WWE Roadblock (Aftermath Discussion and Reviews)

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
WWE held a special WWE Network event called Roadblock last night. The card had 7 matches, featuring talent from both Raw and NXT.

King Barrett & Sheamus VS New Day (WWE Tag Team Championship)
An ok opener, although definitely the weaker of the two tag team title matches. There was no reason for Barrett and Sheamus to win so the right call was made. Hilarious promo before the match by The New Day about Booty O's cereal.

Chris Jericho VS Jack Swagger
This wasn't as good as it could have been, Jericho got the win he needed so the match accomplished what it needed to. Excellent heel promo by Jericho. It was much better than the match itself. The match wasn't bad really, just didn't live up to its full potential. In arguably the lowest point of the entire show, JBL kept shouting "YOU STILL GOT IT" a million times after the match ended. I doubt I was the only fan watching and yelling "SHUT UP!" at this time. How annoying! Once or twice would have sufficed.

Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady VS Revival (NXT Tag Team Championship)
This was great! NXT proved once again to be the superior brand. I wish Enzo and Cass would have won, but it benefits The Revival to retain once more against the most popular tag team in NXT. I am genuinely shocked that Enzo and Cass have yet to be promoted. If they aren't going to win the titles then why are they still in NXT? Just move them up to Raw so they can feud with The New Day in what would provide endless silly promos.

Charlotte VS Natalya (Divas Championship)
Another really good match. Charlotte gets momentum going into her triple threat title defense at Wrestlemania and Natalya looked like she had a decent chance of winning for a while there. This match accomplished everything it needed to and more. I would want to see this as a lengthier feud. It won't happen now obviously due to the triple threat, but it's an option WWE should look into.

Brock Lesnar VS Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper
This was ok, nothing special. Bray looked a bit weak to me though. If he is supposed to be "the new face of fear" why was he showing so much fear here? Sure, it's Lesnar, but come on. Could have been a little better done, maybe including the other two Wyatt members and Bray not retreating. Whatever. It didn't suck, although like Jericho VS Swagger it did not live up to its potential.

Sami Zayn VS Stardust
This was a fun match. Sami got the win and it was the right call. Not much else to say here.

Dean Ambrose VS Triple H (World Heavyweight Championship)
Best match of the show. Dean was so close to winning and I had been hoping he would. I can't quite say the right call was made as Dean defending at Wrestlemania would be much better than WWE keeping it as Trips VS Roman, but that's a whole other topic. With Dean's popularity continuing to grow, this should definitely not be his last title shot. Good finish, despite a title change being potentially the better alternative.

Overall Thoughts
So, for a randomly made WWE Network special, this was a really fun show overall. It was big enough to have been its own PPV and I liked it more than Fastlane. My main concern is that nothing changed. Not a single title that was defended here changed hands. Dean VS Lesnar VS Trips VS Reigns with Dean defending could have been a better idea than keeping things as they are. WWE is heading into Wrestlemania next, the biggest show of the year, with the card still looking underwhelming. I blame the injuries as it's not 100% the Creative team's fault with so many out injured. There is still blame to be placed on them though, as I do not have high hopes for the Wrestlemania 32 event. I'll be there as I had already bought tickets, however I'm concerned for how WWE can still salvage the show. Wrestlemania rants aside.... if you have the time to check Roadblock out and somehow missed it, go check it out. It's one of those shows that is good for just being a fan and having a good time watching.

So what are your thoughts? Did you like this show? Why or why not? I encourage you to post a full review.

Did you agree with the results? Should a title have changed hands? If so, which title(s) and why?

Should the WWE do this event again in future years? Should it replace Fastlane? Should both be replaced?

This event featured talent from both Raw and NXT. Would you like to see more NXT talent featured on main roster shows? Why or why not?

