WWEdiots and TNArds

DirtyJosé

Best angle of all: retirement
Provoked by comments in another thread here in the Bar Room, I've decided to vivisect the non-spam zones. I do sometimes get sick when no-nonsense types like to pretend that spam posters only post in spam zones because somehow they are inferior to non-spam posters. Let's test that some, shall we?

Tonight, one night after Summerslam, we should be seeing some stimulating conversation all over, right? Hardcore Justice wasn't too long ago either. Surely the TNA folk have some great threads and/or posts going up. We'll start with WWE side of things....

THREAD 1: WWE

"As of RIGHT NOW, Alberto Del Rio is the most underrated superstar in the WWE"​

you spent all this time writing this for what? alberto sucks so bad. he is not even good on the mic. i wouldnt even call him a mid carder. he is not even a good wrestler. rey had to carry him through their matches just like tonight rey will have to again. get real pal

Solid non-spam post. Really the cream of the crop that this thread offers.

Of course the man is underrated by the IWC. He got the perfect package yet some people just can't see it. Mic skills, Charisma, Talent, Look, Gimmick.. What else would you want from a wrestler?

I think there are a lot of people hating on him because of him cashing in on Punk. They need to lighten up.. Del Rio is the perfect challenger for a freshly turned face Punk.

I mean just think about it Survivor Series is the next Pay Per View if I'm not mistaken. And if The Rock's gonna be there they should heat things up between The Rock and John Cena. So instead of giving Cena a Pay Per View match just put him in a segment with The Rock. Meanwhile have Punk feud with Del Rio for the title. Doesn't sound do bad now does it?

Wait, is Survivor Series the next PPV? I'm so confused. I love how he gives such perfectly logical reasoning, just like the first one. Really, these non-spam guys really know how to stand out.

I think he's overrated, and I don't give a shit how "over" he happens to be.

"Overrated" means people think he's better than he is. Do I believe most fans believe he's better than he actually is? Yes, I do. Every promo he throws out reminds me of the last. In my eyes, that's boring.

Should they stop pushing him? No. If they're pushing him, they obviously know something I do not (merchandise sales, that kind of thing). If there's good reason for him to stay on top, that's where he'll stay. If this is just a trial run, which I hope it is, who knows what's going to happen tomorrow. Anyone remember Jack Swagger?? ;)

Ah, here we go, a veteran. And one I've done battle with in the past. But his post is pitch perfect for what I'm going at here. How exactly are we to really hammer out what "over rated" and "under rated" really are? Nick here is talking about Del Rio being repetitive and being pushed for reasons other than his in-ring performance...and he's an Orton fan if I remember correctly. Does his post actually shed any light on the topic? No, sadly, it's as bland as most of the others in the thread, it's just got better style. But it's not really his fault. This is fucking wrestling and we are picky fucking fans; anyone we as individuals aren't really crazy about who get good reactions and pushes are going to be seen as "over rated", and likewise anyone we as individuals like who aren't getting what we think are enough praises or worthy pushes are going to seem "under rated".

THREAD 2: TNA

"Angle is a Heel, But Can He Be The Top Heel?"​

So angle is a heel now.

As I seen it, since Jeff Hardy left TNA cannot find any heel that could take his place as the top heel in the company. They tried with Bully Ray, but he just doesn't seem to be relevant in the world title scene. They tried with Anderson, but apparently it didn't work very well. So now its time for Angle.

Do you think that Angle can be the top heel for TNA? Or maybe someone else should play this role?

Reminds me of every person I've ever known who actually uses "seen" this way. Just wow. And this is how the thread opens.

Of course he can play the top heel. This is Kurt Angle you are talking about, not some generic body builder who just so happens to be employed by a professional wrestling company. He's done it time and again already, and he'll do it one more time as World Heavyweight Champion again.

Best yet, there's none better than Kurt Angle these days (with respect to Chris Jericho) at being the type of veteran who will willingly put over young talent. As the top heel in the company, he's going to be the guy who helps get guys like Crimson over the hump.

