WWE NoC 2010 - General Discussion and Aftermath Thread

KKKKwe

Occasional Pre-Show
196211_lg.jpg

We already know that there is a 6 pack challenge for the WWE Title, Kane vs Undertaker WHC and that Women's/Diva Unification match will be happening but here are my thoughts on what the other matches may be.

1st - WWE 6 Pack Challenge Championship match

2nd - Womens unification title match

3rd - World Heavyweight Title (Kane vs Undertaker)

4th - IC title (Dolph vs Kofi) -If Dolph get DQed or Counted out he loses

5th - United states title (Bryan Danielson vs Miz)

6th - Tag Team Belts - Tag Turmoil or Gauntlet

For the first match I can only see Sheamus, Wade Barrett or Orton winning

2nd Match I'm not really sure and dont care but i'll say LayCool wins and Michelle will hold the womens belt and Layla will have the divas

3rd will have to go to kane to keep him lookin strong and dominant and have the storyline continue

4th I think Dolph will win clean this time and will move on into another fued maybe christian or matt hardy

5th bryan Danielson will win meaning that Miz will be closer to cashing in his briefcase

6th Im not sure but i know it will be a tag turmoil or gauntlet as they havent had this for a tag match since like 07. Hopefully hart Dynasty loses the belts because Im getting tired of them doing nothing with them. They dont even show up on raw unless Bret is there.

Now what do you guys think and feel free to make your predictions on the match card for Night Of champions

For the WWE championship match, I see either Wade Barett or Chris Jericho winning. The reason for this is because this will keep Jericho in WWE, and it would make a good person to drop the belt to The Miz or Wade Barett.

wow, just realised that there's only going to be six matches. that sucks. they better give every match a good amount of time. maybe they could even have a number one contenders match as well? highly doubtful, but an idea i would like to put forward to creative if i could.

anyways...

WWE Championship - Sheamus needs to win this match. His title run hasn't had any credibility, and a win here is needed to make sure he remains a recognised top heel in WWE.

World Championship - Kane is awesome right now, and i really hope he retains. the problem i have is how will they give Kane a clean finish? i don't want to see a DQ or countout. crazy thought - paul bearer returns? :O

IC Championship - nice little feud between Dolph and Kingston. hoping for Dolph to retain so he can take on new challengers like Christian and Matt Hardy who are more than deserving of it.

US Championship - verryyy predictable that we will see a Miz/Bryan match-up here. great way to get the US title off the Miz and set him up for his main event push. the crowd will pop like crazy when Bryan makes the Miz tap out and so will I! :D

Tag Championships - hoping for a Fatal Four Way match. Hart Dynasty vs. McIntyre & Rhodes vs. Morrison & R-Truth vs. Vance Archer & Curt Hawkins. Archer and Hawkins for the win here. or maybe a tag team battle royale? good way to get people on to the card and fill in the time. :)

Unified Women's Championship - don't care HA! Melina will win.

this SHOULD be a good pay-per-view with the predicted card above, but WWE are known to dissapoint. hopefully they'll come to their senses. :)

WWE Championship- Sheamus needs to retain. His credibility as a champion is on the line in this one. John Cena doesn't need the title back, neither does Orton. Jericho WILL be taking time off, so he will not win either. Its way too soon for Barrett to have the title as well. He needs more build up. An Edge win wouldn't be too bad I suppose but I think WWE will keep the title on Sheamus. With HHH coming back soon, Sheamus vs HHH for the title is the direction I think they are going.

World Championship- Kane undoubtedly will win this. WWE is not going to book this title run poorly. They are booking Taker to look like he is still weak. Kane will win at NOC. If Taker does defeat Kane, I will be very shocked. I don't see Taker winning until Hell in a Cell (which I am not looking forward to another Taker title reign).

Women's/Diva's title- WWE has been booking Melina quite well lately. LayCool always pulls off victories right now and I think this will be no different. Everyone knows Melina is talented and everyone loves her now. I think WWE will put the belts on LayCool to give them even more credibility as champs. Giving Melina both titles won't really add to how great she is. Layla however needs it.

