Sheamus & Ryback.

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Now, there are two wrestlers who over the past couple of nights have been involved in two big Tag Team Matches, both at the Elimination Chamber PPV & at Monday Night Raw last night. Both times, they've been on the losing side, but there's a couple of scenarios that I'd like to go over here, leading through the next 6 weeks up to Wrestlemania. Who are these men?

Sheamus & Ryback.

Now, Sheamus & Ryback teamed up with John Cena at Elimination Chamber to take on the team of Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins, otherwise known as The Shield. At the PPV, the face team lost to the team that were fighting injustice, after a huge spear from Roman Reigns to Ryback. Last night on Raw, Sheamus & Ryback got a bit heated backstage, but when Chris Jericho suggested that the three of THEM teamed up to take on The Shield. However, after their efforts against Shield, they ended up losing yet again, this time from a flying knee to Jericho's face. Now, it seems that the "Extra person" may be a weak link in the team. I know you'll mention that Ryback picked up the pin on Sunday night BUT Cena was right next to him and didn't even realise the pin, failing to break it up and last night, Jericho was pinned by Dean Ambrose. So, where can this duo of Sheamus & Ryback, who seem like they will continue to be involved with each other, go? Let's look at the scenarios, leading to the Wrestlemania Match they may be involved in.

1) The Tag Team Match

Right, the first scenario links to what we've seen the past two days, in the form on 6-Man Tag Matches against The Shield. Ryback & Sheamus do want to get some kind of revenge against Rollins, Ambrose & Reigns, it's obvious and so far, they haven't been able to get it. After what we've seen so far, I would love to see Ryback & Sheamus take on Shield on Raw every Monday, with a different third partner. However, every week they happen to fall short and it's always the "third person" that happens to pick up the loss and the pin. Leading into Wrestlemania there's two ways it could go from there. Firstly, Sheamus & Ryback could decide that this third person is always the reason that they lose and decide to go against Shield in a handicap match, obviously losing again. Or, Sheamus & Ryback could find another third partner, but this time, some form of WWE Legend, or former WWE worker that could help them take on the force of The Shield (can't think of one, help?!). This team could then beat The Shield, handing them their first loss, but not necessarily breaking them up.

2) The Feud
For the next couple of weeks on Raw, Sheamus & Ryback could attempt to beat The Shield like I've mentioned above, by finding a new third partner. However, when they're dealt continuous losses, Ryback finally snaps (turning him heel) and attacks Sheamus at the end of the match, blaming the losses on him. Sheamus & Ryback then begin a rivalry/feud in time for Wrestlemania. The Shield become an afterthought for these two, so we'll forget about them now. Sheamus & Ryback go into Wrestlemania in a grudge match, with these two beasts facing each other in a hard fought, brutal match which leads to Ryback winning a match at his first ever Wrestlemania. Obviously, lifting Sheamus onto his shoulders isn't as cool as say, Big Show or Mark Henry, but a win against Sheamus does help him out with all the losses that he'd had in the past.

So, what are your thoughts? Option 1 or 2?

1. Not only do the Shield need a match at Mania I really do not think that turning either Sheamus or Ryback is the right move. They are both progressing as faces - why change that.

Let them team with Jericho or someone else at Mania and face The Shield. It may be for the third/fourth time but it will still be a good match and it gets your biggest stars on the WM card.

1. Not only do the Shield need a match at Mania I really do not think that turning either Sheamus or Ryback is the right move. They are both progressing as faces - why change that.

Let them team with Jericho or someone else at Mania and face The Shield. It may be for the third/fourth time but it will still be a good match and it gets your biggest stars on the WM card.

I'd change Ryback because even though he's been pretty destructive as a face, he's never really got the job done. The added frustration, then turning him heel could make him more effective, which was why I thought that option may have been a good one.

However, I wouldn't team them with Jericho again, I'd put a different superstar in the slot, but can't think for the life of me who it would be. All the "big" guys are heels right now, so there's nobody with the beastly nature to help take out Shield. Brodus, Tensai & Khali are all too low down on the card for them to ever be involved. I could take Big Show or Mark Henry, but they're heels. Either a legend, or some kind of big superstar. I'd see JBL in the role actually.