Discuss! :)

WWE has done a great job with these specials so far. They're going to places that they usually go to but rarely broadcast, which that alone makes it actually feel special. WWE's racked up a list of Tokyo, MSG, and yesterday's show at the Ricoh Coliseum. Tokyo is a place that WWE does a yearly tour at but usually don't broadcast and what made that special is the fact that they put a card together to broadcast live on the WWE Network for the first time and that to the surprise of everyone when it was first announced, Brock Lesnar appeared. And MSG, WWE almost never broadcasts there anymore as evidently WWE may find the costs to be too demanding, and for reasons I don't know, WWE rarely broadcasts in Toronto. High costs? Too easy for heels to insult Toronto sports teams? Does WWE not like the Canadian fans' tendency to revel in the "Bizarro Land" atmosphere they create as shown yesterday when they booed a lot of what WWE wants to push (which has kinda become typical of them) and chanted random shit during the Sami Zayn match and during the main event? Does the time they cheered for Hogan at WM 18 instead of booing him for being a crowd bashing heel and the time they booed a then face Edge out of the building during a PPV when they weren't supposed to be booing a face still not sit well with Vince? I don't know. They just don't regularly broadcast there.

This is the kind of quality programming happens when the -wrestling- supersedes everything else. There were three really good matches with Charlotte vs Natalia ...Nxt Tag Championship and The Main Event match. J.B.L screaming You Still Got It for Jericho's entire walk up the ramp was the shows low point. J.B.L needs to be replaced.

Dean Ambrose pinning Triple H 1,2,3 after a Dirty Deeds really made me think Ambrose was the new champion.

1. WWE Tag Team Championship: The New Day vs. The League of Nations - Pretty solid match overall that had a good amount of energy and the live crowd was definitely into it. If anything, this feud with the LON seems to point towards a face turn for New Day, or, at least, that's the feeling that I get. I knew that there was virtually no chance of Sheamus & Barrett winning, I figured it'd be a good match and that's what we got. **1/2

2. Chris Jericho vs. Jack Swagger - The highlight of this whole situation was Jericho's promo before the match. Within 5 minutes, the fans went from cheering their asses off to flat out despising the guy and I'm so glad that they went this route as it was really nice work. As for the match, it was just kinda there and I saw no reason at all to be excited about it. If they wanted to make a statement, I think the best thing to do would've been for Jericho to just obliterate Swagger before the match even happened and spend about 5 minutes just beating the crap out of him on the outside by stomping him, ramming him in to the barrier, punches, steel chairs to the back, maybe some shots from the kendo stick, etc. because the match itself was just dull for me. I saw no reason for Swagger to give Jericho an 8 minute or so fight when Swagger's relevance is now strictly residing on Superstars and Main Event. N/A

3. NXT Tag Team Championship: The Revival vs. Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady - This match was a helluva lot of fun and was just packed with energy. I thought all four wrestlers looked great out there and the fans were eating up everything Enzo & Big Cass were doing or saying. Again, I expected no title change here, just was hoping for a strong match and it definitely delivered. I liked the contrast with Enzo & Cass being this high energy, charismatic team while the Revival has this bare bones approach similar to some of the old school tag teams like the Minnesota Wrecking Crew and Jack & Jerry Brisco.***1/4

4. WWE Divas Championship: Charlotte vs. Natalya - A very strong outing from the ladies here, much more so than I was expecting to be quite honest. I figured this match might go 7 or 8 minutes, but it went about double that and featured both gals telling a good story and working hard. While not as good as their NXT Women's Championship match a few years ago, it was still damn good and I definitely got the vibe that the girls were told to just go out there for 15 minutes or so and just kill it. I have no idea why Natalya has been sitting on the sidelines these last 7 months while this vast improvement in women's wrestling on the main roster has been taking place. ***1/2

5. Brock Lesnar vs. Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper - I can't say I cared much about this. I mean, aside from Harper's offense early in the bout, this match consisted of about 7 German Suplexes, Lesnar delivering an F5 to Harper and the match was over. This was announced as a handicap match, but Bray Wyatt didn't see any action. I can only assume that they're waiting for later to have Lesnar vs. Wyatt in a singles bout, or they're nixing the idea altogether and couldn't help but make Wyatt look like a total puss. At this point, I'd buy either explanation. N/A

