WWE TLC 2011 - Mark Henry (c) vs Big Show - World Heavywt Championship - Chairs Match

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
20111129_tlc_mhenry_bigshow.jpg

WWE.com said:
At WWE TLC, World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry will once again lock horns with Big Show in a World Title slug fest of gigantic proportions.

The fuse for the colossal competitors' explosive showdown was lit at WWE Money in the Bank, when Henry sent The World's Largest Athlete to his infamous Hall of Pain – trapping his giant adversary's leg inside a chair before dropping down onto it from the ropes. (PHOTOS)

A rage-filled Big Show returned from injury with retribution on his mind, igniting a World Heavyweight Title battle between the two goliath Superstars at Vengeance that literally could not be contained. When Henry suplexed Big Show off the top rope, the shock waves made the ring collapse beneath them. Though the earth-shattering impact made history, the WWE Universe was denied a clear victor in the mega clash of the titans. (WATCH | PHOTOS)

Their brutal rematch at Survivor Series would prove just as intense and just as inconclusive. Though the ring was reinforced, the bitter collision between the two larger-than-life grapplers could not be so easily controlled. After Henry got himself intentionally disqualified and failed to once again induct his giant foe into the Hall of Pain – The World’s Largest Athlete turned the tables – injuring Henry to such an extent that the World Heavyweight Champion would not walk out of the arena. (PHOTOS)

Despite his injury, Henry overcame Mr. Money in the Bank Daniel Bryan in a Steel Cage Match on a special live edition of SmackDown – clearing the road for the monumental third act of this World Title trilogy of pain between Henry and his humongous No. 1 contender.

This looks like the rubber match between these two and I think we all saw it coming. However, it's quite strange how Daniel Bryan was mixed into things in the middle of it all, but I digress.

Hopefully, they put a stipulation on this match during Smackdown. This feud seems to be taking on a whole new form of brutality, since each man wants to "injure" the other one. So why not toss some chairs into the mix? It might even make more sense to make this a tables match, since both men like to toss the other around using superplexes and stuff.

Either way, I think these men already accomplished everything they could in order to make their matches interesting the last two times they faced off. In my eyes, a stipulation is the only way to keep this match fresh and interesting.

Discuss the match in here. (NO SPAMMING!!)

Ehh.... thats all i got to say really.

Mark will pick up the win, because his run isn't over just yet.

I see it being a Tables WHC. Match. Mark Henry will superplex big show through a Table to win, but the ring won't break this time. Then I see Kane returning, choke slamming Mark Henry through a Table. Then, possibly Daniel Bryan may come in and cash in his MITB briefcase and win the WHC. That is the way I see it going down.

This being at the TLC PPV is going to be a chairs match undoubtedly.

I think like the other 2 encounters between these 2 it will be a great match with plenty of pacing and storytelling to go into it. Henry's leg brings up the possibility of creative in ring psychology coming into play. The chair stipulation is much more likely for WWE to opt as oppose to a tables match since chairs have a history not only in this feud, but Henry's character since he turned heel.
As far as who wins this match I believe that while Show deserves another title run, it is pretty easy to say that the heel Mark Henry will meet his match at Wrestlemania and it will all be under one title run.

Z's Prediction

Mark Henry wins after using the chair in Big Show's leg in some fatal way.

If this match isn't a chairs match, I will be stunned. Both men injured each other's leg using a chair. Granted, these hosses could tear it down in a tables match, but from the angle thus far, it has to be chairs. I anticipate Henry finally getting the W and moving on to a new challenger.

A Chars Match seems to be a logical progression for these two. This will probably be the blow off to their feud and it should be a good, physical match. These guys won't be running around the ring at 90 miles an hour or pulling off suicide dives, which will probably cause a lot of people to dislike this match.

Like their other matches, however, I expect the two of them to work hard, leave it all laying in the ring and tell a good story. When it's all said and done, Henry retains the title.

