Your Top 5 Moments In WWE Since 2010.

Hem

Getting Noticed By Management
What would you rank as the top five moments of yours in the past five years? It can be any match, segment, promo, debut, retirement...anything that has happened on WWE television since 2010 can be included.

#5 Evolution Vs. Sheild - While the feud was not as lengthy and perfect as it could have been we got to see a mini dream match come to fruition. Who would've thought we would ever get to see Evolution reform on RAW again and not only that but go on to face the new hottest trio in town, The Shield. The match was great, the promo was great but it's end result was even better. We got to see Batista leave the WWE, which wasn't the best part, but we got the heel turn of Seth Rollins from this. Seth Rollins as a heel has blown everyones expectations way out of the water and I am sure that this young man will be leading the WWE towards its future in the next few years, if he isn't already doing so.

#4 Nexus Debut - I was totally shocked and hyped when the Nexus made their debut. It was a moment where we saw the ring absolutely get destroyed by a bunch of promising young guys. We saw Daniel Bryan chocking a guy with a tie, John Cena get pummeled and much more by a bunch of NXT ROOKIES.

#3 Ric Flair Retirement - As much as Ric Flair angered me once he returned to the ring in TNA, I cannot ignore the fact that Ric Flair had an amazing retirement ceremony in the WWE. The rare spectacle of seeing The Undertaker do something completely uncharacteristic by coming out to say goodbye, the whole ensemble of wrestlers, both past and present, which were in attendance and the sheer fact that Ric Flair was retiring made me a very teary eyed man while watching the ceremony..hell I'll even say some of those tears fell downwards from my eyes.

#2 CM Punks Pipe Bomb - When I saw Punk walking towards the ring during Cenas match I thought we were just in for a distraction to end a match and further a feud but boy was I wrong. Punk ended up going on the mic, speaking his mind, calling out the ass kissers, brining up other indie promotions, and verbally annihilating the WWE. It was one of the greatest promos of, at least, the last decade and started the Summer Of Punk.

#1 Return of Lesnar - I know the news had leaked that once Brock was unable to continue his UFC career that he would most likely be headed to his old home, the WWE. When Brocks music finally hit on RAW during that promo of Cenas, I went ape shit. The beast incarnate was there, in person, standing face to face with the top dog. Brock did not say much nor do much, all he did was give Cena an F5 but that simple act sent the WWE universe the right vibes and made them all very happy. Due to his return, we witnessed an arm breaking machine who would one day go on to beat Undertaker and defeat the undefeated streak of his and finally conquer the WWE by capturing the WWE championship.

Honorable Mentions: Daniel Bryan At WM 30, Shawn Michaels Retirement, The Rocks Return, Dolph Zigglers Cash In.

People may give WWE slack for not always giving us great programing but sometimes they put on amazing moments for everyone involved. These were my top 5 moments. What would yours be?

5. WWE Raw - April 2, 2012: Brock Lesnar Returns - The Raw after WrestleMania is a hot show. I hadn't been reading up on various wrestling news that day so I had no idea that Lesnar was returning. When his music hit and the crowd erupted, I got chills down my spine. Lesnar didn't say anything, talking was never his strongest suit, so him coming into the middle of the ring, feigning shaking John Cena's had and delivering a thunderous F-5 was all the statement that needed to be made. As with many things in wrestling, a lot of people would soon become disillusioned with Lesnar because WWE wasn't doing exactly what they felt the company should do. However, Lesnar's return was still one of those big moments that'll be remembered fondly.

4. WWE Raw - June 7, 2010: The Nexus Debuts - When The Nexus debuted on Raw, demolished the ringside area and decimated John Cena, I thought it was one of the best endings to any wrestling TV program I've ever seen and still do. While it's unfortunate that Vince McMahon ultimately transformed nearly all these guys into lambs slaughtered upon the sacrificial altar of John Cena, their debut made an immediate impact and generated a ton of incredible buzz. Even at this time, fans were getting tired of the likes of Triple H, John Cena and Randy Orton dominating the picture and here were 7 completely fresh, brand new faces that'd just made one hell of an impact. I still believe The Nexus is something that could've been much, much greater than it would ultimately turn out to be but, regardless, it's possibly the single most impactful debut since Chris Jericho.

