The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament Finals

Which movie, according to WZ Forum members, is the greatest movie of all time?

• Alien

• The Empire Strikes Back

• Schindler's List

• Gladiator

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm here, I Googled Greatest Movie Moments & the first thing I got was this:

http://www.filmsite.org/tvguidemoments1.html

I don't know when it was done, or how the list was chose. I suspect the answer will be in some of that writing I ignored. Anyway, the chest bursting scene from Alien is in at 41, ''I am your father'' is nowhere to be seen. The list is shit, but if it's a public vote it'll give a slight clue as to how people might have voted.

If I was making threads I'd totally go with something pertaining to that visual over verbal comment.

Well I refrained from voting this round, because I wanted to see how it went down. Alien, I'm thrilled with this movie winning myself. While I personally would have voted Emprie over Alien, I think Alien needs the pub, good or bad, it will get from this. Empire is a legend on it's own, Alien is a legend, that doesn't get the credit it deserves. It's the movie that launched Ridley Scott into the filmmaking stratosphere, and the Alien chest burster scene is one of the most legit terrifying things ever. I think they said only one or two guys on the cast new what was happening, so the reactions were legit. Alien is a true masterpiece of horror movie making. People want to throw at Saw, the Ring, or any other of these crap "horror" movies as scary. No, they are gorey, Alien is scary. It's a wonderful psychologically thrilling movie.

As for Forrest Gump, I've read several people say it's the best movie, doubtful. I say it's not even the best movie of the year it came out. Pulp Fiction is a much better movie then Forrest Gump. I like Gump, but it's certainly not the greatest movie of all time.

Not only is the chest burster scene scary, but so is the scene with Dallas in that shaft. He looks and no Alien, he looks again and Ahhhh shit, Alien. It's been done time and time again, but Alien did it best. I wouldn't say first, because I doubt you could pinpoint it. But one of the first films to use that technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back