All style, no substance. I mean, it's not like he's wrong or anything like that; it's that he offers nothing to the discussion. And isn't that what you all value so much? And this is a guy who rose through the ranks, like Nick. Is this what is most important around here? Is this what counts as "standing out"? This is the lone section mod posting here, and it's little more than "Angle, Angle, he's my man!". No actual discussion of Angle's history of putting people over or examples of his capabilities as a top heel. Just a blanket statement that Angle is his homeboy and that he also somewhat digs this Crimson chap. Actually, now that I think about it, who did Angle put over as a leader of the MEM anyway? Damnit, I'm getting side tracked.

Hey there,this is Frankyh,glad to join this forum and glad to meet you here Tera Gold

Oh, non-spam. You really are the home of the best of the best, aren't you?

It feels like Angle is pretty much the only wrestler who isn't overrated these days. Cena's overrated, Orton's overrated. If Angle is overrated then so is Punk. They're so alike. They both have cool signature moves, they both have a nice submission and all of their matches are your typical near fall, finisher kick out contest.

Here we go with "overrated/underrated" again. It's in the eye of the beholder, buddy, and you will probably never understand that. It's ok, though, it's not just you. I simply love how engaging and profound this post is, simply life changing I tell you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Feel free to add in some choice bits from those exciting non-spam threads. What is it that we spammers are missing?

Also of note: Nick is a spam-zone regular, so what does that say? IDR posts some spam I believe, but it doesn't really count since it's mostly just ogling generic looking bitches of the week which tickle his entirely pedestrian tastes.

Ok, that might have been a little harsh...

Am I cherry picking a bit with these? Sure, but that's no different than most of you non-spammers do with your responses (I know; I've debated some of you).

Am I totally, as some might say, taking the piss? Maybe a tad. This is a spam zone, don'chaknow?

Am I done yet? Aw hell no! Expect more Dirty in this ass soon enough.

To be fair, both those threads are waste of spaces as well. The only way in which someone can contribute to those thread is by stating the obvious, which is what IDR has done. Nick has just stated his opinion which is also OK because the thread kind of asks for that.

But yeah, overall style matters. Look at me. People think I became a decent poster overnight just because I started posting with punctuation!

I gotta say I feel DirtyJose on this, which is why it feels most of the time like it's not worth it to post in the non-spam sections. Ironically, the spam areas are clearer and have less shit in them.

Oh gosh, FunKay, that last one is a travesty. I would post in it, but no one would listen anyway. And I'd waste about 15 minutes typing that up too.

Little Jerry Lawler's first post in there says everything that I would have said, but more accurately.

This is pretty bad: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=181741

The threads arent the problem, its the posters who post in it, with the exeption of Big Nick Dudley and IDR the majority of new posters end up overstating viewpoints that could be summed up in one word sentences.

Zion and Dizzy are two of the worst ive seen because they make up stuff in terms in an attempting to make them sound factual, an example of this is Zions inane comment on the X division stating that Russo created the damn thing without providing any proof on the matter, and when anyone attempts a rebuttle he starts calling you a 10%er or a member of the IWC which apparently he is not apart of even though he is posting in a goddamn wrestling forum!:banghead:

I will call Big Nick and IDR an exeption to this arguement because when they're bothered they actually do make a sensible arguement.

Big Nick Dudley said:
I think he's overrated, and I don't give a shit how "over" he happens to be.

"Overrated" means people think he's better than he is. Do I believe most fans believe he's better than he actually is? Yes, I do. Every promo he throws out reminds me of the last. In my eyes, that's boring.

Should they stop pushing him? No. If they're pushing him, they obviously know something I do not (merchandise sales, that kind of thing). If there's good reason for him to stay on top, that's where he'll stay. If this is just a trial run, which I hope it is, who knows what's going to happen tomorrow. Anyone remember Jack Swagger??

DirtyJosé;3347850 said:
Ah, here we go, a veteran. And one I've done battle with in the past. But his post is pitch perfect for what I'm going at here. How exactly are we to really hammer out what "over rated" and "under rated" really are? Nick here is talking about Del Rio being repetitive and being pushed for reasons other than his in-ring performance...and he's an Orton fan if I remember correctly. Does his post actually shed any light on the topic? No, sadly, it's as bland as most of the others in the thread, it's just got better style. But it's not really his fault. This is fucking wrestling and we are picky fucking fans; anyone we as individuals aren't really crazy about who get good reactions and pushes are going to be seen as "over rated", and likewise anyone we as individuals like who aren't getting what we think are enough praises or worthy pushes are going to seem "under rated".