IC Title- Dolph will win somehow. I don't want Kofi getting the title back. I wouldn't mind seeing him do other things than always being in a title picture. Give him a feud with an upper level heel. How about a feud with CM Punk?

US Title- I'd like to see Bryan win. I really would. This feud is too good though. Miz is a future world champion. I don't know if they would put a 10+ year veteran of the indies over the future of the company. Miz will win, but it won't be clean. Look for Bryan to win on a Raw or something like that.

Tag Team Titles- I'm not sure how they will go with this. I'd LOVE to see a 4-way tag elimination match or something like that. I'd book Hart Dynasty vs Usos vs R-Truth/Morrison vs McIntyre/Rhodes. If Truth/Morrison do not win, split them up somehow. I think the Usos would need to win this to keep them relevant and from jobbing on Superstars.

Kane must win his match with undertaker to make him look strong and to draw the fued to Hell in a Cell.

for the WWE championship if Chris Jericho's contract gets resolved let him win the title but have Miz cash in against him that night. If Chris is really leaving then let sheamus get a real victory in this match or let Randy win the title.

the US title make it a triple threat between Miz, Evan, and Bryan with either bryan pinning Evan or Evan pinning Bryan so that the miz doesn't look bad, or have the miz win have him cash in money in the bank and let him hold the us and wwe titles for a week or two.

not sure who will win the divas match probably someone from laycool.

WWE Championship - Sheamus. The match is a real PROVE YOURSELF match. Sheamus needs more things to brag about to be top heel, this match will really help.

World Championship - Kane. Lose to the Undertaker and if you're not someone named Randy Orton, its hard to feud with Undertaker. Especially since Kane keeps going nonstop about how weak Taker is. I think they're trying to bring back bad ass Taker since his career is coming to an end soon and they need a character who they can send off with a proper retirement ceremony.

US Championship - Miz hasn't done squat with the title and with the MITB, I think they're going to try to bring some prestige back to that title with the little time they have left before unifying all titles, so yeah, Daniel Bryan wins. Miz cashes in after 6 pack challenge and gets attacked by Daniel Bryan and he cancels the challenge? It keeps happening, everytime he cashes in, someone interferes.

Intercontinental Championship - I haven't heard anything official between Kofi and Dolph yet. I keep hearing this thing about it being either a triple threat or fatal four way match, need to be sure before making a prediction here.

Womens/Diva Championship - They're trying to UNIFY the title, plain and simple, MELINA wins. Have Laycool win and the title isn't going to be anywhere close to Unified. After all, Melina is the top Diva, this decade's Trish.

WWE Tag Team Championship - No clue, there hasn't even been a match laid out yet, sounds like it's going to be a crazy tag match though.

Not necessarily in this order.

Womens/Divas Title: Want Melina to win, but i could easily see McCool winning, could easily go either way. I still say Melina because she just won the title, and McCool and Layla can still draw heat without the titles.

IC: Either Dolph vs. Kofi, or maybe some type of multi man match to get other guys on the card, like Punk, Rhodes, MCIntyre ETc., either way, Ziggler clean to retain.

US, pretty obvious, Danielson vs. Miz, Danielson going over to win the US Title.

Tage Title: I like the idea of Tag Team Turmoil, having Dynasty drop to perhaps McIntyre and Rhodes, or the Usos.

World Title: Kane vs. Taker, most likely, Kane over dominantly, he hasn't shown any fear of Taker this time around, which makes Kane seem much stronger than his last few heels runs, running from opponents like Khali, I Think Taker will play into this weakness from being taken out by Kane, maybe Nexus gets involved again, but i hope not. Kane NEEDS to go over Clean no matter what.

WWE Title: Jericho vs. Sheamus vs. Edge vs. Barrett vs. Cena vs. Orton: Depending if Jericho resigns, either A) Jericho doesn't resign, someone like Sheamus or Orton, or even Barrett goes over, Jericho takes a leave of absence. or B), what i hope happens, Jericho resigns, Wins the title, and Miz cashes in to win the title. I totally see it going down just like that.

