WWE Payback 2015 General Card & Results Discussion

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Everyone knows the drill; keep all the speculation about matches, potential matches, fantasy booking, etc. in here.

Well the result of a championship match is revealed four weeks even before the match takes place! John Cena vs Rusev in a I QUIT match. We obviously know the John Cena will never gonna lose that match under that stipulation. So the question arises? What's Next for RUSEV AFTER HE YELLS I QUIT AT PAYBACK ?

As far as the Divas division is concerned its gonna be either Naomi or a triple threat match featuring Naomi, Paige and the Champion Nikki Bella..

I wish the King of the Ring tournament finals will take place at the Payback (I wouldn't mind even if its just a Kick-Off show). I want to see BAD NEWS BARRETT winning it. Because he seems so irrelevant now and he's one of the most reliable superstar in WWE right now!

The Main Event probably will be again SETH ROLLINS VS RANDY ORTON. The commentary team has been pushing the fact the RKO was banned at ER not just Randy Orton shouldn't use it!

The rest of the match card I don't wanna predict until tonight's RAW!

Notable Stars I wanna see at Payback
Dean Ambrose
Sheamus
Dolph Ziggler
Luke Harper
Adrian Neville
Lucha Dragons!

Cheers!!

Okay so we all now know that John Cena will defend the United States Championship against Rusev in an "I Quit" Match. I'm looking forward to it, but we all know the outcome. I thought that their match at Extreme Rules should have been the Last Man Standing Match so that they could finish on a draw, leaving it tied at 1-1 still. Then the "I Quit" stipulation makes more sense as they'd have to do it all over again, except this time they have to declare they quit. Makes more sense to me, but either way, it doesn't matter now. I'm hoping for a big swerve, because a third straight loss for Rusev would just quash the "unstoppable monster" gimmick we've been provided.

The WWE World Heavyweight Championship match looks like to me it will be Seth Rollins defending the title against Randy Orton and Roman Reigns. The promo suggests it, but the fact that Kane is seemingly not going to face Reigns now (thank God) leaves Reigns with nowhere to go. This actually makes sense and should be a very good match. Rollins can win in cheap fashion again at the expense of Reigns and it just continues to build heat for Rollins.

It seems to me that Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus have unfinished business. Ziggler won the match but kissed the ass. Surely it doesn't end there? Not that I'm lobbying for the match, but it makes sense. I figured that had Bryan been healthy to defend the title against Bad News Barrett, he would have won, Sheamus could have won straight up, and then the two would meet at Payback. Now that seems unlikely, and it only makes sense Bryan faces Barrett. Potentially Neville could be included? It would be a nice addition and add fuel to Sheamus' quest.

Kane will likely be in a match at Payback. And it will probably be against Big Show. To give Show his due, he performed well at Extreme Rules, but do we want to see this? Kane is surely not going to continue with the Authority much longer, and Big Show will have nothing to do. Just speculation.

The New Day should face Cesaro and Tyson Kidd in their rematch. I hope Cesaro and Kidd stick around as a tag team, they're entertaining and it keeps them revelant. The New Day are building heat and I'm liking it. Naomi should also face Nikki Bella again. Why she didn't win at Extreme Rules I don't know because, who else do they have? Natalya and Tamina, sure, but they're not relevant right now in the divas division, are they? As for Dean Ambrose, the post-match interview suggests Ambrose will be heading elsewhere, although a rematch with Luke Harper isn't out of the question. And Bray Wyatt vs. Ryback is rumoured. Please God no.

Pre Show - New Day vs Lucha Dragons vs Cesaro & Kidd - 12-15minutes

I would love a Lucha Underground style match where 3 men are in the ring at a time. Xavier Woods causes some dodgy finish. We see Kidd & Cesaro vs New Day at MITB

Ziggler vs Sheamus vs Ambrose - 10-12 minutes
I would like to see Ambrose enter this feud due to his elimination from KOTR. This could also extend the feud for another PPV. Maybe Sheamus dominating Ziggler, but Ambrose gets his revenge on Sheamus and picks up the win. Could be a fun way to kick off the PPV

Damien Sandow vs Kane - 6-8 minutes
Kane gets angrier about The Authority situation and bumps into Damien Sandow. Sandow mocks Kane like he did to Axel, Kane then inserts him in a match against him. Sandow picks up his first major singles win in ages and causes Kane to get even angrier

IC Title Vacation
Daniel Bryan is forced vacate his title. King of The Ring winner Barrett enters the rin. Claims he is not only King but also the rightful IC Champion. Enter Neville who mentions his previous win over him. Enter Axelmania, claims he is the greatest IC Champion ever. Enter a surprise return of Chris Jericho. Announced for MITB is Jericho vs Barrett vs Curtis Axel vs Neville for the vacant IC title in a ladder match. Jericho wins and becomes 10 time champ, setting up a summer feud with Barrett before Bryan returns again.

