WWE Payback: Three Stages Of Hell Match - Ryback VS John Cena [WWE Championship]

I wasn't a fan of the Three Stages Of Hell stipulation. Just seems like overkill to me. The ambulance match was more than enough, but I guess they're going with another screwy finish to help preserve Ryback's momentum and credibility as a threat to Cena.

3 stages of heel is a great match for John Cena vs Ryback, but i dont think Ryback is going to win meaning John Cena will win by some stupid way. WWE is doing this to much with a good match you need a good ending and i dont think WWE will come up with one :banghead:

Ryback will lose again. Now granted things can change and a title could change hands and then change back again within the same month but as usual pre-advertising for the next global tour

John Cena is set to defend his WWE title against Ryback at the RAW world tour in Australia end of July.

Now knowing that i still like the idea of reintroducing the 3 stages of hell tho a Lumberjack match sucks.
Come on give us something worth watching. Obvious Ryback will win atleast one of those falls, they wouldn't have a 3 falls match and only have 2 falls that would just be stupid I'd say the first one which would mirror Austin vs Triple H, Austin won the first fall then Triple H did a major gut check to win the next 2.

Note all 3 of the 3 Stages of Hell Matches were foght by Triple H and he won two out of the three..I loved the Triple H vs Austin 3 stages of hell the best
First i'm gonna break your spirit by pinning you
Then I'm gonna break your body in a street fight
And if by some fluke you survive one of those there's No Way Out.

Three Stages of Hell is one of the few gimmick match ideas they haven't rode into the ground and this doesn't really feel like a big enough feud to warrant it. I get the reasoning though, it's so Ryback can win a fall which I am sure will be the table match so Cena doesn't have to take a pin.

There's zero doubt that Cena will win but I think this has been a successful test run for Ryback as a heel main eventer, even is he doesn't have a great deal of heat at this point, his all round work has improved.

The outcome in a situation like this sin't in doubt. Cena wins. Ryback isn't going to put Cena in an ambulance and then Cena take a few weeks off TV. But that is exactly what'll happen to Ryback. And after a 9 month streak in which he's been made to look very week, a break is exactly what Ryback will need if he doesn't leave this show as the WWE Champion.

Reminds me of the Cena/Kane storyline from last year. A hold off fued until a legit feud comes around. Ryback's seems like he's the "Kane" off this era unless he gets a manager to help make up for his lack of mic skills. Another big guy who gets build up strong against the likes of elite stars but never wins the big one.

I see Mark Henry (or Show) to figure big in this 3 match arc

Ryback will lose the lumberjack match after getting his clock cleared in an altercation with the 'monster' outside

Cena will eat some table in the 2nd match, which always makes my weekend

The 'monster' will re-enter the fray near the closing of the ambulance match,
not sure if they will not finally put the belt on Ryback and see what happens OR if Super Cena will overcome and overcome....

Cena will retain by winning the Tables Match after Ryback wins the Lumberjack Match and Cena in the last deciding fall in the Ambulance Match wins beating Ryback in 3 Stages of Hell henceforth by doing that, Cena will end up facing a new contender for the title at Money in the Bank

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm not sure why everybody thinks it's such a lock that Cena wins. I know he's Super Cena but with everything WWE has done right this spring (From Bryan and the Shield to Ziggler/Big E/AJ and the amazing talent ready to come in from NXT like Bray Wyatt), I find it very hard to believe that they will just crap the bed with Ryback. They either create a new superstar by giving him the title or destroy him for a long, long time by having him come out the loser AGAIN. Considering that having him win really has no affect on the teflon John Cena, I can't fathom why they wouldn't do it.

Think about if he were to beat Cena for the title, then try to finish him off on Raw after he's done talking about "overcoming" on Raw the next night. Send in Daniel Bryan to make the save, getting the biggest pop of the year, and you have two new superstars set to have an amazing summer feud for the title. Give Cena 3 months off to recover from injuries sustained at Payback and you'll even have a fresh John Cena to come back to later (not to mention the real guy John Cena could use a break). His return might even earn him some cheers from non-children if he waits long enough.

This is a huge opportunity to create a superstar without upsetting the apple cart (Cena). I can't fathom why they wouldn't do it.

