You just became head creative writer for Raw/Smackdown, take it from here..

First, DiBiase would get the hell out of Legacy and give a big speech about how when he was growing up, everyone had a price. He buys himself a little stable and feuds with Kofi, and have Kofi lose in a "Butler Match", where he has to become the 2k9 version of Virgil. I think Kofi and DiBiase could make a hell of a run out of that and elevate themselves.

Either make Orton a total psycho or make him a giant, hide behind security guards and contract bitch, not both. Turn Edge face, have him and Orton feud over the title on Raw.

Tag Team Tournament, have a team win that will actually stick around. WWE/F was at it's best when teams like the Brainbusters, Hart Foundation, Demolition and such were running the division, build it up again, the right way.

Make Jericho the heel leader of Smackdown and have him feud with Jeff Hardy.

Get Christian involved and on TV (I don't count ECW-lite as TV) in something meaningful, maybe him and Mysterio?

Give the Miz an extended IC run after a short feud with Cena.

Put HHH in as Raw's GM for a few months, really sell the fact he is abusing his power.

Get Joey Styles back on TV, maybe as Smackdown's GM?

Light Batista on fire.

I would first of all let the feuds currently in place run their course til extreme rules. Roughly an hour into the show I would have a limo pull up outside and not reveal who was inside and then go onto the next match everybody guessing who was inside etc. After the next match I would then have Teddy Long leaving an office and asked by say Todd Grisham what is going on and he would refuse to comment and then about 5 seconds later see Tiffany enter before Grisham has a chance to catch her she closes the door.

Then just as Vickie is preparing for her match I would have say Teddy Long come in and whisper something in her ear and she would look completely shocked and then just walk off and the match would never take place. I would then have Randy Orton retain in the main event and be celebrating with legacy when it cuts to the titantron and you see Vince McMahon striding towards the ring and he gets on the stage and addresses Randy Orton's win and then says that tomorrow night on Raw every single employee of WWE must make their way to RAW because he has a major announcement which will shake the foundations of the WWE and it concerns even you Orton and especially the WWE fans.....

Next night on RAW I would have a shot of all the wrestlers arriving or already there talking amongst themselves. I would then book a normal show and have superstars coming up to their respective GM's asking what is going on and them remaining stone faced and then putting them in competitive matches for the night when say Jericho insults Teddy Long he has to face Umaga or something like that and have a big 8 man tag about 40-50 mins from the end. I would then have all the wrestlers out on the ramp with the bigger names to the front and then Vince's music hits...and the wrestlers all part to let him through. Vince will chat on for a bit and talk about all the good and bad times in WWE over the years and how there comes a time when he has to call it a day and that today he is stepping down as the Chairman of the WWE.........have about 2 mins of reactions etc and look of absolute shock.

Then Vince will regain his composure and say however he has handpicked his replacement and the new chairman of the WWE is.............."Here comes the money......." Shane McMahon comes down to the ring in a flashy suit and shakes his father's hand and doesn't say a word and the Vince walks out of the ring and gives a wave and thanks the fans and then leaves.... My first act as the new chairman of WWE is to ask Randy Orton and Edge to come to the ring (can stare down Orton who looks shell shocked) .......At Summerslam we are going to have a unification match for the undisputed heavyweight championship and it will be a 6 man HIAC match involving you 2 and we are going to have 4 more matches where I will hand pick the competitors and the winners will get to challenge for the title at SS.....

I am unsure where to go from there in terms of all the talent but It would set up some interesting scenarios which would involve the firing of all GMs (maybe keeping Vickie Guerrero on in some capacity) after say reassuring them their jobs are safe, making ECW like old school Heat was with mainly lower carders and the occasional bigger name on there and not an exclusive roster where people like Festus, Jimmy Wang Yang etc can wrestle and get rid of the brand extension. The dead weight could then be trimmed or they might actually step up their game and prove their worth to the company. I would make Shane gradually get more and more arrogant as he lets the power go to his head and have a power struggle with Stephanie where he initially lets make some decisons but he overrules her more and more and he begins to favour the kiss asses and heels a little bit more and stack the odds up against the faces. I would have HHH caught completely in the middle of the sibling rivalry as he tries to stay on Shane's good side for the good of his career.

Some might say that Shane would become over exposed and maybe so but it is a fresh direction for the company and would allow them to build some stars who either fight for Shane or stand up to him in a way recreating the old heel boss v face wrestler scenario which with the right people in the roles can be very entertaining.....I would make it a very gradual change as well by tweaking his character ever so slightly the more succesful his "ideas" become etc

I guess my idea hasn't talked much about the talent itself... I would merge the World titles but keep the IC and US on as before they had the European and IC titles and that worked fine. I am unsure how the ECW title could be removed as I wouldn't want the top level performers like Christian and Evan Bourne on there as I would want to utilize them on the main shows but maybe it might be a good place for tecnical and high flying matches with not many storylines.

