WZ End Of Year Awards: Overexposed Wrestler Of The Year

Who Was The Most Overexposed Wrestler Of 2007?

• John Cena

• Batista

• Christain Cage

• Kurt Angle

• Samoa Joe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me wants to say Cena. The reason people dislike him so much is because of how heavily he's pushed. But at least he can deliver when he has too. I also want to say Batista. Problem is that other than his feud with khali he's been on form this year.

I'll go angle. I know the guy is unmatched when it comes to charisma AND wrestling skills. But Total Non-Stop Angle was only entertaining for two weeks. After that it was too much. It's true what they say, you can have too much of a good thing.

Cena is the obvious choice, but I think the three month injury so far has tempered some of the Cena Hate. Kurt Angle is so fucking good, I could watch him for two hours every week.

I want to go with either Samoa Joe or Batista, but Joe has been pushed to the background thankfully.

It's Batista, hands down. Royal Rumble, No Way Out, WM 23, Backlash, Judgment Day, ONS, Vengeance, Summerslam, Unforgiven, No Mercy, Cyber Sunday, Survivor Series, Armageddon. Every fucking pay per view this man has either been in the main event, or in a title match. It's bullshit, the guy is terrible to watch in the ring and has zero personality, and does the same exact things time and time again in the ring.

I think HHH definetly deserved a nod if he wasnt injured for most of the year. I would say its between Cena or Batista and its a tough choice. Im going to say Cena just because i think if he wasnt so overexposed and so heavily pushed that Cena could be better. He has pretty decent in-ring and mic skills(better than Batista) and this is coming from somebody who really hates Cena. I just feel if he wasnt so overexpose he may be more liked and would be a better asset to wwe. Batista is just a bore who has no potential so it doesnt matter how much he is overexposed it wont hurt him because i believe he doesnt have a chance to be better was as Cena has a chance.

Cena is the easy choice here, when you spend most of the year, as champion and hogging the ME spotlight for the top company in the business, on their A-show, you are definitely being overexposed IMO, I mean they guy was suppose to be the top face and was getting boo'd like no tomorrow, Cena is easily the clear winner in this catagory

*waits for Sly to come in and defend Cena*

As much as Cena's the obvious choice here, for the title reign that lasted over a decade, I'd actually put my focus on Triple H. I mean, there hasn't been a single tv show or PPV (when he's healthy) without him taking up atleast 10-15 mins.

I picked Angle. I'm fine with someone being constantly in the main event spotlight. Hogan did it. Austin did it. HHH did it, and will probably do it again. But I NEVER seen any one man dominate air time quite like Kurt Angle. He held all the titles on the show at once. He was the first TNA Champion. He broke Samoa Joe's unbeaten streak. He got his title back from the legend Sting after two days. He stole Christian's Coalition. Kurt Angle has essentially become a one-man nWo.

This is an easy one, Kurt Angle. While John Cena was shoved down our throats for most of the year, at least WWE didn't slap the IC, US, World, ECW, and tag titles on him and gave him 3 matches at one PPV. Kurt winning the World, X division, and tag titles was just TNA's way of one-upping WWE's top stars(Taker's WM streak, HHH's 11 title reigns, etc.). Every time I wanted to tune in to watch IMPACT, guess who was the first face I would usually see? Thats right, Kurt Angle, excellent wrestler, but he is holding Samoa Joe(along with other TNA originals) down IMO.

Overexposed Wrestler Of The Year

My vote on this one has gone to Batista.

I voted Batista mainly on one thing, the fact that although he has practically no personality, he has been in near enough every PPV's title match/main event, and except for a couple against the Undertaker where he brought his 'A' game, the matches have been nothing special.

I have to agree with the people saying HHH, although he isnt over expossed as he has been the last few years this year he has been pushed like there is no tomorrow, at least half of main events on Raw since he came back have featured him, and he hasnt been in the title picture! He gets wayyy too much mic time which would be better spent getting some ofthe young guys like Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade.

I voted for John cena because they shove him down our throughts at every opportunity they get,he gets injured,yet they still find a way to make us choke on him,he'll be on the cover of our toilet paper soon !

Easily, batista for me. This guy has been in the main event/world title match at EVERY ppv for something absurd, besides for his injury time, every PPV since his WM21 win. True, same may be said for Cena, but at least he has Charisma and can carry a main event when called upon. Batista seemed to not care much about his spot, and seemed to have a sense of entiltement, and did little to preform or improve unless he was in the ring with someone named Undertaker, or Edge.

definetly batista wathcing him is miserable cena is the shit i lik watching him he was overexposed but hes entertaining unlike batista, angle is the shit samoa joe is alrite n christian cage sucks

Well i voted for kurt angle...

I do think that he is one of the best pure wrestlers of all time, but when you have a two hour show you can't spend half of it focased on KURT ANGLE

ill tune into impact and half of it is just angle, and after awhile it just gets dull. TNA should use a little more of its two hours to focus on the rest of its roster

I voted Batista. He doesn't deserve his title reign in my opinion. His matches are dull, unless he has someone like Undertaker or Edge making him look good. I can't see why he has main evented this many PPVs.

John Cena is a close second. The only reason I voted Batista over him is that Cena has put on some entertaining PPV matches (His RAW matches still suck).

Cena by a long shot. Always overcame the odds, always lost in Non-Title matches, but always seemed to win when it mattered. Really happy that he got injured. Possibly come back with a new gimmick. Or go back to the rapper gimmick.

Kurt Angle takes the cake. Ever since appearing in TNA he has had all eyes on him. And now that he's the champion it has given him more exposure. He even has his own 3rd rate faction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back