• Ziggler wins dirty.

• ADR retains title by DQ.

• ADR retains title by Count-Out.

• MITB winner cashes in on ADR.

• MITB winner cashes in on Ziggler.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
During last night's raw, Del Rio vs. Ziggler was officially announced for the MITB ppv. In the graphic shown advertising the match, the images of AJ & Big E. were behind Dolph Ziggler, so I'm thinking that we could see a separation of these three in the coming weeks as part of Ziggler's emerging babyface character. If so, then it could wind up playing a role in the outcome of this match.

With the introduction of Chris Jericho into this scenario, he may also play a role in how the match ultimately ends. We've seen him have two very good matches against Del Rio, one this past Friday and one last night, and it's beginning to look as though WWE might be heading towards a threeway feud for the title.

I see WWE holding off on Ziggler winning back the title until later in the year, probably SummerSlam if I had to make a guess. It won't at all surprise me if that's what most people think as well and if that is how it goes down, then coming up with an ending that keeps Ziggler looking sympathetic while not making Del Rio look too weak is needed.

I don't think Chris Jericho will be involved, as he's been booked to face Ryback at the Money in the Bank PPV event.

Regarding Alberto vs Dolph , I hate to say this , but I'm guessing AJ and Big E will turn on Dolph and side with Del Rio a la Ted Dibiase and Sapphire from 1990.

So I'm going with a "How will Dolph overcome the odds?" buildup and him winning the match. Then the WHC Money in the bank contract winner cashes in, setting up a 3 way title match at Summerslam. But given the status of the title, that match will open Summerslam.

To everyone on WZ forums, chill. I'm waiting to see myself being proved wrong.

Regardless of the storyline however, Dolph Ziggler will win.

Dolph's direction in the coming months seemed set before last night. It looked as if he was turning good and we were going to have to get used to seeing him in a whole new light. Then, last night he attacked Chris Jericho and cast doubt on the whole thing.

Of course, he's facing the newly re-heeled Alberto Del Rio at the PPV, so folks are going to cheer Dolph. Plus, people have got to be expecting the split from Big E and A.J. at any time, especially since A.J. is changing direction once again. Her time with Dolph is almost done; in fact, that she's finally involving herself with the divas could indicate she's done supporting male performers and is striking out on her own. Good stuff.

But Dolph's actions against Jericho last night make the PPV match a tough call. Before Raw, I would have said Dolph wins the title back and gets the cheers for beating a villain......and despite the notion that many people on this forum think the fans were going crazy last time Dolph took the belt, I believe they react strongly for any world title change.....ones involving Dolph, or not.

But a heel vs heel world title match at this PPV? Unusual.....and tough to call. The focus of the match may be more about Dolph and his allies than about his war with ADR. I'm thinking ADR wins the match with the interference of Big E and A.J. ..... Dolph turns good and wins the title by Summerslam.

Dolph's direction in the coming months seemed set before last night. It looked as if he was turning good and we were going to have to get used to seeing him in a whole new light. Then, last night he attacked Chris Jericho and cast doubt on the whole thing.

Of course, he's facing the newly re-heeled Alberto Del Rio at the PPV, so folks are going to cheer Dolph. Plus, people have got to be expecting the split from Big E and A.J. at any time, especially since A.J. is changing direction once again. Her time with Dolph is almost done; in fact, that she's finally involving herself with the divas could indicate she's done supporting male performers and is striking out on her own. Good stuff.

But Dolph's actions against Jericho last night make the PPV match a tough call. Before Raw, I would have said Dolph wins the title back and gets the cheers for beating a villain......and despite the notion that many people on this forum think the fans were going crazy last time Dolph took the belt, I believe they react strongly for any world title change.....ones involving Dolph, or not.

But a heel vs heel world title match at this PPV? Unusual.....and tough to call. The focus of the match may be more about Dolph and his allies than about his war with ADR. I'm thinking ADR wins the match with the interference of Big E and A.J. ..... Dolph turns good and wins the title by Summerslam.

The attack on Jericho was because Jericho hit him with the Codebreaker on SD from the blindside, so it was just a receipt, which is why Jericho sort of smiled as he walked away holding his neck. I also think it's an attempt to avoid Dolph falling into the Sheamus trap of becoming a happy go lucky, joke cracking babyface. He'll keep some of his edge and cockiness.