I would want there to be more of an unpredictable feeling to the shows and try and have some high level fueds for the IC and US belts with the odd semi main eventer in the mix: Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, MVP, John Morrison, Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Kennedy, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Evan Bourne, Christian, Hart Foundation, Shelton Benjamin, Ted Dibiase, Cody Rhodes, Carlito, Primo, William Regal, Kane, R-Truth, Umaga, Jack Swagger, Finlay.
That is a high level mid-card and new tag teams and stables can be formed from them and several high calibre matches and hopefully elevevate them to new heights and occasionally interact them with the main event. I would keep Batista as far away from the world title, trim the divas and use more as managers. I would pair up Morrison and Melina as one example.

The first thing I'd do is not worry about whether or not the programming is TV-PG or TV-14. You can have a great show no matter what the rating is.

I'd definitely put a better effort into the Tag-Team Division. I'd put the belts on Dibiase and Rhodes to truly make Legacy look dominate. The Hart Dynasty would turn face. Cryme Tyme would be heels. I'd make them guys who were tired of playing to stereotypes and just be tough guys that can kick ass.

I would definitely stop treating the Belts like Hot Potatoes all the time. I'd have less title changes to make them see more prestigious.

I wouldn't change much when it comes to Cena. I'd give him a little more edge.

I'd definitely focus on making guys superstars who have been busting their asses.

I'd bring back the King of the Ring as a yearly PPV,

The first person I'd make KOR would be Shelton Benjamin, which would kick off his monster push.

I'd have him win the Tag Titles with Haas. Then I'd have him win the Intercontinental Title along with King of the Ring. Making cockier and cockier. I'd have him come out and brag about all his accomplishments. He'd eventually challenge for the World Title and lose. He'd then lose the Tag Titles, and then the I-C belt, leaving him with nothing. This would be an extremely humbling experience, turning him face.

Right around Wrestlemania, he'd qualifiy for Money in the Bank. I'd have a heel come out and say he's been in every Money in the Bank and he's never won. Making him the biggest loser in the WWE who will never win the big one.

I'd play up his upbringing like they did Booker T, and play up his accomplishments. Everything but the World Title.

After years and years of trying, he'd FINALLY win MITB, challenge for the World Title, but lose making him more and more hungry. He eventually win The World title and have this big celebration like Jeff Hardy, but he'd keep the belt longer than 3 weeks.

What I would do, is keep HHH out of the title pic for a while. Send Cena to ECW as a heel. Shelf Batista and the big slow. Send Legacy to the junk yard have RKO stand on his own. Put JR and the King back on raw, have cole and striker on smackdown and make smakdown more of a x division show. Guys like Jeff hardy, ray, TBK. guys that can move around the ring and put on a great show. Make the all the titles mean something again by giveing long title runs and more thought out storylines. AND stop the crappy DQ endings to title matches. Bring christian to smackdown to feud with edge. and LESS TALK MORE WRESTLING!

I'm telling anyone right now, the more people that keep advocating "less talking, more wrestling, more wrestling, more wrestling" on these weekly shows is going to see your ratings keep getting smaller, and smaller, and smaller.

I have been tracking the ratings on a weekly basis. Smackdown and ECW are the two wrestling shows. Consensus seems to be that these two shows feature more wrestling, in-ring action, and less talking .... then Raw. And their ratings are atrocious.

You can not have a product with all ring-action, and barely any talking or storylines. It doesn't work. And we've seen it time, and time, and time again.

The highest Smackdown achieved on My Network is a 2.2, around the time when it first debuted, and also around Mania time. Since then, it has decreased all the way down to a 1.6. And that show features the most wrestling, compared to Raw. Yet, it's ratings are going down.

And if that isn't bad enough, it is also damaging the success of the PPV's. The more wrestling and the longer the matches you put on for free on the weekly shows, the less people look forward to the PPV's, where it actually counts.

For the longest time in wrestling, you had a nice blend and everything served its purpose.

You had the weekly shows, that were storyline-driven, featured shorter matches, and had compelling storylines to hype the PPV's. And then on the PPV's, you had the actual wrestling.

Now, Smackdown and Raw are relying on in-ring action, to basically sell more in-ring action for the PPV's. And this is killing the interest in the product. As a fly on the wall, I honestly don't understand how some of you guys (who undoubtedly are well-intentioned) do not see what is happening here.

You can only have so much wrestling action, before people get tired of it. You have to have a perfect blend, to make the machine run smoothly. Intriguing characters that people care about, complex storylines, just the right amount of in-ring action on the weekly shows, however not too much ... so that people have a different product to look forward to on the PPV's ... where the real money is spent.

Less is more.

I like this thread idea.

If I am taking over today, here's how I would book One Night Stand.

Jeff goes over Edge. Jeff is far and away, the most over face in wrestling. The building erupts when his name is mentioned, much less when his music starts. I would have him squeak by Edge. I need to keep Edge strong. After the match, I would have Edge jsut go ballistic on Hardy. Hardy has won a world title already, so there isn't as much need to have ten minutes of celebration. Edge would be pounding Jeff with the ladder, when out comes Matt Hardy. The crowd boos as Matt winds up the cast, and clocks....Edge! Then, of course, Christian runs out and takes Edge's back. This leads to the next PPV, where we have a good old Hardy's vs. Edge/Christian match, with this stipulation: If Edge and Christian win, Edge gets the World Title from Jeff. If Matt and Jeff win, Matt gets the ECW strap from Christian.

