[OFFICIAL] Daniel Bryan returns to the WWE

Alright, I thought it was gonna be Triple H. (stupidly) When Cena said they replaced the Miz I was like "HHH, HHH, HHH" and then.... BAM! It's Daniel Bryan. I was sorta shocked bu then again, he was my second choice. BTW, didn't the 90-day no compete clause already expire?

i went crazy when he returned. i wasn't expecting it at all i thought it was going to be HHH too. And his 90-day no compete clause was until sep. 11.
I think he was never really released.

Im so glad Daniel Bryan is back and I was watching Summerslam sitting in my Chair,I was like no way. I could see Bryan vs Miz at Night Of Champions for the US Title. Welcome Back Daniel Bryan.

I got to say the return being Bryan did catch me of guard in terms of guessing who it was going to be. I figured the likes of Triple H or even a Batista surprise return more likely. Now that its out of the hat i say WWE did a good job keeping it on the low down so well. Other then very little speculation by a few online nobody honestly can say they knew for a fact he was returning tonight. I was overall pleased with the show but i was hoping to see Nexus pull out the victory but i doubt this is the end of them.

When Cena said Miz wasn't on the team, I thought they would of brought Vince out since he got attacked lol. I was surprised. He looked real good. Also Cole is entertaining with his hatred of Bryan. I laughed when he called him a goofball. Definately see him taking the US title from Miz probably at night of champions.

I am so glad to see Danielson back. He's got a feud that seems to be starting with the Miz and is probably hotter than he ever was before in WWE. I can't wait to see where this goes.

For those wondering, rumor has it that he will be allowed to take all of his previously scheduled indy bookings and the 90 day clause only applies to other companies.

i loved bryans return...kept hoping for the moment that john cena tweeted about....i agree with pretty much everyone and hope that bryan defeats the miz for the u.s title so we can see more u.s matches and i hope the miz turns m.i.t.b in and is the first guy to lose...i think miz is the worst idea for a champion and it appears wwe is going down that road.

Surprised by his return in that it happened tonight! I figured that Cena would screw over Dryan, and that would cost team WWE! Let's see where he goes from here!

Hahahaha. Wow.

I have marked out like that one time, and one time only: When I saw him work a dark match on January 4th. You see, I love Daniel Bryan. I love his ring work, his character, his look...you could say I'm a mark for the man.

I had been predicting this for a while, mostly out of desperation and a wish to see him back. I didn't think he'd really return, though, so when he did, I was literally screaming and jumping up and down, running around the house. The friends I was watching with were laughing at me, and by the time I calmed down I was hoarse, but I don't care. I was just that excited.

He's going to go on to feud with The Miz to take his US Title. I called that a few days ago too; you can check in the Wrestling Spam Zone. He'll probably win at Night of Champions, and that'll leave Miz free to cash in his MITB.

Daniel Bryan's return made complete sense, as I had been saying all along. The pieces were all there. WWE just had to put it all together, and by God they did. They even kept it a surprise until the end. Congratulations, WWE. You deserve it. And congrats and welcome back Daniel Bryan!

Who's to say Bryan won't be one of the top guys in the company right along beside The Miz? Bryan can out wrestle The Miz in his sleep. Personally I think the Miz is garbage and is only good on the mic. Nothing more. His wrestling is terrible. But all that a side, I love what the WWE is doing. Push the young talent and keep doing it.
i think Daniel Bryan will be a top guy, i didnt post that, i for one am VERY happy that Bryan is back, I mentioned that he could be back on Monday and was told that i was dreaming basically.

I'm glad Brian made it back, that was the nice swerve. I really didn't see that coming. Too bad, that was the only good thing about the PPV...total crap. Cena going over the Nexus what a wasted build up.

you didn't see it coming? really? his comeback was that suprising when the rest of the match was sooo predictable...cena is a sole survivor...never saw that coming either huh? :banghead:
this ppv sucked...IC match ends with nexus beating up people orton wins by a friggin dq...thank god i didn't pay for this garbage...and you people have the nerve to say tna sucks
if wwe knew what they were doing and really wanted to push him he'd have been the sole survivor beating barrett at the end not cena...i love danielson i watch ROH to see that man work and i was pissed as hell that he did nothing but lose and look weak on NXT when he could outwrestle wwe's entire roster blindfolded...yea glad he's back now he can lose matches on a weekly basis again