As for this match, my guess is Del Rio tries to injure Dolph again and gets DQ'd, Dolph will then snap and lay a beating on Del Rio post-match which will get a big response. Dolph will finally win the belt back at Summerslam and I think his split with AJ and Big E will come afterwards.

if they want to split ziggy and big e, they could have big e win the WHC MITB briefcase and begin the slow separation from ziggy... imagine the tension and the buildup to that...

Big E and AJ interfering and costing Ziggler the match seems like a very real possibility. I cannot see Ziggler winning clean after losing the belt only a month earlier. The match at Payback was alright and this should be better. I think both these guys are capable of putting on a good match so I'm hopeful.

I like the idea of Del Rio hiring Big E to take out Ziggler. Del Rio should become the rich asshole again. He should get back to driving luxury cars and being arrogant. Having him pay Big E would be a great idea in my opinion.

The possibility of the MITB winner cashing in after this match is another possibility. I think they like to have one cashing in early so this could be done on the night. It would also set up a triple threat for SummerSlam which would also be a good move.

Ziggler will chase at Summerslam, and he will be outnumbered.

This match is so messy at the moment given the abrupt switch in Heel/Face allegiance for all 5 people involved (Ziggler, AJ, Big E, Del Rio, Ricardo).

The logical storyline is having AJ/Big E split from Ziggler.. but why? to join forces with Del Rio? (doesn't work). Originally I thought the plan would be to have AJ/Big E switch over to Swagger/Coulter group and have Ziggler vs. Swagger/Coulter/AJ at Summerslam.. But Del Rio seems to be the man (unless Swagger wins the case earlier in the night.)

So.. My colclusion is a cheap win for Del Rio via "confusion" from AJ and a bucket from Ricardo making it a 100% Del Rio heel turn and still leaving the questions over AJ. Big E will most likely get banned from ringside again. On to RAW

Del Rio has to retain. Otherwise, his heel turn would've been worthless, and a waste of time. WWE will probably hold off Ziggler's triumphant moment of regaining the WHC in an attempt to build more compassion for his character, so when he finally wins the gold again, the fans will explode, and show more support after his struggle to win the title.

It'll be interesting to see if Big. E and AJ have a significant role in this match. During the past couple of weeks, you can clearly see a lot of separation between Ziggler, AJ, and Langston, as Big. E helps AJ torment Kaitlyn, and Dolph continues attacking Del Rio. If Dolph goes 100% face, then you have to believe he'll cut ties with AJ and Langston at some point.

Del Rio has to retain. Otherwise, his heel turn would've been worthless, and a waste of time. WWE will probably hold off Ziggler's triumphant moment of regaining the WHC in an attempt to build more compassion for his character, so when he finally wins the gold again, the fans will explode, and show more support after his struggle to win the title.

It'll be interesting to see if Big. E and AJ have a significant role in this match. During the past couple of weeks, you can clearly see a lot of separation between Ziggler, AJ, and Langston, as Big. E helps AJ torment Kaitlyn, and Dolph continues attacking Del Rio. If Dolph goes 100% face, then you have to believe he'll cut ties with AJ and Langston at some point.

i think that will happen. del rio will retain because vince loves him. but anyways, crowd still does not like dolph ziggler, and this time i do not think it is wwe fault. it is because dolph ziggler is mid card material and also because there is nothing LIKABLE about him. his face turn had no build up, no teases.. also if dolph splits with aj and big e, it will make aj look stupid for going out with so many men.

Yes!! This really seems like the most logical route this feud can go, it also opens a door for Ziggler to split from AJ and Big E. Have them cost him the match (Similar to what we saw with AJ and Big E not that long ago) and it would be an interesting turn of events to see AJ and Big E side with Del Rio, but I see them being the middleman and women.

I have an odd feeling that this match might be one of the very first matches we see in the night. I think we wi see a very great back and forth match which will be a huge improvement over their payback match however like everyone else has said I'm expecting a Del Rio win however think that there will be some distraction from Big E that will lead to this. I could the logic for this being something like Ziggler hasn't been the same ever since Payback and has forgotten about his friends. However, I am almost feeling as if Ziggler gets screwed early and then gets put back in a MiTB ladder match later in the night, more likely on the smackdown side if the do indeed have it.