Of course this means that Christian beats Swagger and Dreamer. John Cena goes over Big Show, and mercifully, their feud ends.

I would hide a live grenade in the hog pen, so that Vickie and Santino have to be "repackaged."

I would have Orton and Batista go for 20 minutes. Right when Batista is about to win, HHH and HBK appear and beats the hell out of them both. I, unlike many others, am a Batista fan. I want the show to end with DX standing tall, Orton handcuffed to the ropes on one side of the ring, Batista on the other.and a semblance of disorder on Raw.

Jericho wins the IC for a record ninth time. No reason, I just don't like Rey as much.

Finally, I have Umaga just dominate CM Punk from pillar to post, but have CM Punk roll up Umaga for a win.

Now, Monday night, DX starts off the show, to a mixed reaction, hopefully. HBK says he got tired of hearing Orton and Batista talk about Evolution. Evolution was nothing compared to DX, blah blah. He announces that DX is back together. He then says that HHH will turn on him at some point, but that he hopes he achieves his goal first. HHH says their goal is for one to hold the WWE championship, and the other to hold the WHC.

On the card, we have DX vs. Batista/Orton.

Cena feuds with Miz up through SummerSlam. I want Miz to get a clean win the night after the ONS. This sets up months of matches involving the two, rap contests, arm wrestling, everything. Cena wins all the challenges, and Miz keeps winning the matches.

MVP should run roughshod through the midcard. At the next three PPV's he should beat Kofi, Regal, and then both of them in a triple threat match. By Royal Rumble, he should be at the top of his game, which is good, because he will be winning the Rumble.

On ECW, a thirteenth person tunes in and watches. Interestingly enough, those few people will see the beginning of the end of the brand split. Christian would be one on one with Jeff Hardy. It doesn't matter who wins, but all four guys will be appearing on all three shows every week. At the next PPV, Jeff and Matt win. Matt is the new ECW champ. With the ECW champ on Raw, naturally, we get an InVasion angle. The Hardy's defend each other on both shows against Swagger, Finlay, and Dreamer. The ECW guys bring help, so Matt and Jeff do the same. The Harts vs. the Colons emerges out of this mess.

DX's first order of business will be getting HHH Orton's title. This happens at Survivor Series in a fatal Four Way, which has emerged from months of these four going at each other.

Meanwhile, Punk continues to steal wins. He is turning into Edge. The more he wins, the cockier he gets. The fans start to turn on him. All of a sudden, he starts putting MitB on the line. He says that he is pretty much the WHC as it is, so he is going to start defending it. Well, it just so happens that HBK has flown in to see Teddy Long about something. He sees Punk on a monitor and asks Teddy if it's OK. Of course, HBK wins, and now has the briefcase.

After MVP wins the Rumble, he chooses to take on Jeff Hardy. He shocks the world, but says that he spoke to HHH, and HHH promised him a unification bout if he wins. HBK gets wind of this, and we see backstage that HHH is telling HBK that it's all a plot to get him that belt. HBK shows him the briefcase, and HHH tells him to be patient.

Meanwhile, HBK wins a number one contender's match, and takes Jeff's belt at NWO. He and Teddy are fast becoming friends. Now, because of HHH's advise, MVP is taking on his buddy HBK at Wrestlemania. HBK thanks HHH by beating him with briefcase at the first Raw after NWO and taking his title.

At this point, we have had ECW invade Raw and Smackdown, Jeff, Matt, Edge, Christian, Primo, Carlito, and HBK all over all the shows.

The card at next year's Wrestlemania would look like this.

HBK vs. MVP for the unified world title.

HHH vs. Jeff Hardy in a number one contender's match for Backlash

Cena vs. Kennedy in some match with some kind of build up over Kennedy making fun of Cena because Behind Enemy Lines sold more DVD's than 12 rounds.

Christian vs. Matt Hardy for the ECW title

and then some other matches.

MVP wins. For the WWE to have a black man standing tall at the end of Wrestlemania would be a sign of new times.

Jeff goes over HHH again in a number one contender's match.

Morrison wins the US Title, and gets set for a push at SummerSlam.

Kennedy over Cena.

Matt beats Christian, Christian gets moved to a real show, Matt serves to put Jack Swagger over for six months.

Right before the main event, Teddy sends a team of Undertaker, Kane, etc. vs. Vickie's team of similar guys. Vince has declared that splitting the brands hasn't worked because the guys don't care about who's on what show, if there is a problem or an opportunity, guys ahve always jumped across shows, so there is no need for them to be separate. Whichever GM's team wins, get to be the GM of then entire WWE, and the loser is banished. Teddy wins, takes Tiffany as his assisstant, and Vickie is gone!

