WWE TLC 2012: WWE United States Championship - Antonio Cesaro (c) VS R-Truth

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Antonio Cesaro defends the US title against R-Truth at the TLC ppv. While this certainly hasn't been a feud for the ages, I'm pleasantly surprised that WWE has actually put some general effort into the feud. They've given Truth & Cesaro some mic time, with Cesaro getting better on the mic, so it's a step forward for Cesaro in my eyes.

This might be the match that opens the show and it'll probably be pretty decent overall. Nothing spectacular that might go to the 8 to 10 minute mark. I fully expect Cesaro to retain the title against Truth and with another title match victory over Truth, I believe WWE will move him onto someone else.

Like most people, I'm definitely looking forward to how they'll incorporate Cesaro's always awesome super uppercut spot.

Other than that, this looks like another win in the record books for Antonio. My question is who's next after R-Truth? Rey Mysterio? Sin Cara? Randy Orton? Sheamus?

All I know is that WWE's running out of mid-card faces for Cesaro to work with, so I'd love to see him prove himself against higher profile talent.

I give this one to Cesaro. I think the WWE fell off of the Truth bandwagon. They seem to be behind Cesaro a good amount that him dropping the title to Truth would make no sense. They have had Cesaro beat Kofi twice (I think), so the WWE is showing him to be the better champion. So Cesaro is looking strong going into the PPV.

The win over Truth would be a good win for Cesaro. Hopefully it will help Cesaro gain more heat as he hopefully ends up with a stronger feud with higher talent down the road.

Cesaro for the win.

Antonio Cesaro has really impressed me recently. Much more than R-Truth ever has. I still love the match, though. I don't remember a PPV where both the IC and US titles have been on the line. I love it. Mid card matches can really save a PPV at times. I am not saying this PPV will be phenomenal because of these two, but their match can certainly stick out. No gimmicks, no partners, just a one on one titles match.

Truth has done nothing deserving of a title win. Ever since splitting with Kingston, Truth has been lost in the mix. This feud hasn't really had anything special. I can't recall any of their interactions other than from Raw last night. I know Cesaro always provides in the squared circle, so that makes me care a little bit.

IHW's Prediction- Antonio Wins

Cesaro won clean at SS. Why is R-Truth getting another title shot? This feud has been awful. I would of preferred them giving Cesaro a new opponent like Ryder or somebody. Cesaro will win.

I think Cesaro holds onto this for 2 reasons. #1 Wade Barrett is hopefully taking Kofi's IC belt @ the PPV and I can't imagine them changing them both. #2 Ted Truth stinks. He may be able in the ring, but he is the epitome of midcard talent.

Shelton Benjamin could be his cousin in terms of their ceilings in the business.

Being that Rtruth lost at Survivor Series I am not even sure why he is getting another match. I think Cesaro needs to start climbing up past the midcard now and face off against some more upper tier opponents. I like what Cesaro has done so far. I see him retaining here, and hopefully moving onto to some bigger matches.

Cesaro won clean at SS. Why is R-Truth getting another title shot? This feud has been awful. I would of preferred them giving Cesaro a new opponent like Ryder or somebody. Cesaro will win.

Truth went over Cesaro clean the next SD!, and Ryder is so terribly irrelevant now that it's embarrassing. I personally thought the feud has been picking up steam in recent weeks, though I admit it did start rocky.

I find myself in the minority that sees Cesaro losing on Sunday, as I still think they are going with Kofi vs. Truth to unify the midcard titles at WM. Plus, Cesaro, as an in-ring performer, is finally getting over a bit and has pretty much transcended the US title now, so it wouldn't be such a loss for him. Plus, he still needs to be a lot more over with the crowd as a heel than he is now (watch a DVR of RAW; the only reactions he gets is the anti-US trash talk and an occasional WOW pop for an uppercut spot). Dropping the US title off of Cesaro now can open him up to much more, so its best to get it out of the way now.

Nothing spectacular, suffocatingly predictable. Basically, 90% of wwe programming. I expect decent action, but nothing more than your run of the mill title defense

Being that Rtruth lost at Survivor Series I am not even sure why he is getting another match.

'Cause Christian's not around?

Really, I thought it was interesting the way Cesaro's WWE career began with clean pinfall losses to Christian and a couple other guys. Usually, pushes at the onset of a performer's tenure are done more in Ryback fashion ......y'know, where the guy destroys everything in his path. With Antonio, some spice is added that they don't have to start his march in WWE by depicting him as unbeatable.

To me, Cesaro is less than inspiring, although I'll admit he's picking up a little steam lately. Still, I find him awkward and sometimes sloppy in his movements, and there isn't much to get excited about in his personality.

R-Truth? He was due his push....and he got it. It was a good one in which the eternal good guy became a psychotic heel and wound up with a title shot or two. That he's fighting for the U.S. title now indicates they haven't got anyone better to face Cesaro. Or rather, they do..... but putting people like Orton, Cena or Big Show in there with Antonio would overshadow the champion so badly that it would have to be sold as a mismatch, with the titleholder being in the unusual position of underdog. Not exactly PPV material.

Truly, this is a midcard title match. I expect the champ to retain.

Eh.:shrug:

Not looking forward to this at all. I'm not expecting a bad match between Cesaro and Truth, but I have no interest in watching this on pay per view. Truth almost came close to being a credible threat to Cena at Capitol Punishment last year, but since then, he has sunk into a pile of overwhelming mediocrity. There is no reason to believe in Truth having a legit shot of winning the title here, because he's just another guy in the mid-card now.

Might be the piss break of the night for me, because I actually plan on watching the pre-show Divas Christmas battle royal.

Another filler match, where we can only expect an spot for Cesaro's forearm move...There's no way that R Proof can win this match, AC has been in a really good push and having decent matches.

Antonio Cesaro retains.

Just like many others have said, this match seems to be the weakest/less important match on the card. If I was the WWE, I'd have this match be the first match at the PPV event. I don't like either of these two, R-Truth the #1 contender, or Antonio Caesaro, the current US Champion, are able to carry the weight of the championship. Therefore, I wish a different opponent was in R-Truth's position for the #1 contender. Truth isn't high in the main card spot, but I don't think Caesaro is either. I don't know if both are capable of working a quality match, but in my eyes I definately see this match as the weakest one on the card. I expect Caesaro to defend his championship, but since I'm not fully invested in this match, I wouldn't be surprised if Truth leaves TLC with the US Championship.

I'm not too interested in this match. It will probably open the show, unless the Intercontinental Championship match does. There is absolutely no way that R-Truth is going to win here, Cesaro needs to remain champion. He has done very well so far and his reign should continue until someone has been built up enough to defeat him. Truth wouldn't make a very good champion.

I hope the feud ends after this match as well, it's been rather uninteresting. While this won't be the worst match of the night it is not one that I am in any hurry to watch. Cesaro retains and moves on to his next challenger while Truth goes back to not doing anything relevant.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Antonio Cesaro will retain the United States Championship.

Looks like a really easy title defense for Antonio Cesaro -- R-Truth's just a filler opponent until they can build someone else up to face him. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the match will be fairly decent, but it's nothing more than a run-of-the-mill title defense to give Cesaro something to do. That's fine and all, but I really wish that WWE would do a better job of pushing their new midcarders, or at least following through on whatever push they've already given them -- Cesaro should be facing someone a little better than R-Truth (you know, the guy's he's already beaten). I know they're not exactly brimming with talent at the moment (injuries are hampering heir flexibility), but why can't they do something similar to when Randy Orton faced a then-Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes? Booking Cesaro against R-Truth just seems so uninspired; this is basically just a TV match masquerading as a PPV match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back