Out of all the matches set for Money in the bank so far, this is by far the hardest one to call. Ziggler is on course to become a fully fledged face by the time the PPV arrives and seeing as Ziggler dropping the title looks as if it was done to allow him to make the transition, there is every chance that you will see Ziggler regain the title at money in the bank, but I can't help but fell that AJ might end up throwing a spanner in the works and costing Dolph the match.

Out of all the matches set for Money in the bank so far, this is by far the hardest one to call. Ziggler is on course to become a fully fledged face by the time the PPV arrives and seeing as Ziggler dropping the title looks as if it was done to allow him to make the transition, there is every chance that you will see Ziggler regain the title at money in the bank, but I can't help but fell that AJ might end up throwing a spanner in the works and costing Dolph the match.

I don't think he'll be a fully fledged face until Summerslam. I honestly think what's going to happen is AJ screws him over at MITB which will lead to the breaking of AJ, Big E. He'll then go after for the title at Summerslam and win. then get his revenge on AJ and Big E.

Now thinking about it, if he loses at MITB, therefore losing his rematch he shouldn't be allowed to challenge for the WHC at Summerslam unless he wins a number 1 contenders match... Which now makes me believe that, that could be against Big E?

Two things first:

- I actually was enjoying Del Rio's face run.
- Dolph Ziggler's WHC title run was a flop.

Okay so last month these two had a very solid match. I know Ziggler is very athletic and Del Rio has some awesome moves and holds, along with that deadly kick to the face. Yes I totally forgot what it's called. Deal with it. Anyways, the WWE decided Ziggler should drop the title to Del Rio. Personally I didn't have any issue with this at all. Ziggler was still banged up from a match on SmackDown witch got him a concussion so it was best to keep him on the sidelines for some time. Then after the match was over, there was a double turn. Ziggler from heel to face and Del Rio from Face to Heel. Looking forward to this match I didn't see any alternatives for Del Rio. Logically, Ziggler is the best available wrestler outside of both of the Money in the Bank wrestlers. I don't see Del Rio losing here, put I wouldn't put it past the WWE for Ziggler to win given that he's healthy. But otherwise I see this feud continuing at least until SummerSlam.

This should be a very good match. They had some superb storytelling going on in their Payback bout which was pretty much just Del Rio trying to concuss Ziggler again on route to regaining the title. A one sided match, quite so but it told a story we're not all that accustomed to seeing. it will be interesting to see how Ziggler does in his first major pay-per-view match since the double turn but considering this event is taking place in Philly it should be a very easy first-go for him.

I fully expect Del Rio to retain here but not by and pinfall or submission though. I kind of see Ziggler losing his cool and going off the "deep end" in trying to destroy Del Rio through any means and it distracts from his ultimate goal of winning the title which in turn gets him disqualified. For instance like an endless barrage of punches in the corner, the ref counts to five and calls for a DQ. Simple as, I think they're going to delay Ziggler's inevitable title regain until at the least SummerSlam.

I think too many things have happened/are happening for Del Rio not to retain here. He just turned heel, and made Dolph look the sympathetic face. They haven't completely pulled the trigger on the face turn so I see Del Rio retaining so Dolph can continue building face momentum chasing the title. I see this feud continuing on into the summer. All said, this should be a very good match probably towards the beginning of the card. Del Rio Retains.

- Dolph Ziggler's WHC title run was a flop.
True, but how much of that could you put on Ziggler, booking, or creative? Sometimes, it's just blind, dumb luck, and that's what happened to Ziggler to make his run a flop. Based on the reaction he received on cashing in MITB and winning the title, I'd like to think that it would have been successful had it not been for an errant Jack Swagger boot.

In order for this double turn to be successful, it's going to necessitate with Dolph Ziggler winning the title back, in grand fashion. Truly, it's wrestling booking 101 here that dictates Dolph Ziggler winning the title back from Alberto Del Rio.

It's also booking 101 that Ziggler doesn't win the title back at Money In The Bank.