I would absolutely scrap several guys on the active rosters. Starting off with:
-Festus
-Goldust
-Jamie Noble
-Hornswaggle
-Jesse
-Funaki
-R-Truth
-Khali
-Mark Henry
-Kozlov
-Finlay
-Hacksaw
-Kane (old gimmick. tired character.)

As far as the rest of the roster, I would force HBK, Undertaker, Batista, and Big Show to retire. Forever. Not these Terry Funk style retirements.

I would want to push a world title scene of guys like
-Randy Orton
-Chris Jericho
-John Cena (as much as I hate him, he makes Vince money...)
-Jeff Hardy (same as Cena)
-Matt Hardy
-CM Punk
-Christian
-Jack Swagger

I would have an upper/midcard section of the brands, consisting of
-Mr Kennedy
-MVP
-The Miz
-Santino
-Paul Birchill
-John Morrison

The tag division would move around from show to show, defending the unified titles.
-Colons
-World's Greatest Tag Team
-Hart Dynasty
-Priceless
-Cryme Time

I would love it if WWE cut down the amount of titles it actually has.
-World Heavyweight Title
-WWE Title
-ECW Title
-Unified Tag Team Titles
-Womens Title (only 1 of them....please god....only 1)
-Intercontinental title (to be defended more on a main event level, similiar to what TNA did to legitimize the X Title)

I would get rid of the GMs....and make it be the "Board of Directors"....leaving it open for who is actually a part of it....(good for Mick Foley-style returns)

That last thing I think I would do is make sure I dont treat my fans as morons. Fans really arent as stupid as Vince thinks we are. Please trust we wont fall for the same tricks a million times.

I'm telling anyone right now, the more people that keep advocating "less talking, more wrestling, more wrestling, more wrestling" on these weekly shows is going to see your ratings keep getting smaller, and smaller, and smaller.

I have been tracking the ratings on a weekly basis. Smackdown and ECW are the two wrestling shows. Consensus seems to be that these two shows feature more wrestling, in-ring action, and less talking .... then Raw. And their ratings are atrocious.

You can not have a product with all ring-action, and barely any talking or storylines. It doesn't work. And we've seen it time, and time, and time again.

The highest Smackdown achieved on My Network is a 2.2, around the time when it first debuted, and also around Mania time. Since then, it has decreased all the way down to a 1.6. And that show features the most wrestling, compared to Raw. Yet, it's ratings are going down.

And if that isn't bad enough, it is also damaging the success of the PPV's. The more wrestling and the longer the matches you put on for free on the weekly shows, the less people look forward to the PPV's, where it actually counts.

For the longest time in wrestling, you had a nice blend and everything served its purpose.

You had the weekly shows, that were storyline-driven, featured shorter matches, and had compelling storylines to hype the PPV's. And then on the PPV's, you had the actual wrestling.

Now, Smackdown and Raw are relying on in-ring action, to basically sell more in-ring action for the PPV's. And this is killing the interest in the product. As a fly on the wall, I honestly don't understand how some of you guys (who undoubtedly are well-intentioned) do not see what is happening here.

You can only have so much wrestling action, before people get tired of it. You have to have a perfect blend, to make the machine run smoothly. Intriguing characters that people care about, complex storylines, just the right amount of in-ring action on the weekly shows, however not too much ... so that people have a different product to look forward to on the PPV's ... where the real money is spent.

Less is more.

Yeah, I don't understand how anyone can honestly think more in-ring action could help WWE. I can understand how some people could WANT that, but to say that it would help the company is absurd. Ratings don't lie.

Well, I don't have drastic roster cuts in mind, although I would get rid of a few characters and work some new blood into the show. But what I'm going to do is diagram each thing I would do, give reason for that, and we'll be thoroughly entertained. Here we go...

1) Bra and Panties Matches

Look, you can call me a perv, call me a dirty bastard. I don't give a shit. The reason the ratings were somewhat decent when there was a shitty show was because we got to see some fine ass women strip each other to lingerie. I miss it. Torrie Wilson, Stacy, Lita, Trish. We have some extremely hot Divas and seeing Maryse and Kelly Kelly in bra and panties would get some buy rates up. And some other things up, too.

2)Amendments to the Commentary

I notice that when the promos are going on, they let the wrestlers tell the story. Fair enough. But what if we don't know what's going on. What if we've tuned in for the first time in six months? That's what Cole and Lawler are for. Why don't they interject some commentary in between the moments of banter like they used to? It's so stupid having all that silence at the end of the show or during segments. I'll never know why they are doing that.

3) Put JR back on Raw and Cole on Smackdown

No one cares about the commentary, until someone switches brands. Dammit, JR and King are as gold as you can get in this era of poor play-by-play and commentary. Why split them up? It's stupid. Cole should stay on Smackdown and JR needs to be on Raw. Also, Todd Grisham DOES NOT need to be anywhere near the announcer's table. He needs to go stick his microphone in wrestlers faces so they can make fun of him. Terrible. Hell, I'd even consider firing Todd. No joke.

4) Wishing some well on their future endeavors

Some people need to either go or get out of the ring and off TV. Among the wrestlers I'd release are...