John Cena vs Rusev - 14-16 minutes
Rusev wins, but Cena never actually 'quits'. Rusev makes him pass out or something to that extent. Cena retains as the match was forced to stop rather than him quitting. They are obviously not going to pull the trigger and go all the way with Rusev so this ending would make sense. They have time to sell the Cena match throughout the rest of the PPV.

Divas Match 4-6 minutes
As it will involve the Bella's I am not fussed what happens. Let people go pee and I will grab another beer

Bray Wyatt vs Ryback - 10-12 minutes
Wyatt wins this in a very competitive match. I would like if somehow the Wyatt Family reform, maybe this could be the place to do it?

Seth Rollins (C) vs Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton 20-25 minutes
Rollins picks up the win after Orton RKO's Reigns. Rollins hits his DDT thing on Orton then goes for a Phoenix Splash and the win.

From the way RAW looked like, Payback looks like a continuation of Extreme Rules which is a good thing.

WWE WHC Triple Threat match
Rollins (c) vs. Reigns vs. Orton
Rollins wins after Show returns and costs Reigns the match, leading to another gimmick match between the two at MITB.

Tag Team Championship match
New Day (c) vs. Cesaro and Kidd
Can't have the new champs lose their titles in the first defense, this should continue through MITB.

Divas Championship match
Nikki Bella (c) vs. Naomi
Naomi upsets Nikki for the title.

I Quit United States Championship match
Cena (c) vs. Rusev
Most predictable finish on the card. Cena wins after Lana says I Quit.

Singles Match
Sheamus vs. Ziggler
Sheamus gets the win after losing at ER.

Singles Match
Bray Wyatt vs. Ryback
A much-needed win for Bray as he try to get his momentum back.

IC Championship Match
BNB (c) vs. Neville
*BNB is awarded the championship because Bryan is unable to compete for the second consecutive PPV*
BNB wins. Can't have BNB lose the title in his first defense.

Singles Match
Sandow vs. Axel
Sandow gets the win to get back over as a face.

Can Lesnar please come back already? Another meaningless pay per view that they decided to make even LESS interesting. John Cena vs Rusev IV where Cena will make Rusev look like a fool for the 3rd time in a row. Who said feuding with Cena did wonders again? The guy that gets his ass kicked the whole match, wins and then looks like he went for a walk in the park and is all smiles thus giving his opponent no credibility whatsoever? Yeah Rusev will be a rosebud by the end of summer. A triple threat only for Rollins to escape with a victory in order to protect Orton and Reigns. Also who even cares about Bray Wyatt anymore? They have built him up as an unstoppable monster like 3 times now and damn near every feud he gets swatted away like a fly by his opponent and it's back to square one. His booking is god awful.

I skipped Extreme Rules and it looks like I will be skipping this one as well. There is just no intrigue to Raw or any of these pay per views and I think that was evident the moment Seth Rollins won the title at Wrestlemania and Lesnar went back to witness protection the next night. We are all just waiting on Lesnar so WWE can go back to being interesting again and Rollins will have such boring feuds until then. Add in the fact that as soon as The Authority are back getting their 2 hours of TV time every night, Rollins will be nothing more than a lapdog with him as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion taking a backseat to Triple H and Stephanie.

Can Lesnar please come back already? Another meaningless pay per view that they decided to make even LESS interesting. John Cena vs Rusev IV where Cena will make Rusev look like a fool for the 3rd time in a row. Who said feuding with Cena did wonders again? The guy that gets his ass kicked the whole match, wins and then looks like he went for a walk in the park and is all smiles thus giving his opponent no credibility whatsoever? Yeah Rusev will be a rosebud by the end of summer. A triple threat only for Rollins to escape with a victory in order to protect Orton and Reigns. Also who even cares about Bray Wyatt anymore? They have built him up as an unstoppable monster like 3 times now and damn near every feud he gets swatted away like a fly by his opponent and it's back to square one. His booking is god awful.

