WWE Region, Lexington Region, First Round: (6) Ultimate Warrior vs. (27) Jim Duggan

Who Wins This Match?

• Ultimate Warrior

• Jim Duggan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Rupp Arena, Lexington.

An-extravagant-start-for-Kentucky-hoops-QHFOPA5-x-large.jpg

3068692272_8ae06f0e06.jpg

#6 Ultimate Warrior

Vs.

hacksaw-jim-duggan.jpg

#27. Jim Duggan

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Warrior was better then Duggan on any given day.
Duggan was/is great, but the Ultimate Warrior was better.
Hacksaw would lose this match because he just isn't as good.

This is a squash. Duggan would get in a couple moves that Warrior would likely no sell and the match ends in probably 3 minutes with a press slam and a big splash. Warrior was almost unbeatable throughout his career and Duggan doesn't stand a chance.

Duggan won the first royal rumble match yes, but never really had "that match" that everyone remembers which is why my pick is the Ultimate Warrior who has had many great matches like him defeating hulk hogan at WM6

Duggan sucks. He always sucked. Now that we've gotten that out of the way...

This would be an intense, tough brawl... for roughly four minutes. After that, Warrior takes over, completely. He's just too much for Duggan. You think Warrior's an idiot? Duggan is the dumbest man on planet Earth. He makes Warrior look like Ric Flair.

Not much else to say, this is one of the easier first round matches. Warrior, by a lot.

Ultimate Warrior shouldnt be a Six seed, I understand that he ruled the WWE for about a year but he has no mat skills. He might be the worst wrestler in this whole tourney when it somes to mic skills. His shoots were horrible and back then they werent cut live. I would hate to see the takes they didnt show. I think he would lose too 100 of the 128 in this tourney.

However
Duggan is one of the 28. he has almost no mat skills as well.

Squash match here. Warrior would take Duggan's cookies then feed him to his dog. Warrior hits the splash in 90 seconds to get the win.

Total squash match..
Dont get me wrong I always liked Duggan
and he was always entertaining as soon as
his music hit..Only prob is that even though
Warrior was never that good in the ring with
his 4 move set he was dominant inside the
Ring for near 2yrs and held the championship..
You will always remember warrior before Duggan.

I give it a 3min match Duggan starting off on
The offensive but Warrior overpowering within
The first min..
Winner Ultimate Warrior

I feel this probably would be a fairly decent match. I'd give the edge to Warrior on star power alone.

Look, when Ultimate Warrior was dominating the midcard and becoming the successor to Hulk Hogan, Duggan was an also ran. Warrior, I think I'm correct in saying, never lost to another face in his entire career. That is prepostorous. He was more popular than Duggan, and incredibly probably a better technical wrestler. Duggan has never had anything in his life that is 10% as good as Warrior's match with Savage at WrestleMania VII. This is a squash. Warrior wins.

HIIIIIIIII.... Oh.

It's the Ultimate Warrior... and Jim Duggan. You know which name is the biggest, both in wrestling terms and also the amount of letters that are in it. Granted, Jim Duggan won the first ever Royal Rumble and is definitely remembered for his parading with a bit of 2x4, but when you're against Warrior, that goes all out the window.

JS Votes Ultimate Warrior

Duggan is in the ring. Warrior runs down the ramp, shakes the ropes, runs around the ring, clotheslines Duggan, gives him a Gorilla Press, pin, over. Whole match takes 20 seconds. This is a total squash match. I know that Duggan is a legit tough guy, but this is the WWE region, and in the WWE region, the Ultimate Warrior beat frequently beat opponents in time measured in seconds, not minutes. Duggan has no chance here.

sadly, has much as i like Hacksaw jim Duggan, i have to give this match to The Ultimate warrior. That simply based on the position on the card both guys had back in the late 80's. Duggan was a mid card talent while Warrior was a main event star. At one point WArrior was even bigger then Hogan has far as popularity is concern. So this is a no contest for me. Warrior wins this hands down.

Ultimate Warrior by way of squash. I'm not sure Warrior's music would even be cut off. He would run in hit Duggan, splash, pin, and run back to the dressing room.

Im going with the hacksaw for this. He was a hard worker and well respected by other wrestlers for what he did in the ring, Warrior was pushed too soon, had no skill and therefore had zero respect from other wrestlers.

HACKSAW for the win

You guys are doing a lot of down talking, but if this match happened in MSG in 1990, they would tear the roof off the building! Show respect! lol

This match would be interesting and I think it would stretch out longer than most would expect. Between the Warrior's entrance & Hacksaw's USA chant, the crowd would go bananas and the atmosphere would be sick. The chant may even allow Warrior to catch his breath(maybe not, but still). But I could see them doing a test of strength, I could see them matching blows, I see a lot of one upmanship(is that how you say it) that could be entertaining. But either way, Warrior's strength is better than Hacksaw's. Gotta go Warrior.

Finish: Hacksaw gets down in a 3 point stance, which prompts Warrior to do the same. After ramming into each other like Bulls, Warrior finally takes Duggan down, hits the Big Splash, & gets the victory.

Warrior wins here by a mile unfortunately, if it was about who deserved it more or who was the better wrestler, or person, it would be Duggan undoubtedly

Warrior wins in a squash, much like many of his matches in the 80's.

Warrior plowed over many big names, even Andre The Giant NUMEROUS times, someone Duggan never came close to pinning. Sure Duggan was popular but the Warrior was uber popular and is known for beating lower to mid card guys in record time. Plus Warrior was a main eventer, something Duggan never was.

Duggan may get in a few moves but this match would be all Warrior and probably end within 3 minutes.

Warrior for the win.

Sadly I agree this will be a squash match with Warrior winning. Only hope is a double countout

As much as I hate quoting such a lazy, garbage post, he's right.

These two morons could easily fall out of the ring within the first two minutes. They'd brawl around, nailing one another with sloppy, wild hay makers. Meanwhile, Hebner would begin the count, with neither man having a clue.

Warrior still wins, but this is a more likely scenario than Duggan winning.

Wow...No love for Warrior???

Warrior wins this easily. Duggan would land a few big rights, Warrior would answer with some explosiveness, and then Duggan would come back with a 3-point stance into a Gorilla Press. It'd be a 5-minute match, but it'd be fun as hell.

You youngin's need to watch some 80's wrestling and learn yourselves something :)

Neither of these guys are exactly a Rhodes' Scholar, but Warrior has a lot more success than Duggan in his career. Duggan is basically a big dunce who waves a flag a lot. He's really just a loveable character that is able to get a good reaction because of the red white and blue. Warrior won a world title by beating Hogan clean in the main event of Wrestlemania. This isn't close and Warrior wins.

Duggan was one of the more popular wrestlers during his time in the WWF but even that can't save him from the squash that'll be handed to him from the Ultimate Warrior. Ultimate Warrior managed to defeat Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania; that's something that not too many people can say they've done. If Ultimate Warrior can defeat Hogan in his prime, then he can easily hand Duggan's ass to him without too big of a problem.

Bless the brave sole that voted for Duggan. I really wish Duggan got an easier draw, but there's no way he could have got through Warrior. I see this going the way of a traditional Warrior squash - early offense, couple of moves for Duggan, Warrior "hulks up", stiff clotheslines, gorilla press slam, splash, 1-2-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back