I haven't a fucking clue what your problem is. Were you drunk when you did this? All of a sudden calling someone overrated, on a fucking wrestling forum, isn't allowed? Did someone drop you on your brain last night?

No, just pointing out that calling one "over/underrated" is rather subjective. Still allowed, for sure. I mean, you're the mod, not me. It's part of discussion, part of sharing ideas and shit and I get that. I just fail to see how some may claim non-spam is totally where it's at for quality and shit when really it's just fluff. You think Del Rio is overrated, and that's entirely valid. Someone else comes in and thinks he isn't, and usually some sort of debate and/or flamefest takes place over it. How is that not like most Bar Room threads? The point wasn't a knock at you amigo, but more to knock the idea of non-spam being more important or prestigious when in actuality it's rather bland and redundant with it's discussions.

DirtyJosé;3347850 said:

DirtyJosé;3348272 said:
No, just pointing out that calling one "over/underrated" is rather subjective. Still allowed, for sure. I mean, you're the mod, not me. It's part of discussion, part of sharing ideas and shit and I get that. I just fail to see how some may claim non-spam is totally where it's at for quality and shit when really it's just fluff. You think Del Rio is overrated, and that's entirely valid. Someone else comes in and thinks he isn't, and usually some sort of debate and/or flamefest takes place over it. How is that not like most Bar Room threads? The point wasn't a knock at you amigo, but more to knock the idea of non-spam being more important or prestigious when in actuality it's rather bland and redundant with it's discussions.

Oh, seemed a bit provocative to me. Anyway, I'm still confused as to what your overall issue is... non-spam sucks? Is that what this is about? 99% of non-spam posters are morons... this is new?

Mainly that snooty folk shouldn't make comments about how spam zone regulars are spam zone regulars simply because they can't "cut the mustard" in the non-spam zones. It's a sentiment that comes up from time to time.

Also, I kinda wanted a thread where people could post stupid non-spam threads for ridicule without digging up that old "Stupid Thread Police" thing.

I agree, to an extent. However, what's more ridiculous - logging into a Wrestling Forum to, A. call Alberto Del Rio overrated, or B. make fun of someone you don't know. I love the spam areas, and have no issue with someone logging in to do whatever they want. However, we shouldn't act like big things are happening in here. Nothing happens in here.

Fuck that, some of the best conversations come from the spam side of things. Sure, non-spam has stricter rules, but you can hammer out a great post ANYWHERE.

Dirty, you're the man.

Most guys usually join up because of the non spam sections and begin posting there first. There are a lot of new guys in that section and it might even be the first forum for some of them. By the time these guys come over to the Bar Room, they are usually more acquainted to how this forum works, what is appreciated and how this forum works. Some of these guys like the Bar Room so much that they end up only posting in it. That is why the Bar Room consists of guys who are generally better than most non spam guys. The best non spam guys can easily match it up with most bar room guys.

Fuck that, some of the best conversations come from the spam side of things. Sure, non-spam has stricter rules, but you can hammer out a great post ANYWHERE.

Fuck what? Who said you can't have great discussion in the spam zones? I surely didn't, so I don't know what you're all fuck that! about. However, don't bash the non-spam sections for being what they are. If they weren't here, this fucking area wouldn't exist.

I agree, to an extent. However, what's more ridiculous - logging into a Wrestling Forum to, A. call Alberto Del Rio overrated, or B. make fun of someone you don't know. I love the spam areas, and have no issue with someone logging in to do whatever they want. However, we shouldn't act like big things are happening in here. Nothing happens in here.

Sad I think this calls for a revival

Fuck what? Who said you can't have great discussion in the spam zones? I surely didn't, so I don't know what you're all fuck that! about. However, don't bash the non-spam sections for being what they are. If they weren't here, this fucking area wouldn't exist.

You said that "nothing happens" in here, so I said "fuck that."

