WWE SummerSlam - John Cena VS AJ Styles

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Cena vs. Styles II is officially on for SummerSlam. In terms of wrestling action, I think this one will be more along the lines of the back & forth battle many were expecting for their first bout. The story of the first one was that Cena may have had "ring rust" and that Styles was running circles around him so yeah, I expect it'll be a different formula this time around.

Styles said tonight that there'd be no Club involved, though that doesn't mean they won't make an appearance here since SummerSlam is one of the four joint brand ppv events of the year. My instinct is that Cena walks out with the win here in that he still doesn't hold a singles win over Styles and I just don't see him going 0-2 against Styles or virtually anyone else for that matter. With that being said, however, maybe the whole "new era" thing could shake up the Cena booking formula a bit given that Cena seems to be working a reduced schedule and seems to have various outside interests going on, some of which he may take time off for, so it's not quite as clear cut that Styles doesn't win. It'll surprise me though if Styles does win, it'll flat out shock me if he winds up picking up a clean win.

I'm thinking John Cena picks up the win here to tie the series. They go their own way for a month or two, then have a rubber match at Survivor Series or somewhere around there.

I'm hoping Styles losing at Battleground was their way of giving Cena his victory. Does Cena really have to draw even in this feud? It doesn't need to extend past Summer Slam. Let Styles win and then Ambrose has got a fresh, credible challenger.

This is one of those matches where I don't think that any result is a bad result.

John has been shutting up his critics (like me) and AJ is AJ. Both men just need to show up to get the crowd roaring, so luckily they're going up against each other.

As has been mentioned; if AJ takes the win, then Dean gets to finally prove himself against a worthy non-Shield opponent.

If Cena wins (LOL), then this feud will likely continue for another few months. Maybe someone gets kayfabe injured so a big return can be set-up for the Royal Rumble leading to a tie-breaker match at WrestleMania.

They're both great, they'll both do great and at least I know I'll get my money's worth.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Cena's taking some more time off pretty soon. If that's the case a loss doesn't hurt him in the least (not that it would anyway). His comeback would immediately make an impact and nobody would care about that one clean loss to AJ Styles. A win over Cena for AJ makes him a prime candidate to take the title from Ambrose, minimum, we get a great program between the two.

If Cena's sticking around, it's a bit of a different story but there's still little reason for him to go over unless they're going to put him with Dean, which I wouldn't complain about.

Eh, I guess I'm with enviousdominous, I'm good either way. I'd still love to see a Styles win though.

My scenario would be that Cena wins here thus making the score 1-1.

Then he leaves for his possible time off. During that time, Styles becomes the WWE Champion. Cena returns and they blow this feud in a WWE Championship bout at the Royal Rumble or in an Iron-man match at the December Smackdown PPV.

So, I'm expecting Cena to pick up the win here. I just hope it won't be by submission.

Cena lost clean at a pay per view to a transition move from Del Rio. Del Rio is going nowhere.

Damnit. Give AJ a clean win here!

I assume Cena will be around for a few more months which will draw this feud even longer. Cena gets the win here but AJ wins at Backlash to write Cena off TV and move on to Ambrose.

I think that Cena would win this match to even the stats in this feud.

Although I would prefer a win for AJ, yet I am doubtful about it going anywhere AJ's victory. If Cena is gonna take off time after Summerslam, he should lose this match.

Other thing that could happen is that Cena wins the match and then AJ unloads a post-match attack to write him off TV.

Whatsoever be the result, this match could be great spectacle to watch.

AJ wins clean, moves on to Ambrose/Ziggler for the WWE Championship.

Taker comes down after the match and takes out Cena.

Sets up Taker vs Cena at Wrestlemania 33.

Just watched this match... Makes you truly respect John Cena. As much shit as he gets the guy can put on some great matches and is willing to try new things in big matches.

As expected, this was a great classic match. What enhanced it's quality was AJ winning the match while protecting Cena's credibilty.