Festus
Jamie Noble
Hornswoggle
Jillian Hall
Jesse
Ricky Ortiz
Charlie Haas

And I'd repacakge some wrestlers, too. Here are some I'd tweak with.

Kane

Kane is a big, fucking monster. The man was built up to be the man who would take out the Undertaker. The UNDERTAKER. An icon. Now? He has trouble with Rey Mysterio and CM Punk. I make him mean again. He comes out, attacks someone like Batista or Punk. I'm talking a stretcher job. You build a program where Kane talks about how's he's losing his touch. How some people aren't as afraid of Kane as they used to be. Kane ponders this for a few weeks. He goes into a match with someone such as Morrison, gets rolled up for a pin, snaps, starts throwing a damn fit and then he leaves up the ramp, not to be seen for a while. He returns, to his previous theme, comes out and demolishes CM Punk, and challenges him for the damn briefcase, which he would in, and then call out Edge for the belt. There you go. Monster. Feed him jobbers. Make them feel his pain. Kane would be more fearful than Umaga.

Santino

I don't give a shit how funny Santino is. The man is a legit bad ass outside the ring. He's a martial artists who has a great ring background. I'd make him into a man who comes out of his shell and starts to take his wrestling seriously. I'd make him come out to a Santina sketch, where he would 'break' character and go on about how he's sick of the BS that's taken place with him. He'd go off about how he's a decorated fighter who knows what he's doing and the WWE writers want to make him out to be a bumbling idiot. He loses the accent, peels off the uni brow and lets the world know that whether you like or not, Santino's a wrestler and then he'd proceed to beat the living dog shit out of Chavo Guererro. He'd then be in some serious matches where he would contend for the US title with MVP. He'd be great. Team him back up with Beth, as Beth would be attracted to the new Santino. It would work, people.

The Miz

Nothing's wrong with the Miz. He just needs to win. Have the Miz roll up Cena with tights or hit him with knucks in order to score the pinfall. That way, there's some legitimacy to Miz. He's cocky, arrogant, and would be my future US Champion as he would beat MVP for the belt. It's a build that needs to happen and it would on my watch.

Randy Orton

His 'viper/psycho' character is downright stupid. Cocky, arrogant Orton was twice as entertaining and even a bigger heel than what he is now. He's still serious, sneaky and underhanded, but he's cocky and more charismatic than he is now. A good heel is cocky, confident, and blames everyone but himself. Orton needs to do that again, instead of just having him slobber and twitch his eye like he's due a lobotomy. Orton is best when he thinks he's better than everybody instead of crazier than everybody.

Priceless

That theme music would be scrapped, their way of doing things would be scrapped, everything would be started over from scratch. In a 3-on-2 handicap match, they win...period. Because it's a damn handicap match and the odds are supposed to be stacked against the faces. Dibiase and Rhodes need time to work on their mic skills, but being good heels means putting some people out. Make an example of someone. It'll show that they're serious and not to be messed with. When they get attacked, they sneak around the back, Pearl Harbor the culprit and leave them stretched out. A good faction is feared. Instill some fear into them by making them do anything necessary to keep the belt on Orton.

David Hart Smith

He's a big guy, he's muscular and soon, he'd be bigger than that Hart Foundation tandem they'd have. Orton would start scouting Hart Smith, then see him as a potential asset to the team. Of course, Smith would be standoffish about loyalty and how his dad was loyal to the Hart family. Then Orton would cut him deep with the whole, 'That's why you're dad was never champion' comeback. It'd make Smith mad enough to hit Orton, but he doesn't. He walks off. He'd then go to Raw with Tyson Kidd, and challenge Priceless for their Tag Team titles, only to turn on Kidd and join Legacy. There's a team, folks. Especially if I build Hart Smith to be a poor man's Batista. :D

Finally...the GM's.

Forget about the General Managers, we'd have COMMISSIONERS! Remember those? On Raw? Make Flair or Shane McMahon the Commissioner. On Smackdown, Teddy Long or Stephanie McMahon would fit. On ECW, can't go wrong with Tommy Dreamer.

But that's my take on what I'd do. Go for it.

If I was head writer I'd do the following things:

Main Eventers
-John Cena
-Edge
-Randy Orton
-Jeff Hardy
-Chris Jericho
-Shawn Michaels (The occasional Big Time Match)
-Undertaker (1-3 years left, brought back sparingly, due to age, health)
-Triple H (Possible GM after finished with Wrestling)
-Batista
-Big Show
-Rey Mysterio (Be brought up to the main event scene to a degree)
-CM Punk (Used well, becomes true main event 2-3 years)

The Main Event scene would be focused more on the younger, more chrasmatic superstars such as John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho.

I'd book a John Cena vs. Undertaker feud although not a Wrestlemania match to bury Cena to the streak. Why bury one of the biggest stars yet.

Triple H would reunite D-Generation X with Shawn Michaels to bring the Tag Team Division back to life within WWE. Get him out of the Main Event Scene.

Bring an Undertaker, Jeff Hardy feud possible Wrestlemania Match.

