WWE Pittsburgh, Round 2, Match 3: #7 Dusty Rhodes vs. #26 Samoa Joe

Dusty vs. Joe

• American Dream

• Samoan Dream

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dude, it was a Dusty Rhodes voter who brought up the one hour shit to begin with, and you were the one who kept the argument going.

I kept it going because people were comparing ROH wrestlers to Ric Flair, not because I thought the match would go that long.

And the day you show me Samoa Joe losing to a fucking elbow drop is the day I show you Dusty Rhodes eating a salad. It's not going to happen.

Until you can show me Samoa Joe beating a legend in his prime then Dusty should get the victory.

An hour long match is an hour long match, regarldess. I would reckon to say that a ROH hour long match cuts a faster pace then the traditional NWA Iron Man matches, so that would put the favor in Joe's corner as well.

I'm sick, but I voted for Samoa Joe. I know, I can't be feeling well. Essentially everything that Dusty Rhodes is, Samoa Joe is better. The two are virtually identical in their brawling and submission styles, something that Rhodes has never faced off well. Rhodes has done well against the likes of Race and Flair,b ut ultimately in the end, he loses to them. Samoa Joe, while not as good as Flair or Race, has their attributes, plus all of the physicallity that Rhodes would bring to the ring.

I think this would be a rare match that shows you that yes indeed, you don't have to have a steroid created body to be a good wrestler, but ultimately the skinnier version of joe, not the fat sloppy bastard we have now, wins this match.

Until you can show me Samoa Joe beating a legend in his prime then Dusty should get the victory.

Bullshit. That is a real crap arguement, the worst I have seen yet, anywhere on the site.

If this was Harley Race or someone with a defining impact or legacy on the business, then I could understand the hoo haa that you are making but its Dusty Rhodes! A fat plumber, with no real gimmick, only one marketable skill, a guy who lived off his one career feud with the Horsemen that got him where it did. He doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Race or Flair or Steamboat.

Dusty Rhodes was good but is no legend. Don't let WWE revisionist history tell you otherwise.

Bullshit. That is a real crap arguement, the worst I have seen yet, anywhere on the site.

I highly doubt that. And I really don't see what's crap about the fact that Dusty Rhodes has proven he can beat big name talents in their prime, especially considering the fact that he is facing a big name talent in his prime in this match up. Samoa Joe hasn't proven that.

If this was Harley Race or someone with a defining impact or legacy on the business, then I could understand the hoo haa that you are making but its Dusty Rhodes!

Dusty Rhodes beat Harley Race to win his first NWA title.

He doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Race or Flair or Steamboat.

fair enough, but he beat 2 out of those 3 guys.

This ROH bullshit also needs to stop. If these guys were really that great then someone like WWE or TNA would have picked all these guys up. The fact is that most of these guys can put on some great matches, but they lack star power, personality, and they would never be able to draw as a champion in a major company. This is a kayfabe wrestling match, not a 60 minute wrestling clinic. If that were the case then only guys like Ricky Steamboat and Dean Malenko would win matches.

Dude. When are people like you ever going to understand in this damn tournament? Your "star power" and personality don't help in matches. People say "Oh, well if you can get the crowd behind you, it helps.". How? Tell me exactly how it helps. Does it help you learn better techniques? No. Does it help you get stronger? No. Charisma and promo ability cannot help you in matches. Just deal with the fact the some ROH wrestlers are just better wrestlers than a lot of ones in WWE and TNA.

I highly doubt that. And I really don't see what's crap about the fact that Dusty Rhodes has proven he can beat big name talents in their prime, especially considering the fact that he is facing a big name talent in his prime in this match up. Samoa Joe hasn't proven that.

Samoa Joe has beaten Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, and CM Punk. All in their primes. And if you say CM Punk was not in his prime in ROH I'll kick your ass.

fair enough, but he beat 2 out of those 3 guys.

Two wins does not a career make.

Dude. When are people like you ever going to understand in this damn tournament? Your "star power" and personality don't help in matches. People say "Oh, well if you can get the crowd behind you, it helps.". How? Tell me exactly how it helps. Does it help you learn better techniques? No. Does it help you get stronger? No. Charisma and promo ability cannot help you in matches. Just deal with the fact the some ROH wrestlers are just better wrestlers than a lot of ones in WWE and TNA.
Umm, wasn't it when A chant started, Hogan started to Hulk up? The Crowd means a lot, if they are on your side, you can feed off of them. Dusty Rhodes, as fat as he is/was would still beat a guy like Joe. Rhodes has beaten the best, He beat Flair. Who is considered an all time great, he beat Race, who was one of the greatest during his career.

