WWE Region, San Diego Subregion, First Round: (1) Hulk Hogan vs. (32) Ahmed Johnson

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Hulk Hogan

• Ahmed Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, San Diego Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the San Diego Arena in San Diego, California.

news_arena280.jpg

HulkHogan.jpg

#1. Hulk Hogan

Vs.

2406822-ajohnson2.jpg

#32. Ahmed Johnson

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Ahmed Johnson had one good year. It wasn't even a great year. It was a good year. Hulk Hogan had twenty great years and is still generates a buzz thirty years after winning his first WWF title. Hogan is an easy choice here.

I remember Johnson best for being a temporary member of the Legion of Doom and sporting the trademark shoulder pads, and for a segment where Goldust gave him mouth to mouth and he freaked out. He could have been something big but laziness and injuries derailed that. Hulk Hogan has been on cans of Chef Boyardee. I like those raviolis. Hogan gets my vote.

Hogan easily runs away with this one. Like Brain said Johnson had one good year. Hogan is a wrestling God. Quite a mismatch here.

Even if you put Ahmed Johnson in Hogan's era, at best he'd be a mid-card heel who'd get a brief run at Hogan by being associated with someone like Bobby Heenan and succumb to the big boot and leg drop. Then he'd play the 'race card' and end up being fired.

Hogan is the greatest of all time and will barely break a sweat against Ahmed.

Has Hulk Hogan ever punched an Army Officer in the face for being a coward?

No.

Has Hulk Hogan ever starred in a biopic of MC Hammer?

No.

Has Hulk Hogan ever won the prestigious Kuwait Cup?

No.

Has Hulk Hogan ever been in Walker, Texas Ranger?

Well, yes, actually, but so has Ahmed Johnson.

Vote Johnson.

Has Hulk Hogan ever punched an Army Officer in the face for being a coward?

No.

Has Hulk Hogan ever starred in a biopic of MC Hammer?

No.

Has Hulk Hogan ever won the prestigious Kuwait Cup?

No.

Has Hulk Hogan ever been in Walker, Texas Ranger?

Well, yes, actually, but so has Ahmed Johnson.

Vote Johnson.

This is a very compelling argument.

Add in that Johnson was once a member of the Dallas Cowboys, America's Team, and the first every African American singles champion in WWF/E history, you have a compelling case. He also has a degree in criminology, so he can likely be Batman and solve the crime of not only who stole Hogan's signed boots, but also who leaked his sex tape. Hogan would be so grateful, he would lie down for the man.

Plus Johnson's nickname is the Sand Rippa(how hardcore is that) and he was born in my home state. That just may sway me to his side.

Ahmed was an injury prone guy who shouted a lot and had sub-par matches while creating a bit of a buzz for a few months, before turning up as a fat man in WCW

Hulk Hogan is Hulk f'n Hogan, the star of Mr Nanny and an icon of wrestling and moustaches. Nothing more needs to be said.

Im voting Hogan. Why? Because Ahmed Johnson's finisher sounds like it would be the title for a ****e's autobiography. "The Pearl River Plunge- Tales of a working girl"

Also Hogan Hulk Hogan once wrestled a missile & has taken down The Hulk. So there is always that.

PDVD_027.jpg~original

0.jpg

When I had WWF Attitude the video game when I was younger, I thought Ahmed Johnson was actually called 'Our Man' Johnson. He had a great physique and was poised for a big push. That's as much as I can tell you about the hunk of junk across the ring from...

The man who's every Wrestlemania match I remember, who's every catchphrase I know, who's heel turn was the biggest I've ever witnessed, who's face run was more concrete and accepted than any I've ever witnessed. I like that someone got a different name into the tournament this year. But to do that yo have to sneak them on, and that means having them draw big.

You don't get much bigger than Hogan He asks, Whatcha gonna do brother' and before Johnson can decipher if there was any racial connotation to the statement, there's a huge calf coming crashing down onto his chest. Followed shortly by the music of a Real American. Textbook.

Im voting Hogan. Why? Because Ahmed Johnson's finisher sounds like it would be the title for a ****e's autobiography. "The Pearl River Plunge- Tales of a working girl"

Also Hogan Hulk Hogan once wrestled a missile & has taken down The Hulk. So there is always that.

PDVD_027.jpg~original

0.jpg

You forgot to mention he once ripped the door off a car. This locks it up for me. Johnson may be bad, but he isn't bad enough to make a grown man shit his pants. Hogan wins.

[YOUTUBE]0wYs-0EO0ts[/YOUTUBE]

I always liked Ahmed Johnson, and had he not been so injury-prone, he may have had a better career. But would have, could have, and should have don't make for a compelling argument to win any match in this tournament. Nevermind when the opponent is Hulk Hogan.

Hogan is one of the greatest of all-time, and he moves on here with ease. He accomplished all there is to accomplish in every promotion he was a full-time wrestler in, and he even managed to get Sting over in TNA.

All kidding aside, this is a 'blink and you miss it' match. Johnson poses a bit, Hogan hulks up, big boot, leg drop, 1-2-3.

There's one advantage Ahmed has over Hogan: better finishing move. The pearl river plunge was badass, and Ahmed could hit it on bigger wrestlers, due to being pretty strong.

However, Hogan runs away with this match. He's the bigger star, draw, and he was part of so many historic moments. He wouldn't be in a position to be hit by Ahmed's PRP. Plus, Hogan barely ever lost clean. Hogan beat the cream of the crop, and Ahmed would be no different.

Hulkster is the greatest professional wrestler of all time. Is this even a match for him?

Johnson had how many good years in the business? Hulkster has has a few decades, and is still a good draw/pop from the crowd as seen this past month on RAW. I love me some Hulkamania.

Is this a serious question? The coolest thing about Johnson was his finisher name. The Pear River Plunge, cool name. Hulk Hogan, is Hulk Hogan. The most notable thing Ahmed Johnson did was constantly get injured when ever he got pushed. This is a no brainer. Hogan Wins. When I voted it showed Ahmed Johnson with 2 votes. If he gets to 10 that would be a huge morale victory for him. Also if he hits double digits I'll get his face tattoed on my ass cheek. No wait! I take that back I feel like if i agreed to that it would assure he would get to ten. I don't feel like being trolled today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back