6. Sami Zayn vs. Stardust - This match was pretty decent, certainly more entertaining than Jericho vs. Swagger for me, however, again, I got the feeling that this was something that went on for much longer than it should have. Stardust has been essentially a comedy jobber for quite a long while now, yet he controlled much of a match that lasted roughly 10 minutes; I think it should've lasted about half that with Zayn dominating it because it's definitely hard to view Zayn as fighting from underneath against someone like Stardust. This just felt like another one of those random matches just thrown together without rhyme or reason; at least it would've made more sense to take place and for the heel to have controlled more of the bout if Zayn had wrestled against Miz, given what happened on SmackDown. **

7. WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Dean Ambrose - A helluva strong main event that made Ambrose look like a big star. I like the story that was told and I enjoyed how they stared out slowly by sort of feeling each other out with Ambrose eventually getting into Trips' head. The false finish was a great tease that really had the fans frothing at the mouth, but not to the degree that took energy out of the match or ultimately panned it. I wouldn't have complained if Ambrose won, provided it wasn't going to be one of those month long runs before dropping it to Reigns; I mean, if Vince is determined to have Reigns have a major run and a big WrestleMania moment, then having Ambrose win the title last night only to have him be pinned, yet again, at WrestleMania by Roman Reigns is a far, far worse scenario in my opinion. So, on the whole, I have a feeling that they made the right call last night, though we won't know for sure until WrestleMania is over. ***3/4

Final Thoughts - For me, the NXT Tag Team Championship, Divas Championship and WWE Championship matches are what carried the card last night. The WWE Tag Team Championship match was solid but, all in all, it was nothing that wouldn't have been at home on Raw. Jericho vs. Swagger was ultimately a bathroom/snack break. Lesnar vs. Harper was the same old, same old from Lesnar. Zayn vs. Stardust wasn't a bad match, though it was one in which I think Zayn should've won in a much easier and faster fashion, considering the buzz surrounding him and the general irrelevance of Stardust.

Grade: B

Staying up until four o'clock, having my girlfriend shake me awake at eight and politely asking her to leave me to sleep until eleven: worth it. That's the biggest compliment that can probably be given to a wrestling show.

Ultimately, this show was even less consequential than most were expecting. Nobody particularly expected any title changes, even from the NXT match, but most would have thought that Brock Lesnar would probably get his hands on Bray Wyatt.

The reason the show ended up being worthwhile was a combination of three matches that could all end up being on the ballot for match of the year: The Revival versus Enzo & Cass, Charlotte vs. Natalya, and Triple H vs. Dean Ambrose.

Match of the night went to the NXT boys. The quality of the tag match wouldn't surprise anyone who'd seen their previous encounter in London, particularly those lucky souls who were in attendance. This match featured an example of how to do false finishes properly: making the crowd believe the match is going to end without spamming, and thus utterly devaluing, finishers.

Speaking of NXT, those who know their history would be similarly unsurprised by the quality of Charlotte and Natalya's match. If the so-called diva's revolution is going to be a success, there's going to need to be women making something out of nothing, and that's just what these two did.

Whose heart didn't stop for a moment when it looked like Dean Ambrose had won the world championship? One would have to be peculiarly detached and callous not to end up wide-eyed and open-mouthed at that.

The only letdown was the stinker of a match that Sami Zayn featured in. For two wrestlers so accomplished, this one was oddly tone deaf. Nobody in that impatient, buzzing crowd wanted to see the hometown boy get worked over by a man in silver paint for what seemed like an eternity. Zayn's still new on the roster and it would have made sense for him to get some shine early on, to show off his skills and get the crowd onside. Instead, it seemed like he was out of his depth against a man whose signature move is hissing.