Upper MidCard
-MVP (Will be WWE Champion 2-3 years, next possible huge face)
-Matt Hardy (next possible Huge heal alongside Edge,Randy Orton)
-Mr. Kennedy (Next huge face, used sparingly due to injury prone)
-Chavo Guerrero (Turn him a true Guerrero, finish what Eddie RIP Started)
-Christian (ECW champion, stays face, and feuds with MVP, Matt Hardy etc.)
-Tommy Dreamer (Move him to Raw or Smackdown, needs a real WWE run.)
-Kane
-Santino Marella (Keep with his comedy, wrestles more, removes monobrow)
-Mike Knox (fix him up, get rid of beard, nice haircut and turn him into a giant just like the past with Kane, Undertaker & Big Show)
-Shelton Benjamin (Match with Morrison was great, build up to main event, still bit early)
-Charlie Haas (Fix him up, tune him)
-Carlito (Fix him to eventually become a WWE/WorldChampion)
-Sim Snuka & The Legacy (Turn them truly legacy!!!!)(Possible future stars, used right!)
-Jack Swagger
-The Miz (Will eventually turn into a I.C Champ, U.S Champ, Main Event within 2-3 years)
-John Morrison (Become U.S, I.C, main event 2-3 years)
-Kofi Kingston
-R-Truth
-Evan Bourne

Tag Teams
-D-Generation X (Triple H & Shawn Michaels)
-Worlds Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas)
-The Hart Trilogy (David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd & Natalya)
-The Colons (Carlito & Primo)(Bring in their father for a few weeks)
-Cryme Tyme - Shad, JTG (Bring in Alicia Fox)
-Giant Tag Team(name?)Mike Knox, Umaga, Great Khali & Vladimir Kozlov (not too long as monster team, will get dry)
-The Legacy (Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase Jr & Sim Snuka)

Feuds

Character changes
-Beth Phoenix (Make her the new Chyna get a match against a male star, without destroying her)
-Natalya (Make her the next big thing, eventually a massive, headlining feud with Phoenix)
-Mickie James (yes ok some bra & panties action but make a huge deal)
-Melina (Make the second to best Heel)
-Candice Michelle (Fix her wrestling and turn her pro)

Cruiserweight Division
Bring back Cruiserweight Championship with Jamie Noble, Hornswoggle, Goldust, Jesse, Gregory Helms, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston & Rey Mysterio

Even though Kofi, Mysterio & Bourne & Helms will be midcard they will also be in cruiserweight division to give it LIFE!!! Plus Goldust to give him something and bring back the Goldust we loved.

ANNOUNCING
Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler as RAW
Matt Striker & Todd Grisham on Smackdown
Michael Cole & Josh Matthews on ECW (yes I know Matthews, but give him the chance)
Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler & Matt Striker on PPVS
Michael Cole & Todd Grisham on Superstars alongside occasionals from others.

The first thing I would do is let the current stories finish their courses, no matter how horrid they end up being. After that, time to make the changes.

First is cut back the number of PPVs so that stories aren't as rushed. This may surprise some, but I would say leave the brand split. If treated as a true split, it can work out very well. The only crossovers would happen in the tag and womens ranks. Which leads into the next step of building the tag ranks.

Leave the tag titles as a unified title, but make only one title belt instead of the champs running around with two belts each. Build teams up on all three brands. I would say 4 teams per brand and give the tag teams some time on each show. The current champs would count as a Raw team as that is their "official" brand. Because of the nature of the brand split, the tag belts could only be defended on either a PPV or on Superstars and not every week on Superstars as that would become old. Also, the teams would need to be willing to stay together for a long duration instead of a couple months.

Next, I would only have one title for the women. Treat it similar to the tag belts in the fact that it could only be defended on a PPV or Superstars. Also, not every week on Superstars as that would get old as well.

The only other crossover between brands would occur at the Royal Rumble in the rumble match itself. Also, whoever wins the rumble will actually face their brand's champion at WrestleMania, not at No Way Out that includes elimination chambers to determine the actual WrestleMania challengers as has been done the last couple of years. By doing this, it gives back a little bit of the "prestige" that goes with winning the rumble. You also only allow the winner to challenge for their own brand, not whichever champion they choose.

More wrestling can work on TV, but it needs to be interwoven into the storylines. Shorter matches that in some way tie into the stories. Let the main events run a little longer for the simple fact that they are the main event and should be treated as such.

In a sink or swim move, don't script the promos so heavily. Give the wrestlers a set of things you want them to get over and let them go from there. They either make it or they don't.

As kind of a contrast to what I just said, there are wrestlers out there that can perform very well in the ring, but absolutely suck on the mic. that is whay you bring back the long lost art of managers. I know using this name be sort of taboo in some people's eyes, but here goes. Chris Benoit was really good in the ring. His mic work sucked. He made is career off in ring skills alone. That doesn't work as well anymore. Imagine if he had a manager with the mic skills of say an Arn Anderson or Roddy Piper to do the talking and building up for him. I can almost gurantee it wouldn't have taken him 18 years to win a World title. There are a lot of guys out there that could benefit from a managaer and I say bring them back.