As for me "bashing" the non-spam areas, I did no such thing. All I brought up was how much good goes on in here. Fuck, if I hated the non-spam areas, I wouldn't have 1,006 posts. I enjoy posting non-spam, I just dislike when people discredit spam zones completely. There might be LOADS of shit threads in here, but there are some good ones too.

That's all I was saying, Nick. It wasn't a shot at you, not even close.

It's all about equality, brother.

Dirty, you're the man.

Non-spam has rules that keep things from getting out of control, but yes...great posts can come from anywhere. And that's the point. This isn't about Spam folk being BETTER than Non-Spam folk, it's about how we're all on the same level.

I think he's all "fuck that" about "NOTHING happens here". Also, none of this would be here if men didn't roll around in their underwear on a weekly basis. And we manage to make fun of those guys pretty often.

I'd buy that for a dollar, Nick.

Anyway, here's some more.

THREAD 3: WWE

"Does EVERY RAW have to end with Cena?"​

Ok I was a little fed up tonight. I'll give Cena props. He did a good promo but was that whole Summer of Punk thing the headline all this summer JUST because it involved Cena? I know people who will respond to this will use the top draw argument but this is getting a little bit silly.

They couldn't have had the match a little earlier and then have the Cena run in and THEN Nash tries to explain himself with Punk coming out to have that EPIC war of words? I mean that was freaking amazing. Imagien the cliffhanger for next week if RAW ended that way tonight with Punk having to leave and then the stare down on the titantron and in the ring?

But noooooo! Gotta get Cena! Can't trust Punk! Even though he's over as can be. I'm excited for this storyline. I want to see what they will come up with next week. Punk once again showed his overness tonight with all those chants and so many Punk t-shirts again in the crowd.

Maybe I'm just getting myself worked up but seriously why couldn't this have been the next to last segment? Are you seriously telling me Cena/Del Rio is more important than Punk JUST BECAUSE it has Cena in it? Was this the main focus of the WWE JUST because of Cena? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?

I feared it would be the more of the same stuff. With ALL that happened last night, with so many questions, you end the show with Cena/Del Rio.

Nice, WWE.

Never mind the WWE Title. This guy is running this thread. He's going to go places, I tell ya'. Nothing like reading the same responses for over 7 pages.

ok this ? is easy
Time & time again. Cena is the biggest thing.
As said Punk had his time and Cena finished it off. He is in the storyline as well.
Cena haters need to be more patient. So quick to get their blood pressure all up make a thread say dont spam. & to boot only have 3 sentences. Who you gonna hate when he is gone?

Themselves, I suppose. Or you. Yeah, let's go with you.

honestly i want cena 2 just leave he cant wrestle worth shit and i think ur right the punk/nash thing was great and would have been a awesome closer and i think it would have been the last thing on the card if the WWE title match wasent there and honest i would have rather seen del rio break reys arm then have cena do something who else thinks cena was better when he was a heel rapper? :confused:

OMGCZENASHOULDBEHEELHEWASMUCHBETTERTHATWAYOMGIHATEHIMNAUHEALWAYSWINSONLYKIDSANDGIRLSLIEKHIMNOTEVERREALMENLIKECZENAFIVEMOVESONLLYEXCEPTFORTHOSEOTHERONESHEDOES

THREAD 4: TNA

"Hogans Goin' Micro"​

no please not another hogan crap in impact
just leave us hogan

Wonderful non-spam post. My head is spinning.

No posters hulk not throwing a midget division in with tna he making a new show all together ths micro wrestling has nothing to do with tna so they want be taking away from aj kurt angle etc. I dont think it will work because no affence but little people wrestling is more commical than being takn serious as a ligit thing

WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?!

I can't wait until the day I see a midget stable led by Puppet The Psycho Dwarf.

Riveting shit, Zeven. Oh wait, this isn't a spam thread? Oh. Oh my.

what about a weekly challenge like "who can beat up the most midgets"? every minute another comes out until you can't handle them anymore.

Iunno, just some sort of "freak show" spectacle to get people to stop and say "wow that's different". It wouldn't work in WWE because they're publicly traded and try to be more fan friendly, but TNA is more of a crude, attitude era-esque show it seems. Spike seems like a network that wouldn't mind either.

