WWE TV Title

avrice

Dark Match Winner
TV Title in the WWE? I have been thinking this over and thought maybe a WWE TV champ would be a good thing for the company a person who can appear on any of the TV shows and if he does he has to defend the title on that show. Would be a great way to get exposure for some stars who are good but don't have the TV time available set aside for them. It would also raise the level of entertainment for a lof of people who follow the WWE Tv Programs.

I think that it wouldn't work well having the TV title being defended on any show as both the Intercontinental and US titles are getting lots of exposure and giving a lot of wrestler TV time. For me, the only way for the only way that the TV title would work is if it was given to ECW

I think the TV title would work under a few conditions:

1. It would have to be on ECW.

2. ECW would have to have more than 13 active wrestlers (And that's counting Miz & Morrison).

Here's some guys I'd put in ECW if the title was there.

Charlie Haas
D-Lo Brown
Hardcore Holly
Jamie Noble
Val Venis
DH Smith
Kung Fu Naki
Ryan Braddock
Scotty Goldman

let me see, the most direct way to go about saying this

FUCK NO, THATS A TERRIBLE IDEA

ah, there it was. a littany of reasons and fundmamentals, but ill just go with the easy obvious ones, becuase im impossibly lazy.

1. They cant even manage to get the undercard title holders matches, feuds, and TV time as it is NOW. William Regal has never even defended the belt!!! He comes out and sits in a chair maybe once a week for 10 minutes!!!. Shelton hasnt defended the US title since damn October!!!. and lets not even BEGIN with the tag division, and how totally fucked it is. the WWE is far too oversaturated with titles as it is, and adding more, just further devalues everything. Fuck, why dont we just give everyone a title.

2. Why on earth would THIS give someone more TV time, when guys who hold already established and prestigous titles dont even get proper TV time??? If the guys in question arent even worth enough to be given THOSE worthless titles, then why would they warrant TV time now all the sudden with ANOTHER worthless title???

terrible, terrible idea.

I think Norcal's covered everything pretty well. I mean, there's a reason they dropped the Cruiserweight title, European Title, Hardcore title. Too many belts, not enough time to show them all and then fit the rest of the midcard round them. I mean if Raw gave it's titles 15 minutes each, there's and hour gone. Add in promos, advertising and you'd be left with half an hour to fit the majority of the roster around everything.

Besides, titles mean more when there are less of them. It'd be like boasting about being in the battle sequence of Saving Private Ryan... no-one cares because so many others can say the same thing

The WWE is already looking more like pro boxing than anything else. Have you ever tried to keep track of the titles in pro boxing? Similar to WWE's "brands," pro boxing has the WBO, WBC, The Ring, etc. They all have titles of varying weight classes, and you cannot even keep track of all of the unification bouts.

I actually had to think for a moment to remember who the US Champ was on Smackdown - maybe because I don't watch it - but still. NorCal is right - why add MORE titles if the ones you have do not get defended?

UFC has ONE championship for each weight class, and that title is damn sure respected. I am not saying that is how WWE should run itself, but the point is, titles have to be defended to have prestige. More titles just waters down what it means to be champ.

When the next wave of internet wrestling fans starts holding 256-man tournaments like we do here, the list of "championships and accomplishments" will be as long as my - well, pretty long. But the negating response will be "but everyone got a title at that time."

Scale back. Don't add on. World Heavyweight Title, IC Title, US Title, Womens, World Tag Team, Cruiserweight.

We don't want to add on any more titles at the moment. If anything, we want to take some away. Unify tag and womens titles. They don't get defended much and don't mean anything anymore. Apart from the World Titles, the other titles are lucky to get defended once a month, and all the belts have lost some, if not all, of their prestige. There's a reason why so many belts have been taken away, and yet there still isn't enough time for all the belts anyway. Why would the WWE want to bring another belt when the haven't figured out what to do with the rest of the belts?

I think we do need another title, but the problem is that it can't be pulled off because other than the WWE, WHC, and to a certain extent ECW no other title has a story that revolves around it, and no other title is defended. If the WWE actually had a constant feud or storyline around all of its titles then it would be different, but they don't so that's why the titles aren't that important outside of the 3 that I mentioned above. Back in the Attitude Era every title had value because people always fought for them and there were storylines surrounding it.

If there was a TV Title or new title for that matter it would have to go to ECW. But if there will be no storyline around it and if it won't be defended there would be no point. Lets get the US Title and IC title defended at a friggin' PPV and then we can talk. The US title was defended on a PPV Dark Match and the IC Title hasn't been at a PPV since Cyber Sunday in a comedy match with Santino. It hasn't been defended at a PPV in a one on one match since Kofi vs Jericho at Night of Champions! Jesus Christ WWE needs to get their shit together with the title scenes.

While, Sunee I had mentioned that the TV title would only work on ECW, but I'll elaborate a little bit more to justify why.

If the belt is vacant to start, have a Battle Royal. Here's the participants:
- Bam Neely
- Boogeyman
- Chavo Guerrero
- Finlay
- Evan Bourne
- Jack Swagger
- John Morrison
- The Miz
- Ricky Ortiz
- Charlie Haas
- D-Lo Brown
- Jamie Noble
- DH Smith
- Kung Fu Naki
- Scotty Goldman
- Ryan Braddock
- Kizarny (If he's active by then)
- Hurricane Helms
- Jimmy Wang Yang
- Paul Burchill

Then at the end of that you get an ECW guy to have the belt, ideally Bourne, Finlay, Chavo, or Morrison. That would leave open some decent feuds such as Bourne v. Chavo.

I don't think there should be a title, but if done right, on the lines of what I said, it could possibly get a few more viewers. And it could also get Bourne some more exposure.

The WWE does have a deal with WGN to relaunch WWE Superstars as a weekly program. I don't know if all brands will be able to wrestle here or not, if itll be a RAW, Smackdown, ECW recap show, airing of good house show matches or what. But if it's anything to what WWF Superstars or Wrestling Challenge was in the early 90's late 80's then this would give time to be able to showcase a TV title. The WWE has never had a TV Title in their history but WCW and ECW did, but thid would give an opportunity to a lower mid-card wrestler climbing the ladder. The TV champ would be able to wrestle on any TV show but they could primarly use him for the WGN show. WWF Superstars had wrestlers wrestling jobbers and then they began having semi-competitive matches. The latter is the show they should air on WGN and a TV title there wouldn't be a horrible idea.

Nope. Bad idea.

Think about it, the IC title & US Title aren't even being defended week in, week out, or on PPV for that matter, so why would the WWE make a whole new belt, which is worthless? It would serve no purpose at all. The WWE needs to focus on adding prestige for the existing titles, and the only way to do that is to make meaningful fueds around ALL of the belts. I'm fed up of seeing Beth Phoenix do fuck all week in, week out, have someone attack her, that person saying they want the title. ANYTHING! Have Regal do more than sit on a fucking chair each raw, give him a promo to do at least while the IC tournement is happening, heck, have someone attack him backstage, or attack Layla. Add more to the fued. In short, let the WWE focus on the titles they already have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back