WWE Vengeance 2011 - World Heavyweight Championship - Mark Henry (c) vs. The Big Show

20111010_vengeance_mhenrybigshow.jpg

MARK HENRY VERSUS THE BIG SHOW

WWE.com said:
The World’s Strongest Man versus The World’s Largest Athlete for the World Heavyweight Championship. Do we have your attention now?

After Mark Henry rendered Big Show unable to compete for four months by crushing his leg in a steel chair, the 7-foot, 485-pound goliath returned on SmackDown and demanded a match with the now-World Heavyweight Champion. When Henry denied Big Show’s demand, The World’s Largest Athlete charged to the ring like a furious beast and brutalized Henry with punishingly painful punches. Even a sea of WWE security personnel could not stop the onslaught.

After powering his way through bodies in the ring, Show viciously speared Henry, and then brutalized all of security personnel. When the World Heavyweight Champion tried to walk away with his title, The World’s Largest Athlete chased him down. At first, it looked as if Henry was going to win the battle of the behemoths when he smashed Show into the ringside barrier, but The World’s Largest Athlete battled back and chokeslammed the 400-plus-pound World’s Strongest Champion through the announce table.

With Henry incapacitated, Big Show was prepared to inflict the exact same injury that Henry used to put him out of commission. With the champion’s massive leg trapped in a steel chair, Show was ready to crush him from the steel ring steps. However, Henry was spared when GM Teddy Long emerged to stop the raging giant by agreeing to give him what he wanted: a World Championship Match – as long as he did not injure Henry. Show agreed to Long’s offer and now, the titans will clash on pay-per-view.

This has in fact been announced on WWE.com, even though Smackdown left it kind of ambiguous. Therefore: thread for discussion. Keep it all in here folks, and happy predicting!

The World Heavyweight Championship match for Vengeance! Firstly, I'm determined to put a stop to this nonsense of leaving the "The" off "The Big Show". It sounds grander this way.

Now, the feud and build surrounding the match. Personally I feel this is a good way to bring The Big Show back into the fold - give him a quick top spot, resolve the angle, then get him out of the way (Daniel Bryan needs building up if he's gonna cash in, and to be frank I think he could really do with going up against Henry).

As for the match itself: I'm sure there will be plenty of detractors. These guys are both quite old now, and the match will be pretty slow, I'm sure. That doesn't mean it can't be good, but I think it would be better for this to be quite short and have del Rio and Cena pick up the Main-Event slack. However Show and Henry's previous PPV match pleasantly surprised me and held my attention. Here's hoping for more of that solid form.

THE PREDICTION
I'm calling it now: Mark Henry retains. Simply because this makes more sense in my head. Keep the belt on him, and keep this feud relatively short. There are other guys that need to get over. As I already mentioned I think Daniel Bryan needs a serious look-in, the guy's been nowhere and really needs to be built up NOW.

All in all, a match that we shouldn't take too much to heart. This is gonna be another relatively small PPV on the way to Survivor Series. That's when we need an especially awesome WHC match.

this is a throw away title defense for henry, there no one else right now for him to fued with so they throw big show in there to give the writers a few more weeks to see who they can put in there. then its survivor series so they could easly just have henry ina tag mach so they dont need to worry about finding someone new to fight. however rumors have it that taker could return and henry could fight taker and retain make him really seem unstoppable and put a big name on his title defense list, and then sooner then later it will be kane return and Henry retaining against him which leads to what there saying how sheamus will be the one who takes the title from him some where close to WM28

This is a one-off feud. Show gets his rematch and enters the Hall of Pain again.

I think the bigger question is where Henry goes from here if/when he retains, assuming Sheamus will be drawn into the HHH/Johnny Ace feud. As someone mentioned, maybe the Undertaker returns for his final few months in action? Does Bryan finally step up? Should be interesting.

I see Mark Henry retaining then dominating until the Elimination Chamber next year.... Then BAM mystery opponent #6 in the chamber enters as hell raises.. You guessed it Kane enters with flames blurring up... but with a mask.. Henry's face would be priceless.

This would be a final reign for Kane as I/we see him retiring sooner or later and just a reward for being a veteran in the business much like Mr. 15 years Mark Henry

I see Kane coming back and snatch the championship away from Mark Henry, I loved the altercation between Show and Henry last Friday but sfterall I think Henry will still get the win. Maybe until Survivor Series or Elimination chamber Kane will come back (not optimistic with the mask) and takes the title

Henry retains. They are building him to be a top monster heel and he hasnt held the title long enough for that. Especially not to the Big Show who hasnt been in the title picture for years. If they were gonna put the belt on Big Show they wouldve been building him up more like they did with Henry

I like the Big Show but this match has stinkfest written all over it. Who could beat the Show cleanly if they gave him the strap? I agree, they will probably bring back Taker to beat Henry later on, possibly setting up Orton vs Undertaker at WM....Why not?

