WWE Money In The Bank 2013: Chris Jericho VS Ryback

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This match has a bit of a "thrown together just to give these guys something to do on the card" feel about it. I was a little surprised that Jericho wasn't included in the WWE Championship MITB match, as he's a 6 time World Champion in WWE.

However, while it might seem like it's "thrown together", it still has potential to be a great match. I could see this match being of similar quality to the matches we saw with Ryback against Daniel Bryan several weeks back. Like Bryan, Jericho is someone who knows how to put together great matches and can help make his opponents look like a million bucks. I read last week that Jericho's next hiatus with WWE is expected to come about in the relatively near future and could last the rest of the year. If that's true, then WWE could use this match to write Jericho off for a while by having Ryback ultimately decimate him.

However, they've also had Jericho interacting with Ziggler & Del Rio, which hints that he could be added to the WHC picture in the near future as well. As a result, having Ryback demolish him at MITB might be one of the very few instances in which the wind is taken out of Jericho's sails.

Unless WWE is going to cool down on Ryback's push, and given that Jericho's time with the company is sometimes up in the air, then I think Ryback walks out with the win.

This match has a bit of a "thrown together just to give these guys something to do on the card" feel about it. I was a little surprised that Jericho wasn't included in the WWE Championship MITB match, as he's a 6 time World Champion in WWE.

However, while it might seem like it's "thrown together", it still has potential to be a great match. I could see this match being of similar quality to the matches we saw with Ryback against Daniel Bryan several weeks back. Like Bryan, Jericho is someone who knows how to put together great matches and can help make his opponents look like a million bucks. I read last week that Jericho's next hiatus with WWE is expected to come about in the relatively near future and could last the rest of the year. If that's true, then WWE could use this match to write Jericho off for a while by having Ryback ultimately decimate him.

However, they've also had Jericho interacting with Ziggler & Del Rio, which hints that he could be added to the WHC picture in the near future as well. As a result, having Ryback demolish him at MITB might be one of the very few instances in which the wind is taken out of Jericho's sails.

Unless WWE is going to cool down on Ryback's push, and given that Jericho's time with the company is sometimes up in the air, then I think Ryback walks out with the win.

Well if I'm not mistaken, Jericho won't be around for SummerSlam, which is right after MITB, so him getting destroyed at MITB makes some sense. That said, I doubt he'll get written off TV on a PPV. We might be looking at the DZ scenario we saw last year. Jericho beats Ryback Sunday on the PPV (cuz we all know Ryback isn't allowed a big PPV win :shrug:) and then the next night Ryback writes Jericho off of TV. It wouldn't be in a match because Ryback has nothing to put up, a la DZ's briefcase last year, but he could just destroy him because he's pissed.

I think the match has potential to be good, I was very much anti Ryback until about January when I felt he started to really improve, now I seem to be one of the few who think he's solid in the ring as long he has a good worker in their with him.

It did look to me like they were going to do Del Rio vs Y2J vs Ziggler at MITB and hold off on Dolph vs Del Rio until Summerslam, so this match came as a bit of a surprise but I remember around Mania time that there was talk of doing Ryback vs Y2J, so I guess they are just getting to it now.

If Y2J is going on the shelf before Summerslam then I could see either Ryback or Del Rio putting him there, but regardless, to me Ryback really needs a win here if they intend to continue his push to any extent, as I don't think he's ever won a PPV match unless it was against jobbers pre-October last year.

I'm also not worried that this has just been thrown together, sure the backstage segment was simplistically convenient, but Y2J and Ryback have 3 weeks now to build up some heat and make the match matter.

I was a little surprised that Jericho wasn't included in the WWE Championship MITB match, as he's a 6 time World Champion in WWE.

True, but this is where the flexibility of Jericho's character comes into play. On the negative side, it's hard to gauge when he'll be on the roster and when he won't, which plays with the factor of continuity: what's the sense of having him win a championship he won't be around to defend? But everything else about him is a positive; if you need someone to boost a rising talent, giving the new guy a top-notch opponent to make a rep against, Y2J is available. They give Jericho enough wins that you can't be sure he's always going to serve as fodder for the up-and-coming, yet he seems amenable to suffering defeats when the company needs him to (if he wasn't amenable to it, he'd probably be a full-time aging rock star by now).