New Day vs Sheamus and Barrett

New Day rips down Sheamus and particularly Barrett pretty hard pre-match, yet they come out grinning like idiots. Shouldn't they have sold the verbal take down? Aren't they heels?

Decent match tough, not the best tag match of the night, but a decent opener. New Day working as faces is interesting to see. When they do truly turn face, it's going to be entertaining.

Jericho vs Swagger

Swagger still works here? Why hasn't he been sent to NXT yet? At least he could do some good working with people down there. Were there no other faces available? At least Goldust or Truth have been on TV recently, even if they're comedy acts. I'd watch Jericho vs Goldust any day.

If anything this proved what a master crowd manipulator Jericho is. He essentially took a hometown crowd (Jericho is a hometown hero anywhere in Canada) and turned them against him.

The Revival vs Enzo and Cass

Excellent match. I thought this was match of the night, but I might be bias here. Everyone involved in this match looked great and player their part. I really thought they were going to give Enzo and Cass the belts here, but maybe that happens at Takeover in Dallas.

It's great main roster exposure for both these teams. I've seen a lot of people worried that Enzo and Cass' pre-match gimmick won't translate to the main roster - and sure, Toronto is a pretty smart crowd - but they got over huge here.

Natalya vs Charlotte

For all the unadvertised matches, I thought this was handled best. We get the pre-taped promo before the match, which really gave it an old school feel. Nattie in the Hart shirt got her over as the face with the crowd, Charlotte got herself over as a heel.

It's too bad these two didn't get the opportunity to feud a bit ahead of this event.

Lesnar vs Wyatts

I've see a lot of people calling doom and gloom on this. Personally I thought it was booked into one of the better outcomes. They essentially just built heel heat for Bray here. Wyatt hides behind one of his heavies and smartly bides his time for Lesnar. It's not like Wyatt ran away with his tail tucked. He avoided conflict smartly.

My biggest question is why was Brock the hero in this story if his next opponent is Ambrose in three weeks? Bray acted as far more the villain - adding Harper to the match and hiding behind him.

The audience is supposed root for Brock here, yet get behind Ambrose and root against Brock in less than a month? Or are Amrbose and Brock both babyfaces? I wouldn't call it confusing so much as disappointment.

The Wyatts have no match for WrestleMania, and teased a possible face turn against Triple H last Monday. It might have made more sense to turn Wyatt face in the short term and build some heat on Lesnar for his match against Ambrose.

Zayn vs Stardust

Another match that makes you wonder where the other heels were. Stardust has barely been on TV since Titus got suspended. Where were the Outcasts? Zayn interacted with Miz on Smackdown, why not Miz?

Adding Zayn to this card is a great idea because he hasn't won any main roster matches yet seems destined for an Intercontinental title shot in some capacity at WrestleMania.

Ambrose vs Triple H

This went as I expected, a very solid and enjoyable match where Triple H retains. I was really surprised that we never saw Reigns or Lesnar in this match considering that we need to be building towards the bigger event here.

Ambrose vs Triple H's nose for feud of the year.

It was a solid show. New Day clearly have no competition in the tag division. I think it'd take a team like Ambrose/Reigns to get the titles off them. I hope Truth/Goldust or the Usos don't beat them for the titles. I'm ready for the New Day/LON feud to be over with.

Seeing Natayla and Charlotte put on a great match, makes me want to see Natayla added in the WM Divas match. She is underrated. I didn't realize she was so strong. However, we know she won't be added. She'd be a good post feud opponent after WM.

I see WWE is protecting Bray again. I guess Brock vs. Bray will happen on a bigger stage. I'm curious to see if Bray will interfere in Brock's match at WM or just him after the match like they did Taker when he faced Brock at HIAC.

Ambrose vs. HHH was good. I'm just hoping this isn't the beginning of a losing streak for Ambrose. I can't see him beating Brock and even if he does beat Brock, he would have to be in the WWE title picture and I can't see Ambrose beating Reigns for the title anytime soon.