I skipped Extreme Rules and it looks like I will be skipping this one as well. There is just no intrigue to Raw or any of these pay per views and I think that was evident the moment Seth Rollins won the title at Wrestlemania and Lesnar went back to witness protection the next night. We are all just waiting on Lesnar so WWE can go back to being interesting again and Rollins will have such boring feuds until then. Add in the fact that as soon as The Authority are back getting their 2 hours of TV time every night, Rollins will be nothing more than a lapdog with him as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion taking a backseat to Triple H and Stephanie.

OH BUT THE CASH IN WAS THE GREATEST FUCKING THING EVER DONT YOU KNOW!! I MEAN, HE CASHED IN!! AT WRESTLEMANIA!! CASHED IT RIGHT ON IN! SO GREAT OMG!!

Yea, mor enthinginess and zero intruige in the main storyline. I was pumped about getting tickets for the show for my anniversary, but between the lackluster build and Baltimore currently looking like Bosnia, I may skip the show and I even have fuckin tickets for it.

OH BUT THE CASH IN WAS THE GREATEST FUCKING THING EVER DONT YOU KNOW!! I MEAN, HE CASHED IN!! AT WRESTLEMANIA!! CASHED IT RIGHT ON IN! SO GREAT OMG!!

Yea, mor enthinginess and zero intruige in the main storyline. I was pumped about getting tickets for the show for my anniversary, but between the lackluster build and Baltimore currently looking like Bosnia, I may skip the show and I even have fuckin tickets for it.

What would be different if Lesnar was still champion? He still wouldn't be on TV. There wouldn't be a title match at this PPV. I don't get the correlation between Rollins winning the title and the dullness of the current storylines. I think they would be worse if Lesnar were still champion.

I think folks need to prepare for a letdown with Rollins' title reign. Everyone seems to be predicting that he'll hold it until Summerslam which is possible I suppose, but I wouldn't be surprised if they put the strap on Reigns at Payback.

I think folks need to prepare for a letdown with Rollins' title reign. Everyone seems to be predicting that he'll hold it until Summerslam which is possible I suppose, but I wouldn't be surprised if they put the strap on Reigns at Payback.

I might have to agree with this. Really thought that Rollins would have had a better run, but it's not really turning out that way. Most of the problem is the Authority I feel, just way to many people involved in his matches. Let the guy wrestle and show what he can do. It's just too damm predictable.

What would be different if Lesnar was still champion? He still wouldn't be on TV. There wouldn't be a title match at this PPV. I don't get the correlation between Rollins winning the title and the dullness of the current storylines. I think they would be worse if Lesnar were still champion.

I know Champ Rollins has been booked as chump, but can you pinpoint why so many are calling it failed so quickly? Rollins as Champion is what most people wanted, wasn't it?

Personally, I don't think the Kane stuff being dragged out is helping Rollins much at this point, as it has made him sort of an afterthought when he should be the main focus coming out of ER...

People could be working towards a shot at Lesnar. They could be working other angles based on personal issues.

Not just lameduck title defense after lameduck title defense.

I might have to agree with this. Really thought that Rollins would have had a better run, but it's not really turning out that way. Most of the problem is the Authority I feel, just way to many people involved in his matches. Let the guy wrestle and show what he can do. It's just too damm predictable.

Well, Triple H and Stephanie have been off TV... I think more than anything the huge focus on Kane teasing a face turn( :banghead: ) has made Rollins into an afterthought.
Kane should have either backed Rollins and the Authority outright at ER or gone full face and allowed Rollins to be The sole focus come last RAW. Sadly, with Daddy and Mommy on vacation, they had to call a Babysitter because RAW can't run without an on-air Authority figure. :shrug:

I know Champ Rollins has been booked as chump, but can you pinpoint why so many are calling it failed so quickly? Rollins as Champion is what most people wanted, wasn't it?

Personally, I don't think the Kane stuff being dragged out is helping Rollins much at this point, as it has made him sort of an afterthought when he should be the main focus coming out of ER...

I think you answered your own question with your second statement. Over the past few weeks, it has been more about Kane vs Rollins, than Rollins against Orton or Reigns. If Rollins and Kane are going to go at it, then they should have done it at Payback. Get it done and over with and move on.

