WWE New York, Round 3, Match 2: #5 Randy Orton vs. #12. The Ultimate Warrior

Orton vs. Warrior

• RKO

• Warrior "Warrior" Warrior

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think winning a royal rumble, headlining 'Mania and having the most high profile feud of the company against the McMahon's is greater than him beating a man who had already competed twice that night, therefore his prime is with legacy.

Saying that, I don't even think interference matters. Orton gets beaten up, hits an RKO out of nowhere and hits the punt as Warrior stands up. He only jumps straight up after kicking out of a pin. Orton won't try to pin him until after the punt.

The only reason people are calling the interference argument shit is simply because they know it would work, how do you know it would work? BECAUSE IT HAS WORKED IN THE FUCKING PAST!!!!,

Right, just so we're straight interferance beat Warrior three times in his whole career. One time was Bobby Heenan who was the best at distracting anybody in the business ever, Warrior learned from it, and when he entered his prime, he didn't make the same mistake again, and beat Heenan's guy. The next time was when Sherri and Savage got him with the sceptre. Firstly, they had to come in twice. Secondly, Warrior is a face and therefore cannot hit a woman, and Savage hid behind Sherri. To my knowledge neither Ted DiBiase nor Cody Rhodes have a vagina, so that shouln't be an issue. The final time he was beaten by intererence, it was when the entire nWo jumped him. As far as I'm aware Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes are only two people, whereas the nWo are considerably more than that.

Anybody else who has tried to interfere, be it Rick Rude, The Giant or scores of other people have been chased away from the ring, before Warrior returns to victory. Paul Bearer summoning the power of the urn didn't keep him down. As far as I'm aware neither Cody Rhodes nor Ted DiBiase can summon the power of the dead.

Even to interfere successfully in a match with Warrior, you have to be a fucking megastar or a woman, neither of which Legacy can claim to be. Warrior isn't just somebody who doesn't lose cleanly, he's someone who just doesn't lose.

Add to the fact that Rhodes and DiBiase usually end up getting Orton disqualified, then there is absolutely no case for them here. If HHH can shrug away their interferance, a man ten times as powerful will easily.

Warrior fanatics just can't handle the thought of Warrior losing to modern day wrestler, so the best argument they come up with is Legacy sucks, fuck that shit, yeah they suck but how much skill does it take to distract a face paint wearing clown, and then whack him on the head with something hard and metal?

Quite a lot, as I've exemplified.

The only reason people are calling the interference argument shit is simply because they know it would work, how do you know it would work?, BECAUSE IT HAS WORKED IN THE FUCKING PAST!!!!,

You missed my point dude, the interference argument is shit because if I wanted too I could just drag up some people from Warrior's past and use them to negate Legacy.

Oh yeah! Like I did with Sting, of course it could be Macho Man, just because Legacy are with Orton now, it doesnt make them any more relevant than Warrior's past associates.

Warrior fanatics just can't handle the thought of Warrior losing to modern day wrestler, so the best argument they come up with is Legacy sucks,

In fairness Legacy do suck, but you didnt get my point did you?

If and when Warrior meets somebody better than him, then I'll vote against him. Orton just doesnt cut it.

fuck that shit, yeah they suck but how much skill does it take to distract a face paint wearing clown,

At least Warrior's interesting.

and then whack him on the head with something hard and metal?

Sadly for Randy he's never made it work in the past. If he was any good at cheating he wouldnt lose to everyone would he?

ThePebble said:
I think winning a royal rumble, headlining 'Mania and having the most high profile feud of the company against the McMahon's is greater than him beating a man who had already competed twice that night, therefore his prime is with legacy.

Saying that, I don't even think interference matters. Orton gets beaten up, hits an RKO out of nowhere and hits the punt as Warrior stands up. He only jumps straight up after kicking out of a pin. Orton won't try to pin him until after the punt.

You know thats only ever worked for Randy Orton once, against Sgt. Slaughter. A 59 year old man, oh and John Cena's dad.