With two ladder matches and a huge showdown between Henry and Cena likely slated for the main event, WWE can afford for the good ol' Del Rio DQ that seems to dominate 70% of his matches as a heel. While what he did to Ziggler may be deemed dastardly by wrestling standards, it was refreshing to see him get a 100% clean, 1-2-3 pin over Dolph Ziggler in the ring. Unfortunately, his matches since have gone like this:

6/17 Raw: Lost to CM Punk by Countout
6/21 Smackdown: Defeated Chris Jericho by Disqualification
6/24 Raw: Lost To Chris Jericho by Disqualification
07/1 Raw: Lost to John Cena-AA
07/5 Smackdown: Fought CM Punk to a Double Countout

A heel Alberto Del Rio simply doesn't win matches. And that fact doesn't just hang over his non-title matches, it applies to his previous two WWE Title reigns as well. Between the two reigns, Del Rio had exactly one successful title defense, and that was in a Last Man Standing match against John Cena.

Del Rio is a capable enough wrestler, even as a heel, that he doesn't need an "out" with regards to his matches. When I think of the most poorly booked heel WWE/World Champions of all-time, Alberto Del Rio is at or near the top of the list. As a heel, he won his first match in WWE against Rey Mysterio by submission, and as recently as last fall, became No. 1 Contender to the World Title by making Randy Orton submit. So what is it about Del Rio that he simply can't win or get satisfactory conclusions to his matches as champion? As a heel champion, he's got zero credibility.

Unfortunately, I don't see that changing at Money In The Bank? Do I think he walks out as champion? Absolutely, but by disqualification. WWE is somewhat backed into a corner when it comes to Del Rio and Ziggler, as to put Del Rio over Ziggler clean once again truly negates any claim Ziggler would have to a future rematch. And though it's happened to him twice before, it's absolutely asinine for them to put the belt on him only for him to lose it in his first defense.

As this is most likely just the 4th biggest match on the card, WWE can afford to end this match in the way they most likely will: Del Rio retains by DQ, brass knucks, or AJ/Langston turning on Ziggler. That saves him finally overcoming Del Rio at Summerslam, on a bigger stage, making for a bigger moment. Since an AJ/Langston turn would put Ziggler in two feuds at once, I'm leaning towards the DQ/nefarious means ending for Del Rio. One way or another, Del Rio walks out of MITB still World Champion.

I thought Ziggler should win at first but a good point has been made in this thread about Ziggler building face momentum if he were to continue chasing the title and his title win being a much bigger moment if they were to save it for Summerslam, so I think Del Rio should retain now but by getting himself DQ'd or counted-out so that Dolph is entitled to another rematch for Summerslam. I don't see AJ and Langston turning on Dolph just yet. Like LSN said, he'd be in two feuds at once unless if AJ and Langston were to side with Del Rio, so I think they should save their turn for after Summerslam where Big E w/ AJ can then feud with Dolph for the World Title.

This whole thing Dolph has been doing with 3MB on RAW and Smackdown though where he's showing off his athleticism to escape attacks from them, gives me the feeling that Ziggler might pull out the victory at Money in the Bank using his athleticism. I could see Del Rio trying to throw a bunch of kicks at Dolph but Ziggler keeps jumping & diving out of the way until he ends up behind Del Rio and pulls out a quick Zig-Zag for the win. I don't see any reason for why WWE are doing this with Dolph & 3MB other than for it to lead to how Dolph is gonna win at the PPV.

I'd like for Del Rio to retain for the reasons Mitch, HBsam & LSN mentioned, but I see Ziggler winning because of what I mentioned about Dolph & 3MB.