Sorry just saw your reply to me. In answer to that, I just have this to say. Fuck Stephanie and HHH, what do they have to do with it. Just because their not around, his run should be shit.

Rollins had a great Mania moment during the cash in. Why is he feuding with Kane? Does Kane really need him to turn face? Everyone and his brother is after Rollins. Orton for his rematch, Reigns for what he did too him twice now, and don't forget Ambrose. Instead of focusing on these guys, Rollins is butting heads with Kane. it's bullshit. Kane can complete a face turn without having to involve Rollins.

And please stop with the smilies they are bloody annoying.

I'm not calling it failed, I just think people are assuming that he's going to hold the title until Summerslam because that's become the expectation for some reason. Not everyone is going to get a 6 month long title reign.

He's been booked okay I guess. A little unimaginative. I mean, he's supposed to be some sort of opportunist like Edge was yet Edge won matches in very creative fashions, not just having 6 people interfere in all of his matches.

People could be working towards a shot at Lesnar. They could be working other angles based on personal issues.

Not just lameduck title defense after lameduck title defense.

I'm with you on that one... but judging by how the response to Brock's rare title defenses were, I believe most people would rather the lameduck title defenses for some reason.

I'm with you on that one... but judging by how the response to Brock's rare title defenses were, I believe most people would rather the lameduck title defenses for some reason.

There's a happy medium to be had there though. It doesn't have to be either 4 times a year or every single month. Why not every other month? If that's too much work for Lesnar than fuck him, I'm glad they took the title off of him. I get the feeling that he'd be willing to work more though and WWE is just not wanting to pay him.

I'm not calling it failed, I just think people are assuming that he's going to hold the title until Summerslam because that's become the expectation for some reason. Not everyone is going to get a 6 month long title reign.

He's been booked okay I guess. A little unimaginative. I mean, he's supposed to be some sort of opportunist like Edge was yet Edge won matches in very creative fashions, not just having 6 people interfere in all of his matches.

It would be great if he could worm him way out like Edge did, but WWE seems intent on continuing with the Authority stuff regardless, and as I said, the Kane business isn't "Best for Business" now is it?

We've had like 3 RAWs centred around whether or not Kane will turn... It's 2015, why are Rollins, Reigns and Orton getting less focus than Kane is? I think that is a huge downfall in the storyline builds going into these matches.

Scumbag Rollins came out of WrestleMania with a huge target on his back and the likes of Reigns, Orton and Lesnar smelling blood, and now we have Kane...? :banghead: No wonder the title reign is merely okay...

There's a happy medium to be had there though. It doesn't have to be either 4 times a year or every single month. Why not every other month? If that's too much work for Lesnar than fuck him, I'm glad they took the title off of him. I get the feeling that he'd be willing to work more though and WWE is just not wanting to pay him.

It isn't too much work, he was happy to accept extra bookings. WWE didn't want to pay him his rate for said bookings.

It should be more than four times a year, they need to cut him out of more of the build segments and just have Heyman talk for him / tape segments via satellite. If they don't want to pay him, its idiotic to waste appearances that don't involve physicality.

Every Lesnar title defense was a major fucking event when you knew you were gonna see some insane shit.

The Rollins reign, especially starting it off with Randy Boreton, is basically the antithesis of Brock's reign.

I'd say the WWE WHC works:
WrestleMania
MitB
SummerSlam
NoC
Survivor Series
Royal Rumble

6 title defenses would be good enough, whilst the other small PPVs would see the contenders step up to vie for a chance to challenge the Champion.
I also hate seeing the Champion fighting on free TV every week and sometimes twice a week and getting pinned in the process to protect the likes of the Big Slow and Kane.

Everyone knows the drill; keep all the speculation about matches, potential matches, fantasy booking, etc. in here.

I got a feeling Reigns is going to get screwed by Show at Payback. I can't see Rollins winning his match clean. Something has to go down to make Rollins look strong but at the same time not hurt Orton and Reigns's momentum.

I personally think the main event should be 'Rollins Vs Orton Vs Kane' instead of having a solo 'Rollins Vs Kane' match, a Triple Threat involving Reigns or a Four Way including Ambrose. I think a Shield Reunion should be a bigger deal and be a Triple Threat involving the Former Members. Orton's presence waters down the concept and Ambrose hasn't been booked as credible enough.

