WWE Survivor Series: WWE United States Championship - Antonio Cesaro (c) VS R-Truth

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
20121112_EP_LIGHT_Cesaro_Truth_Match_HOMEPAGE.jpg

While this match isn't all that important, I expect it'll be a pretty good match. This match hasn't gotten a ton of hype but it's gotten more than I expected it to. I figured this would just be a match tacked on the very night of the show but it's gotten some attention.

I fully expect Cesaro to retain against Truth before moving on. Allegedly, WWE has plans for Cesaro to have a top feud against The Miz beginning next year, so Cesaro will almost certainly get by Truth here.

There really isn't much to add to this. WWE has good intentions for Cesaro, and this could very well turn out to be a good match, but I definitely don't see this going Truth's way. However, I have been wrong before- I never expected Truth to win the US title from Miz in May 2010, so who really knows?

Eh... Truth does nothing for me when he is champ. I don't see how he has kept the status that he has. From multiple mid card titles last year, to main eventing Capitol Punishment, to the tag titles, I think Truth is done being a champion for now. Cesaro is still looking for that bump to get him over. Truth can help, as he is fairly over with the younger audience and has a pretty nice career behind him. All in all I think this is a good mid card match that will end with Antonio getting the Sieg.

I agree with everyone else. This could be a good match, but RTruth won't be winning the title here. I see this is as WWE trying to give Cesaro a little bit of a higher tier opponent to defeat. Cesaro retains.

Reactions: IHW
Personally i would like to see truth win cause both he deserve it and have the ability to do it but since it's bad for BUSINESS nobody can see that

Truth winning would be a big surprise here, Cesaro seems to be getting stiffer challengers each month with Gabriel last month and now Truth this month. Cesaro should pick up the victory here and keep on rolling maybe into a newly face Miz depending on what happens in his match. Gotta go with Cesaro.

I would only give the title to R-Truth right now if they start a unification angle with the Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston. Because they're former tag team partners, they could have a good a storyline and could possibly end with a match for both titles at Wrestlemania. If not, I would like to keep Cesaro with the title until the debut of Kassius Ohno. I think that a feud between the two of them could be great that could possibly end them reforming their tag team.

This will be opening the show, I'm certain of it. Cesaro is defending his title against R-Truth. I find that to be rather random. Truth won't be winning. He may be on a role with his current persona and the hilarious Little Jimmy promos, but they should not ruin what a good thing they have so far with Cesaro. I've been enjoying his run as United States Champion and would like to see it continue. Truth holding the belt doesn't seem like it would do much good for it, we need someone more serious such as the current champion. It should be a decent match that goes on if not first then toward the beginning of the night. Cesaro wins and brags about it in each of his languages, then moves on to his next challenger. Truth moves on to some filler feud that won't be relevant.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Antonio Cesaro retains the United States Championship.

What a shit feud between these two. Its amazing that this is the same title that they used to have best of 7 series with..

Cesaro in ring work is good, but his character needs work. Right now he is very dull.

I don't know, I can see Truth taking this one. Cesaro has been getting over a LOT slower than expected (after Neutralizing Brodus, taking Christian to the limit and uppercutting the living shit out of Gabriel, he should be getting consistent heat by now but he isn't), and trading some victories in a proper feud with Truth could get him where he needs to be. I'm sorry, but for someone who's been holding the title since Summerslam, he should be able to draw a strong reaction without depending on the anti-American insults by now. I think a lot of it has to do with his character, which isn't necessarily spectacular and is easily overshadowed by the gimmicks of Sandow, Ryback, PTP and even whatever the hell Brad Maddox is or might turn into. It's going to take a real feud or some big angle to get him where he needs to be in time for that 2013 feud with Miz, and this could be it with some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back