Just a thought, what if this Mystery GM, tells DiBiase that he needs to put his title on the line? Doubt it'll happen, the title is just a prop to show he has alot of money, but who knows, WWE can be surprising..when they want to...
However,

World Heavy Weight Championship Match- Kane, just so he can build on the feud, atleast until Hell in a Cell

WWE Championship Match- Honestly, anyone can win, I find it a little disappointing if Barett loses seeing as he won next and this is his one ppv match, but I don't find him WWE Champ material...just yet, so my vote is on Edge or Orton

United States Championship Match- As everyone above said, Daniel Bryan, Miz needs to lose that title already, who other to defeat him than the man he despises?

Intercontinental Championship- Most likely we'll see Ziggler vs Kingston, but, I don't look forward to that, you have Rhodes, McIntyre, Hardy, Christian, Masters, Finlay(just to list names), MVP, Swagger, all of them, can make for an interesting number one contender battle royal...

WWE Tag Team Championships- All I know, is Hart Dynasty needs to lose it, because they don't get tv time unless Bret is cutting a promo...but yeah, who should win this title? Ehh not sure

Unified Women/Diva Titles- Didn't mean to put this last match, because I'm sure it won't be as bad as everyone makes it seem like it will, I'm not sure who will win, but I guess I'm more for Melina.

This PPV is going to be bad for the one reason that it will put a hold on rivalries like SES vs Show seeing as there is no title involved but who knows, they might throw Punk, Gallows, Show,and Mercury into the Intercontinental title path or tag team

I'm quite looking forward to this PPV it should be good as there are only gonna be six matches (one of which is a diva's match) so they should all be given a good amount of time.

WWE Title - I discussed it in more detail in the match thread but either Sheamus or Barrett need to win this match and if and if Sheamus wins it needs to be clean, he is supposed to be the top heel and he hasn't ever had a clean title defence.

WHC- Kane vs Taker possibly in a casket match, the fued is not ending this quickly so it is obvious that Kane is winning here to further the fued.

Womens match - Don't care

US Title - Bryan/Miz I think Miz to win here as I dont want this fued to end yet they have a really good fued going and to end it here would be a shame, Miz to win through some dirty tactics and DBD to wim next month.

IC Title - Kofi/Ziggles, probably no DQ or something of that nature Ziggler to win here he only recently got the title he shoouldnt drop it just yet.

Tag Titles - This is the only match im not sure about but like the divas match I dont really care.

WWE Championship - Jericho saying he quits WWE if he loses really changes the predictions on this match. I don't think this is Jericho's time to leave WWE but I can't see him holding on to the title. Jericho wins but then Miz cashes in MITB and becomes WWE Champ.

Heavyweight Championship - Kane will obviously win just to build more momentum on his feud with the Undertaker. Kane won't lose it yet.

United States Championship - Miz vs Daniel Bryan is obvious. The feud has been building since SummerSlam. I really hope Bryan wins it, he deserves it and Miz really needs to let it go. It would also be a good place for Miz to cash in MITB during the WWE champ match.

Unification Diva's/Women's Championships - I don't really care. It would be odd for Melina to get such a big push when she just came back especially when WWE always gave LayCool a huge push. My pick would be Melina since I don't want to see LayCool on RAW because they are just too annoying.

Intercontinental Championship - Kofi vs Ziggler would be the match more than likely. They have been through many bad matches ending in DQs. It will probably have some type of stipulation like No DQ to make it more interesting. Ziggler will retain to keep his push but I wish Kofi would get it back so we can stop having to hear Vickie talk.

WWE Tag Team Championships - No clue on this one, I didn't like how on RAW they put random people together for tag teams. It would make sense for Hawkins/Archer or the Dudebusters to be against them or even a triple threat match would be better. It's likely that the Hart Dynasty will lose the titles as WWE isn't pushing them at all. I hope HD retains but they really need to have more matches and more air time to stop the titles from being too dull.

WWE Title - If Jericho works out a new deal before then, I see him winning the match but then Miz cashing in and taking the title. This way Jericho can say hes not leaving because he did win the match he was talking about and he never said he would leave if he lost to Miz. The only thing with that is I don't want Miz to cash in so early. Also if you have him lose earlier in the night to Bryan, how does it look when a midcarder beats someone for the title, and then the person they beat goes on to win the WWE title the same night?