Reigns shouldn't cut Rollins reign short this quickly, so I don't think he should be chasing the belt until he can win it. Kane's presence would add a new dynamic to the 'Rollins Vs Orton' storyline, especially considering everyones history together as part of the authority. It would also keep 'Kane Vs Rollins' from headlining a PPV.

So far, my issue with Payback is I don't know the majority of the card and the PPV is like a week away. Presumably Ryback Vs Bray, New Day Vs Cesaro/Kidd will happen, but it's still unclear.

Payback should be good. It's good to see they've been building multiple storylines so the card won't look thrown together at the last minute.

I'm curious to see the finish of the WWE WHC title match.

Heading into the last Raw and Smackdown before the event and we only have 2 matches announced. Leaves a lot still up in the air but I would imagine we get something along these lines:

Ryback vs Bray Wyatt: This one seems all but certain and will probably just be the beginning of their story with a rematch of sorts to follow.

Naomi vs Nikki Bella (c): We either get this at payback and a tag match featuring Tamina and Brie the following month or the other way around.

Dolph/Neville vs Sheamus/Barrett: Much like the Divas situation, this will probably be a tag match at this event and then 2 singles matches the following month or the other way around.

I am not quite sure what to make of the tag title scene as I can either see a rematch from extreme rules, or a #1 contender tag match.

Seth Rollins (c) v Roman Reigns v Randy Orton v Dean Ambrose - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

When this match was first made as a triple threat of Rollins v Reigns v Orton, I was pretty confident Rollins would retain. I'm still just as confident with the addition of Ambrose. Brock Lesnar will be back in a month or 2, and the person he promised to get would be Rollins, and he has his title rematch. I don't see Rollins losing till then.

Prediction: Seth Rollins 2/5 (BWin)

John Cena (c) v Rusev w/Lana - I Quit match for the WWE US Championship

John Cena's going to win this as per. He's never lost an I quit match, and I doubt this will change here. They are getting ready to turning Rusev's manager into a "good" one, so she will cost him somehow by accident. Most likely throws in the towel. I'm not including this in my bet as 1/6 is terrible value as Rusev does have a small chance.

Prediction: John Cena 1/3 (BWin)

Bray Wyatt v Ryback

Changed my mind on this match since Luke Harper and Erick Rowan are back together. I think Ryback wins due to interference, so he wins by DQ and the feud continues.

Prediction: Ryback 9/4 (Paddy Power)

The New Day (c) v Cesaro and Tyson Kidd - 2 out of 3 falls for WWE Tag Team Championships

It seems like The New Day have a lot of confidence behind them, and their turn to being bad guys has worked well. I don't see them losing.

Prediction: The New Day 4/11 (BWin)

Sheamus v Dolph Ziggler

Sheamus need this a lot more than Ziggler since he has just returned and lost the first match last month.

Prediction: Sheamus 1/2 (BWin)

King Barrett v Neville

Barrett beat Neville for the King of the Ring the other week, but Neville beat them in their first match. I see them both moving on after this and expect Neville to win this.

Prediction: Neville 13/8 (Paddy Power)

Axel and Sandow v The Ascension - Pre-show Match

The Ascension have failed and have lost nearly every match since February. Axel and Sandow are pretty popular right now so I can't see them losing.

Prediction: Axel and Sandow 2/5 (Sky Bet)

Confidence:

9/10 - Seth Rollins (2/5), Sheamus (1/2), Neville (13/8), Axel and Sandow (2/5)
7/10 - Cena (1/3), The New Day (4/11)
5/10 - Ryback (9/4)

Seth Rollins (c) v Roman Reigns v Randy Orton v Dean Ambrose - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Reigns will keep getting screwed, and I can see Ambrose taking the fall here.
Winner: Seth Rollins

John Cena (c) v Rusev w/Lana - I Quit match for the WWE US Championship

Poor Rusev. Dude can go and has just lost momentum. Hopefully he denounces the nationalist gimmick and goes on a warpath. But with Lesnar, Owens, Corbin and even Joe (if he signs, doubtful), there's too many unstoppable characters.
Winner: John Cena

Bray Wyatt v Ryback
Winner: Ryback, via DQ

The New Day (c) v Cesaro and Tyson Kidd - 2 out of 3 falls for WWE Tag Team Championships
Prediction: The New Day

Sheamus v Dolph Ziggler
Prediction: Sheamus

King Barrett v Neville
Winner: Neville

Axel and Sandow v The Ascension - Pre-show Match
Winner: Axel and Sandow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads