WWE Region, San Diego Subregion, Second Round: (1) Hulk Hogan vs. (16) Jake Roberts

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Hulk Hogan

• Jake Roberts

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WWE Region, San Diego Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the San Diego Arena in San Diego, California.

news_arena280.jpg

HulkHogan.jpg

#1. Hulk Hogan

Vs.

file_187255_7_jake-the-snake-roberts.jpg

#16. Jake Roberts

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Assume that all wrestlers are at full strength after their first round matches.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Hogan in a squash. One of the three top pro wrestlers in the history of the business against a guy who rarely won anything even close to resembling a big match. If this were a mic work/ring psychology tournament then Jake could have made some noise but he shouldn't have even gotten out of the first round here.

I love Jake Roberts, but Hogan wins this one in easy fashion. One of the greatest of all time vs a guy that never really made it above the midcard. I think The Snake should have had his chances at the title, and was way over, but he just isn't beating Hogan in this tournament.

Hogan by far, a media icon, an all time legend, and possibly the greatest sports entertainer of all time against Jake Roberts, who never won anything in his career. This isn't even a difficult decision.

Winner- Hogan after no selling a ddt and then hitting a Big Boot followed by the deadly leg drop.

An easy win for Hogan here. Jake was never a main eventer, and Hogan in his prime ploughed through everyone. He wouldn't have a problem putting away a mid-carder like Jake in this tournament.

It wouldn't be a squaash, Jake is too smart and too wily for that to happen. He'd keep rolling out of the ring, cutting Hogan's momentum but he hasn't got enough in his locker to cause much damage to the Immortal one. Hogan would counter Jake's attempt at the DDT, toss him into the ropes then it's the big boot and leg drop to end it, there ain't no chance Roberts kicks out.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Damn. I wanted Roberts to at least make round three. Oh well. When you look at what both these superstars accomplished through their respective careers there is simply no argument to be made for Roberts. As Naitch said, no squash here as Roberts would hang in and possibly put up a great fight. But in the end, Hogan is too much for the Master of the DDT.

Hogan to Round Three.

No doubt Hogan is the winner here, but it would be far from a squash. Roberts can put up a fight against anyone. Don't act like he's a jobber. Hogan wins in a good match.

Hogan should take this, but just for flavor I'll defend Roberts.

If this came to most influential/highest drawing power, then it would be the same 3 or so wrestlers making it to the final round every year. I feel it's time to break that habit. Sure, Hogan brought wrestling into pop culture, but I ask you this one question for Roberts:

Did he, or did he not have a fucking snake??

Jake "The Snake" Roberts scared the bejesus out of several larger than life superstars with his handling of snakes. Snakes are terrifying. No amount of vitamins or prayers should protect you from a damn serpent.

That and only one of these feller's finishers isn't considered a joke today.

Pretty sure this match happened and Hogan won handily. Hogan's the reason we have this forum, website, and a network dedicated to wrestling.

Jake Roberts' biggest claim to fame is the DDT, having a snake, and a raging alcoholic who kicked his habit thanks to DDP.

Hogan wins with a big boot to both Jake and the Snake, killing the snake and having PETA file a petition to boycott all tournament matches with Hogan in them.

Big Nick is right, if this match was actually played out with both guys in their primes, it wouldn't be a complete squash, rather it would follow the typical Hogan formula. Jake gets some offence, Hogan hulks up, big boot, leg drop. Jake has the snake contingency, but I don't believe Hogan was proven to have a fear of snakes, and I can't imagine Hogan actually being put down for the three count from anything Jake has to offer.

I love you Jake, but the Hulkster moves on.

Just my two cents - this is a feud that should've taken place. Hogan's talents were wasted for several months out of each year with guys like Zeus, Earthquake, and to an extent, Andre (the feud went on far too long). Hogan had small rivalries with some guys, but with heels like Rick Rude, Jake Roberts, Mr. Perfect and Ted DiBiase, Hogan's run could've been even better, if you can imagine that.

Too bad for Jake. I just don't see any way, stipulation matches included, where he takes down the Hulkster.

Supposedly Jake Roberts was turned face in the WWF because he was getting cheered over Hulk Hogan in 1986. I've heard there was going to be a program between the two but it was scrapped after Jake gave Hogan a DDT on the Snake Pit and the fans cheered Jake loudly. I've never seen this and am not sure if it ever made television but I would have loved to have seen that program.

Had the feud gone down I'm certain that Hogan would have gone over Roberts without a problem. If the story is true it really says something about Jake that the WWF had to turn him face to protect Hogan but it's still not enough to give him a win over the biggest name in wrestling history.

Roberts and his move and his snake were extremely popular. But not as popular as Hulk Hogan who is a much bigger success in every way imaginable. Hogan wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back