Cena is going to need a new challenger once he becomes WWE Champion again. Ryback as a heel is perfect.

As a face, in matches after his jobber run, he's failed to achieve anything. He's stumbled at every hurdle. A heel turn needs to be implemented.

Sheamus vs. Ryback is a decent mid-card match at Mania. And as things stand now I'm not sure if The Shield need to be involved in a match at Mania. I think you could give them an impactful role without making up another random 6-man match for them to compete in.

The Shield and Sheamus and Ryback had nothing to do in Mania so its logilcal thing they will go with that route. Only problem is they dont have 3rd men and they allready lost with Cena as 3rd men so it would be nice to see what would happen here. They could just throw Orton into that mix. Makes sense because of Shield and it would give some relevance to all off them. It could be good thing for Sheamus and Ryback and even to Orton, and Shield would get even better exposion...

However, I wouldn't team them with Jericho again, I'd put a different superstar in the slot, but can't think for the life of me who it would be. All the "big" guys are heels right now, so there's nobody with the beastly nature to help take out Shield. Brodus, Tensai & Khali are all too low down on the card for them to ever be involved. I could take Big Show or Mark Henry, but they're heels. Either a legend, or some kind of big superstar. I'd see JBL in the role actually.

I agree that there are very few options. That is why Jericho is the obvious choice. He has the name and can work a great match. Moreover, he needs to be on the card and this would be a good slot for him.

A month ago i was thinking Orton but now I can't see it - I fell the WWE have another direction for him. Mysterio? The Shield attacked him so that would be another good choice. He can definitely work a match with these guys.

I agree that there are very few options. That is why Jericho is the obvious choice. He has the name and can work a great match. Moreover, he needs to be on the card and this would be a good slot for him.

A month ago i was thinking Orton but now I can't see it - I fell the WWE have another direction for him. Mysterio? The Shield attacked him so that would be another good choice. He can definitely work a match with these guys.

Mysterio is too small to get the job done. If Cena/Jericho couldn't do it, how could Mysterio?

I've been stuck thinking of somebody who could do it and it's proving to be harder than I thought at first. Legends that can still go? Not many. At the expense of a guest starring/appearance, Vader could sort of go, Roddy Piper might do something, or maybe Vince McMahon wants rid of Shield? I can't pick out another superstar on the roster, unless they use Kane, which means Bryan gets lost at Wrestlemania.

Fuck, this is harder than I thought.

I think another 6 man tag team match between The Shield, Sheamus, Ryback and a third partner of their choice would be pointless. The biggest partner both Sheamus and Ryback could get and that they stood the most chance of defeating The Shield with, is John Cena, but they didn't even get the job done with him, so why bother with another 6 man tag?

Option 2 sounds a lot better, but if Ryback and Sheamus face each other then where does that leave Orton, Show, and Henry? Who would they face? I can think of one person Orton could face, Cesaro for the US Title, it's not a big match but it would be a good hard hitting, intense match. That leaves Henry and Show who could face other with one of them turning face for the match, but both Henry and Show work much better as heels, so they should stay heels. Orton could face Henry or Show in a one-on-one match but again where does that leave the big man that isn't facing Orton?

Truthfully, I'd go with neither option. WWE should go with their original plan of Show vs. Ryback, so Show can test Ryback and Ryback can get his big Wrestlemania moment, defeating Show with the Shell Shock. Henry could face Sheamus, so Sheamus could test Henry now that he's back more stronger and dominant than ever. And as for Orton, that US Title match with Cesaro I mentioned above wouldn't be a bad idea.

Another 6 Man Tag with The Shield isn't the way to go. Sheamus and Ryback had John Cena on their team and still lost. If they couldn't get it done with the top man in the business, why bother with anybody else?

I'm all for a Ryback/Sheamus match. Sheamus hasn't faced an opponent his size since Triple H at WrestleMania 26. Should make for a solid mid-card match. I say leave both men as faces and let the crowd cheer for who they want. I don't know about turning Ryback heel so soon. Why go against all the work you did to get the guy over in the first place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back