I attended the show live so my review might be a little different from those that watched on TV.

First of all the way the arena was set up was weird. They actually moved the ring down a section, which kind of pissed us off, because we would have been sitting at the corner but ended up sitting a whole section away. They did it to make the ramp look longer but took away quite a few floor seats. Also the ring area was made bigger to accommodate the action that happened outside on the floor.

Show opened with two dark matches, Mark Henry against God knows who. Henry got a great pop, squashed the guy and left to a rousing ovation. Next up was the Viktor from the Ascension against Goldust. Goldust got the win, but the Ascension began to beat him down. R-Truth made the save and the crowd was happy. Still don't know what they're doing with that duo.

Then Michael Cole and Bryon Saxton were announced, they got boo'd out of the place. JBL's music hit and the crowd erupted in cheers, he is over here in Toronto. He smiled all the way down the ramp and around the ring. Nice to actually see him smile for a change. Cole's face was wooden the whole time I might add, and Saxton shares his music.

They kept announcing that we would be going live in a few minutes to ramp up the crowd.

King Barrett & Sheamus VS New Day (WWE Tag Team Championship)

New Day is crazy over and the crowd went nuts when "FEEL THE POWA" hit. Sheamus and Barrett not much of a reaction to them. Match was great, lots of action and I need a box of that cereal. Great start to the night.

Chris Jericho VS Jack Swagger

Jericho got a huge ovation which quickly turned to "AJ Styles" chants when he started to talk. Dissed all of Canada, Canadians and Toronto in general, but they were still chanting his name. Yes we're idiots and love our Canadian wrestlers. Swagger was a bit of a disappointment and for a minute all of Canada was American with the "We the People" chant. Match was a bit of a slow goer, would have been much better is Zayn had fought Jericho.

Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady VS Revival (NXT Tag Team Championship)

One of the matches of the night. Crowd chanted along with Enzio during the intro and Cass is legit one of the biggest guys I've ever seen. Carmella is a cutie and she was running around ringside getting the crowd into it. She needn't have bothered as we loved the match. Hilarious chant of "Which one are you?" at the Revival. But the NXT guys put on a show and it was appreciated. Can't wait to see them on the main roster.

Charlotte VS Natalya (Divas Championship)

I've seen reviews that this match was great, it wasn't really. Very boring and the crowd was dead for most of it. Charlotte is a charisma vacuum and only got a good reaction I believe because Flair was with her. Nattie of course got a great pop, but the crowd died during the match. I guess it was one of those that you needed the commentary for.

Brock Lesnar VS Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper

The place lit up when Wyatt came out and it was a sight to see. Harper is huge but Lesnar who is loved here is bigger. The guy is a monster. Typical Lesnar match, suplex, suplex, suplex, F5 and it was over. But we all appreciated the fact that he showed up here in Toronto and it was the first time I've seen him live.

Sami Zayn VS Stardust

This match should have been better than it was billed. It was really quite horrible. Zayn again is crazy over, Stardust got the "Cody" chants, but again the crowd went quiet in the middle of it. Think it was because Zayn was on the defensive end for most of it, and the crowd woke up when he did. Easily it was the worst match of the night and it shouldn't have been.

Dean Ambrose VS Triple H (World Heavyweight Championship)

Huge pops for both guys. We haven't seen HHH in years, and he looks in great shape. Ambrose as always gets one of the biggest reactions of the night. Match was all Ambrose at the beginning and the crowd lost it when it looked like he won the title. HHH took a lot of abuse, but came back in the end with the Pedigree. Good match to end the night, and the crowd went home happy because both guys looked like they gave it their all.

