X-Pac Heat

I think the term is wildly overused on the internet. The meaning has morphed into "I don't like this guy, so nobody else does either".

to quote TV tropes

The Trope Namer is Sean "X-Pac" Waltman. He was part of the New World Order and D-Generation X stables in the late 1990s and early 2000s, and was actually a popular performer during this time. Several years and a heel turn later, DX was long since over and X-Pac hadn't evolved his persona in any significant way. Despite not getting pushed or doing much of anything, he was still booked on just about every show, winning a disproportionate amount of matches against opponents who were often more interesting than he was. Fans soon started regarding X-Pac matches as a safe time to take a bathroom break.

Like REALLY good. Would be an industry god if he came along now.

The fucking MIZ has gotten like ten pushes, FFS

^This. His matches in WCW were all good. In his 2nd wwe run anytime it was Xpac vs Owen, D-Lo, Eddie, Jericho or Benoit you were guaranteed to see a good exhibition of wrestling skills.I guess I could see how some humanoid marks would find him boring, "why is this guy doing wrist locks and side head locks and shit in a wrestling ring? I want bullshit soap opera sports entertainment!" :suspic:

The Miz would be lucky to be Duane Gil or Barry Horowitz in the era of Waltman's first WWF run.

Implying Barry Horowitz could be a modern WrestleMania main eventer. Big if true.

Honestly I never really cared one way or another about X-Pac So I don't how that kind of heat got named after him. I remember hearing before X-Pac it used to be called Big Bossman Heat. I never knew people hated Big Bossman that much too. If he was that hated Nailz should have been like the biggest babyface in wrestling. He should have been headlining Wrestlemania for givin' the Bossman an asswhoopin' that put him on the shelf for months even if it was only kayfabe. Granted the rumored in real life asswhoopin' he put on Vince McMahon would probably mean no headlining wrestlemania. I guess now that X-Pac hasn't been in WWE for ages we need somebody new to name X-Pac heat after. I propose The Miz. Why? Because he's The Miz, that doesn't need any further explanation. Just being The Miz is a special kind of heat all it's own.

is Roman heat a thing?

I'd say Roman Heat is a newer concept, a slightly different thing. It's sort of "corporate/booking heat".

X-Pac was very good, pretty charismatic and athletic dude, but the character continued to ride the DX coat-tails looooong after the fact, and I think that's what fans didn't like. Course I was only 11 so I just assumed that he was booed because he was heel. My "smark knowledge" at the time was "some guys are bad and meant to be booed".

to quote TV tropes

Re: The TV Tropes thing, reminder that it is an audience reaction, not a trope. But that is why they have a page on it.

I'd say Roman Heat is a newer concept, a slightly different thing. It's sort of "corporate/booking heat".
It's certainly not a newer thing, they did the exact same thing with John Cena and made money from both sides of the audience. That might have been a happy accident though, with Roman Reigns it's blunt and deliberate.

Considering the best he was ever going to be was mid card guy (and even got to the upper level for a bit there) I thought he was pretty decent. He could put on good matches and could make his opponents look good when need be which is pretty much what his job was to begin with.

One of the most cerebral storylines is how they turned Razor face using the Kid.

Implying Barry Horowitz could be a modern WrestleMania main eventer. Big if true.

That's the problem, Barry could have been just as much of a massive failure as the Miz as a WM headliner, all he needed was the reality tv rub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back