WWE Region, Boston Region, First Round: (15) Bruiser Brody vs. (18) Blue Demon

Who Wins This Match?

• Bruiser Brody

• Blue Demon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Boston Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the TD Garden, Boston.

020_td_garden.jpg

bbrody206.jpg

#15. Bruiser Brody

Vs.

blue-demon.jpg

#18. Blue Demon

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This is a tough one, mostly because I haven't seen very much of either of these wrestlers, and know them by reputation only (and watching El Santo movies, which frequently co-starred Blue Demon). That said, if I'm going on what little I know, I'd have to pick Blue Demon. The man is revered in Mexico, beat the equally revered El Santo, and I imagine he'll one day be inducted to the WWE Hall of Fame. Brody, meanwhile, seems to have gained a lot of his notoriety for being a tough guy who was murdered in Puerto Rico. I don't mean to sound flippant, but Demon has a stronger, more positive legacy, in my opinion.

I agree with what ShreddedWheat said to start his answer, as I also do not know much of these two (in fact I can only recall hearing about The Blue Demon once), but I see Brody taking it, only because of his fierce style he is known for. Maybe if I knew more about the two, and simply anything about TBD I would have a well-thought out response, but alas I am going to go with Brody for this one.

Brody would win this match why because he will hit the Demon with such a devastating move that will catch Blue Demon off guard and won't be able to recover.

simply because I barely know of the blue demon Im gunna have to go with brody on this...brody has more name recognition

Blue Demon was a huge star in a region. Bruiser Brody lost to big regional stars then went on to his next destination to do it all over again. I'm not saying Brody isn't great or even that he's inferior to Blue Demon, but it's common knowledge that this isn't a match he would win.

Yes I know the match is not in mexico. That does not change the fact that Bruiser Brody would have lost this match.

Watching Brody was like waiting for someone to snap... i was actually worried for the lives of some AWA stars who wrestled him. Imagine big show snapping a fuse, i imagine it being like that. Bruiser for the win. (Now if it were Bruiser v. Clnl. Debeers...... id choosed Debeers.)

Brody main evented wrestlemania, his size would be too much for The Blue Demon to deal with

Brody has never competed in the WWE, let alone main evented WreslteMania. He is also not that big, as wrestlers go and Blue Demon was renown for his power. Are you thinking of King Kong Bundy? If so, Demon would still win. If not, what the fuck are you on about?

simply because I barely know of the blue demon Im gunna have to go with brody on this...brody has more name recognition

So because you have heard less about him, he's worse? How about if you don't know, don't vote. More people will recognise the name "George W. Bush" than "Thomas Jefferson". Which one is the greater leader though? Exactly.

Look this match is fast becoming symptomatic of the worst things about the tournament. In a nutshell, vote if you know both guys, don't if you don't. Blue Demon is the second most famous luchador of all time. He actually had the beating of El Santo back in the day, and was such an icon in his home country that he scarcely left it, but when he did, it was to win.

Bruiser Brody was brutal, but such a liability that he never stayed with any company for long. I'm at work, so I can't tool about with YouTube, but his behaviour in a cage match against Lex Luger is the single most unprofessional thing I've ever seen in a wrestling match. He never made much of an impact in the US as a result, and certainly not in the WWE heartlands. So the location is irrelevant.

Blue Demon was one of the most charismatic faces of all time, and had a career to match it. He definitely deserves to win against a man who threw away a lot of his chances and has probably lost more loser leaves town matches than anyone in the history of wrestling, including Chris Jericho.

Blue Demon on this one, though Brody has had and Wrestling Observer award named after him I think Blue Demon would be given the hard fought victory over the big man ala Ray Mysterio

Brody. People have to realize that Brody was a beast. He has held several titles and wrestled some of the best ever. He is also very quick for a big man. Brody would win this easily.

I'm going with Bruiser Brody. Blue Demon is definitely the better wrestler. I won't argue against that. But Brody was a sick fuck, and could take anything, and dish out twice as much. Also, aside from Rey, not many luchadors have been successful in WWE rings. It just tips the scales even more in Brody's favor.

Brody main evented wrestlemania, his size would be too much for The Blue Demon to deal with

Uh...what?

It should be Blue Demon. Brody was the guy who lost to the big face. Demon is one of the biggest "tecnicos" (Mexican babyfaces) in Mexico's history. Demon would go over, even in America. Vote Demon.

I went with Blue Demon. Brody is another crazy man and while he's a legend, he's most famous for touring around the country so that he doesn't overstay his welcome. In other words, he's brought in for a big star, such as Blue Demon, to beat so that Demon looks like a big deal. In other words, this match is designed to be won by Demon. When Brody goes crazy, Demon uses his speed to sneak in and win it.

This was hard to call; on one hand you have Brusier Brody, a man who lived Lord Tensai's gimmick, a man so feared and revered that someone actually stabbed him to death. On the other hand Blue Demon could be regarded as the second most popular luchador behind El Santo. I'm sure most people have tried a Full Throttle energy drink; remember the Full Throttle Blue Demon? That was endorsed by Blue Demon Jr, who of course carries his father's namesake and legacy.

Given that this match is in the WWE region, where neither man has seriously competed, I'd bank on WWE booking Blue Demon to go over. Blue Demon defeated El Santo in his prime, who was probably on par with Lou Thesz. Brody had a feud with Antonio Inoki, but never could secure a sound victory over the Japanese legend.

I'm leaning towards Blue Demon, but it's a tough choice.

I'm not the most educated guy about Mexican wrestling but there a certain names that jump out and Blue Demon is one of them. Brody has a great reputation as a madman and a powerhouse but he hasn't acieved the same level of success as Blue Demon. He's probably among the top few names of all time in his country so give me Demon here.

Blue Demon was one of the greatest luchadors of his time and the greatest mexican wrestler of his generation. Brody was a powerful beast, but Blue Demon uses his quickness to beat Bruiser Brody and steal a win

I actually didn't mean to post in here, because the fact is I don't know enough about Blue
Demon to be fair. I do know about Brody, however, and KB's reaction is pretty close to what i'd say. I would like to add that he did draw money, but never for an extended period. I'll go with Blue Demon though, as he is the better worker, and I'll buy that he drew more money in Mexico

When I think of lucha legends, Blue Demon is one of the guys that instantly comes to mind. Brody was a beast but like KB said earlier, he was a guy who moved around a lot and was brought in for the top guys to beat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back