True, but how much of that could you put on Ziggler, booking, or creative? Sometimes, it's just blind, dumb luck, and that's what happened to Ziggler to make his run a flop. Based on the reaction he received on cashing in MITB and winning the title, I'd like to think that it would have been successful had it not been for an errant Jack Swagger boot.
Yeah, based on one crowd, you judge ziggler's entire reign. nice logic there, buddy.
In order for this double turn to be successful, it's going to necessitate with Dolph Ziggler winning the title back, in grand fashion. Truly, it's wrestling booking 101 here that dictates Dolph Ziggler winning the title back from Alberto Del Rio.
alberto del rio should drop it as soon as possible, i dont give a shit to who.. dolph ziggler, it doesnt matter. i just want him to get releaesed because he has no star power, no charisma, no mic skills, and averaeg in ring skills.
It's also booking 101 that Ziggler doesn't win the title back at Money In The Bank.
he should win it back or else he will lose credibility.. losing 2 ppvs in a row is not "strong".
With two ladder matches and a huge showdown between Henry and Cena likely slated for the main event, WWE can afford for the good ol' Del Rio DQ that seems to dominate 70% of his matches as a heel. While what he did to Ziggler may be deemed dastardly by wrestling standards, it was refreshing to see him get a 100% clean, 1-2-3 pin over Dolph Ziggler in the ring. Unfortunately, his matches since have gone like this:

6/17 Raw: Lost to CM Punk by Countout
6/21 Smackdown: Defeated Chris Jericho by Disqualification
6/24 Raw: Lost To Chris Jericho by Disqualification
07/1 Raw: Lost to John Cena-AA
07/5 Smackdown: Fought CM Punk to a Double Countout
stop pretending like alberto del rio is underrated.. he was given everything to him when he debuted, like a spoiled fucking brat.. he made mysterio tap out on his 1st match, he took credit for retiring edge, he dominated christian, big show, cm punk, randy orton, etc.. u pretend like del rio is jobbing to hornswoggle.. its about time, hes been on top for so long, its about time to give back to younger stars.. i also read a rumor that he is retiring really really soon, so why the fuck would wwe push him?
A heel Alberto Del Rio simply doesn't win matches. And that fact doesn't just hang over his non-title matches, it applies to his previous two WWE Title reigns as well. Between the two reigns, Del Rio had exactly one successful title defense, and that was in a Last Man Standing match against John Cena.
heel del rio defeated cm punk and john cena and randy orton and big show and daniel bryan, the top 5 biggest faces..
Del Rio is a capable enough wrestler, even as a heel, that he doesn't need an "out" with regards to his matches. When I think of the most poorly booked heel WWE/World Champions of all-time, Alberto Del Rio is at or near the top of the list. As a heel, he won his first match in WWE against Rey Mysterio by submission, and as recently as last fall, became No. 1 Contender to the World Title by making Randy Orton submit. So what is it about Del Rio that he simply can't win or get satisfactory conclusions to his matches as champion? As a heel champion, he's got zero credibility.
most poorly booked heel champion? are u fucking serious??? this guy has been given EVERYTHING since he deubted. no matter how unover he is, vince mcmahon keeps on fucking shoving him down our fucking throats. he wasnt interesting as a face because he was a generic, cookie cutter, smiling, pandering to the crowd character.. and he still isnt over as a heel because he has no charisma and no mic skills.. the guy has notihng to offer. hes not a draw! he has no star power! why does vince love del rio so much.. his physique is not even that good, WHAT THE FUCK IS THE BIG APPEAL ABOUT THIS GUY?? HES OVERPUSHED AND OVERRATED!
Unfortunately, I don't see that changing at Money In The Bank? Do I think he walks out as champion? Absolutely, but by disqualification. WWE is somewhat backed into a corner when it comes to Del Rio and Ziggler, as to put Del Rio over Ziggler clean once again truly negates any claim Ziggler would have to a future rematch. And though it's happened to him twice before, it's absolutely asinine for them to put the belt on him only for him to lose it in his first defense.
i wouldn't be surprised if del rio walks out champion because he is a spoiled brat. ziggler isnt that good, but at least he deserves the championship for his hard work.
As this is most likely just the 4th biggest match on the card, WWE can afford to end this match in the way they most likely will: Del Rio retains by DQ, brass knucks, or AJ/Langston turning on Ziggler. That saves him finally overcoming Del Rio at Summerslam, on a bigger stage, making for a bigger moment. Since an AJ/Langston turn would put Ziggler in two feuds at once, I'm leaning towards the DQ/nefarious means ending for Del Rio. One way or another, Del Rio walks out of MITB still World Champion.
youre probably right. del rio will be champion for a long time, whether we like it or not.

So Ziggler vs ADR once again this Sunday and to me its a real poser.

