WZ Movie Tournament Finals start tomorrow... in a Fatal 4-Way!!

Papa Shango

Frontman of the WZ Band!!
I've been thinking it over, and I've decided that each of the four movies deserve consideration in the finals. I also couldn't decide which decades would go up against each other. So, I'm throwing y'all a curveball and making it a Fatal 4-Way for the WZ Movie Tournament Championship. Discussion will last through the weekend, with the polls opening on Monday and closing on Friday.

We started watching Schindler's List in Religious Studies class today. You could imagine how many grown univeristy students(male & female had tears in their eyes). It's such an epic film, and I hope if anything this tournment will get people to watch it. I'm supporting in all the way! Oh and I like this fatal 4 way concept!

Schindler's List makes the biggest impact if you watch all at once. And if my memory serves me correctly, the movie runs almost three and half hours, so better to watch Schindler's List on your most open evening.

This is going to be Epic. How to get Gladiator over the other three. I can get it over Alien easier, but SL will be a challenge. Empire will be the odd one out, you either like it or not.

I'm a gladiator fan, but it has gone far enough! Still wish Pulp Fiction would have made it :( Beautiful Mind is also another amazing movie that didn't get chosen, Russle Crowe was better in that imo! Schindler's List ftw! But I fear empire may win :(

I once read Spielberg hated his Jewish culture, and used the film as a means to make money because he knew people would become emotional over it. Don't know if it was true or not though.

I once read Spielberg hated his Jewish culture, and used the film as a means to make money because he knew people would become emotional over it. Don't know if it was true or not though.

I don't know where you read that, but it's ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, wherever you got that information, never trust that source ever again.

Correct. He refused a salary. He called it "blood money". He also assumed it would bomb because no one would want to see such a depressing film.

when it comes to this consumer, he was correct.

Shango, i havent been to the movies since I seen Pineapple express. I am feeling lightly tempted to go see the new punisher. what is your evaluation??

Speaking as a comic book fan, and someone that thought the first was just awful, I say go see it. Punisher is nothing short of bad ass. If this is anything like the series it's based on, it'll blow away most films of this year.

when it comes to this consumer, he was correct.

Shango, i havent been to the movies since I seen Pineapple express. I am feeling lightly tempted to go see the new punisher. what is your evaluation??

I haven't heard too much about it yet. If you liked the first one, then I assume it'll be alright. Although this version uses a lot more characters from the comics, so it might be a bit a fanboy flick.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Yes Man. I love Jim Carrey, and this looks to be hilarious, his first truly funny movie since Bruce Almighty.

It being based more on the comics is a good thing. Punisher is just a bad ass. No powers or anything, just brute force.

Yeah, but it's from the Microchip/Armored Van era of the Punisher comics. Not the high spot of the Punisher history.

dont matter if its a fanboy flick. I found the first one to be a tad bit ridiculous personally. the last scene pretty much ruined the whole damn thing. I dunno. im not very motivated about it. I prolly wont. fuuuucckk no good movies have come out, or are coming out anytime soon. I would even consider giving twilight a shot if i was 237% sure it was going to be extremely contrived

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back