WWE Payback Match Kickoff: Sheamus VS Damien Sandow

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Just noticed on WWE.com that the Payback Match Kickoff (as they referred to it) for WWE Payback tomorrow will be Sheamus VS Damien Sandow. It does not have a thread yet, so here goes.

20130610_LIGHT_payback_PreShow_C.jpg

I'm actually a little disappointed that this will not be a part of the main card. Sheamus and Sandow's promos regarding the intellectual challenges have been quite entertaining. The best was Sheamus kicking the computer to defeat it in "one move". Classic. How is this not on the main PPV card!? Oh well. It should be a pretty good match and could likely be the best preshow match we have seen in quite a while. I can see Sheamus winning. If he's ever going to challenge for another world title then a win over Sandow would make sense. Sandow could use a win too, if they plan on having him win MITB or something, although he still has another solid month to be built up for that as long as he is booked to be strong here despite losing. Sheamus needs the win more and I don't see him being in the preshow again anytime soon. I wouldn't mind this feud continuing through the summer as long as it stays fresh. Sheamus defeats Sandow to get the fans excited for the actual PPV event.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Sheamus will defeat Damien Sandow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about the rest of you? What are your thoughts on this match? Who do you think will win and why? Should it have been on the main PPV card? Why or why not?

Discuss! :)

If this match were on the main card, I would've thought Sandow would have a chance at winning, but as this is on the pre-show there's no way Sandow wins this at all. I thought Sandow was in line for a push when he began this feud with Sheamus, but it's pretty clear now that this is just a filler feud for Sheamus until Ziggler has defeated Del Rio, so Sheamus can move onto Ziggler next or until Mark Henry comes back this Monday, so they can resume their feud. If Sandow were to win this match, I could only see two ways he gets the win, interference from Mark Henry or he uses his intelligence to cause Sheamus to get himself DQ'd, both which I would love to see, but again as this is the pre-show Sheamus is gonna take this one clean and Sandow is gonna slip back down the card into irrelevancy.

How many time have these two faced off on Raw and Smackdown?

Sheamus wins, because this is just going to be another tune up match for him. Although, I don't know what another win over Sandow will do for Sheamus. Hopefully, WWE will decide to put him in the WHC picture after Payback. Sheamus can only tear through and beat up everyone in the mid-card for so long.

So yeah, Sheamus wins. I cling to slim hopes of Sandow picking up the win via a quick and surprising roll up, and running out of the ring afterwards, because he needs it more, but deep down inside, I know it won't happen. Another dominant victory for Sheamus, capped off by a Brogue Kick (or White Noise, I guess) for the 1-2-3.

I loved the build to this match with Sandow's intellectual challenges, but I and everyone else knew the match would go down just like it did. It was just a match to keep Sheamus active while not being on the actually ppv. Sandow should have gotten a one up on Sheamus I think and continued the feud, but I guess that wasn't to be. I think Sandow could actually be a lot more of an asset to WWE if they gave him a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back