Overall Thoughts

Was a decent card, great matches, some disappointments but that's to be expected. I think the crowd was waiting for Reigns to show up and save Ambrose in the end but he didn't. Some call it a glorified house show and maybe it was, but it was better than a couple of the PPV's I've seen recently. Toronto is always a hot crowd and even though it wasn't a complete sell out, we showed up and let our feelings known. Really hope they go this way and do more of these network specials, they are quite entertaining and I'm waiting for the next one.

My thoughts on the Show last night.

First off, fun show. Liked having a random Saturday night card that wasn't overly promoted and didn't need a 15 minute lead in to every match.

New Day vs Sheamus/Barrett (WWE Tag team title match):
Actually enjoyed the match itself. Really over New Days annoying promos, but they can be fun to watch in ring. I would have liked to see Barrett replaced with either Rusev or ADR. I really enjoy Barrett, but having him in the match knowing he is leaving took away any doubt that ND would retain. Overall, really liked the match.
***1/4

Chris Jericho vs Jack Swagger:
Good to see Swagger dusted off. Another match where the outcome was never in doubt, but a nice filler match with a quick History promo by Y2J before. Like that they didn't do some DQ finish w/AJ when it wasn't needed.

Amore/Cassady vs The Revival:
Great match! Loved to see these two teams added to the card. NXT is becoming a haven for the Tag Team resurgence and these two teams are leading the way. Great match. It seemed as though the crowd (Initially) didn't know much about these teams, as Cass and Enzo usually get a much louder response and way more participation in their promos, but the audience came around quick.
***3/4

Nattie vs Charlotte for the WWE Divas Title:

Great Womens bout. They were given a nice chunk of time and used it well. Storytelling in the match was excellent.
***1/4

Brock vs Bray/Harper:
Eh. Understand why they did what they did and actually prefer it that way instead of wasting, what could be, a very entertaining feud (Bray/Lesnar) But I honestly can't grade this one.

Sami Zayn vs Stardust:
From reading the pages here, it seems like I am in the minority on this one. I do like both Zayn and Cody, but hated this match. It did nothing to make Zayn look ready for Owens and it honestly felt like it went a little to long for what they were giving here. Maybe I just wasn't feeling it last night, but definitely my least favorite match on the card.
**3/4

Dean Ambrose vs Triple H WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match:

Wow! Lived up to it's billing and then some. Trips looked like there was no rust and both men delivered on the match of the night. Clean, logical finish. Both men told the story and executed to a high level. MAIN EVENT.
****1/4

Overall, like I said earlier, I really enjoyed the card. Took me back to being that 10 year old in front of the TV on a Saturday Night waiting for "Saturday Night's Main Event" to start. Great job by WWE! Hope they continue with impromptu cards like this. Being Live was an added element that added to Roadblock, cant wait to see what's next.

New Day vs. League of Nations - WWE Tag Titles
Chris Jericho vs. Jack Swagger
Charlotte vs. Natalya - Diva's Title
Sami Zayn vs. Stardust

These were all pretty good matches with the right wrestlers winning. Can't complain though I would've loved to had seen Jericho vs. Zayn.

Enzo & Cass vs. The Revival - NXT Tag Titles

This was awesome and one of the best tag team matches I've seen in a long time. Clearly Enzo and Cass are ready for the main roster.

Brock Lesnar vs. Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper

What was the point of this? Why sacrifice any credibility the Wyatts had to make Lesnar look strong? It's ridicuolous how weak and vulnerable Bray looked. And where was the versatility? It was (predictability) suplex after suplex until the F5 and pinfall. Who cares?

Triple H vs. Dean Ambrose - WWE World Title

This was match of the night. Ambrose looked great and I honestly thought he was going to win near the end. HHH looked good.

Overall - B

This was a little bit better than I was expecting. However as Dagger said there's one big problem - NOTHING changed. Charlotte retained. HHH retained. Lesnar looked strong. Ambrose and Wyatt lost. This is one of those events that shouldn't have happened. In my mind, Reigns vs. Lesnar II, Taker vs. Sting, HHH vs. Shane, Ambrose vs. Jericho, and Owens vs. Styles would be much better and more logical matchups and stories. Oh well. The current card is.. okay.. I guess. I wasn't too optimistic about last year's card, and that turned out great, so I'll reserve judgment.