Words cannot describe. I don't know whether I want to laugh or puke...maybe I'll do both at the same time.

I have all but given up posting non-spam when the last two general wrestling threads got all of 10 posts between them. That really annoyed me.

I suppose it doesnt help that I've kinda fallen out of love with wrestling and havent watched a great deal recently.

Not worth the time, Dirty One. I agree with everything that you say. But after a while, having to notch your gun against every young whippersnapper who wants to prove a point or make a name for himself while turning a blind eye to your perfectly reasonable point grows tiring.

Note: The tone of this post may be influenced by the fact that I just finished watching The Gunfighter.

He got the perfect package yet some people just can't see it.
I blame the PG era. In the Attitude Era, Del Rio's package would certainly be a bigger deal. I can already hear the jokes about the Spaniard having a "taco."

A few other points I'd like to address. Specifically in Nick's general direction.

-Dirty was knocking the perception some people have about the non-spam sections, not their existence itself. Yes, this area couldn't exist without the non-spam sections. But that's not the issue. The issue is the perception which exists about them.

-No, the non-spam sections sucking isn't news. But every once in a while, some people need a reminder of it. If you don't care, kindly fuck off. Despite being quoted in the main post, this certainly wasn't addressed towards you. Maybe in a few years when you grow up, you won't feel so victimized every time someone has something derogatory to say about the non-spam sections. If you like spending time up there, do so. But don't get a bug up your ass because we know what the score is.

-The idea that "nothing" happens down here is absurd. Bigger things certainly happen down here than up there where 95% of anything that happens gets lost in the shuffle. If you want actual discussion, this is the place to come. There's certainly plenty of value to that if this is still a DISCUSSION forum and not a "dryly state my opinion and move on so it's out there and I feel important" forum. Relationships happen down here, and there's value to that. I certainly care more about discussing wrestling going-ons with JGlass, or X, or Sam, or whoever the fuck else I have a rapport with down here than whatever faceless, illiterate motherfuckers would step up to me in the north.

No, the non-spam sections sucking isn't news. But everyone once in a while, some people need a reminder of it. If you don't care, kindly fuck off. Despite being quoted in the main post, this certainly wasn't addressed towards you. Maybe in a few years when you grow up, you won't feel so victimized every time someone has something derogatory to say about the non-spam sections. If you like spending time up there, do so. But don't get a bug up your ass because we know what the score is.

-He used one of my posts to make his point, so I gave my opinion. If you can't deal with that, fuck off.

-Who felt victimized? I responded. Oh, and you telling someone to grow up is fucking laughable.

The idea that "nothing" happens down here is absurd. Bigger things certainly happen down here than up there where 95% of anything that happens gets lost in the shuffle.

The difference in traffic says you're wrong.

If you want actual discussion, this is the place to come. There's certainly plenty of value to that if this is still a DISCUSSION forum and not a "dryly state my opinion and move on so it's out there and I feel important" forum. Relationships happen down here, and there's value to that. I certainly care more about discussing wrestling going-ons with JGlass, or X, or Sam, or whoever the fuck else I have a rapport with down here than whatever faceless, illiterate motherfuckers would step up to me in the north.

I didn't say I didn't enjoy discussion in the spam sections, seeing this is where I spend the majority of my time.

Reactions: TSG
-He used one of my posts to make his point, so I gave my opinion. If you can't deal with that, fuck off.
Your opinion was comprised mostly of butthurt nonsense that missed the point. We kind of like actual contributions down here.

Oh, and you telling someone to grow up is fucking laughable.
You're the one who calls me a troll every time I say something honest and goes on rampages for days on end because he's having a hard time giving up smoking. :shrug:

The difference in traffic says you're wrong.
Like I give a fuck. I'm here for quality of discussion. Save your bullshit arguments about "drawing" for when you're defending John Cena. ;)

I didn't say I didn't enjoy discussion in the spam sections, seeing this is where I spend the majority of my time.
And yet you still feel nothing more goes on down here than up there. Well, aren't you just a dullard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back