Legacy would get a small change. Leave Randy at the head, but move Ted Jr. into the mid-card role going after the US title. Bring Joe Hennig up from Florida and put him with Cody (for now) as the tag team of the group. Eventually, either another DiBiase or one of the Rotundo boys could be brought in to replace Cody. It wouldn't do this to dog Cody. I would do this to make Leagacy into an all third generation group. Even though they don't need a manager to do the talking for them, bring in Ted Sr. as a manager for them to give the group a more modern Horsemen feel. Great things can be done with Legacy if the group is handled correctly.

Legacy could also be used as a blueprint to form other stables. I am not say that you should drown the WWE in stables, but having 3 or 4 spread throughout the brands could work.

I would also start building some of the younger guys up towards the main event level. ECW is working out as a really good way to build younger guys up to get them ready for the bigger shows. Keep a couple of veterans as active in ring guys to use on TV to help the new talent get over. I would try and get Dreamer to sign a new deal to keep him around and put him in the GM role. Having he and Finlay with the younger guys can do nothing but good for them.

Quick note as to why you DO NOT get rid of Jamie Noble. If you have a guy like Shawn Michaaels going to him for ways to improve in the ring, why lose an asset like that?

I would leave all the other titles intact as they are. Again, just build the crop of younger guys up to compete for the big titles.

Also, mkae the draft an annual thing and make that the only means that a wrestler can change brands. Also, tag teams get drafted as a team. Also, we don't need half the rosters getting shifted around in a single year. Do the on air draft like they have been, but for the supplemental draft, make it a five round draft where the "GM" from each show can "take" whomever they want that is not either already a champion or a main eventer.

I know that the thread was a creative question and this turned into more of a how I would change things rant, but all creative things need to start somewhere.

On a final note, this is just a personal preferance, new WWE Championship and World Championship belts becasue I am tired of looking at the current ones.

First, I would have the wrestlers concentrate on their in-ring work and ring psychology. Have quality matches, decent length, comebacks, and pick up the pace of the work.

Second, I'd have the backstage interview set up in a more intense fashion, with less close ups, like the Gene Okerlund days. Today they seem so boring and non-chalant.

Third, get rid of the unused talent. There's too many unused guys on the roster. Cut down the guys you know that are gonna make your future and who's established now. There's too many mid-carders who don't do anything.

Fourth, change some stale characters up. Cena heel, Shawn Michaels heel, Rhodes and Dibiase turn on Orton cus they are getting drowned out by Randy. They also don't get a chance to shine. They seem too generic to me now. Give Edge some different direction. Ther's some other guys that are going stale, so take who you'd want changed and throw them on the list.

Fifth, put the titles on the line more on TV. The belts have lost their meaning and it guys now don't make it seem believable. Make the TV matches matter just as much as they used to. Give the TV shows more than just building rivalries and wasting time.

Put JR back on RAW and start commentating with one guy for the faces and one guy for the heels.

Knock down from 14 PPV's to 12 so you can put more pressure on the TV shows to produce. 12 is still plenty.

OK, so first of all, this thread says you are in creative, not Vince himself. That means you cannot fucking make cuts.

This isn't hard, find a couple of storylines, and play them out. You're using every thread as a reason to cut people off the roster.

I am tired of hearing that Legacy needs to be torn apart. Why? Because you personally don't like Orton? You did until he got over, but now the regular fans like him, so you don't? Legacy needs to stay together. Rhodes and DiBiase are worthless without it. Furthermore, Orton is the kind of heel that needs a stable. All they need to do with Legacy is give Priceless something to do. Priceless should be backing up Orton, and in their free time, calling out the Colons. I thought that when Legacy was forming, Orton's making them prove themselves to him was entertaining. I was hoping that they would continue that idea. They could continually try to impress him, and he becomes less impressed every week, until they beat the shit out of him and ask how impressed he is now.

First lets base this in some reality were not gonna be able to overhaul the E like that so imma pick one show to be head booker of... imma choose raw cuz smackdown is str8 at the moment. here's how is would do it and continuing most raw storylines.

1st I would keep legacy nothing wrong with them just need direction so ill have orton completely destory bastisa and on the raw following xtreme rulz he proclaims himself the most dominant champion in wwe history cuz he took out the mcmahons and their last hope bastisa and once again mvp would come out off the wings of his improvtu match last nite wit kofi in a street fight so he lost the strap to kofi. he and orton would fued and he would bring up the fact tht legacy dissed him months ago on smackdown.

second I would have TBK finally find a partner in...HBK since he comes from his wrestling school they would run as the new midnight rockers but TBK ego get into the way and in a segment remiscince of the barbar shop segment of years ago except TBK would attack HBK thus giving him a more serious run as a heel and putting him over. also orton would say his legacy is goin reach beyond raw and the hart dynasty is offically a branch of legacy and DH smith is the leader of the ecw branch of legacy.

next mvp is gonna be goin up against this faction so he needs a group to have his back so he start a faction based on an entourage type group with him as the star bring burke in as his best frined and manager and cryme tyme and his other to boys.