Samoa Joe has beaten Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, and CM Punk. All in their primes. And if you say CM Punk was not in his prime in ROH I'll kick your ass.
Alright, seriously, WTF, Cage, Punk and Angles accomplishments really do not measure up to the likes of Flair or even Race. Cage is nothing more than a glorified mid carder, Punk was on top of a fourth rate promotion, and Kurt Angle is so overrated it isn't even funny.

Two wins does not a career make.
Still, Dusty is groomed for something like this. Dusty on top of his game was just as good as anyone in the business during his prime. Joe on the other hand can't say that. Joe was on top of a fourth rate promotion during his career.

You can say all that shit you want, but it is simple, Dusty is the better "Wrestler"

how or even WHY are ppl voting for joe? is it because hes currently a wrestler, and dusty, who retired in 1991, is not? and for some apparent reason ppl seem to throw out great past time wrestlers like they were nothing special, just because they never did a moonsault? dusty has beaten greats like harley race, and ric flair. thats an impressive feat. hes won 3 NWA world titles, U.S titles, and TV titles. this here is one side and dusty rhodes would pick up the win.

how or even WHY are ppl voting for joe?.

Because he would win this match,plain and simple.

is it because hes currently a wrestler, and dusty, who retired in 1991, is not? .

With that idiotic argument and logic,are you saying people are voting Alex Shelley over Terry Funk.No..They are voting for Joe because he would defeat Dusty Rhodes,nothing to do with who currently wrestles.

and for some apparent reason ppl seem to throw out great past time wrestlers like they were nothing special, just because they never did a moonsault?.

What bullshit!I doubt Bruno Sammartino or Andre the Giant ever moonsaulted,are they being overlooked.No.What the fuck does the moonsault have to do with it anyway?

dusty has beaten greats like harley race, and ric flair. thats an impressive feat. hes won 3 NWA world titles, U.S titles, and TV titles..

And Joe has beaten some good wrestlers too.Arguably the greatest wrestler ever,Kurt Angle, and if we go by the names,he has completely dominated Sting before being screwed out of it.Title reigns, a year and nine months reign as the main man in a pure wrestling promotion.He has been a triple crown champion in TNA,including the longest ever World title reign and a lengthy undefeated streak.We can battle accomplishments all day.

this here is one side and dusty rhodes would pick up the win.
Dusty win.You can say if you want.But one-sided?Please,get real.

THIS IS KAYFABE. not real. if it was real, joe would probably win. but its not, so he'd lose.

And Joe has beaten some good wrestlers too.Arguably the greatest wrestler ever,Kurt Angle, and if we go by the names,he has completely dominated Sting before being screwed out of it.Title reigns, a year and nine months reign as the main man in a pure wrestling promotion.He has been a triple crown champion in TNA,including the longest ever World title reign and a lengthy undefeated streak.We can battle accomplishments all day..

Arguably the greatest wrestler ever? Kurt angle is overrated. He isn't in Harley Race or Ric Flair's league. dominated sting?, but he still LOST TO sting. so because he's held a long title reign in a 3rd rate promotion, thats better than dusty defeating harley race or ric flair for the NWA world title? give me a freakin' break. Now tell me, who did joe beat for the ROH belt that is comparible to Harley race? A lengthly undefeated streak composed of beating mid-carders and wrestlers yet to reach legendary status. some accomplisment. YOU can battle accomplishments all day, but you'll stay losing, because joe's accomplishments are NOTHING compared to what dusty rhodes has done, and who he's beaten.

Dusty win.You can say if you want.But one-sided?Please,get real.

joe IS OVERRATED.regardless of what happens, Dusty STILL Wins this.

I don't quite agree with the idea that Joe vs. Punk, one or two, were going a million miles an hour. That said, Dusty doesn't have what it take to go with a badass like Joe for too long. This would would be 15 minutes tops and not fun if you're a fan of the Big Dust.

Great reasoning

With that idiotic argument and logic,are you saying people are voting Alex Shelley over Terry Funk.No..They are voting for Joe because he would defeat Dusty Rhodes,nothing to do with who currently wrestles.

At least he's attempting to make an argument. All you've said is that Joe would win. I've yet to hear any reasons why.

Joe has beaten some good wrestlers too.Arguably the greatest wrestler ever,Kurt Angle

I'd like to see you try and make that argument. And the TNA version of Kurt Angle is no where near the peak of his career so the win isn't as impressive.

he has completely dominated Sting

Sting is nearly 50 years old so that doesn't impress me at all.

Title reigns, a year and nine months reign as the main man in a pure wrestling
promotion.

I could care less about a long title reign in a glorified indy federation.

He has been a triple crown champion in TNA,including the longest ever World title reign

He definitely doesn't have the longest TNA world title reign. That belongs to Sting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back