What's going to happen in this match? It seems Ryback needs a win, no? Since his series with Punk, when he first stepped into main event status, Ryback hasn't won anything of consequence, but at least he wasn't losing cleanly. Now that John Cena has destroyed him, Creative has to decide whether to give Ryback something that boosts him near the top of the division......or leaves him wallowing as a "monster on the mid-card." Meanwhile, Jericho can win or lose, as stated above. He certainly has the reputation to merit beating Ryback.

My guess is they give this one to Ryback. The company surely needs threats at the main event level, and a win over a legend like Y2J would get him back on track.

It's got to be great for WWE to have a guy like Chris Jericho.

Since returning this year, Jericho's priority is to put people over. He's done just that. However I think that this is jericho's final curtain call for 2013. Who needs a PPV win the most? Ryback. I see no reason for Jericho walking out of MITB winning. The Ryback buzz is dead. He was hot late in the year last year. Between the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania Ryback was irrelevant and filler. Post Mania Ryback creates some interest back with a feud with Cena. However still looking forward he still has a zero in the win column for Pay Per Views. I do think Ryback will win here and having Jericho putting him over. I'm not super pumped at all for this but it should be a good match.

This seemed lazily put together. I'm not sure I would've had Vickie book the match right then in there, they should've let it build for a couple weeks. Here's how it went last night.
Ryback: I want a rematch with John Cena!
Vickie: No.
Jericho: Hey I just got jumped by 2 guys out there.
Ryback: Hey, you interrupted me.
Vickie: Ryback, you will fight Chris Jericho at Money in the Bank.
Ryback: Oh, ok.

Ryback takes this one with 100% certainty. A horrendous 0-8 record on PPV since October isn't doing the man any favours right now. Chris Jericho is one of the best guys to put him up against at this point - they'll have a good match, Ryback will recover a little bit of momentum (he needs a lot of fixing after being butchered up so badly) and Jericho won't lose any credibility at all. From there onwards, WWE could focus on actually making Ryback win some matches and all will be just dandy.

Hopefully it ends clean, too. Even after the massacre of sorts that is Ryback's last 9 months with the WWE, there is still time to salvage Big Hungry. Anyone can be salvaged in the WWE with the right booking. Just ask Curtis Axel. (Not the best example but whatever.)

I don't think even a master like Jericho will be able to pull a decent match out of Clownshoes Ryback. It sucks for Jericho to not be in MITB, but as he had no chance of winning, I guess it's not that horrible. My guess is Clownshoes "injures" him bringing on his tour with Fozzy.

I have no problem with this match. Like others in this thread have said, this has the potential to be a good match. But I'm not a fan of how of these two were just thrown together last night. I feel they should've inserted Ryback and Jericho in the WHC MITB instead, and started off their rivalry in that match and saved their one-on-one encounter for SummerSlam. Actually they could have had Ryback win the WHC MiTB and then go on to defeat Jericho at SummerSlam and put him on the shelf, rebuilding momentum for himself before he goes for the World Heavyweight Title.

They still do have time to cancel Ryback vs. Jericho at the PPV and put them in the WHC MiTB match, that's if there is one this year, and I believe there will be. Plus it would save people from whining about no starpower in the WHC MiTB if Jericho & Ryback were inserted in there. Ryback vs. Chris Jericho vs. Big Show vs. The Miz vs. Wade Barrett vs. Dean Ambrose vs. a returning Kofi Kingston, sounds like a decent WHC MiTB match for this year.

However I still see them going ahead with this match at Money in the Bank, so like everyone else I predict Ryback wins and then injures Jericho after the match, so he can go on his tour with Fozzy.