This ought to be the last PPV match of theirs and end their feud, it's been very entertaining and we've seen real passion and fire from both Mark Henry and Big Show since it began which I have absolutely loved, that being said I do believe this is the proper time to end it. It'll probably end up being a chair match so one can screw the other's leg up with it, but I would love to see these guys in a tables match with the loser either getting choke slammed or taking a World's Strongest Slam through the table. Like their other matches this one won't be long but it will be big and entertaining while it lasts, I'm guessing Mark's leg will still be a bit weak so that should play into this a bit but I see Mark Henry being beat up most of the match and then having him pull off the win in the end. After the match I could see Bryan maybe coming out and attempting to cash in but failing before he can start the match somehow, hopefully that doesn't happen though.
Gunslinger's Prediction
Mark Henry Retains

Great feud that's under-appreciated by moron spot marks who count moves like they're autistic or something.

Gonna be another great match by two pros who are going to go out there and bust their ass and tell a great story.

mark probably wins.

I can see some sort of swerve here. I don't believe WWE ever intended to give Mark a long title run; in fact, I'm surprised (though pleased) it's lasted this long. At the same time, it just doesn't seem logical to have Big Show win the title, unless it's scheduled to be a very brief reign.

Perhaps a third party will be inserted at the last minute, someone who unexpectedly walks away with the whole thing.

Another possibility that would fit the current storyline is that, whomever wins, ol' Danny Bryan cashes in his MITB prize and finally takes the title. In reality, I don't really see Daniel as the champion, but sooner him than Big Show.

There seem to be several interesting ways this can play out.

Im looking forward to this match. I think the symbolism of both men having injured the other's ankle using a chair won't be lost here, and we will indeed get ourselves a Chair's Match. Every match at the TLC PPV last year had a stipulation, and every major match at the inaugural event did the same. And this match is in definitive need of a stipulation, as they've pulled every trick in the book out to make their first two matches interesting. They've succeeded thusfar, but Im not sure they could even match the spots from the first two matches. Thus, a stipulation is required here to ensure the interest level in this match is there.

I don't think we'll see Daniel Bryan inserted into the mix here, as I believe they're teasing a possible Wrestlemania match to see if it will fit. So far, based on the false MITB cash-in, and their cage match, I think they could do pretty well. But here, the only logic is to make this one a chairs match. It symbolizes the Pillmanization of the other in the last four months, and it could lead to a very brutal match to end a very brutal feud.

Show has been a nice placeholder here to feud with Henry, but I don't think he's performed on Henry's level within this feud. I think Henry's reign will and should continue here after Show attempts to go the revenge route and injure Henry once more, gets caught, and Henry hits a WSS on a chair, retaining the title.

I'm excited about this match as well.

It's TLC, it should be a TLC match.

I see Mark Henry winning by performing a huge, devastating move, and I definitely think he'll put Show through a table, maybe even the announcers table. I just can't see Show winning this one.

Mark Henry should retain here.

He is performing at a level far above the level he has shown throughout his WWE career and is rightfully on top (I can't believe I just wrote that). He has been a very believable monster over recent months, and there is no need to change the champion right now.

Big Show doesnt draw as champ, never has. He has performed pretty well in this feud with Henry, but I can't see him walking out as champion here. I expect the steel chair to play a big part in this match, but fully expect Henry to walk out as the World Champion, probably after hitting his finisher on a steel chair.

This match might be the most intriguing one on the card. You have Mark Henry and Big Show -- the fading champion and the surging challenger, something has got to give. This feud has progressed logically, finally "climaxing" with this chairs match, but I can't use logic to predict the result. Mark Henry has had a great run and been a strong champion, but Big Show has had his number as of late, THEN you have to add in the possibility of a Daniel Bryan cash-in, and this has all the makings of an explosive situation.

These guys won't put up a 5 star classic, but they'll be entertaining as hell with the chairs involved. Just the brute strength of these guys, coupled with the chairs, will be more than enough to keep me interested. Also, I'm not predicting a Daniel Bryan cash-in, but I think that his influence over the last few weeks will be more than enough to add to the overall feeling this match has to offer. Anything can happen and I'm excited to see the possibilities.

I see Henry winning, no matter what. After he wins is where it gets tricky. Maybe a post match assault on Big Show gone wrong or the results of a grueling match, anything can open the door for Daniel Bryan. It's odd, but I'm more excited for what might happen, than I am for the actual match.