I went absolutely insane. I was at Hooters watching the PPV. Like, Cena said we don't need you Miz, I thought HHH. No way in hell did I even begin to fathom that Bryan fucking Danielson was making his return. That just like blew my mind. The whole Hooters went off the wall. They popped, hard. There was a chant and everything. Some older dude was like, "Wasn't he on NXT?" "Dude, he's like the best wrestler ever. Watch this shit. That's the AMERICAN DRAGON!" I marked out hard. That was such an amazing swerve man. Like, greatest return in forever. Greatest swerve ever. It was all perfect. Shit ending, but damn.. Can't wait to see what goes on with the Miz v. Danielson. TNA who?

I noticed he used the crossface to eliminate Darren Young. Will this end up in another 90 day hiatus, because im sure that the crossface has been illegal to use since the Benoit tragedy.

I'd say you are a little misinformed. Bryan was NOT suspended for using the crossface. He uses a variant compared to Benoit's. He was suspended because he CHOKED Justin Roberts with his own tie, and then spat in Cena's face (although no one cared about Cena). But you bring up a good point about the banishment. It was NOT even 90 days. Anybody know what happened there?

I'd say you are a little misinformed. Bryan was NOT suspended for using the crossface. He uses a variant compared to Benoit's. He was suspended because he CHOKED Justin Roberts with his own tie, and then spat in Cena's face (although no one cared about Cena). But you bring up a good point about the banishment. It was NOT even 90 days. Anybody know what happened there?

Was it not 90 days? If that's the case then maybe he was not really fired. Maybe he had a contract where he could wrestle in other companies? Who knows. Either way you knew he was coming back eventually.

jesus christ when john cena said they have a guy who hates nexus and i got pissed off cuz i was rooting for hhh but hhh has nothing to do with nexus so i thought who?and i see daniel bryan and i went insane!!!!all the people at applebees did!!!it was a great match and then miz came down to hit daniel and everyone was like WTF!!!! so yea and then cena took a ddt on the concrete and still beats the best 2 nexus guys????!!!!UNBELIEVABLE everyone at applebbes got so pissed off!!!!!but yet there were a couple off kids there who got happy when super cena won and they were looking at all of us like why are you booing him????any way ppv sucked up to daniel bryan return and then it sucked again when cena won

When John said Miz was being replaced I thought ok maybe HHH, but then Bryan Danielson makes his epic return. And I got to say that I marked the fuck out. Obviously, he was probably never fired and this was the plan all along with the Nexus 7 or the WWE was going to bring Bryan back, but decided to bring him back at SS. I hope the Dragon has a great career in the WWE and becomes the next US champion. Danielson is really my favorite wrestler and I see good things for him in the future (please have a match with Kaval on NXT lol).

I figured Bryan would return for this match, but I was kinda hoping WWE would do a swerve and have him rejoin with Nexus mid-match. That would have at least prolonged the feud a bit longer and give Nexus further legitimacy had they won due to a Bryan double-cross. It'll be interesting to see how much cred the E can give to Nexus since Cena defeated the last 2 guys single-handedly.

Danielson's return really shocked me. I was watching this PPV just like every other PPV because after watching wrestling all my life I can't help but watch even if I know the PPV will suck. Up to the main event the PPV was a 3 or 4 at best IMO. So when Cena said they chose someone else I thought of everyone it could be and Danielson didnt cross my mind once.

Needless to say WWE made me and most of the IWC look like fools. No I'm not one of those people who believe WWE goes around looking at message boards but after this I'm starting to think they do. We all know that when its posted on WWE.com that someone was released, their really gone.

So my big question. Why did they destroy some of their credibility for the shitty ending to the match. There were many options they had. The generic Cena and Daniel survive, Cena turns, Daniel turns, anything that gives the Nexus the win and keeps their momentum going. But No, they do the opposite.

It was great to see Danielson back after all of that unneeded crap, just say he was suspended. But really, not even his return could save this PPV. OBviously he will continue to fued with The Miz and for once I am looking forward to that. But they dropped the ball with his return tonight.

Bryan Danielson and the WWE actually went kayfabe with this. How, you ask? Simple. They played it up as a storyline on WWE.com, he accepted indy bookings, and never bad mouthed the company. It was all a work on the IWC, and it proves that kayfabe can still exist in the 21st century. I liked it.