WHC - Kane needs to win this and win it clean. No DQ, no Countout no No-Result. He needs to win clean to make him look like a real monster going into Hell In A Cell with Undertaker. They have played it good so Undertaker doesn't look like shit, but it looks like hes still feeling the pain from when Kane "took him out"

US Title - Bryan needs to win this. After the firing and all that I think Byran deserves the title. The only problem is if he wins you can't just end the fued with Miz by having Miz lose his title then go to the Main Event with his MITB....

Diva/Womans Title - If WWE truly wants to unify the title's then Melina needs to win. If you have LayCool win then you know they will come up with some bullshit reason as to why they are not unifying the belt and instead Michelle gets the Womans and Layla gets the Divas.

Intercontinental - I really could care less about that belt right now or any feuds around it.

WWE Tag Title - I would like to see Dudebusters win this to put them over, or atleast a team from Smackdown so the belt will actually be defended and used. The only thing is, I don't see WWE getting Brett to announce the titles being unifyed and brining them out only to have the Heart Dynasty lose them at the next PPV. Why not just keep them with 2 titles and then when the new team wins them have them unify the belts.

wwe championship 6 pack challange/ i would like orton to win but wade barrett will probably get this one
WHC match/ Undertaker vs Kane,kane will win for sure but hopefully in a clean fashion
women/divas title unification/dont care but melina will win
united states/ Miz vs Danielson obviously and i will love it when Miz taps out to Danielson
intercontenental/ Kofi vs Ziggler no DQ or countouts and ziggler will retain
wwe tag team championships/ The hart dynasty to defend in a fatal four way tag team match against r truth and john morrison, cody rhodes and drew mcintyre, and christian and matt hardy and i have no idea who could win this one

WHC: Kane will win and look awesome in this match.
WWE: HHH will return and cost Sheamus the match. Wade Barrett or Orton will win.
US: Bryan will win and we will finally see a REAL US Champ, not just someone who will carry the title.
Womens: Melina should win here but LayCool might just get the win because McCools status with the company.
Tag: I dont want to see the Usos or Hart Dynasty win. I dont believe either of them would be worth seeing as Champs. Dashing Cody Rhodes and McIntyre get my vote here if it happens.
IC: Dolph will cheat to win and the ref wont see it.

As a lot of people have said, Sheamus needs to retain here as he's yet to have a clean and decisive win as WWE Champion. Unless you want to count that Zack Ryder travesty. There are 4 main eventers in the match that've won a combined total of more than 30 world championships. From what's being said right now, Chris Jericho wants to move on to persue other interests so just have Sheamus get the pin over Jericho. Orton and Cena still look like invincible faces, Wade Barrett can still look good without having won the title and everyone walks away happy. This is the kind of match setting in which guys like Cena and Orton don't have to worry about looking bad if they don't come out on top so don't frig this up Vince.

As for the unification match of the WWE Women's and Divas Championships, I have a feeling that Melina is going to win this one and it'll probably be against Michelle McCool. Melina and Michelle are two of the Divas that are actually pretty good in the ring and can have a good match if they're allowed to. I expect Melina to win and be presented with a new championship the following night live on Raw.

As for Kane vs. The Undertaker, I think Kane needs to win this match and he needs to win it cleanly in order to keep the feud going but to also look like a more credible champion. The storyline with Taker still being sick and weak from being in a "vegetative state" adds a different element to the feud as Taker isn't "The Phenom" right now. He's weak, he's not at 100% so it's perfectly understandable that he loses and the feud continues. Personally, I'd love to see Paul Bearer return with the urn to sort of, eventually, bolster Taker's "powers".

I'd say that Kofi and DZ will have a blow off match at NOC. I'm actually hoping for some sort of gimmick match here as the two have had a large number of standard matches within a brief span of time. I look for Ziggler to retain here and possibly move on to someone else.

