WWE Region, Boston Region, First Round: (10) Nick Bockwinkel vs (23) Sid Vicious

Who Wins This Match?

• Nick Bockwinkel

• Sid Vicious

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Boston Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the TD Garden, Boston.

020_td_garden.jpg

nickbockwinkel3.jpg

#10. Nick Bockwinkel

Vs.

Sid_-_Sidney_Ray_Eudy_01.jpg

#23. Sid Vicious

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I can see this being a very even match-up, but in the end I see Sid taking it due to his sheer power. I'd say about 10 minutes into it he ends it with a powerbomb.

Nick Bockwinkel will win this match it won't be easy and it won't be fair. Sid will beat Bockwinkel down but Bockwinkel will find away to cause Sid to be dq or roll up Sid with a handful of tights or feet on the ropes. Bockwinkel the winner!!!!

Sid is a physical beast, but he isn't a legend of his time like Bockwinkel was. Sid always lost to opponents smarter than him and I see this being another example.

Finish: Sid hits Bockwinkel with the Powerbomb & screams uncontrollably in typical Vicious fashion. Goes for a lazy pin & gets caught in Bockwinkel roll up for victory

Nick Bockwinkel would hand Sid a sound defeat. He was known for finding ways to win and being one of the most intelligent wrestlers to ever step inside of a ring. Sid on the other hand is know for being big dumb and slow. The match would be Booked for Sid to dominate throughout while having Bockwinkel come out with some crazy underdog heel win.

Are you all just not remembering Nick? He was the damn epitome of badass. Guess whos leg cant withstand a figure 4..... thats right folks. Nicky B for the win. Im sure V1 would agree with me.

Sid is one of the few wrestlers to have been a main eventer in both WCW and WWE when they were successful. That shouldn't be ignored, but Bockwinkel dominated a promotion during it's good times, and that's better than merely existing at the top. The main reason Bockwinkel takes this is because Sid is a fucking moron, and Bockwinkel is one of the most eloquent wrestlers ever. Bockwinkel would have Sid in knots before they even started, having basically invented the mind games that have served people like Triple H so well. In the ring, Sid was a big doofus too, and would often do things to jeopardise himself. E.g. ending his career by jumping off the top rope. Bockwinkel would find a way to win this, and it wouldn't be too hard.

I think on wrestling smarts alone Bockwinkel pulls out a determined victory over a very physical sid. I think some of Sid's in ring limitations cost him the victory here.

BOCKWINKEL, BOCKWINKEL, BOCKWINKEL.

For being one of the greatest world champions of all time, Nick Bockwinkel is completely under-appreciated by almost everyone. Sid would be totally out of his league wrestling Bockwinkel. Power is great...but unlike Sid, Bockwinkel can actually wrestle.

Bockwinlkel wins this one due to his ring smarts and not exactly being a slouch in terms of power, Sid will come out like a beast, gas out and get rolled up

Totally Bockwinkel in this one. Sid would start off strong using power moves and just a good ole fashion beat down. Then stamina would take over and Bockwinkel would outsmart Sid, get him in the Figure 4 and Sid taps.

For those of you who know little about Bockwinkel, think of it this way - mentally, he's Ric Flair in his prime, but more physical.

Knew how to get into the head of his opponent. He's the kind of wrestler who would make it deep into this type of tournament (think DiBiase at WrestleMania IV. Not exactly the same, but you catch the point).

As others have pointed out, Sid's an idiot. A great powerhouse, and at first sight is legitimately terrifying. However, Bockwinkel can take a beating, and Sid wouldn't last.

Nick with a cheat to pull out the victory. A grabbing of the tights or rope. He was considered a tough guy back in the day and wrestled bigger men and won.

I have a feeling that Sid will garner votes, based on name recognition, and that's sad. He had a few decent runs, but nothing near the level of Bockwinkel. This won't be a pretty match, with Sid looking lost. If he can't cleanly jump off the top rope, and not break his leg, he won't be able to figure out a pure wrestler like Bockwinkel.

So what we have here is a smart man vs. a crazy man. Bockwinkel is going to be able to take Sid down and break him apart piece by piece. At the end of the day, Sid is really just a big, strong crazy man. Bockwinkel is smaller and not as strong, but he's going to be able to find a way to win here.

It's not going to happen but I wouldn't mind seeing Bockwinkel take this whole thing. I'd like to say I saw him in his prime but I didn't. From what I've learned about him I think he can easily handle Sid. Bockwinkel has the reputation of being the ultimate thinking man's wrestler. Sid has the reputation of being an idiot. Yeah he's big and bad but Sid relies a lot on intimidation. I don't think he'd intimidate Bockwinkel at all. Bockwinkel would systematically take Sid apart.

The voting is too close right now. Don't let a great like Bockwinkel fall in the first round.

Bockwinkel wins this one easily. He obviously wouldn't have the power advantage, but he would chop down the big man and soft him up for the finisher. The longer this match goes, the less likely it would be for Sid to win, and Bockwinkel never lost quickly.

Bockwinkel by pinfall, 22 minute mark.

Here is the real question...would Sid even show up to the match? It's not like the guy, even in his prime, was Mr. Reliable. If this match in any way whatsoever interferes with Sid's softball schedule, it's even money as to whether he shows or not. Bockwinkel might win on a forfeit without ever having to lift a finger.

Sid was shit. From stabbing Arn with scissors to having half the brain that you do, this man really had a less than remarkable career in wrestling. I have very little respect for a man who wears straight up black wrestling boots and jorts to fight a match. How does that fit your character, bro?

And Bockwinkel is an all-time great. Easy decision here.

Sid is a physical beast, but he isn't a legend of his time like Bockwinkel was. Sid always lost to opponents smarter than him and I see this being another example.

This was always an unfair disadvantage to Sid, as he has only half the brain that you do.

And I also agree with the sentiment. Bockwinkel finds a way to outsmart the big man and takes the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back