Mark Henry isnt gonna drop the title to Taker or Big Show.

That would ruin this whole push he has gotten. He will put over a wrestler. Maybe Sheamus.

It should work out pretty good, Henry gets his title run and is shown as a monster heel then he's gonna put over some young talent. If he just drops the title to Orton again, it was all in vein.

There match at Money in the Bank wasn't too bad.. the crowd being hot probably made it more entertaining.

As long as they go at it physically like this feud needs it to be... then this should be a good World Title Match. But this match needs to be very physical and as Booker T would say, it needs to be a "FIGHT". I don't want to see them engage in a wrestling match and trying to exchange holds or wear each other down with sleeper holds.

Mark Henry should get the win here... WWE has been pretty stupid lately, but I don't think they'll be so stupid as to let Big Show win the World Title already.

IWC says "this match will suck because it's between 2 big men who wrestle like big men should and don't do a lot of bumping and moving around"

Reality is that these guys are a couple of pros and this will be a fun slugfest that will hopefully produce some bumps these guys don't normally take. Neither really ever takes a suplex (and they shouldn't, doesn't make sense) so if one suplexes the other, it'll be cool and a big deal. That sort of shit. Gonna be fun.

I see Show losing. I'm almost positive that Henry's reign is to build up Shemaus. he never really beat him, Sheamus is pretty hot as a babyface right now and got the rub from being with Punk, Cena, and HHH on Raw. This match is just to prolong Henry's title reign so when Sheamus finally beats him, it's a big deal.

How it ends may be a little different. With Henry almost playing the bully who's really a chickenshit when you challenge him (running from Orton, not wanting to face Show, etc), I can maybe see Show dominating Henry afterwards or even getting himself DQed. Eventually, as in, weeks after, Henry will not only be monstrous, but also mean. He'll sneak up on people who stand up to him and the hurt him instead of just punishing them face to face. Makes him even more dangerous, and makes Sheamus look even better.

That's how I see it, and since that's what I see, odds are that's not what will happen since the WWE is smarter than me and knows what they're doing.

I see Show losing. I'm almost positive that Henry's reign is to build up Shemaus. he never really beat him, Sheamus is pretty hot as a babyface right now and got the rub from being with Punk, Cena, and HHH on Raw. This match is just to prolong Henry's title reign so when Sheamus finally beats him, it's a big deal.

I totally agree. I see Mark Henry holding onto the title until "hopefully" Wrestlemania. Sheamus and Mark Henry at WM28 would be grand.

I love all the Sheamus talk of him being the one to snap Mark Henry's dominant reign as World Heavyweight Champion; that would work out great. As far as Big Show goes, this isn't his time. I think a World Title run isn't out of the question for Big Show, just not while someone like Henry is stomping around. Over the last few weeks, Big Show's certainly shown he has the upper hand on Henry. Henry's momentum is all being handed to Show to make us believe Henry will be defeated somehow. Henry isn't going anywhere. His reign at the top is far more impressive then anything Big Show has done and that's not necessarily a bad thing. This title match should be interesting. A lot of power moves will no doubt be involved here and there's nothing wrong with that. Mark Henry wins though.

Hamler's Prediction - Mark Henry will retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

I totally agree. I see Mark Henry holding onto the title until "hopefully" Wrestlemania. Sheamus and Mark Henry at WM28 would be grand.
I donno about mania. That's a long time to try to keep this stuff with Henry going. You can't just have him destroy people for 5 months. They've already evolved Henry a little from just the mean bully to "the mean bully who is a pussy if you just fight back". Henry is fantastic at his job, but you can't leave the steak on the grill too long if you know what I mean.

I think the december PPV, whatever the fuck that is, I don't even know anymore. Or maybe the Rumble.

I actually look forward to this match. I hated their match at MITB, but the build for this match has been the best probably out of the card that Vengeance is bringing to the table. Henry has been on an absolute tear since moving to SD and he has become all sorts of credible and has won the majority of fans over. He is a believable champion and defeating Big Show will only further his run as champ as a credible one. Henry's defenses have been against Orton and one against Christian. Big Show has been hot since coming back and he is just going apeshit. This match won't be a finesse match, but it will be a powerhouse match that should be brutal. In the end I'm going with Henry, it isn't the right time for him to drop the belt nor is it the right time for a Big Show title run.