As for the tag titles, that's anybody's guess right now. I'd say that The Miz and Daniel Bryan will have a match for the United States Championship. I'd say that The Miz loses the match but I'm not sure if he drops the title. If The Miz get's DQ'd, then I look for Bryan to get a rematch the next night on Raw and win the title there. However, when it's all said and done, I do expect The Miz to drop the title to Bryan.

some people r saying barrett should win, Why? WTF has he done to when anything. He just looked incredibly weak tapping out to John Cena a few weeks ago after all his attacks and rants on the guy. Now all the sudden he wins the title from a guy he just tapped to. Wouldn't make a lick of sense whatsoever. AS far as Kane i don't see him losing. Why finally put the belt on him, and book this fued if he were going to lose a fourth time to the undertaker? Sheamus also needs to win to finally boost the guy up. The rest of the card i don't care about. Depending on how the main matches play out will make this pay per view a hit or miss.

WWE- Sheamus needs the win here for sure just to solidify himself. I'm tired of the b.s endings cause I actually like the whole thing he's got. If Jericho's not actually leaving give it to him, Miz cashes in, Y2J returns for Miz feud, Sheamus stays relevant in feud with Triple H, Cena and Orotn stick with the Nexus to get Barret over.

WHC- Kane wins no doubt. Unless the urn returns to power up Taker, Kane needs the win here for sure.

IC- Dolph retains, Kofi's ME oush could start by him being in higher profile matches. Maybe a Swagger feud to show off what they can really do. Dolph can feud wih plenty of people.

Women's/Diva's- Melina vs McCool is the match I see happening just because McCool is better in the ring than Layla. I think either person could win it. Hoping it's Melina so a heel Beth can come back and dominate again.

U.S- Miz loses to Bryan to go on to the big one. Bryan makes me care about the U.S title again.

Tag Titles- Archer and Hawkins for the win. I like that they actually talk about the titles the way they do, like its the big one because for tag teams it is.

*cough sorry for the rant cough*

Sheamus needs to win, to really have him credible and then have triple h come back either HITC or survivor series, feuding with sheamus for the title.

Laycool may win, but melina just won the title!

I hope Dolph faces Christian or someone, not kofi. I want punk to get the belt.

tag team, hopefully, my dreams will come true with Rhodes and Mcintyre beating the hart dynasty, truth and morrison, and the usos. in a few months have the SES win the belts.

I am 100 percent sure kane will win, the undertaker will loom weak, but get stronger leading up to HITC, maybe having a buried alive match at survivor series to cap the feud. or if he can last long enough, have the brothers meet at wm 27, and have undertaker win and retire.

i want miz to win, i knew since 2008 that miz would be world champ in 2011, but my friends did not believe me.

The show will likely kick off with......

1. Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler in a stel cage math for the Intercontinental Title. ziggler has retained by DQ and countout, says this is the only stipulation that makes sense to ensure that Vickie Guerrero doesn't interfere. ziggler makes kofi pass out to the sleeper, without Kofi having tapped, propelling Kofi into the upper mid-card(due to his refusal to "give up"), and puts this feud to bed. Ziggler retains.

2. Layla vs Melina to unify the womens belts in a lumberjack match. Layla is the rightful champion, and Teddy Long forces her to have to defend the title. Melina has just returned from a long layoff, and Alicia was basically fed to her upon her return. i don't see them killing Melina's momentum here, so she unifies the belts clean with the sunset flip powerbomb to unify the titles after backfired interference from Michelle McCool. This allows Melina to appear on bot shows, and begins the implosion of LayCool.

3. The Miz vs Daniel Bryan for the United States Championship. This belt has been a prop for so long, ad it's time to get it off of him. I don't think he's defended the freakin thing since winning it back from R-Truth in June! Miz submits to the armbar/crossface, which opens up fresh feuds for the US title, as well as propels Miz into the main event picture for good.

4. im going to go outside the lines here, and say the Hart Dynasty vs Ted DiBiase and Alberto Del Rio for the Unified Tag team champions. Yes, I realize theyre not even on the same show, but withSmackdown moving to SyFy in a week and a half after the PPV, I could see them moving some of the mid-carders that have been wasting away on Raw to Smackdown. With both Del Rio and DiBiase being from "rich" bloodlines, they would seem to be a natural fit for a tag team. They "curry" the favor of the anonymous GM by paying him off somehow, and DiBiase and DelRio defeat The Hartsfor the tag team gold due to Maryse interference, as Tyson Kidd taps out to the twisting arm breaker of Del Rio's. This guy is getting a mega-push, and he'll be wearing gold sooner then later. My bet is on NOC's.

