WWE or ROH- Which one will you be watching?

Which are you going to watch?

• Fatal 4Way

• Death By Dishonor VIII

Results are only viewable after voting.

mreastbay

Dark Match Winner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not sure how many people know this but ROH is actually putting on a PPV on the internet the same weekend as the WWE is doing Fatal 4way. While most of you know what is going down on Fatal 4-Way, not alot of you know the same about Death Before Dishonor, or who is even wrestling on the card. For that matter who these wrestlers are. So instead of comparing the talent, as a whole, involved. I thought I toss out a few reason why it would be more worth your time to order the lesser known event than the one put on by the publicly traded company.

1. Its pretty much a fact that all of the matches will last longer than 10 minutes. When you look at the card, its pretty easy to assume that.

2. Its just $15 dollars. $35 for Fatal 4Way right?

3. No Diva matches..........period.

4. The Steen-Generico storyline is the best one in America this year. Can you imagine a Cena v Orton fued that lasts half a year without them wrestling each other one-on-one once? (Without an injury being a factor).

5. There are no HHH's, Cena's or types like that involved. I mean that in a good way. All the wrestlers are great, and you really dont know who is going to win. Makes the matches that much more interesting. Which was my #6........anyone really going to watch to see if Eve keeps the belt? Didnt think so.

7. The crowd, tho smaller, gets into it big time. No censored chants, genuine reactions to kick butt moves.

8. Its not the WWE or TNA. ALot of people are fed up with both. Blood will be spilled (Steen/Generico, and a no DQ KOR/Briscoes match), there will be good fun chaos (6 man gauntlet match), and most important, there will be great wrestling.

Feel free to add on any other reasons...but these are the top ones to me. Choice is yours.......Davey Richards v. Tyler Black (which could last an hour in itself), or Cena/Sheamus/Edge/Orton. Thanks for reading.

@ mreastbay. Not trying to bash you but it appears that your dick riding Ring of Honor without giving people what the WWE have to offer. Your giving nothing buy negative thoughts on the WWE without giving the negative thought on ROH. I think you should reiterate your post to start this thread by provide both good/bad points of both wrestling organization before you vote. Or you can change the thread to "Why I'm choosing ROH Death before Dishonor PPV over WWE Fatal 4-Way."

actually ROH ppv is on saturday. but anyways, i personally wont be watching either. while i would like to watch ROH im currently unemployed so i cant be spending money. and WWE well i dont care to watch them let alon pay 45 fuckin dollars for it

I have never bought a pay per view event from any company other than WWE but I am going to support ROH this year and order Death Before Dishonor. I eventually download the event for free but 15 dollars is not going to kill me. Although I rarely order even WWE PPVs I am tired of the garbage that they continue to put out month after month. I liked watching pro wrestling for the matches not some stupid storyline that makes not sense whatsoever. I want to see guys tell a story in the ring, without a zamboni, a beer truck, or freakin cement mixer. The wrestlers in ROH bust their ass putting on just phenomenal matches and get very little recognition for it. Matches on a pay per view should be longer than 10 minutes and there is absolutely no reason to have divas matches on a pay per view until these girls learn how to wrestle.

To be honest i think with regards to the "dick riding" as mentioned above that isnt the case, the build up to Fatal Fourway has been pretty awful...im a massive WWE fan and dont miss events but there are a few reasons which are making me want to watch ROH this weekend...

a, the new "branding" of the PPV's for WWE has taken away all the history which may have convinced me to buy a PPV even if the build up hasnt been great. Take for example if this had been "Judgement Day" (and i know its probably not the event which was on at this time) but i wouldve thought to myself, "hey remember the awesome undertaker return" or just remembered other great matches at that event. I honestly cant remember the last decent fatal fourway match in WWE.

b, Death Before Dishonor is being promoted as THE biggest event ROH have had, not just the event of the year but in their history. The lineup is great and ill be very interested to see how well it plays out...Fatal Fourway on the otherhand has been completely overshadowed by the NXT Storyline that it seems they almost forgot to add anything to the PPV other than title matches until monday.

c, WWE's last PPV was hugely forgettable, Viewers Choice was a huge letdown and again the build up has left nothing to show that anything other than the NXT group will be worth watching, for me this just leaves me wanting change, unfortunatly TNA in my opinion dropped the ball with the Slammiversary Main Event which just left a sour note on the rest of the event.