3. WWE Raw: June 27, 2011 - CM Punk's Pipe Bomb - Regardless of how some opinions of Punk have changed over the course of the past year or so, his "Pipe Bomb" promo was an amazing moment that had the entire wrestling world abuzz. In what was essentially a worked shoot, WWE was able to tweak things just enough to provide enough uncertainty as to what the deal was, such as WWE cutting off Punk's mic. Even veteran dirt sheet writers couldn't tell if it was a work or if it was a legit shoot for the next few weeks. There was just enough venom in his voice and enough heat behind what he was saying that made it seem real. Punk's delivery was fantastic and he took his career to an entirely different level. A lot of fans had felt for years that Punk was a main event level guy and this promo pretty much erased whatever doubt was left in people's minds.

2. WrestleMania XXVIII: April 1, 2012 - The Undertaker, Triple H & Shawn Michaels Share An Embrace - This is something that genuinely had one of those "once in a lifetime" feelings to it, in my eyes, rather than Cena vs. Rock I. Taker, Triple H & Cena were the last remnants left in WWE, still strongly associated with WWE, of the Attitude Era. The match itself was fantastic and told one helluva story, but the sight of all three guys just hugging each other when it was all said & done had one of those moments that wasn't planned or scripted. I figured it'd probably be the last time we saw all three of them in the same ring at one time and I also had the feeling that it would be The Undertaker's swan song and that he'd retire with his streak standing at an even 20-0. MAYBE that was planned, at least to some degree, at one point but it's obviously not what happened. Still, a helluva WrestleMania moment.

1. WrestleMania XXX - April 6, 2014: Daniel Bryan Wins The WWE World Heavyweight Championship - In terms of match outcomes and delivering the finish on an epic storyline, I don't think I've seen a better one in a good many years. Despite various twists & turns, despite some mistakes made here & there that included an ill timed attempted heel turn for Bryan, not including Bryan in the Royal Rumble and having Dave Batista win said Rumble match instead, WWE delivered one hell of an interesting storyline featuring the most over babyface the roster has seen in many years. It'd been a very, very long time since a WrestleMania main event storyline had generated this much concentrated interest from fans of all age & gender demographics ranging from casual to hardcore. Considering that they'd seen The Undertaker's undefeated streak end about 35 minutes earlier, something that just flat out knocked everyone on their collective ass, they needed something to happen to end the show on a major high note. Considering that the streak was something some viewed as damn near sacred, the only thing that could balance things out would be having the most over babyface on the roster deliver the satisfying ending to this storyline by winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at the biggest show of the year.

5. John Cena beats The Miz and John Morrison at Extreme Rules
This one may be a strange one for everyone, but I personally despised The Miz being WWE champion. He was no where near ready to become world championship material, let alone ready to main event Wrestlemania. I would have preferred Morrison to win, but I came to to the point where I didn't care who would be the one to end one of the worst title reigns in my opinion.

4. The Rock vs John Cena at Wrestlemania 28
This match obviously didn't have the same electricity that Rock and Hogan had. Even though it was announced a year too early, I seriously just couldn't wait for it to happen. And when it did, personally for me it delivered. It was a solid match and seriously at one point during the match, I didn't know who was going to win. It was great to see two of WWE's biggest icons go at it. Kudos to WWE for making it happen.

3. The Shield debut match TCL 2012
One of my favourite debuts matches would definitely be the Shield vs Daniel Bryan, Kane and Ryback. They made a huge impact at Survivor Series and I was left generally buzzing over the weeks leading up to TLC, as to whether what all the hype was about these 3 guys. I was left astounded to how well they performed for their first match which was a TLC match. From there on in I knew the Shield was going to be a bad ass group with talented individuals who worked so well cohesively in the ring and out of it.

3. Daniel Bryan wins the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Definitely one of the best feel good moments the WWE audience would ever witness. Bryan was screwed again and again and again by the Authority. He became the ultimate underdog and the fans who appreciated his efforts took him the next level by rallying behind him. The Yes movement resulted in changing the main event of Wrestlemania 30 and it was the best decision ever made to allow Bryan to have his Wrestlemania moment. Beating Triple H to go on and beat Orton and Batista... what a way to end the main event by Bryan holding those titles and a whole arena chanting YESSSS!!! YESSS!!!