He hit two consecutive finishers to defeat him for the second time. AJ stealing Cena's finisher was a great way to get heel heat on him.

It was about 23 minutes long but I was never bored in this match. Showcases the quality of matches AJ and Cena are capable of pulling off.

Side Note- Cena doesn't deserve "Cena Sucks" chant as he's proved his worth in last couple of years.

As expected, this was a great classic match. What enhanced it's quality was AJ winning the match while protecting Cena's credibilty.

He hit two consecutive finishers to defeat him for the second time. AJ stealing Cena's finisher was a great way to get heel heat on him.

It was about 23 minutes long but I was never bored in this match. Showcases the quality of matches AJ and Cena are capable of pulling off.

Side Note- Cena doesn't deserve "Cena Sucks" chant as he's proved his worth in last couple of years.

I totally agree. A few years ago, he was getting shoved down our throats and won EVERY feud (except against Punk). Now, he's essentially being used to put other talents over, as evidenced in his feud with AJ Styles.

I used to not be a big fan of Cena, but he has definitely grown on me in the past couple of years. He consistently puts on stellar matches if not potential match of the year candidates. As far as WWE main roster matches are concerned, Styles vs Cena II at Summerslam should be THE MOTY.

He is constantly pulling out new moves in big matches. The flipping powerbomb, he's done hurricanranas, the cutter/big ending type move he did against AJ Styles. He's innovated his offense to be more exciting. He sells moves well. He promotes matches well. If he were an attitude era star, EVERYONE would have loved him. But because everyone now needs to cheer heels, he gets boo'ed or told he sucks.

He's easily the best of this generation, and it's not even close. He may go down as the biggest star of the wrestling industry ever.

I totally agree. A few years ago, he was getting shoved down our throats and won EVERY feud (except against Punk). Now, he's essentially being used to put other talents over, as evidenced in his feud with AJ Styles.

I used to not be a big fan of Cena, but he has definitely grown on me in the past couple of years. He consistently puts on stellar matches if not potential match of the year candidates. As far as WWE main roster matches are concerned, Styles vs Cena II at Summerslam should be THE MOTY.

He is constantly pulling out new moves in big matches. The flipping powerbomb, he's done hurricanranas, the cutter/big ending type move he did against AJ Styles. He's innovated his offense to be more exciting. He sells moves well. He promotes matches well. If he were an attitude era star, EVERYONE would have loved him. But because everyone now needs to cheer heels, he gets boo'ed or told he sucks.

He's easily the best of this generation, and it's not even close. He may go down as the biggest star of the wrestling industry ever.
Yes, He's evolved a lot in the ring. He could work a match with anyone and make it worth watching.

But I do have complaints with him. Not him, rather his booking. I still want to see how well it goes if he turns heel? A great mic-worker as a heel is always fun to watch. A heel turn would show us a darker and dominant side of Cena. Plus I don't like his gimmick and attire. Both these things have gotten boring and stale.

Still though, he is nowhere near sucking. I do respect the talent he possesses and everyone else should too.

Sometimes, I even wonder that some people might be indulged in chanting both "Let's Go Cena" and "Cena Sucks".

Yes, He's evolved a lot in the ring. He could work a match with anyone and make it worth watching.

But I do have complaints with him. Not him, rather his booking. I still want to see how well it goes if he turns heel? A great mic-worker as a heel is always fun to watch. A heel turn would show us a darker and dominant side of Cena. Plus I don't like his gimmick and attire. Both these things have gotten boring and stale.

Still though, he is nowhere near sucking. I do respect the talent he possesses and everyone else should too.

Sometimes, I even wonder that some people might be indulged in chanting both "Let's Go Cena" and "Cena Sucks".

Cena turning heel right now would be pointless. He's not around nearly enough for it to be effective. If they brought him back to complete his title reigns and get him above Flair, then maybe, maybe. But right now it would just be plain stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back