This was a fun show, and was exactly the kind of content the WWE should produce for the Network. I know they've done it in the past, but they need to continue doing "super" house shows every few months and air it on the Network. They could even do it in their bigger cities that don't normally get PPVs, and even experiment with a live showing from the UK.

Anyways, this show was way better than I thought it would be, even if it did turn out as inconsequential as everyone expected. That doesn't mean I didn't buy the near falls, though, because the match quality was normally high enough for me to get invested in the match despite having a good idea of what the outcome would be. I also loved the simple stage and really long aisle for some reason. It made it feel bigger somehow.

New Day defeat Sheamus and King Barrett - The New Day are still so entertaining in their promos even if the content isn't really the best. It's obvious they're having a blast out there, and it makes it fun to watch. The match was a fine way to start the show, but nothing more. It was a good, solid match, and that's really all it needed to be.

Chris Jericho defeats Jack Swagger - Jericho's promo was one of the highlights of the night. And I might be immature, but the word "anus" always makes me laugh. But I don't understand why they brought out "The Real American" for the Canadians to get behind. I understand there really aren't any Canadian faces on the roster (except Sami Zayn, but he couldn't have take the loss here), but there are still better options than Swagger. Why not throw Neville out there? The match was OK. It was more competitive than it needed to be, but it did its job of getting Jericho a win heading into Mania.

Enzo and Cass vs The Revival - I really don't like the name The Revival, but I love the team itself. Them and Enzo and Cass work so well together, and all four men came out of this match looking like stars. It was a showcase of some of NXT's best acts, and they had the crowd eating out of the palm of their hands by the end of it. Enzo and Cass are so ready for the main roster. I wish they would've debuted at "Fast Lane" during the New Day segment with Edge and Christian, but I guess they're being saved until after Mania. Still, a great match and probably the second best match of the night.

Charlotte defeats Natalya - Another really good match here. I don't think it was quite as good as the one in the NXT Women's Championship finals from 2014, but still an entertaining encounter. Whenever given time, Charlotte and Natalya put on a good show, and I hope they get to have more matches together in the future.

Brock Lesnar defeats Bray Wyatt/Luke Harper - So I'm guessing the WWE is saving Lesnar vs Wyatt for after WrestleMania for some reason? I'm not really sure why as I don't think anyone is clamoring for it. But this was about what most non-major PPV Lesnar matches have become: suplex after suplex until an F5 ends it. It was nice to see Harper get some offense in, and I think he's talented enough to earn a singles push of his own.

Sami Zayn defeats Stardust - I'm always disappointed to see Stardust. I love Cody Rhodes, but the Stardust character just makes me cringe. It's awful. At least Zayngot a win over a semi-credible opponent, but the match was nothing special.

HHH defeats Dean Ambrose - This was an awesome match, and I would've been happy if this exact match headlined WrestleMania. It was such a great match with so many little things added up to create a Match of the Year contender. Ambrose and HHH have so much chemistry together that I hope to see them face off again in the future. I was a bit surprised HHH actually got the pin. I would've guessed he would've won by DQ, but Ambrose still looked incredible in defeat. The commentary team put him over hard, and he carries himself as a top guy. The WWE's future is in great hands with the likes of Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn leading the way.

I had so much fun with this show. Now it's time to begin the final push toward WrestleMania!

My only real gripe here is that, while the match was fantastic, it doesn't do a lot to help Ambrose heading into 'Mania as far as looking like a serious threat to Lesnar. Sadly, that's another match I expect him to lose, though perhaps they add Bray to it and make it a triple threat? Still, Brock dominates and scares Bray off, looking like a total badass. Meanwhile, Ambrose loses clean to HHH, and the 'whoops, your foot was under the rope!' just adds another silly reason for him to lose a big match. Aside from that, quite enjoyed the show. I just hope Ambrose can pick up some more momentum heading into Mania.