5 Kane vs the Undertaker in a casket match for the World Heavyweight championship. After puting his older brother out of commission,WWE hass been teasing a casket match for a long time as Kane has been bringing one to the ring with him seemingly every Friday night and at every PPV. Undertaker proves to be no match for Kane in his still weakened state, and Kane tombstones Taker and rolls him into the casket for the clean win he desperately needs to get to maintain the credibility he's built over the past 4 months.

6. Randy Orton vs Sheamus vs John Cena vs Wade Barrett vs Edge vs Chris Jericho for the WWE title. This match became all the more intriguing when Jericho annonced he was leaving WWE "forever" if he doesn't win the title That being said, I can see him using some sort of heel lopehole to return at a late date. I don't see Jericho winning this match. Edge has lost a step and his "edge" somewhat in muy opinion since turning heel after being drafted to Raw, so I don't see him winning either. Barrett could win the match if his cronies interfere(and I believe they will), but I see them being ineffective for once, and Barrett is unsuccessful in his first title opportunity. He'll win it someday. I think WWE wants to distance Cena from the title picture for awhile, as he's feuded with everyone there is to feud with for the strap That leaves it down to Orton and Sheamus. Orton has been chasing the title for seemingly months now, and continues to get closer and closer, with louder and longer sustained support from the crowd the closer he gets. Orton clears the ring, RKO's Jericho, and wins his 7th world title, and the place erupts. However......

7. The Miz defeats Randy Orton to become the new WWE champion after cashing in MiTB. I know that we all are abuzz with speculation that Miz will cash in at NOC, and Vince hates to have his surprises ruined, but now is the perfect time to pull the trigger. Not only does Miz cash in, but the 'anonymous GM" chimes in making it a "no dq match, and Miz hits the skull crushing finale on the MITB briefcase as we've been seeing him do so often over the past month and a half, and wins the title. Michael Cole is revealed to be the new Raw GM, as he obviously would make a match in Miz's favor, and Cole's been turning into a heel announcer more and more each week. Plus the anonymous GM angle needs to come to an end. The Ppv ends with Miz raising the WWE title in one hand, and Cole raising his other hand.

the scenario i see happening, which would be pretty awesome. Miz retains to DBD. even if he loses it doesnt really matter. think that sheamus will squeak out another victory in the pack challenge. after the match the games music hits and he comes out and destroys sheamus. afterwars we here AWESOME!!!! miz comes out and cashes in and wins the title. when he believs he is on top of the world he turns around into a pedigree. the night ends with HHH standing tall in the ring. i thought it was going to happen at summerslam but it didnt. so NOC would be a great time. this sets up our hhh sheamus rivalry and leaves the door open for miz to fued with whomever they decide for the title

WWE Championship- Sheamus needs to retain. His credibility as a champion is on the line in this one. John Cena doesn't need the title back, neither does Orton. Jericho WILL be taking time off, so he will not win either. Its way too soon for Barrett to have the title as well. He needs more build up. An Edge win wouldn't be too bad I suppose but I think WWE will keep the title on Sheamus. With HHH coming back soon, Sheamus vs HHH for the title is the direction I think they are going.
here's my guess. Sheamus retains his WWE title, hopefully by pinning...Randy Orton. Now, if Triple H is healthy, i see him coming back AFTER this match. If not, it will wait until he's healthy, i see Triple H being the guy to cost Sheamus to lose to.......The Miz.

World Championship- Kane undoubtedly will win this. WWE is not going to book this title run poorly. They are booking Taker to look like he is still weak. Kane will win at NOC. If Taker does defeat Kane, I will be very shocked. I don't see Taker winning until Hell in a Cell (which I am not looking forward to another Taker title reign).
Kane will win this and have another match later where sadly, Undertaker wins it and my hope is that Undertaker's run is VERY short, hopefully losing his title to Alex Riley.