1. CM Punk's iconic pipebomb
In my opinion Punk's pipebomb on Raw was the best promo/rant whatever you wanna call it to occur. It shook the foundation of the WWE and kicked Punk's career off to a whole new level. The summer of Punk was was on the horizon and it was definitely one of the best angles I've seen in the WWE.

To me, I'm going with "top moments" meaning most meaningful and iconic, not necessarily the "best"

Wrestlemania XXX- The Streak is Broken by Brock Lesnar: I was there and I cannot even put into words the complete and utter shock of myself and everyone in attendance. It was so stunning, and when "21-1" showed up on the screens around the Superdome, everyone jaws dropped. This was the untouchable streak of the best WWE Superstar ever. This isn't the "best, feel-good" moment, but easily the most talked about and iconic moment since maybe the attitude era. This is easily #1

CM Punk's Pipebomb - Monday Night Raw: Catapulted the dudes career to new heights. It towed the line of reality and script that even made some of the IWC wonder... In an era where everytging seemed so bland, here comes Punk to essentially "Save The Day." He woke up the none casual fan and sucked them back in. Just an awesome moment and I wish the dude was still around. That's my #2

Daniel Bryan wins Title at Wrestlemania XXX- it was rare, besides maybe Punk (who did get a lot of heat, when a heel) that the casual fan, marks, IWC and everyone in between wanted ONE man to win the title. The Yes Movement reached it's pinnacle and it was fucking awesome. Kids, Grownups, Losers, Parents, teens, adults, old people all unites behind Daniel Bryan.

Edge's Retirement- so disappointed. He was such a great performer. Didn't wanna see him go but sometimes, like a lot of great football players do as well, you gotta take life after your career into consideration and you have to respect him for it. To think how scary it's gotta to be in an industry where more than yourself you have to trust your opponent, and one bad fall could paralyze you.

Finally I'd say Dolph Ziggler's cash-in: I'm not gonna lie, when it happened my roommate and I stood up and high-fived. It was awesome. I know it was a lackluster run, but that moment was so cool. The Pop was unbelievable, Ziggler's reaction, I personally don't like Del Rio, it was just all around an awesome koment

1) The Streak ending. No-one thought it would end and while it wasn't necessarily a joyous moment it was epic. As long as I watch wrestling, I doubt there will be a moment that shocks me more than The Streak ending.

2) The Rock returning. One of the greatest of all time and he came back. It was so amazing to see him back with the idea of him wrestling one more match.

3) Punk's pipebomb. Sure it wasn't the "shoot" that some are so desperate to believe but it was still incredible to watch. It felt very real which made it so fantastic and it one of the true great promos. It completely helped kick-start his career.

4) Bryan winning the belt. I wasn't a massive Bryan fan but the road to Mania was so perfectly done. To go from the notion he was deliberately being kept down to winning the big one, at Wrestlemania is just so fantastic. Plus he did it against Triple H, Orton and Batista in two top quality matches. The fans chanting the night after "you deserve this" really resonates. Bryan just had to walk out that Wrestlemania as champion and he did, perfect .

5) Lesnar returning. This is simply a "mark-out" moment. I never thought he would be back and, despite the rumours, I never believed it would happen. Then to see him back and going straight after Cena, that's a sight to see.

Other great/memorable moments: Ziggler cashing in, The Shield splitting up and Sting showing up in the WWE.

5. John Cena vs CM Punk on Raw - The best match Ive seen on a Monday night in a LONG time...if ever. CM Punk pulling out the ol piledriver plus plenty of false finishes that really worked.

4. Undertakers streak ending - Ive been saying for years it had to happen and what better guy to do it than Brock. It needed to happen to bring the reality back to wrestling, anything can happen. Absolutely awesome moment.

3. CM Punks pipebomb - Best promo of the modern era...something Ive watched dozens of times. It really got everyone talking and made wrestling exciting again, at least for that summer - The Summer of Punk!

2. Brock returns - The pop was amazing, the energy in the building you could cut with a knife. Amazing moment...and if it couldnt get any better...Cena gets F-5'd.

1. The Rock returns - Nobody saw it coming. Ultimate shocker...especially with him being gone for so long. What made it awesome is that he verbally assaulted the #1 face of the company and told it like it is. Just like the guy in the audience said, "Thank you, Rocky!"
Past 5 years?...this to me ranks in the top 5 ever. What an awesome nostalgic moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back