• Chris Benoit

• Brian Pillman

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Crippler Chris Benoit vs. The Loose Cannon Brian Pillman

The Following matchup takes place in Madison Square Garden, in New York City.

Lumberjack Match: The rules of a Lumber Jack match are simple, no countouts, no disqualification. When a wrestler is thrown out of the ring, the assigned Lumberjacks will throw the competitors back into the ring. The winner will be the first to score a pinfall or submission.

Lumberjacks Include:
Little Guido
Billy Gunn
The Godfather
Brock Lesnar
Kaz Hayashi
Kevin Nash
Nova
Christopher Daniels
Adam Pearce
Carlito
La Parka
Shannon Moore
Ken Shamrock
Rick Steiner

Geez this is a freaking amazing sounding match. I'm not sure what kind of a factor the lumberjacks would make as there aren't that many alleigances or enemies for either wrestler, except for lesnar and benoit from the last round. Based on that, I have to stick with benoit in a masterpiece of a match, winning after a good 25 minutes or so with the crossface.

Quite the collection of random people as lumberjacks I must say.

And as klunderbunker said, this would be an amazing match. One that I'm sure has probably already happened at some point in time.

I want to vote for Brian Pillman. I really do. Brian Pillman is so underrated by the world. This guy helped to bring the modern "Cruiserweight" or "X-Division" style matches to the US with Jushin "Thunder" Liger when no one else was doing it. These guys were years ahead of their time. Seriously, so back and watch those WCW PPVs from the early 90s.

Not to mention The Hollywood Blondes. I've come to love this team in more and more ways with the more old WCW footage I come across. These guys were absolutely brilliant.

But Chris Benoit is just too much of a veteran. Especially if this was against Brian Pillman after his car accident, when he became stiff as allmighty god in the ring. Benoit could exploit that situation in so many different ways, just grabbing Pillman's shattered ankle and twisting on it, or applying the crossface, that I just can't go against Benoit here.

Benoit has good a damn good chance of winning this entire tournament people. Now that would be controversy.

fantastic matchup.
brian pillman is UNDERRATED by wrestling fans in my opinion.
he was WAY ahead of his time.
he is adaptable to any ring and any contest but his best ability was the hi flying moves that make his matches with jushin thunder liger memorable

chris benoit on the other hand is a veteran who HAS accompaished more in his career. he can hold against any man in any ring.

this is TOO tough to call but i can visualize pillman having an argument with the lumberjacks and taking them down with a hi flying dive to the outside.

PILLMAN LOSES FOCUS AND LOSES THE MATCH AFTER A GOOD 25 MINUTES OF SOLID ENTERTAINING TOO AND FRO EVEN MATCH.

benoit with the crossface makes him tap out

For one lumberjack matches in general are pretty shit. So I'm half basing this on real wrestling, and half on the lumberjack stipulation. It would be an excellent wrestling match until Benoit. Who always made foolish decisions during matches (he's like a good Jeff Hardy). He sends Pillman to the outside. The jumps outside. Pillman is wily and manages to get back in the ring. Little Guido, Billy Gunn, The Godfather, Kaz Hayashi, Kevin Nash ,Nova, Christopher Daniels, Adam Pearce, Carlito, La Parka, Shannon Moore, Ken Shamrock & Rick Steiner then beat up Benoit. #1 because he's better than all of them #2 They all want to be the ones who avenge Daniel and Nancy.

Lumberjack matches are indeed shit, and probably will have nothing to do with the outcome of this match. I'm at least glad that Pillman seems to be getting more and more recognition the further we are removed from his death. That's what this tourney is about, getting names out there that today's fans aren't familiar with, and Pillman (along with Liger) are two prime examples of why I like doing this.

I love Pillman, but he's outmatched in almost everyway by Benoit. Benoit has a legit shot of winning this thing. He'll have a gimmick match next round against either Sting or Joe, which I would have to say Benoit should be the favorite, and he could get Michaels in the round following that in a non gimmick match.

For one lumberjack matches in general are pretty shit. So I'm half basing this on real wrestling, and half on the lumberjack stipulation. It would be an excellent wrestling match until Benoit. Who always made foolish decisions during matches (he's like a good Jeff Hardy). He sends Pillman to the outside. The jumps outside. Pillman is wily and manages to get back in the ring. Little Guido, Billy Gunn, The Godfather, Kaz Hayashi, Kevin Nash ,Nova, Christopher Daniels, Adam Pearce, Carlito, La Parka, Shannon Moore, Ken Shamrock & Rick Steiner then beat up Benoit. #1 because he's better than all of them #2 They all want to be the ones who avenge Daniel and Nancy.

Come on Jake. This was suppose to be based on there heydays. This was way before his death. Beniot was liked by all wrestlers whereas Pillman wasn't. The lumberjacks if they had any role are more likely to go after Pillman. This would be a great match but in the end it's the crossface for the victory at the 18 minute mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back