• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE own's WCW, which means they own the WCW PPV's

wwetv21

Occasional Pre-Show
i was thinking of how wwe bought and owns all of wcw and ecw. And relized wwe owns all their PPV's. i dont expects wwe to bring any of the ecw ppv's only because of the pg and how ecw has too extreme, hardore ppv. So why dont they bring back some wcw ppv's. i mean they can really become big and include another wrestlemania, STARCADE!!!! bring back starcade for this years wrestlemania, since the hall of fame will be on wcw themed, and its in atlanta, A WRESTLMANIA 21/STARCADE would be perfect. you can bring back wcw legends, bring back mattches like triple cage, or even have the royal rumble be world war. its perfect and would really excite and atract the old wcw fans. and this would become a great thing for WM 27 since wwe is running out of ideas for something to make wrestlemania big.

WHAT do you think of this idea, and how would you make it big, better and what wcw legends would you bring, and what matches would you like to see.

They already experimented with this with The Great American Bash. It worked well enough before WWE scrapped it for new pay-per-views.

The problem with your idea is that firstly, Wrestlemania is Wrestlemania, WCW-themed or not. WWE is not going to replace it, not even for one year. The farthest they would take it would be to set the design up like Starrcade, but with all the WWE and Wrestlemania logos, which could be cool. Your problem with the matches like Triple Cage and World War 3, well, they suck. Simples as that. They didn't work before and they won't work now.

Now, I wouldn't have a problem with some old PPV's being brought back, maybe replacing Hell in a Cell with Halloween Havoc and moving it closer to Halloween on the year. Or maybe bringing back something like Bash at The Beach in place of Fatal 4-Way or Fall Brawl, along with War Games, for Bragging Rights or Night of Champions, if one of those gets dull, more than likely Bragging Rights.

That is about as far as I'd take it. A nice idea to spice up the PPV schedule, but unlikely and probably won't happen, even mine.

Starrcade, come on, Stupid Idea! Wrestlemania is the Granddaddy of them all, plus Starrcade really wasnt their best, I think Halloween Havoc, was WCW best show of the year. And yes replacing Hell in the Cell with Halloween Havoc is perfect! I have thought of this for years. How bout a Survivor Series/War Games Raw vs smackdown pay per view! WWE really screwed up the names, but the PG Era has really F'up the pay per views, I dont even buy them no more! My friends dont either!

The one problem with your idea is, Vince did not create any of the WCW ppvs, therefor we will not be seeing them any time soon.
I always thought it would've been a great idea to keep some of the old WCW ppv names as well, I also was a fan of Halloween Havoc and would like to see it return as the October ppv.
As for Wrestlemania, it will always be Wrestlemania, no matter how weak the card seems. I don't ever see them getting rid of it or changing the name.

No way would WWE change Wrestlemania to Starrcade, not even for a year. WM is the single biggest show of the year, known all over the world and has too big a legacy to scrap, not even for a single year.

If they were interested in bringing back Starrcade as a PPV, they would do it another month instead, but knowing Vince's lack of interest in all things WCW related, I cant see it happening.

I wouldnt be against seeing a WCW themed PPV in the future however, it would be interesting thats for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back