On the whole i will probably watch both as WWE will no doubt improve again over the next few months with hopefully a decent build for Survivor Series and the MITB PPV but Death Before Dishonor just holds more interest for me right now

To be perfectly honest, I can't name a single wrestler in ROH so I would be unlikely to watch it even for free.

Watching entire ppvs on a computer is not very comfortable. A match here or there is one thing but an entire show and your ass will get tired. Ring of Honor usually puts on really long shows as well. I've been a fan of their product over the years but just going by star power alone I'd rather order Fatal 4 Way.

With that said, I'd purchase Death Before Dishonor once it was out on DVD.

ROH is not on the same time...

Put both in the pool and i'll vote that.

ROH is got a great card going and WWE should also be entertaining.

I'm going to ROH's July PPV in Chicago and can't wait.

I'm definitely going with ROH Death Before Dishonor VIII.Not even a choice for me.That WWE fatal 4 way PPV looks extra boring.I'm more excited about DBD to be honest with the way it's been hyped up,and 15$ is a steal.

This show will probably be awesome. But I imagine it will probably be tough to jump into a new promotion without any idea of the storylines or characters, so I'm going to put a whole bunch of effort into catching you all up as best I can.

Tyler Black vs Davey Richards - Tyler Black fought for the last two years to become the ROH world champion. Davey Richards has fought in dozens of five star matches over the last year and is considered by himself and many fans as the best wrestler in the world. But he can't be the best without the ROH title. And Tyler can't be the best without beating Davey. So they will battle for the world title at the iPPV. It's simple, but it works.

Kevin Steen vs El Generico - Steen and Generico were one of the most loved and most decorated tag teams on the American indie scene. They were originally reluctant partners, with Steen being a big fat asshole bully and Generico being a masked comedy act, but as time went on something clicked and they became friends. And then at Final Battle 2009, after years of teaming together, Steen told Generico he hated his guts, and kicked Generico in the crotch and hit him with a steel chair.

You see, Steen felt Generico had made him soft. Not only had he become a smiling baby-kissing goodie-good like Generico, but he also had developed a weakness: he cared about Generico - loved him even. But nobody loved him. During his singles matches, the fans weren't cheering for him, they were chanting Ole for Generico.

So at the iPPV, after months of Generico bottling up his emotions and refusing to fight, and months of Steen egging Generico on. They'll have their first singles match against each other. And it will probably steal the show.

*Note - Steve Corino and Colt Cabana are also involved in this feud, as the man manipulating Steen and Generico's new best friend, respectively, but for the most part, they've just been there as buildup to this eventual match.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/an-open-letter-to-colt-cabana/

Christopher Daniels vs Davey Richards/Everyone Else - Christopher Daniels takes exception to Davey calling himself the best in the world, because he's been working his ass off for 15 years to be the best. So he's come to ROH to prove who the real best is, and is challenging the winner of Tyler vs Davey. In the meantime, he's been beating as many ROH wrestlers as possible. He's beaten Steen and TV Champ Eddie Edwards already, and at the iPPV he's facing the man who has main evented the last two Toronto shows, Kenny Omega.

The Kings of Wrestling Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli vs The Briscoes - The Briscoes lost the ROH tag titles to the Kings of wrestling after some heel trix. Now they want them back. Or they did. But while hyping the match on the TV show, the kings of wrestling began insulting the Briscoes and their family, which prompted their dad who was in the audience to jump the guardrail and attack the KOW. That was a bad idea, as he was quickly beaten down. Now the Briscoes don't care about the belts. It's personal. They want to kill the KOW and now that the match is NO DQ they may get their chance.

Austin Aries vs Delirious - Austin Aries put Delirious out of action and beat up his girlfriend. That pissed Delirious off. Delirious wants a chance at revenge, but Aries has been dodging a match with Delirious any way he can, including applying for a managers license and claiming he wants to focus on managing his stablemates Kenny King and Rhett Titus to tag team gold, rather than continue to wrestle.