I can't imagine that after just turning heel Del Rio will lose straight away as WWE seem so intent on making him a star with all the oppurtunities they've given him.
But on the other hand how can Ziggler lose after just turning face-There needs to be a reason for fans to cheer for him.
I do think ADR will win due to some sloppy heel antic like getting DQ'd or count out to retain title as I don't think WWE want either guy to look bad.
But that's just lazy booking but lets face it, that'll happen as it isn't the main event so it doesn't need to be a big memorable moment. And it'll continue to be a boring lackluster fued that the crowd couldn't care less about.

So,how could WWE save this match,fued and prestige of WHC. Well come up with ideas and post them below because I'd love to know what people think about this match as I just think unless there is some spectacular spot or memorable moment this fued will be the most forgettable of 2013 and these 2 superstars will just fade out of the Main Event picture as they can't get over, unless as I say, something big happens.

ADR will most likely win dirty. WWE's made a huge investment turning him heel and Ziggler still doesnt seem like a strong enough face to hold on to the title. My guess is Ziggler walks away with the strap at Summerslam or Night of Champions. This rivalry, as it stands right now, needs to be allowed to develop for a month or two before Del Rio drops the belt.

My guess is that Del Rio wins the match dirty due to interference from AJ Lee. They've teased some tension between AJ & Ziggler, though nothing major. However, that slight tease might be all WWE is going for in order to make AJ turning on Ziggler come off as more of a surprise. Another possibility is that AJ could "accidentally" cost Ziggler the match, really jacking up tensions between the two and save AJ turning on Ziggler for another time.

Yesterday, however, I read that WWE looks to be going for a Ziggler vs. Big E match for SummerSlam; so that's another good indication that AJ will turn on Ziggler this Sunday. I don't know if this means that Ziggler's push is getting killed or that WWE is going to use additional time to further build up his feud with Del Rio while also building up more of his presence as a fully fledged babyface. I'm thinking that it's most likely the latter.

ADR wins dirty here, saving the possible big face win for Ziggler at Summer Slam. Although we've seen stranger when it comes to the WHT in terms of changing hands, ADR just won the title not long ago back at the Payback PPV, so I don't see him dropping the belt this soon. Ziggler needs to chase for a little while longer IF he's going to win it all at some point down the road.

My guess is that Del Rio wins the match dirty due to interference from AJ Lee. They've teased some tension between AJ & Ziggler, though nothing major. However, that slight tease might be all WWE is going for in order to make AJ turning on Ziggler come off as more of a surprise. Another possibility is that AJ could "accidentally" cost Ziggler the match, really jacking up tensions between the two and save AJ turning on Ziggler for another time.

Yesterday, however, I read that WWE looks to be going for a Ziggler vs. Big E match for SummerSlam; so that's another good indication that AJ will turn on Ziggler this Sunday. I don't know if this means that Ziggler's push is getting killed or that WWE is going to use additional time to further build up his feud with Del Rio while also building up more of his presence as a fully fledged babyface. I'm thinking that it's most likely the latter.

I'm thinking it's the latter as well and the way things have developed since this match was made I think it makes sense. I was in the camp that thought Dolph would win the title at Summerslam but a longer chase allows him to build up some real face momentum and get the fans behind him, plus Del Rio is doing his best character work right now as a more aggressive heel so I don't think hot potatoing the belt does either guy any favours.

20130624_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_HW-championship_C-homepage.jpg

I have tried so hard to give this a chance, but I'm tired of it. The double turn is not working. I hate Ziggler as a face. It just doesn't feel like the right role for him at all, he was much better as a heel. Alberto will most likely retain. Regardless of whoever wins, the winner of the World Heavyweight Championship's Money In the Bank briefcase will certainly be cashing in on the winner of this match before anyone else is able to win the belt. I doubt it will be the same night. They did that with Kane in 2010 already. It will depend on who wins the briefcase, although I do expect Alberto to retain here and for this feud to finally end after that. Alberto moves on to his next challenger and Dolph moves on to some filler feud. The match itself should be alright as far as in-ring quality is concerned and it will probably go on during the middle of the evening.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Alberto Del Rio retains the World Heavyweight Championship.
No blue briefcase cash-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back