WWE Battleground Kickoff: Dolph Ziggler VS Damien Sandow

torres

Dark Match Winner
The match was first announced on the WWE App tonight, followed by having been announced by the commentators on Monday Night Raw.

Damien Sandow's latest promo: http://www.wwe.com/videos/damien-sandow-reacts-to-some-news-wwe-app-exclusive-sept-30-2013-26152328

Damien Sandow said:
The last Mr. Money In The Bank winner, Dolph Ziggler, am I correct?

There's no time like the present. I am the uncrowned World Champion. Dolph Ziggler is a former World Champion. Key word being former. New day in the WWE. The era of Sandow will soon be upon us at a time of my choosing.

Dolph, this is the first time we've ever faced each other and I assure you after Battleground Kickoff, it will be the last time you will ever want to get in the ring with me.

You're welcome.

Dolph Ziggler's latest promo: http://www.wwe.com/videos/dolph-zig...andow-wwe-app-exclusive-sept-30-2013-26152476

Dolph Ziggler said:
A lot of people have said eras of this and eras of that and Sandow is a great speaker. I'm a big fan. I just don't think him or anyone else can do what I do in the ring every single night. So to say something like, "it's going to be at my expense"?

A lot of people have said that, people talk the talk, but the only person who backs it up every night is myself. I think all the superstars agree. I think Sandow is going to be a great World Heavyweight Champion one time and it's gotta be better than I did. But when he cashes that in, it's not going to be at my expense. His era can start after Sunday.

This Sunday I prove a point. There's been a chip on my shoulder for 5 years now and it gets worse and worse every night. And when I go out there to prove something, I'm gonna make him my example. I steal the show this Sunday at the kickoff. Too bad Sandow.

Oh, you're welcome.

Dolph beats Sandow. RVD beats ADR. Sandow cashes-in. New WHC Damein Sandow. Dolph Ziggler becomes the # 1 contender no?? Whatever gets Ziggler back into World Title contention. His feud with Ambrose has been pretty good. Ziggler should have won the 6-Man tag last night though, IMO. Make The Shield look vulnerable after they beat down the Rhodes boys earlier.

Sandow hold a MITB briefcase! Who knew. It's almost like they haven't done anything with him in months. Then again, that's how blue briefcase holders are always promoted.

I suppose he's got to cash in at some point. May as well be Battleground. If he beats RVD I guess that gives Van Dam a feud upon his return.

Can't say that any scenario involving RVD, Del Rio, Ziggler or Sandow is really getting my attention.

What a random match. I'm sure it will be of a good quality but the "kick-off" match should be more exciting then a match we have seen many times before.

I like what "Rhodes2thefuture3313 " said, Ziggler winning; Sandow winning the World Title (not necessarily at Battleground) and a feud between the two emerging. That would be the most logical reason for this match but I suppose Ziggler is popular so having him on the pre-show ensures people tune in.

Maybe they should advertise this match as "Where Did My Push Go?"

It certainly features two guys that have taken different paths to a singles contest at a PPV.

Dolph was seemingly the heir apparent for a long time.....and maybe he still is, after management decides whether he's the guy who will lead the company into the next decade....or not. They've pushed the hell out of him for so long, and even though I felt he was unworthy of being looked at so highly, I figured that once he won the championship from Alberto Del Rio, he had arrived at main event status to stay. Instead, we've seen what's happened to him the past few months.

I expected Sandow to start winning matches in a big way once he began toting the briefcase, but that sure as hell hasn't happened. Instead, there was a short feud against Cody that seemed to accent Cody's face change more than Damien's MITB status. Then, Job City. Go figure.

So, I don't know what they're looking to accomplish with this match. Hopefully, they have something concrete in mind. Either way, it should be a fun contest to watch with two young guys flying around the ring, giving a good show.

Whether it makes a whit of difference who wins remains to be seen.

Man has Ziggler fallen, and they have yet to do anything with Sandow, and this seems like a very random match. I really think Del Rio is going to retain so I don't see Sandow cashing in this ppv, and I think Ziggler will get a meaningless win here that is never mentioned again.