orton and mvp meet at summerslam to close out their fued with shane as special guest ref so the buildup is tht shane is gonna screw orton meanwhile mr. K been on a roll since his return but a lot of wins but most have come from crazy DQ somewhat fast count outs and fastpins so ppl just think its a lucky streak until during the orton mvp match shane screws orton like most seen coming but earlier in the nite Mr K won his cage match whn the light went out and he appear outside dazed out he wins the us belt. so after shane screws mvp Mr K runs in for the save a helps mvp clear the ring rite b4 summerslam goes off Shane says, u think this undefeated just happened for a reason Mr K us Mcmahons always look out for each other . and its off the air. This sets up a fued wit MR K and legacy they try recruiting him and this leads to hi losing his belt and chasing the wwe belt....

ill continue later...

Alright i have a ton of ideas for raw... this show is starting to become unwatchable compared to smackdown... but the biggest idea i have is about legacy... these guys are embarrasing... a lot of people say they need a muscle man... that could work. but what about this... bring in ted dibiase senior, one of the best heels of all time to manage them... he doesnt have to wrestle like flair did in evolution but they could do an angle where we see ted jr and cody rhodes evolve into there own characters and randy orton evolve into a more dominant main eventer through his advice...

I think the main change of direction i would do to the whole organization is end the personal feuds. The reason Edge works so well as a character, is because he is obsessed with being the champion, he does whatever it takes to be champion, more often than not, personal feelings aside. Having title shots based on who hates the champ the most based on actions that effected the contenders personal life is boring. Leave the extensive personal storylines for non-title matches, because really, if the World title (there should only be one, but thats a different story thats been beaten to death already) means so much, simply having the opportunity to win should be enough. This should be for all titles as well, there was once a time where winning the IC title could mean just as much to a wrestler as winning the World, now its just an accessory for a match.

The second change I would make is to force all talen to pay their dues and work their way up the ladder (tag-champ/euro ---> IC ---> World). This not only allows the superstar to build their ring/mic skills slowly and with less scrutiny, it allows you to weed out the ones who will bolt with the instant push (lesnar).

Lastly, I would have mandatory tape sessions with all the wrestlers much like is done in pro sports. Each wrestler should be forced to watch classic technical matches which were able to tell a story, and not be a clusterf**^ of highspots and trademark moves.

Lots of things I would do.

First of all, the Rosters would be merged back together. The titles would be as follows:

WWE Championship
Intercontinental Championship
Tag Team Championship
Hardcore Championship
Television Championship
Cruiserweight Championship
Women's Championship

The WWE title would be the unified version of the current WWE, World Heavyweight and ECW titles. The new belt would have the same design as the Attitude Era belt with the colour scheme of the Undisputed Title.

The Intercontinental belt would be treated like it was back in the days of Macho Man and Ricky Steamboat were fighting for the belt. It would be seen as just under the WWE title, possibly even be the penultimate match of a PPV. I would change the belt design slightly, the centre plate would be bigger and the internal design would be an updated version of the classic I.C. belt from back in the day.

The Television title would be just like the WCW version, defended in time limit matches on TV and PPV's only. I would have the exact same design though as the European belt (sans the flags). The Miz would be my first champion, winning an 16 man tournament and then he would keep the belt by the skin of his teeth with the time limit rule (Jericho did this in WCW I believe).

The Hardcore belt would be a proper Hardcore championship, no 24/7 rule.

The PG rating would be gone, go back to PG13.

ECW would be gone, Raw and Smackdown would go to 2 and a half hours (Smackdown goes live on a Thursday).

Velocity would also return (taped at Smackdown), along with Superstars (taped at Raw, replacement for Sunday Night Heat) there would be plenty of time then for all guys to appear on tv.

Sunday Night Heat would be once a month, in the hour before a PPV.

Saturday Night Main Event would be once a month, the Saturday before a PPV (PPV's need to be built up).

12 PPV's a year, no gimmick ones such as Cyber Sunday for the submission one, just 12 normal PPV events, with a 4 hour time bracket.

King Of The Ring brought back.

Cena would go back to his rap gimmick, dissing people (not turned heel though, just a tweener, the Michael Hayes way).

Santino would keep his Gimmick (not the current face gimmick we have), but slowly over the course of time 'learn to wrestle' (video packages of him learning would be funny).

Tag Team division of Legacy, The Colons, WGTT, Cryme Time & The New Hart Foundation.

Vicki Guerrero and Teddy Long are co-commissioners, a face and a heel balance could work (if not just Vicki on her own).

Without sounding dirty, bring back the 'Diva Gimmick matches' like bra and panties, pudding, oil, whatever. We know they can wrestle and they should still be allowed to, but also having then in bikini's is good.

Raw Commentary - JR and The King
Smackdown - Cole and Heyman
PPV's - Trial with all four (if it doesn't work, Heyman or Cole do go backstage and do interviews).

Whilst I like the HD set for Raw and Smackdown, the ramp should be bigger and higher (see the old raw set). May not seem like much, but I feel the set is a big part of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back