Women's/Diva's title- WWE has been booking Melina quite well lately. LayCool always pulls off victories right now and I think this will be no different. Everyone knows Melina is talented and everyone loves her now. I think WWE will put the belts on LayCool to give them even more credibility as champs. Giving Melina both titles won't really add to how great she is. Layla however needs it.
this is the match i dont care about. I WANT Melina to win for ONE reason. Layla is NOT good in the ring.

IC Title- Dolph will win somehow. I don't want Kofi getting the title back. I wouldn't mind seeing him do other things than always being in a title picture. Give him a feud with an upper level heel. How about a feud with CM Punk?
this is an easy pick for me, Dolph Ziggler, maybe with the help of Vickie Guerrero and then both go their different ways, maybe Kingston feuds with CM Punk, that would be good, as for Ziggler, I WANT Kaval to come to this show and use his title shot on, Ziggler.

US Title- I'd like to see Bryan win. I really would. This feud is too good though. Miz is a future world champion. I don't know if they would put a 10+ year veteran of the indies over the future of the company. Miz will win, but it won't be clean. Look for Bryan to win on a Raw or something like that.
i think Daniel Bryan HAS to win this title for ONE reason. Miz is a future WWE champion and he could win it at Night of Champions or a month later. He can NOT have two titles as it will hold back a great wrestler like Daniel Bryan. Bryan NEEDS a US title push, so give it to him here, after that, he could have some good feuds with guys like Ted Dibiase or different Nexus members who want gold.

Tag Team Titles- I'm not sure how they will go with this. I'd LOVE to see a 4-way tag elimination match or something like that. I'd book Hart Dynasty vs Usos vs R-Truth/Morrison vs McIntyre/Rhodes. If Truth/Morrison do not win, split them up somehow. I think the Usos would need to win this to keep them relevant and from jobbing on Superstars.
ok, as of now there are no number one contenders. my want is to see a new team emerge. I dont like the Morrison/Truth team, just not fun. I HATE teaming Rhodes up because i think he's got future singles champion wrote all over him. I have two tag teams in mind that i would like to see. One of them is two Nexus members vs. the Harts. If it is two Nexus guys, have it be Tarver and Otunga. The other team would be Michael McGuillicutty debuting on RAW shortly and saying he wants a Tag Team title match and have a partner to name later and his partner is Ted Dibiase.

6 Pack Challenge: lots of ways this could go. and a lot hinges on whether or not Jericho is still working for the WWE or taking time off, etc. i could see Jericho winning and Miz cashing in MITB to win the title immeiately thereafter. i could also see Edge winning as he is the ultimate opportunist. i don't see Orton or Cena winning as they're both super over without the title and Cena can feud with Nexus without the title anyway. Sheamus winning would be helpful to his reign as he's only had interference or DQ wins in both runs as the champ. Barrett would be a risky winner, but the WWE might just need to take such a risk. Sheamus could hold the title and feud with a returning Triple H, but that feud could take place with or without the title. for that reason, i pick Edge. he always seems to sneak his way into these kinds of matches for the surprise win. and then he and Orton can finish their feud inside the Cell.

Kane vs. Taker: gotta be Kane here. it should be a clean win and maybe even a dominant win, almost like a glorified squash match. this allows the feud to continue and builds Kane up well. then have them go again at HIAC and maybe even continue the feud to the Survivor Series, where Taker debuted and where Kane buried Taker some years ago. that could be some nice history coming round full circle.

Divas/Women's Unification: could go either way. Melina for sure would be more realistic, but this is pro wrestling and the matches are pre-determined. that said, maybe LayCool keeps the belts so that they can wear one each and continue their mini "unacknowledged" feud with TBP in TNA.

IC Title: how about Dolph vs. Kofi vs. Punk vs. Christian vs. Hardy vs. Swagger? or something to this effect. Dolph could win cleanly by pinning Hardy or something like that and then begin a new feud, maybe with Christian. i think he'd actually look pretty good wearing IC gold. and then this could free up Punk and Kofi to feud. they have the history as former Tag Champs, so that could work.