I am never a fan of thrown together matches, but with Jericho it should be a good one. I agree with the other that said this match is tailor made for Ryback to win. I just can't see it going any other way. Ryback desperately needs a win if they want him to remain halfway credible, and it looks like Jericho is off to play with his band. Ryback wins.

This could be a good way to write Jericho off TV and rebuild Ryback. Personally, I think they should let Ryback snap and really hurt Jericho. He could disappear of television until he is ready to return and Ryback would become that monster heel again and could brag about how he injured Chris Jericho. To be honest, I'd have the match last maybe 5 minutes and then Ryback snaps.

It's an impressive feat to look at, but Shell-Shocking Khali isn't enough. Ryback needs a more significant boost after another failed run at the WWE Championship. Jericho has the credibility of a main eventer, and he's never a bad choice for the go-to-guy, if someone else needs a rub, or a "big" win.

Although, with Henry chasing the WWE Championship, the MITB match coming up soon, and more contenders to follow, you have to wonder what's next for Ryback after the match with Jericho. I honestly can't picture WWE throwing Ryback back into the WWE Championship picture so soon, so he'll need another worthwhile opponent in the meantime.

It's an impressive feat to look at, but Shell-Shocking Khali isn't enough. Ryback needs a more significant boost after another failed run at the WWE Championship. Jericho has the credibility of a main eventer, and he's never a bad choice for the go-to-guy, if someone else needs a rub, or a "big" win.

Although, with Henry chasing the WWE Championship, the MITB match coming up soon, and more contenders to follow, you have to wonder what's next for Ryback after the match with Jericho. I honestly can't picture WWE throwing Ryback back into the WWE Championship picture so soon, so he'll need another worthwhile opponent in the meantime.

Jericho has the credibility of a main eventer? SERIOUSLY? He has lost countless matches to many people.. people now see him as a main event jobber, not a main event star. come on now, beating jericho is near meaningless because of how many times he loses. lost to fandango, heath slater, del rio, etc. countless times man, countless times. beating him does not mean as much as it used to

Someone has reading comprehension issues.

Let me try this again.....Chris Jericho has the credibility of a main eventer. Who did WWE go to for CM Punk's big return match? Jericho. He main evented Wrestlemania 18, and he can still brag about beating The Rock and Austin in the same night to become the first ever Undisputed Champion. On top of that, he's still more than capable of delivering high quality and competitive matches. Is he going to main event Wrestlemania 30? Of course not. But if WWE needed him, Jericho would be an ideal opponent/chaser in the WWE Championship picture, and a worthy candidate to be World Heavyweight Champion, if some unforeseen circumstances put a dent in the WHC picture, because Chris Jericho has the credibility of a main eventer.

Someone has reading comprehension issues.

Let me try this again.....Chris Jericho has the credibility of a main eventer. Who did WWE go to for CM Punk's big return match? Jericho. He main evented Wrestlemania 18, and he can still brag about beating The Rock and Austin in the same night to become the first ever Undisputed Champion. On top of that, he's still more than capable of delivering high quality and competitive matches. Is he going to main event Wrestlemania 30? Of course not. But if WWE needed him, Jericho would be an ideal opponent/chaser in the WWE Championship picture, and a worthy candidate to be World Heavyweight Champion, if some unforeseen circumstances put a dent in the WHC picture, because Chris Jericho has the credibility of a main eventer.

lol, thats like saying the miz has the credibility of a main eventer because he defated john cena in the main event of wrestlemania, which he did. he also baet randy orton 3 times in a row. yet he doesnt have the credibility of a main eventer because he keeps on losing. same with jericho, he keeps on losing, which made him lose his credibility. beating him means nothing because he loses too much, it lost its worth

With Jericho leaving again shortly to tour, having somebody so legitimate as Chris Jericho putting over Ryback clean will elevate Ryback slowly back to the level he needs to get at to be taken anywhere seriously again. He has lost so much stema, a decimation of Jericho is exactly what Ryback needs, thus I see this being the reason this match has been set for MITB.

