WWF 1999: Who is at fault for the heated relationship between X-Pac and Brian Gewirtz

TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP

Pre-Show Stalwart
X-Pac for being only associated with The Kliq or any other faction that has at least a Kliq member, as well as for being a crystal meth addict for much of the 2000s.

or

Brian Gewirtz for causing X-Pac's negative booking from 2000 onwards to give him Go Away Heat which had been renamed X-Pac Heat so Pac was hated not because he was doing his job as a heel very well, but his unlikeable mannerisms prove his character's just like Killer Instinct's T.J. Combo of the World Wrestling Federation. However, Gewirtz recently left the WWE, used to be their great writer for them, and is said to have joined The Rock in Hollywood as his own personal Hollywood writer.

Take your pick and find out who is to blame for the X-Pac/Brian Gewirtz relationship being sour and subsequently making X-Pac expendable by 2000, and essentially, it was "Y2J" Chris Jericho that replaced X-Pac as the WWF's most popular underdog face, since Jericho's promos about Stephanie were funny, yet X-Pac's mannerisms (at least, to smark fans) were just generally unlikeable, in the ring, and away from the ring.

I would say X-Pac's problems stemmed more from the fact that the WWF gained a wealth of new talent from late 1999 onwards. X-Pac had been doing roughly the same routine for over 2 years. His entrance, look and moveset barely changed and I remember at the time there were suggestions made to him to change things up a bit but he refused.
The influx of fresh talents such as Jericho, The Radicalz, The Dudley Boyz and the developing of the WWF's own acts like The Hardy Boyz, Edge & Christian, Rikishi and Too Cool made X-Pac look like he was standing still. The audience began notice too and so began the "X-Pac sucks" chants, he was stale and everyone knew it. In X-Pac's mind though he was getting "heel heat" not "go away" heat and didn't see the need to change, he was getting the reaction he wanted but really wasn't because all he was soliciting from the audience was apathy. From there injuries and personal issues saw his WWF career come to end. Personally I would blame X-Pac for not moving with the times and not heat with Brian Gertwitz. Also it's important to remember that the late, great Chris Kreski was head of the writing team at the time and all of Gerwitz's decisions went through him.

This question makes no sense. How is it X-Pac's '"fault" for being associated with his friends? He was partners Kane and Road Dogg. He had feuds with Jeff Jarret, D-Lo Brown, etc....He was always going to be associated with Hall and Nash just like those two would be associated with him. I don't understand how is that a "fault".

He would become addicted to meth AFTER his WWE run ended in 2002 and he moved to LA. I guess you could blame him for being an addict and in and out rehab. I don't think you can compare X-Pac to Jericho. Jericho was better on all levels than X-Pac. So was Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero etc.....

X-Pac was right where he belonged.

Yep, I don't know what the hell people expected out of Sean Waltman. When you have guys like Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, and Scott Hall from the same era who never held the WWE World title, and were VASTLY more talented, who the hell expected X-Pac to get anywhere near even Intercontinental title level?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back