This was a weird show, because the matches were all good, but the pacing of the overall event was very bad. I started eventually

There just wasn't enough drama, I guess. Why am I supposed to care about 'Sami Zayn Vs Stardust' or 'Charlotte Vs Natalya' when Stardust and Natalya lack any kind of credibility right now. WTF happened with Lesnar Vs Wyatt? Why did they change the card? Where was the other Wyatts? How come Harper was able to do that much damage? I also thought the 2 and a half hour runningtime was too long.

Still, I can't complain about the quality of the bouts.

This was a weird show, because the matches were all good, but the pacing of the overall event was very bad. I started eventually

There just wasn't enough drama, I guess. Why am I supposed to care about 'Sami Zayn Vs Stardust' or 'Charlotte Vs Natalya' when Stardust and Natalya lack any kind of credibility right now. WTF happened with Lesnar Vs Wyatt? Why did they change the card? Where was the other Wyatts? How come Harper was able to do that much damage? I also thought the 2 and a half hour runningtime was too long.

Still, I can't complain about the quality of the bouts.

I found it rather refreshing that we didn't have to sit through a million promo's and recaps to tell you the truth. The show went very quickly, as it was match after match with really no break.

Also I can answer some of your questions for you. Natalya and Zayn are both Canadian, and they tend to stack the deck with Canadian wrestlers everytime they come to Toronto. We don't mind at all. As for Lesnar and Wyatt, there are some rumours circling that Wyatt has some sort of a back injury, and the decision was made to put Harper up against Lesnar instead.

Frankly speaking, Harper probably got more offense in than Wyatt would have, but it was basically a squash anyway. I love Harper and he did give Lesnar a few good shots. He's really quite a bit guy when you see him live. The other two members of the Wyatt family were at the house show in Atlantic City. That too was okay with me, as out of the four of them, we got the two best ones.

Like I said before, hope they do more of these types of shows, it was very enjoyable.

I liked Roadblock. I think it was a great idea and a nice little filler between Fastlane and WrestleMania.

I agree with half of the results, specifically the non-Title matches. I think all four Championship Title that were defended should have changed hands for one reason or another.

I think Enzo and Cass should have won the NXT Tag Team Championship Titles. I don’t normally watch NXT, and Roadblock was the first time I saw them. I’m convinced that they’re over. I liked their pre-match promo and thought they should have won.

I think Natalya should have won the Divas Championship Title. This would have turned the WrestleMania Divas Championship Title match into a Fatal Four way. They could have always had Natalya drop it back to Charlotte before WrestleMania if they really wanted to.

I think the League of Nations should have won the WWE World Tag Team Championship Titles. Don’t get me wrong, I think New…Day…Rocks…but I think it’s just about time they go after Kalisto, Kevin Owens, and Triple H at the same time. The League of Nations should be a dominant stable in the WWE Universe. To show that dominance, they’re going to need to wear and hold leather and gold.

I think Dean Ambrose should have won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title. Not only do I think Dean Ambrose should have defeated Triple H at Roadblock, but I think Dean Ambrose should have defeated Triple H in a WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title rematch on the following Raw. This would have changed the Main Event of WrestleMania to Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns and free up Triple H to replace the Undertaker in Shane McMahon’s match. This also frees up Brock Lesnar. I would have the Wyatt Family face the new Ministry composed of Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, and Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.

The WWE should do this event again in the future. I don’t think Roadblock should replace Fastlane, as both are themes of the Road to WrestleMania.

I wouldn’t mind seeing more NXT talent featured on main roster shows, but the only NXT talent I want to see featured on main roster shows are the NXT Champion, the NXT Tag Team Champions, and the NXT Women’s Champion, and their respective challengers. I want to see the NeXT big thing, not the NeXT NeXT big thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back