I actually see this match as an opportunity to make the returning Kane interfere and destroy maybe his former tag team partner and Mark Henry.

I would not be totally surprised if this happened. I could see it ending in another draw by Kane's doing. Have him come down and chokeslam them both and maybe even get a Daniel Bryan cash in on the same night. Before Bryan's cash in the other night, I wouldn't of given that type of scenario a thought, but I think it could be totally possible.

It could happen even if Kane does have a match with Cena.

Hmm... I don't know. I'm quite confused as to if Kane is a face or a heel. This probably has nothing to do with it, but when he had the scarier black metal fusing mask on, I thought for sure he'd be heel, but when he revealed his previous looking mask with the mouth area open I figured he's a face. The return was either way awesome but I hope that he's a monster heel...

But my point with all this is that on RAW I thought he came out to get Mark Henry (who put him on the shelf) and since Mark removed himself from the ring... I think he's going to go after him at TLC. John Cena was maybe just there, ran into his chokeslam, or a mere message. I see Kane being Mark's new contender at the Rumble after interfering at TLC or maybe even winning the rumble for the first time this year.

Now Kane's returned, this could be a lot more interesting...possibly. I say possibly 'cos he attacked Cena on Raw last night. HOWEVER, I think he may have only attacked Cena because Henry rolled out of the ring and Kane couldn't get to him.

This is a Chairs match meaning that really and truthfully, it should be brutal. Both men should be beating each other with Chairs left, right and centre. Will that happen? I doubt it highly. As long as they don't do the stupid ring breaking thing again, I'll be happy. Mark will obviously retain here as I don't think his title reign is up yet.

Also, I'm hoping DBD doesn't cash in his MiTB. That really needs to wait till Wrestlemania now, 'cos I want the beard to grow.

I definitely like the idea of Kane interfering in this match and just attacking both guys. I think Kane is going to destroy whoever is in the way or at least that's how I would book him. Obviously choke slamming Cena is a heel thing to do, but if he attacks Henry and Big Show you get that idea of not knowing who would be next. This match could just end up a double dq and then next month at the Royal Rumble you have all three guys going at it.

A chairs match seems ideal for these two giants to do battle as it plays a great role in this intense rivalry. Mark Henry has taken out Big Show, Kane and a few other superstars on Smackdown during his dominant reign using the very weapon we'll see Sunday night. Every time Big Show and Mark Henry collide with each other, we see a hard htting battle that just screams awesome. While Big Show has recently gotten the better of the World Champion, I do not see Big Show pulling away with the victory here. This match involves steel chairs which Henry has picked up as a specialty as of late. Big Show may put up a good fight but I can't help but to believe Mark Henry's dominant reign will be stopped by someone who could use the accolade, rather someone who will retire within a couple of years. I see a fine match here but Mark Henry isn't ready to give up the gold just yet.

Hamler's Prediction - Mark Henry will retain the World Heavyweight Championship

This will be the end of the trilogy of matches between these two massive men. Henry's on the roll of his career, and Show's been built up as at least his equal. The chair stipulation makes perfect sense considering the history between these two, and is really the only excuse I can see for a chairs match, not some other kind of no DQ match, to take place. Henry should retain here, considering how great his momentum's been so far, and that it seems to have no end in sight. Show's an entertaining guy, but I can't say I'd look forward to him as champion. He'd have a far solid contenders (Henry, Barrett, Rhodes), but his sluggishness has caught up with him. Now, he's usually just boring in the ring. Henry wins, hopefully clean, and goes on to Mania with the title.

Both of these men have their problems but to be honest I have really enjoyed their feud so far. Mark Henry deserves all the credit in the world for making himself the top dog, heel wise, on Smackdown this year. After Henry was given chance after chance to become the top heel each year he has finally grabbed the top stop and I couldn't be happier for the guy. He works hard and this year I can't remember a bad match he has had since taking the gold. While his match with Big Show at Survivor Series wasn't the best to begin with, by the end of it the crowd and I were really enjoying it. Mark Henry truly is the best champion the WWE has had in recent months and while the other main title was bounced around a lot he still deserves credit for his work.