US Title: Daniel Bryan to win over Miz. not only does this free up the Miz to go for the main event with his MITB brief case, but could you imagine a Daniel Bryan vs. Christian match to unify the IC and US Titles? two internet darlings...? could be pretty amazing.

Tag Titles: Hart Dynasty vs. Dude Busters vs. Gate Keepers vs. Uso's vs. Truth/Morrison vs. SES: i'd like to see lots of teams in this just so that we can see some of them. give more guys some tv and even ppv time. and i'd really like to see the Uso's win this one. i loved how they debuted but they have done little since then. give them the belts and you can have some pretty good feuds with lots of 2nd or 3rd generation stars and teams; Hart Dynasty, Fortunate Sons, Legacy, etc. i'm sure there are more to come as there are quite a few 2nd and 3rd generation guys that are coming in thru nXt as singles guys and could be put into teams to chase the titles.

question: just because this is NOC, does that mean that every match has to be a title match? i know it means that every title will be defended, but couldn't there be more than just title matches? i can't remember from past years if there were more than just the title matches or not.

I think this PPV might actually be a good PPV, unlike the last few.. I hate the Miz, I really think he's so boring in the ring and though his mic skills are great we've HAD people who cut great promos but weren't in the main event and I hope he's one of those because I don't see a guy who used to basically be a jobber and host shitty tv shows going to the main event to rival Orton, Cena, etc. HOWEVER, I look forward to his match against Bryan because this gives Bryan a chance to show off his skills to people who have yet to really hear of him in singles competition and maybe even start his first title run. What better way to do it than against a guy he's been rivaling now for quite some time and at a PPV?

Kane/Taker is another one that intrigues me. Yes it's been done before and yes it should be fairly obvious that Kane will retain (though no one should be surprised, the WWE always keeps us guessing) but I still look forward to the match. Despite their age and size, I shouldn't have to tell anyone how great both are in the ring. I can't stand this stupid 8-year old feud over "who the devils favorite demon is" I honestly feel stupid when I hear them talking about it. Like I honestly feel childish for watching the WWE when they are bickering over that. But I'll live with it, because both are awesome and it's also over the coveted WHC.

I also look forward to the 6-Pack Challenge match to see if Miz cashes in, to see who the 6th member is, and to see if Edge will win (unfortunately...). Also, the Dolph/Kofi match should be a great match as both are terrific in-ring performers and it has to have a clean finish.

I also think the SES ends at NoC and I want to see who the Tag Titles will be defended against.

Now with all that said, what I'm asking is, don't you think this PPV will "probably" and has the "potential" to be the best PPV since Wrestlemania earlier this year? I've been pretty disappointed since WM with the PPV's but this one should be great. If not, what PPV since WM do you think will end up being a better showing?

Is anyone else getting as frustrated as me that NOTHING has even been announced yet for the Tag Titles at NOC??? All they're doing is making the belts have even less credibility by basically saying "There doesn't need to be a feud...we'll just slap something together at the last minute...or even leave it off the card". But then, doesn't that ruin the concept of EVERY title getting defended? Help me out here folks...what am I missing?? :banghead:

I don't think it's that bad that they haven't already announced contenders for the tag team championships. I mean, last time there was an unannounced opponent for an NoC match, Kofi Kingston won the Intercontinental Championship! Who knows, we could get a surprise team come Sunday night. How about Drew and Cody, or some members of Nexus, or maybe even the Gatecrashers since they made their intentions to win the tag team titles known on Superstars a while back.

I'm not going to look at the negatives of there not being a tag team match announced. I'm going to look at the positives of a possible surprise.

ok, unless Smackdown has an announcement, WHO is going for the Tag Team titles!!!!?? This is getting stupid, i mean the Hart Dynasty doesnt have any feud and are basically not even noticed, yet they are the Champs and have to defend to who??? WWE NEEDS to bring the Tag Team Division up, they had the perfect opportunity to either let The SES, the Gatecrasher (Archer and Hawkins), the Dudebusters or even two members of The Nexus to have a Tag Title shot and they havent done a single thing with this match. What are they going to do??? throw two men together and have them win or lose??? They need to do something and hopefully soon the Tag Titles become noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back