Those are the five feuds that have been confirmed for the iPPV, but other storylines could come into play:

Austin Aries/Kenny King/Rhett Titus - Kenny King is a world champion waiting to happen. He has all the talent, charisma, and personality in the world. But currently he's Aries' lackey and is stuck in a tag team with the goofy Rhett Titus. This is just how Aries wants it though, because on his own King would just be one more person between him and his third ROH title reign. But lately there's been tension between the three, as miscommunications on the part of King have lead to Aries losing his world title and other matches. Things are coming to a boiling point and eventually, the group will explode.

Kenny King vs Jerry Lynn - Late last year King tried to make a name for himself by breaking Lynn's neck - ROH should be about young hungry wrestlers, not washed up has beens like Lynn. But Lynn came back and beat King. Only to get put out of action again by King and Titus. Lynn is ready to make another return and this time it's extra personal.

Necro Butcher and The Embassy were feuding for most of 2009 in some very violent brawls. Earlier this year the Embassy's Erick Stevens powerbombed Necro over two chairs and broke his leg. Recently, Necro returned to ROH and to everyone's surprise, joined the Embassy as it's new "Crown Jewel". According to him, Prince Nana (leader of the Embassy) was the only person to call Necro while he was in the hospital and he asked him "What will it take to end this war?" Necro came to realize that being the king of the deathmatch can end his career at any time, and after that he will have no way to provide for his family, so if he can make big money working for Nana and the Embassy now, he should probably seize the opportunity.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/why-necro-why/

Roderick Strong has challenged for the world title more than anyone else in his years with the company. He's also lost each and every time. Regardless, he felt that this was going to be his year. He had been promised the first title shot against Tyler Black, a man he had beaten numerous times during the course of a friendly rivalry they had in 09. But Jim Cornette stepped in and decided that Aries should get his rematch for the title. And then when he asked Black about it things got heated, and their friendly rivalry got less friendly. When Strong finally got his shot at Black's title, it was in a three way elimination match and he was the first one eliminated by the heel trix of Aries. Roderick feels like he's been cheated and lied to since Black one the title, and all he wants is a little truth. Enter Truth Martini. He assures Roderick he can get him a title match and show him his true potential. But only if he does his evil bidding!

Eddie Edwards is the first ROH TV Champion and wants to make sure that only the best challenge him for the title. So he has been issuing open "10-minute Hunt" challenges, meaning that anyone that can last 10 minutes in the ring with him will be eligible for a title shot in the future.

Tyler Black vs Kevin Steen - Tyler Black came to ROH as a heel, but the fans eventually turned him face because he was new and awesome. But then after failing to win the ROH title after trying for a year, they turned on him. He now has the title, and is focused on winning back the fans by being a fighting champion. Kevin Steen recently wrote a crazed letter claiming that just as Steve Corino saved him from Generico, he was going to save Black. He says Black has been dying to regain the audiences approval, but he can't do it on his own. The crowd hates Steen so much, that Steen says he can get them to love Black by destroying him and taking his ROH title.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/i-can-help/

I think that's all of them. You're all caught up. I know I can't expect most/any of you to start following the company, but hopefully you at least enjoyed reading this terribly long post.

If I have convinced you to give them a try, start with the videowires posted below. You'll see the wrestlers cut a few good promos about these very feuds. Then if you like those, check out the show on the 19th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQYM-Ci5B_k&feature=player_embedded
http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/june-15th-videowire/

I just got HDNet, and am FINALLY able to watch ROH every week. I was able to catch their Friday house show in Arizona during Wrestlemania weekend, and have been hooked ever since. Can't wait to watch this show, they have amazing build-up to their matches, especially the Generico-Steen match, and TNA especially could learn a thing or two from them!

OK help me out with this because Im having a hard time understanding this? Why are you coming into a WWE Forum and plugging a Ring Of Honor PPV? Can't you do that in the ROH/Indy Forum? Nothing against ROH I have never seen anything from them but you should be talking about it in there.

No way i'd be watching a PPV on the internet. not to mention the poor quality of the broadcast that is likely, and the amount of bandwidth it would chew up, living in a country that still imposes download limits and relatively slow internet speeds.

If ROH was on PayTV i'd definately watch it,

Nice Plug. I'm pretty sure this violates some sort of rule since there was no mention really of Fatal 4 Way other than the poll.