I was markin out like crazy when I heard that Bryan Danielson was back in the 'E. Heck, I follow the guy's twitter and he hasn't posted any clue at all about this. Way to go WWE. You managed to keep your mouth shut on one big surprise. Now lets see who the hell the Anonymous GM is eh?

I laud the creative for this!!
I only get SS here after a week and I marked out reading the results!!!
I actually re-read the line that said Daniel Bryan!!! Couldn't believe it!!!

Very well done.
However this could've been his moment if they would've let him be sole survivor, with Cena coming in the end doing a little staredown, they both would shake hands and he would raise Bryan's hand.
But still good stuff!!

I couldn't watch the show, but I read the play by plays. No doubt, I would have marked out a lot if I had witnessed it for real. Good job WWE.

I very much enjoyed his work in NXT, it was my first time getting to witness the "Bryan Danielson" experience. I'm sure all of this will lead to a Miz fued as the Miz just seems to be there on RAW and in need of a storyline to get rid of the US title. Insert Daniel Bryan. He'll either fued with the Miz or Nexus. I'm thinking a combination of the two.

Really excited to see what happens frome here. Hopefully, both the WWE and Daniel Bryan doesn't do anything to screw things up.

I was at the Staples Center tonight. I marked out HARD for Bryan. I was even wearing his shirt and a tie! :D

Did it come off well on TV? Most of the people around my seats were quiet or disappointed... :(

Two things though: One, he did bad mouth WWE a little at the actual indy shows, but no one would blame him for that because of how everything went down...

Two, for people questioning the 90 day no compete clause, it's only for other companies who run televised shows. That way, he couldn't take all of his momentum from the E and use it in TNA a week later. It lets him fade away a bit and start over in a way. But why would WWE honor their own clause if it meant making everyone more money? It would make no sense for them to sit around and say, "We really want Danielson back at Summerslam, but gosh darn it, our OWN NO COMPETE CLAUSE hasn't run out yet..."

Hope that makes sense...

Nice to see him back. It really was the most obvious choice. By which I mean the best in a story-telling sense. Hopefully this will squelch the idea of a secret NXT leader, and/or a Cena heel turn. Both of which are just flat out unnecessary at this juncture. The WWE team almost had to win to continue this feud (even though they did it was still down to the wire). If you don't get that, then I'm sorry for you. 7 no-name rookies vs. a WWE Legend/HoF'er and former WWE, World Heavy-Weight, WCW, US, IC, MitB, Royal Rumble, Tag Team, European, Cruiser-Weight, Hardcore, ROH, WWECW etc., etc., etc., Champions. Slow down, and really think about it. Hopefully it will eventually make sense. But I digress...

Anyway, Miz's interference was a great move as it hopefully will slow down the cheers he was starting to receive—as a heel the man should be getting boo'd outta the building—and gets the crowd behind Bryan big time if they do indeed begin a formal program between the two. That said, rather than get distracted with Miz I'd rather Bryan continue to be a big part of the Nexus angle. Even if it does mean he doesn't get a championship immediately. Perhaps he can do double duty? Fingers crossed on that one.

For those confused about the 90 day no-compete clause I always though WWE was free to hire Bryan back at their leisure. All the clause meant was that he couldn't appear on TV for a rival wrestling promotion for 90 days following his WWE termination. In exchange he gets a portion of his down-side guarantee—a severance package of sorts—for those 3 months. Basically WWE pays you to sit at home and let your heat fizzle for a while. In Bryan's case he was allowed to work non-televised Indy shows to: A. supplement his income B. stave off ring-rust so he'd remain in shape for his WWE return.

It's great to see Danielson back. I believe the WWE has worked all of us with this incident. I'm surprised that they were able to keep it a secret for 60 days. This should lead to a feud with The Miz with Michael Cole somewhat involved in the mix. Miz will probably lose the US title to Bryan and go on to the main event. It will be refreshing to see the US title actually be used again. I'm glad Bryan came back, and I'm looking forward to seeing him tomorrow on Raw hopefully. Lets face it, Bryan coming back tonight was the only thing worthy about SummerSlam.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

From a kayfabe POV.

He spit on Cena and kicked him in the head, so what happens? Cena asks him to be on his team, and get this Danielson says Yes?

How does this make any sense? Oh yeah because Danielson had "remorse" and was kicked out of Nexus.

Dumbfounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back