As for Big Show I'm enjoying his role in this feud. I have always liked Big Show as a face more then a heel because of his connection with the audience. The guy is very interesting because he is a giant, kids love that. You have an instant draw because of him and from what I have seen Big Show seems to be a nice guy. You can't go wrong with a guy like Show who is willing to put others over for the good of the company.

As for this match I still see Henry walking away with the title once again. His reign has been to good to spot it at the moment and I think he will carry it into 2012. The match itself is going to be solid, nothing to amazing. I expect a big spot from the top as both of their past matches have had something to make the crowd mark out. No title run for Big Show because he doesn't need the belt. Mark Henry on the other hand has been carrying the gold great and doesn't need to lose it.

Mark Henry and Big Show have had a surprisingly good feud so far but what will make this match more interesting is the involvement of Kane and Daniel Bryan. Kane made an impactful return on Raw this week by dropping John Cena with a huge chokeslam but surprisingly he did not go after Henry, who was the guy who took him out. I think Kane is waiting for the right moment and that moment will come at TLC.

I think Kane will take both Henry and Show out which will result in the match ending in a double DQ. Kane has become a monster again and it does not matter to him who's the good guy and who isn't. Then I think that Bryan will come out and try to cash in on Henry but Kane will destroy him too. I think WWE will do a story with Bryan wherein he keeps coming close to winning the championship only to fall short due to plan bad luck. Then he will cash in at WrestleMania as he had originally meant to. It will be a "some things are just meant to happen in a particular way" type of a story.

Mark Henry VS Big Show has been one of the better World Championship feuds in WWE this year. These two have delivered some entertaining matches, and this feud has left us with some memorable moments (the ring break at Vengeance, Show's elbow drop at Survivor Series, and Show's attack on Henry after the match at SS). Big Show and Henry should deliver another enjoyable match, and I'm picking Henry for the win here. I fully expect Mark Henry to go into Wrestlemania 28 as the World Heavyweight Champion, because Henry is having one of the best runs ever as a monster heel and a world champion, and he should hold on to the throne for a long time, because there isn't any real reason for Mark to lose the title right now. Show and Henry should deliver a good match, and these two should have another enjoyable battle of the big men, as they viscously beat the hell out of each other here.

Big Show has had a surprising and successful face run. His return was done well, and his feud with Mark Henry has been something to look forward to, but I have a feeling he'll fall back down the ladder again after this is done. I could be wrong, but I don't think Show will receive a hard push like this for quite some time. Daniel Bryan holds the Smack down MITB briefcase, Sheamus is on the rise, and his popularity as a face continues to grow. Other faces will step into the WHC after this feud is over, the younger stars of Smackdown will have their chances in the main event, and Show probably won't receive any major spotlight for a long time.

I can't believe this feud is still going on. Henry is terrible as a world champion and Big Show never wins world title feuds. Other than the ring breaking this feud has been terribly boring. I would like to see Big Show win although it is doubtful at this point. Bryan or Sheamus are more likely to end the reign. This match will probably suck but the Chairs stipulation should help make it tolerable because weapons almost always make a match more interesting. PLEASE end this feud here! Show moves on to filler feuds that do not matter while Henry moves on to his next challenger.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Mark Henry will retain the World Heavyweight Championship

I can't believe this feud is still going on. Henry is terrible as a world champion and Big Show never wins world title feuds. Other than the ring breaking this feud has been terribly boring. I would like to see Big Show win although it is doubtful at this point. Bryan or Sheamus are more likely to end the reign. This match will probably suck but the Chairs stipulation should help make it tolerable because weapons almost always make a match more interesting. PLEASE end this feud here! Show moves on to filler feuds that do not matter while Henry moves on to his next challenger.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Mark Henry will retain the World Heavyweight Championship

While I agree with the prediction here, I totally disagree with the assessment. I for one have been loving Mark Henry as the World Heavyweight Champion. He has truly been an unstoppable monster, running roughshod over the entire WWE. Never mind Big Show. Or a re-debuting Brodus Clay. Or even a newly remasked Kane. Mark Henry, to everyone's surprise, has been a truly dominant force and an effective heavyweight champion. And I for one hope he retains it until at least WM28.

I do hope this feud ends tomorrow night, and that Henry moves on to a program with someone else. But he's been anything but boring during his title reign in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back