With Jericho leaving again shortly to tour, having somebody so legitimate as Chris Jericho putting over Ryback clean will elevate Ryback slowly back to the level he needs to get at to be taken anywhere seriously again. He has lost so much stema, a decimation of Jericho is exactly what Ryback needs, thus I see this being the reason this match has been set for MITB.

heath slater beat jericho clean. look what he is doing now? john morrison beat him clean. fandango beat chris jericho clean. so many fucking mid carders beat chris jericho clean and they went nowhere because it doesnt mean shit to beat chris jericho. he lost his credibility when he started jobbing to everybody.

This match has to be them attempting to try and give Ryback not only his best quality PPV match to date but his first big win on PPV as well, thats not just squashing jobbers. Also with Jericho leaving after this, it's ample opportunity for them to have Ryback win and destroy the hell out of Jericho after the match for some heel heat. Kill two birds with one stone you make Ryback that much more hated as a "monster heel" and you write Jericho off television with an injury to explain his Fozzy departure to the casuals.

I see Kofi coming back and wildcatting the crap out of Ryback, leading to a feud. It's been about the 8 weeks they said it would take for him to come back from the 3 tables/paternity leave Ryback put him on, and it seems they might pull the trigger considering he was working with the Shield before he left.

Think it is all but certain Ryback takes this. Jericho is taking another hiatus from wrestling so this should be used to write him off for a while, whilst maybe giving Ryback a bit of momentum back .

While I still think Ryback comes out with the win, it doesn't strike me as rock solid as before. With the whole "Cryback" thing Jericho is doing and with Ryback having his match against Miz stopped, I'm starting to wonder if WWE is in the process of jobbing Ryback out.

We've heard talk about Vince not seeing "money" in one of the top talents in WWE. Initial sources claimed it was Daniel Bryan, but HBK put those rumors to rest by stating Vince is high on Bryan and that the guy in question was in the 6'3" 250 pound area. Of the wrestlers who have been in the main event picture the past 6 months or so, those stats most closely fit Ryback. His billed height & weight are 6'3" 291 pounds. It could also possibly mean Del Rio, who is billed at 6'5" and around 240 pounds.

I'm wondering, though, if they could be going the route of portraying Ryback as a cunning beast. With this whole "injury" bit with his knee, I suppose it's possible things could be booked where Ryback was "faking" the injury, going so far as to have his match with Miz stopped and backing off from Jericho, as a means of luring Jericho into a false sense of security. Then, at MITB, Jericho falls into is trap and is decimated to such an extent that Ryback "injures" Jericho, putting him on the shelf for an extended period of time.

Ryback's gonna put Jericho out of action. Good idea but too obvious.

But I guess this is the only option left in an attempt to revive Ryback's career.

I'm thinking at some point during the match Ryback will be playing the injury card with the ref like he did on SD, Vickie will then appear and get up on the apron to distract Y2J who isn't buying Ryback's BS, Ryback clobbers him from behind with the Meat-hook clothesline and then hits Shellshock for the win, thus begins Rickie or Vyback! :D

20130624_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_JERICHO-RYBACK_C-HOMEPAGE.jpg

Oddly enough, this could end up being rather good despite being filler. If anyone can get a good filler match out of Ryback, it's Jericho. A dominant victory against someone like Chris Jericho is exactly what Ryback needs if he wants to regain the needed momentum in order to challenge for another world title. There's no reason for Jericho to win here. NONE. He'll be busy trying to make Ryback look like a legit threat to whoever his next opponent will be. It won't be the best match of the night, but it won't be the worst either. I can see it going on earlier on in the evening, probably one of the first three matches. Ryback wins and moves on to a feud higher up the card and Jericho moves on to probably some other filler feud.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Ryback will defeat Chris Jericho.

I agree with the popular opinion here, Ryback needs the victory and needs to look like a threat again, as the monster heel again, not fucking "Cryback". That being said I could see honestly Ryback losing again, Jericho could win with a quick roll up or simply Ryback could snap after Jericho continues to humiliate Ryback by telling him Cryback and this way being disqualified. Either way I could see Ryback destroying Jericho after the match looking this way really strong and intimidating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back