at that point... but I'd got a sense Flair wasn't sticking around after losing to Bret the way he did.

8: Edge retires - Probably the most shocking of all the moments I remember, never saw it coming after he'd beaten Del Rio the night before.

9: The Ultimate Warrior's final speech - One of the few I stayed up to watch and was insane to think he passed so soon after it.

10: CM Punk returns - Just weeks after he left, just when Cena has become the new champ... it was memorable as it was the first use of "Cult Of Personality"... both guys sold it perfectly without words, Punk let his music and raising an arm higher do the talking...

Yeah every one knew that he was RUMORED to come back, the key word is rumored, and that was make the moment exciting is that even if fans were chanting is name, they didn'T know if he was truly coming back or not so when he showed up to interrupt Cena, Fans exploded because they didn't think that it would truly happen and that's what made it such a great moment.

So really, stop thinking everything so literally and please next time, if you want to reply to someone post, please so it with a little bit more respect.

If there's a rumour about something then you see it coming. Idiot.

I'll try to keep it to the ones I watched as they happened.

HHH destroys Austin before revealing he didn't sign the contract. Smart bastard. Made me hate him for years.

The Rock stuns Austin on the RTWM 2001. Made all the more epic by 4 cans of beers Austin was drinking. Heyman with the line how personal can this get.

Undertaker Lesnar and Goldberg all in the ring together before Royal Rumble 2017. Just a cool moment to see.

The Shield and The Wyatts brawl Raw UK 2013 I believe.

Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker brawl before Summerslam 2015.

That's the best ones I can remember right now for the ones I've seen as they aired. Obviously there's bigger and better moments that have happened and I've watch them all back but I took a near 7 break from WWE. My interest was peaked by The Rocks return and I kept tabs then they got me back in with the return of Lesnar.

5. The Rock returns in 2011. The rumours were running rampant. Everyone from Justin Bieber to Steve Austin himself were rumoured to be guest hosting Wrestlemania. Even The Rock had numerous stories about him circulating that he was the one. Even with that, his pop was probably one of the biggest since the Attitude Era. And that promo should be used in NXT on how to capture an audience.

4. Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena in 2007 a few weeks after Wrestlemania 23. Probably one of my favorite matches in Raw history. It went an hour and I'm pretty sure it was Cena's first clean loss since 2005. It was the first time I really respected Cena for being the high caliber performer he is and what's even better is this match took place on a Raw instead of a ppv where 3-4 million people could view it.

3. Stone Cold returns as a face in 2001. The pop to end all pops. A pop so loud that no one has ever been able to touch it. There was a short promo earlier in the night where Vince pleaded for Austin to return to the old Stone Cold to save the WWF from the Alliance. Fast forward to later and Austin is in the back killing people with a pool cue. Then after so mucn anticipation his music his and he opens up the biggest can of whoop ass ever. It's one of the few highlights from the Invasion storyline and it's a definite highlight from all of Raw history.

2. Mick Foley wins the WWF Championship. Really don't need to say much here. Foley was never meant to be anything other than a sideshow for the WWF. This cemented his legacy as one of the biggest names in professional wrestling history.

1. Pipebomb! Pretty much said this in the Forum Files. Say what you want about CM Punk and his ability in the ring but as far as talkers go, he's on par with the greatest the wrestling world has to offer. One of the key pieces missing from WWE Raw nowadays are cliffhangers; something that makes you want to tune into the program next week. That Attitude Era was full of them but that concept slowly fizzled away. The Pipebomb brought it back. Not only did it set the wrestling world on fire but viewers wanted to know what would become of Punk following his heinous actions the next week. There are only a handful of Raw moments that accomplished that.

Daniel Bryan breaks free from the Wyatts - During this moment, Bryan had maybe more control of the crowd than anyone ever had.

Nexus debuts - Probably the most shocking moment in recent times.

Dolph Ziggler cashes in MITB - Ziggler has fallen off a cliff since this, but this is one of the loudest pop of the modern era.

Brock Lesnar returns - Also one of the loudest pops in recent years.

Festival of Friendship - Just tremendous all around and the best heel turn in a long time.

5. Bischoffs debut; wow, talk about hell freezing over, it was such a shock to see the enemy on RAW that even though they ruined it in an earlier segment, I had the fortune of not seeing that moment with Booker my first time watching it so my jaw was dropped to see Bisch hug Vince!!

4. ECW joins WCW; that whole night was electric from the ECW formation to Vince and Shane putting their beef aside and finally seeing both squads join up against Vince... the only thing that really hurt it IMO was Stephanie revealed as the ECW owner.

3. Austin stuns everybody; just before Royal Rumble '98 Austin jumped anybody he could get his hands on from Jarrett to Shamrock and anybody in between, that was the epitome of Austin and why I loved his character so much. Plus, nobody talks trash to a fallen victim like Austin could!

2. Mankind wins the title; the pop that Austin got alone makes this a special memory for me but Foley wining the belt and half the roster being involved in one way or the other was just a high electricity moment and one I won't soon forget

1. the nWo beating up the Rock; such an awesome moment and a clash between the all time greatest wrestlers of the all time greatest era of wrestling period, sans Austin of course... the crowd went nuts for it and its a shame we didn't see any more moments like that from those guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back