Defeating the former World Heavyweight Champion would be a good way for Sandow to build himself momentum and then go on to win the belt from RVD or Del Rio later on in the night. Even if the WWE don't plan on having Sandow win this match, they could have Sandow get himself DQ'd and take out Ziggler post-match and still build himself some momentum before he cashes in on the PPV. However, I don't see either of those two happening. Even if Sandow does cash in at Battleground, I expect they will make him lose clean to Ziggler cause that's WWE logic for ya. Regardless, we should get a nice kickoff match to get us pumped for the PPV.

this match makes no sense, no build up what so ever. ziggler and ambrose had a feud going but i guess the storyline is over. meanwhile ambrose has nothing for the ppv? this doesnt make me smile it feels like wwe is more interested in pushing reigns than ambrose. and i think reigns needs work. while ambrose is a great wrestler already. the only way i wanna see ziggler/sandow is if this starts some storyline for sandow this whole losing gimmick is bad for business.

This really is a battle of the glorified jobbers, and I don't say that with any pleasure.

I can't recall a match between these two but Sandow has been emulating Dolph's jobbing record and also initially replaced him as Sheamus' punching bag earlier his year.

I think they'll put on a good match that will send the corwd into the PPV proper feeling upbeat, but it wont mean a thing 5 minutes after it's over.

A quick glance at Sandow's win/loss record since scoring the briefcase(or the months prior to obtaining it for that matter), makes predicting a winner here seem far too obvious to expound on.

However, I will say its got to be a fun turn of the cards for Dolph. He held the briefcase for months while spending large chunks of that time basically being relegated to the same type of consistent jobbing that has now become Sandow's existence. At least for his sake he gets this spot to be the guy on the other end of this pointless yet seemingly ever-repeating exercise. Even if it is in the meaningless, thrown-together pre-show match on a meaningless, thrown-together PPV.

It's just a preshow match. Not all matches need a very thorough storyline leading into a PPV. Sandow and Ziggler sold their match perfectly with their two promos. The reasoning for this match is that it puts the current WHC-MITB winner against last year's WHC-MITB winner. They've never faced each other before which also adds to the intrigue. Just enjoy it for what it is. Most of the Kickoff matches as of late have been among the best on the PPV card. The Usos vs Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns was arguably the best tag team match of the year. Dean Ambrose vs RVD for the US Title was great as well.

Remember when Chris Jericho vs Ryback was announced for MITB? They had no prior feud whatsoever going in. They built their feud AFTER the match had already been announced.

I think the problem lies within the fact that the IWC hates having to go onto WWE's website or use the WWE App to watch a FULL episode of Raw or Smackdown. There are some really great promos go unseen because they don't end up on the actual television broadcast. I don't think most people would have a problem with this match if their promos had been seen on television.

Why is this the kickoff match? Shouldn't the Money In the Bank holder get a match on the main card? Oh well. At least they didn't put another US title match as the pre-show event again. I'd rather see Sandow get a match on the main card though.... He needs to continually be built up until it is time for him to cash in.

With that being said, I fully expect Sandow to win this match. Ziggler may have fallen a bit since his World Heavyweight Championship run and his face turn does nothing for me.... but Sandow is the Money In the Bank holder and thus needs the win more. A loss for Sandow damages not only him but the Money In the Bank holder status itself. They always need to be booked strongly.

It should be a good match, they are capable of putting together an above average match. I doubt it will live up to its full potential since it is not on the main card though. The feud probably won't end. I would not mind seeing it continue into Hell In a Cell. Sandow wins and the feud goes on. This really should have been on the main card though.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Damien Sandow will defeat Dolph Ziggler.

Another tough one to predict but in the end I'm going with Ziggler picking up the win here since I feel he needs it a bit more than Sandow.

I go into detail on that in my simulation of the match
[youtube]GknJ9FtzDIk[/youtube]

The Battleground Preshow will contain Former World Champion, Dolph Ziggler going one on one against the Money in the bank Briefcase winner, Damien Sandow. Damien has got a guarenteed World Title shot but first he has to get past the Show off.

Wonder’s Prediction: Dolph Ziggler has proven time and time again to be nothing more then a Midcarder, Damien Sandow however looks like a strong credible heel and I believe he is going to win hear, and win the World Title from RVD later on in the night.

End Prediction: Damien Sandow def. Dolph Ziggler

Man what is wrong with this PPV? At least a half of the matches booked are completely boring ones! As much as I like both men, this match isn't simply PPV quality, it is good for them to see them on a PPV, but is not going to do anything for either men. Not at all interested on this match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back