I am huge marks of both company but I'll rather watch WWE than Roh.

It doesn't mean I like the E better, but it is much easier to buy the event on TV and much more convenient too!

ROH is my company and I'd do just about anything to support them, but I can't handle watching even one match on the computer. I would never order a PPV on the internet. I'll be sure to check the results first thing in the morning as the card looks incredible. Hell, the Steen v. Generico match would be worth the price for anyone who likes to watch matches on their computer.

For me, I'll be doing the usual monthly routine- watching WWE PPV with my peeps.

ROH is my company and I'd do just about anything to support them, but I can't handle watching even one match on the computer. I would never order a PPV on the internet. I'll be sure to check the results first thing in the morning as the card looks incredible. Hell, the Steen v. Generico match would be worth the price for anyone who likes to watch matches on their computer.

For me, I'll be doing the usual monthly routine- watching WWE PPV with my peeps.

I think you can prolly plug your computer into your TV with the right cable

I should prolly stay home Sat. night an watch it but I just don't see that happening, and I definitely not ordering a WWE F4W ppv, I just think the concept is stupid, and outside of the NXT invasion I really don't care what happens, if I had to choose between one I would take ROH in a heartbeat even without knowing what's going on in the company or with storylines in the last 8-9 months

I think you can prolly plug your computer into your TV with the right cable

I'm computer ******ed, remember? I didn't even know you could do something like that. :shrug:

I should prolly stay home Sat. night an watch it but I just don't see that happening, and I definitely not ordering a WWE F4W ppv, I just think the concept is stupid, and outside of the NXT invasion I really don't care what happens, if I had to choose between one I would take ROH in a heartbeat even without knowing what's going on in the company or with storylines in the last 8-9 months

You should definately watch the ROH PPV if you have to choose between them. (Why do we have to choose, anyway?- the shows are on different nights). Steen v. Generico is gonna be epic as will Black v. Richards. ROH has been hyping the shit out of the Black/Richards match and with Davey announcing that he will be retiring within the next year, we may see a new ROH champ crowned.

I am huge marks of both company but I'll rather watch WWE than Roh.

It doesn't mean I like the E better, but it is much easier to buy the event on TV and much more convenient too!

I know im watching Fatal 4 Way. Why not just watch the ROH PPV on a Stream rather than pay 15 Bucks for it?

DBD for me.
Steen vs. Generico
Davey vs. Black
Briscoes vs. KOW
Omega vs. Daniels

What idiot wouldn't watch this?

The idiot who can't afford it, that's what idiot wouldn't watch Death Before Dishonor. My accounts are frozen, so even if I knew of anybody other than Jerry Lynn and Christopher Daniels, I can't. It'll be on DVD or on YouTube eventually, so I'll just wait.

That said, I still watch Raw almost religiously and I watch TNA infrequently, but both shows... they're lacking, IMO. Ring of Honor would be just like me starting with TNA again, I may have watched it at one time, but it's been so long, I know nothing anymore, though I have been looking for a good wrestling show to make up for the crap they're putting out in WWE and TNA these days. :)

After watching every single WWE PPV this year and every TNA PPV, I'm going to say that WWE has severely ruined my taste for another PPV from them. With that said, I am choosing ROH.

Even if I didn't know who they were, the fact that it's $15 as opposed to $45 is a complete deal breaker. The way I see it, if I'm going to waste money then I'd waste it on the least expensive. We're in a recession damnit, I don't have $45 to waste willingly!

Fortunately, I DO love ROH and the fact that this is finally Davie Richards' night to be crowned ROH World Champion. The guy is a beast and I've always been a fan of his. He's currently the underdog in ROH, however, he's also the man who everyone puts money on.

Not to mention the fact that I'm getting a solid one on one classical match for the World title in the main event makes my decision a lot simpler. ROH spares their match types, and they do it the right way.

I can't wait for tomorrow night. ROH Death before Dishonor is going to be fucking amazing!

HOWEVER! I will be watching Fatal Four Way for two reasons... 1. I want to see CM Punk become a four time Straight Edge World champion and 2. I want to see Sheamus become a two time WWE Champion in six months time. I just won't be buying the PPV, but I will be going over to my friend's house to watch it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back