You know thats only ever worked for Randy Orton once, against Sgt. Slaughter. A 59 year old man, oh and John Cena's dad.

Seem to remember it happening to put HHH away at No Way Out, you know, the culmination of his biggest push, so therefore his prime.

Seem to remember it happening to put HHH away at No Way Out, you know, the culmination of his biggest push, so therefore his prime.

Do you mean Backlash? If so then that was a multi-man enviroment, Orton's never done it to anyone good in a 1 on 1 match, unfortunately, this is a 1 on 1 match against a guy that was practically unbeatable without help, I dont think that Orton will get that help.

Yeah Backlash, sorry. The reason he has never had to use the punt is because the RKO usually works on people.

We are all in agreement that the RKO will not win Orton the match. Now what we have seen with Orton is when the RKO doesn't work, he connects with the punt. With HHH, a distraction led to the RKO. Between the RKO and the punt it was just the two of them in the ring.

My belief is Orton will use the punt after hitting the RKO and it is also my belief Orton wll get an opportunity to hit the RKO at some point in the match, probably after having a good arse kicking, but nevertheless he would hit it and would punt Warriors head off.

Yeah thats fair enough.

My point is in a 1 on 1 enviroment Orton hasn't proven himself capable of beating most of todays top names, be it Batista, HHH, John Cena, he had to get DQ'd to avoid losing the title to Jericho.

Warrior on the other hand has beaten far more intellegent, sneaky and sadistic heels than Orton in his time. He made a career out of it. It took the entire NWO to beat him, it took a Savage interference to cost him the title. He beat Hulk Hogan in his prime.

Orton on the other hand just doesnt get the job done in singles matches as his fueds and matches with Cena and HHH and his last title reign proved. He lost to Hulk Hogan with dodgy hips.

On that evidence Warrior takes it for me with the Gorrila Press and Splash and thats why you should vote for him.

I have to give this one to The Ultimate Warrior. It's not even nearly as close as people think, and I'm a bit shocked that people are even making this one close.

The Warrior, in his prime kayfabe height, was beaten by two wrestlers. Two. Rick Rude, which involved cheating from Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, and Sgt. Slaughter, with an assist from The Macho King, Randy Savage. This man, in his prime, beat the following wrestlers:

Hulk Hogan
Andre The Giant
The Undertaker
Ted Dibiase
Honky Tonk Man (in less than thirty seconds, mind you)
Macho Man Randy Savage

And I could have many matches to prove the Warrior's dominance. But no other match proves it than this little nugget from long ago.

[youtube]8eQYKlU9QMM[/youtube]

This match was an Andre at kayfabe height. He had just given Hulk Hogan an absolute run for his money. He was one of the most intimidating foes ever, and absolutely nobody wanted to face him. and the Warrior absolutely destroys him. Approximate time of match: twenty one seconds. That is absolutely unheard of. The fact that Andre went down to an offense like this should tell you just how dominant the Warrior was in his stint as the standard bearer for the WWF.

Not only that.... well, there's one little problem for Randy against the Warrior... He just doesn't sell. At all. Like, anything. the only high impact moves that Randy has in his arsenal are the RKO, and the punt to the head. And the Warrior has a tendency to no sell finishing moves. For example....

[youtube]f3oLq9KPbkw[/youtube]

And that's not all folks. Remember his Wrestlemania Seven match with Randy Savage? Randy performed five elbow drops on Warrior. Five. And the Warrior still kicked out. unless Macho was going for his patented "Reviving Elbow", I'm not sure most people could ever do that.

Randy COULD punt Warrior in the head... And The Warrior COULD no-sell it, and start shaking the ropes. And by could, I mean will.

The only possible advantage that Randy could have is he used weapons... And that's not the case here, folks.

Pick the Warrior.

If the Warrior didn't self destruct, I think he could've been bigger than Hogan. But it is what is it and the Warrior's prime is a very narrow window of success. Yes, the Warrior was dominating at times and was put over by Hogan at WM6. However, Orton is absolutely the man in the world of wrestling right now. Many people may feel that Orton could never live up to the expectations the business have put on him, but yet many think he has already shattered those expectations. After watching Orton evolve over the past 12 - 18 months, I don't think the word "potential" applies any longer.