Henry will win. Both guys can do a couple of nice power spots against each other. But if this match goes over 7-8 minutes it will turn into a disaster.

If they go with the rumored scramble match at SS. Thats where I can see Sheamus winning it. They needed a 2nd big babyface on SD with Orton. Sheamus has turned into that guy. On Raw they got Cena and Punk. And now on SD they have Orton and Sheamus. It makes sense to put the belt on Sheamus soon.

I donno about mania. That's a long time to try to keep this stuff with Henry going. You can't just have him destroy people for 5 months. They've already evolved Henry a little from just the mean bully to "the mean bully who is a pussy if you just fight back". Henry is fantastic at his job, but you can't leave the steak on the grill too long if you know what I mean.

Good point. I do see him holding onto the belt until the next PPV after Survivor Series.

That's a good couple of months to hold onto the belt and establish yourself, and having put over someone, maybe Daniel Bryan or Shaemus. I doubt it though. I do know this match will be decent, because both have been in the wrestling business a long time, and will put on a good show.

If ever there were a legit world heavyweight title match, this would be it. We have two huge guys going after the world title. Probably the match I look forward to the least on this card though. I don't expect anything awesome out of it unless Big Show wins, that would be cool. It's my opportunity to go microwave my Hot pocket if I don't do that during the divas match. Guess it depends on which match goes on first out of the two.

I am going to give The Big Show my predicted win here for two reasons. The first is because they rarely have two heel world champions at the same time for this long. That means either Cena or Big Show will leave the show a champion. The second reason is that he deserves another title run after the work he has put in over the years. We have seen Kane and now Mark Henry get world title runs after jobbing to the stars for years, so why not Big Show?

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Big Show will win the World Heavyweight Championship.

I not looking forward to this battle.Slow, boring pace.I think Show will lose to Henry, as I think he will keep it till the Rumble.Kane will intefere I imagine maybe to get his revenge after what Henry did to him as well.

Mark Henry will win this one in a convincing fashion. It goes perfectly with his "Hall of Pain" gimmick to completely destroy a 7 foot tall 500 pound monster. Big Show is way past holding the world title especially when there is a good thing going right now with Henry.

Only a .00000000001% chance that Henry loses. Mark Henry is on way too big of a roll and has been way too impressive to lose to someone like the Big Show. That isn't a knock on Big Show at all but he just came back and giving him the title serves absolutely no purpose. Henry wins and wins clean after a competitive match up. This is the easiest match to predict on the card.

I highly doubt Show goes over here. Henry has been on a fucking roll as of late and for him to drop the title now would be a shame, in my opinion. No, I don't know if I would go so far as to say I see him holding the belt until Wrestlemania but the very earliest I see him dropping the belt is at the Royal Rumble. I feel like it would be anti-climatic to have Show end Henry's dominating rampage. I'd rather have someone else like Daniel Bryan or more preferably Sheamus be the one to take the title.

I really don't think Big Show will win here. All of a sudden the first guy to come back around at Mark Henry stops him just like that? Don't see it happening. What I do see happening though is Henry retaining but then we see the return of Kane after the match.

What if Show KOs Henry on the floor? They put over Show's punch, if he KOs Henry on the floor, he won't be able to lift him back into the ring. Although with the LMS later, you may not want to do that.

Or you could have a Kane return. Maybe for fun have a fatal fourway at survivor series, Kane/Show/Henry/Khali. You guys would mostly hate it but I think it'd be fun to see 4 huge fucks throw each other around.

You don't want Henry to beat show too convincingly, but you don't want Henry to lose. Interested in how they book this.

Yeah, I don't think Show has a chance here. It would be a nice story, if Show defeats the man, who put on him the shelf for the World Heavyweight Championship, but I just can't see it happening. Mark Henry is having an outstanding reign as the World Heavyweight Championship so far, and WWE spent so much time building Henry as the dominant monster heel, so I believe he will have a pretty lengthy run with the gold.

As far as the match goes, this could be a solid encounter between both men. I enjoyed their match at MITB, and Show will want some revenge here, so this match should be more intense.

Hate the way this has been built. Unstoppable, legit frightening Mark Henry is about ten times as effective as vulnerable Mark Henry.

This should be...Uh, not the funnest match to watch. I predict Henry being in deep trouble, but not succumbing in the end. Hopefully he doesnt turn to cowardice cheating, which is just the type of dipshit ball cutting booking WWE seems to be fond of so often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back