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm not sure why everybody thinks it's such a lock that Cena wins. I know he's Super Cena but with everything WWE has done right this spring (From Bryan and the Shield to Ziggler/Big E/AJ and the amazing talent ready to come in from NXT like Bray Wyatt), I find it very hard to believe that they will just crap the bed with Ryback. They either create a new superstar by giving him the title or destroy him for a long, long time by having him come out the loser AGAIN. Considering that having him win really has no affect on the teflon John Cena, I can't fathom why they wouldn't do it.

Think about if he were to beat Cena for the title, then try to finish him off on Raw after he's done talking about "overcoming" on Raw the next night. Send in Daniel Bryan to make the save, getting the biggest pop of the year, and you have two new superstars set to have an amazing summer feud for the title. Give Cena 3 months off to recover from injuries sustained at Payback and you'll even have a fresh John Cena to come back to later (not to mention the real guy John Cena could use a break). His return might even earn him some cheers from non-children if he waits long enough.

This is a huge opportunity to create a superstar without upsetting the apple cart (Cena). I can't fathom why they wouldn't do it.

You actually have a great idea but then again knowing how predictable WWE is, they will have Cena retain yet again and why? Because he is super Cena and I am sure they probably want Cena to have a long title reign and that is the reason why most people hate Cena because he is always given the title especially when he doesn't even need it while Ryback for example he has been needing a title reign ever since October but no they have killed his momentum over and over and over again

You actually have a great idea but then again knowing how predictable WWE is, they will have Cena retain yet again and why? Because he is super Cena and I am sure they probably want Cena to have a long title reign and that is the reason why most people hate Cena because he is always given the title especially when he doesn't even need it while Ryback for example he has been needing a title reign ever since October but no they have killed his momentum over and over and over again

Thanks and you're probably right. I'm not an auto-Cena hater but this is silly. He's never going to be MORE over, he is what he is and you can't bury the guy so why miss a chance to elevate somebody thats been built up this far?

If he keeps the title and these rumors about Daniel Bryan are true, I don't know if I can get past it. If they seriously turn the 2 most over guys (3 if you count Punk, even though it was his preference) over the past year, I dont see how you can draw any other conclusion but that it's Cena's wish and he's become Hogan.

20130520_EP_payback_cenaryback_HOMEPAGE.jpg

This is by far the match I am the most interested in out of what is on the card for WWE's Payback 2013 PPV event. We rarely see Three Stages of Hell matches. It is a best 2 out of 3 match with this time around the first stage being a Lumberjack match, the second a Tables match, and the third if needed being an Ambulance match. Even if they only went with one of these three options it still would have generated a good amount of interest from me. It could be the match of the night, given just how intense it could get. It without a shadow of a doubt should be the match that goes on last.

We will be seeing all 3 stages of this match. Why advertise a 3rd stage Ambulance match if it is not going to be used? WWE can't afford to disappoint their fans. That means Cena will win one stage while Ryback wins another, with the Ambulance match finishing up the show as the tie-breaker. I can see Cena winning the Lumberjack match. It would make less sense for him to win the Tables match. That seems to be becoming Ryback's specialty so that should be the stage Ryback wins at. Then in the end Cena will emerge victorious in the Ambulance match and end the show posing with the WWE Championship. I doubt the feud will continue after that. Cena VS Bryan has been talked about for MITB so I hope that is what we see next while Ryback goes into filler feuds to regain some needed momentum.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
John Cena will win the Lumberjack stage.
Ryback will win the Tables stage.
John Cena will win the Ambulance stage.
John Cena retains the WWE Championship.

To "#heel420"...

If this is your first PPV and its in a crowd like Chicago, you will have an amazing time. No matter what WWE events always seem to be great and I've personally never been to a PPV as I live in Liverpool, England but even the Live Events over here are electric.

Regarding the match, It might sound a little 'crappy' but I think if they set it out right it could be a great match. It makes me think if there wasn't the PG Rating, that this would be a right brawl.

There seems like a few good matches, straight forward in a way but when WWE overload a card it just becomes a bore fest, Predictable after Predictable. hoping not tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back