News flash: Randy Orton is in his prime right now. This means that Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are a package deal. They need to be figured into every equations. I just don't think that the Warrior, even at his peak, could overcome Orton and the rest of Legacy. For that matter, I'm not sure that anyone in this tournament can.

If you use the logic of The Ultimate Warrior from his W.W.F run, (ie. his near unbeatable character) then the only individuals who could come close to defeating him.. would be those that cheat. Wait a tick, that'd be Orton!?

The simple fact is this.. the Warrior from his prime couldn't handle the simplest of opponents.. those who out-thought him. Warrior lost to guys like Rude and Slaughter, simply because of being out-thought and cheated out of the match. Two of Orton's specialties. The only thing Orton would have to do in this situation, is merely wait Warrior out.

Warrior is so jacked, that he can't stand nothing going on. Thus, he'd initiate the hook-up, and follow Orton blindly into any situation, regardless the matter. All Orton would have to do, is randomly slip out of the ring a time or two, get Warrior off track from using power and force, and merely catch Warrior at the right time, during the match.

Yes, all it takes is one power move, or one series of moves from Warrior to put Orton out, whereas it'd take a few R.K.O's or Punt Kicks to drop the Warrior.. the fact is, I wouldn't foresee this match ending on an Orton finisher.. I'd see this match ending on an Orton cheat.

Using the ropes, using a weapon, using outside interference from Legacy. (or anyone - if possible) Orton is crafty, smart and sly. He's all the things Warrior isn't, in the brains department.. and most importantly, Orton has made his career off beating Legends in their own game. Orton wins here.. adding another "Legendary name" to his belt.

If you use the logic of The Ultimate Warrior from his W.W.F run, (ie. his near unbeatable character) then the only individuals who could come close to defeating him.. would be those that cheat. Wait a tick, that'd be Orton!?

You know, as I've said over and over in this thread, Randy Orton is a lousy cheat. If he was a good cheat then he wouldnt constantly lose singles matches against better opponents. A better opponent? That'd be Warrior.

The simple fact is this.. the Warrior from his prime couldn't handle the simplest of opponents.. those who out-thought him. Warrior lost to guys like Rude and Slaughter, simply because of being out-thought and cheated out of the match. Two of Orton's specialties.

But they're not though are they? Orton's only effective when there's about 2 or 3 other competitor's in the match, this is a 1 on 1. Edge is a good cheat, and he wouldnt beat Warrior either.

The only thing Orton would have to do in this situation, is merely wait Warrior out.

The guy used to sprint down to the ring and shake the ropes violently, 20 minutes into the match and he'd still be as fresh as he was then. Wont be an easy task.

Warrior is so jacked, that he can't stand nothing going on. Thus, he'd initiate the hook-up, and follow Orton blindly into any situation, regardless the matter. All Orton would have to do, is randomly slip out of the ring a time or two, get Warrior off track from using power and force, and merely catch Warrior at the right time, during the match.

and it might be effective, right up until Warrior starts no-selling and destroys him.

Yes, all it takes is one power move, or one series of moves from Warrior to put Orton out, whereas it'd take a few R.K.O's or Punt Kicks to drop the Warrior.. the fact is, I wouldn't foresee this match ending on an Orton finisher.. I'd see this match ending on an Orton cheat.

and again I point out Orton's crapness at cheating.

Using the ropes, using a weapon, using outside interference from Legacy. (or anyone - if possible) Orton is crafty, smart and sly. He's all the things Warrior isn't, in the brains department.. and most importantly, Orton has made his career off beating Legends in their own game. Orton wins here.. adding another "Legendary name" to his belt.

Beating washed up old guys is one thing, remember this is Randy Orton who couldnt beat Hogan when he was an old man, couldnt beat Undertaker and he's old as well. Fact is Orton's legends list isnt that legendary, Warrior beat better names when they were in their primes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back