• Money in the bank 2011

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
So today we have:

Money_in_the_Bank_%282010%29.jpg
Vs​
200px-Money_in_the_Bank_%282011%29.jpg

As you can tell by the poster it is both of the annual money in the bank pay per view events that have happened in WWE so far. So let us begin the the inaugural event! Money in the bank 2010 was held on July 18, 2010 at the sprint center in Kansas City, Missouri with an attendance of about 8,000 people. The promotional poster for the event features Kofi Kingston reaching for the briefcase, fitting poster for this event anyway lets move on to the good stuff. Matches on the card included; The SD MITB which featured Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Christian, Matt Hardy and The Big Show. The Usos Vs The Hart Dynasty for the Tag title, 2 divas title matches, and now onto the big matches. The Raw MITB which included Ted Dibiase, Mark Henry, The Miz, Evan Bourne, Edge, Chris Jericho Randy Orton, and John Morrison, The World championship match pitted Jack Swagger vs Rey Mysterio and the WWE title match had Sheamus locked in a cage with John Cena. My favorite match here is The SD MITB, it was just so action packed. At almost a half hour this was the longest Money in the bank ladder match to date as well as one of the best. I have heard some people call this one a spot fest (dumb because that is what they are supposed to be). The Raw one was a HUGE disappointment for me considering that you had 2 great ladder legends, 2 awesome high flyers, 2 great brawlers, and Ted Dibiase and Mark Henry (which I could have done without). There was no reason for this match to be underwhelming which I felt it was. I literally felt no excitement when watching this the first time. It could have been a creative, crazy, and fast paced match but was not.

Money in the bank 2011 was held on July 17, 2011 at the AllState arena in Chicago Illinois with an attendance of about 14,000. The promotional poster features..... Big Show and Hornswoggle looking like they are bums watching a ring? What the hell:confused:? Anyway the matches on the card included The Big Show vs Mark Henry, Kelly Kelly vs Brie Bella and that it for the average stuff. OH so now we have the good stuff that included The SD MITB with Wade Barrett, Heath Slater, Kane, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Justin Gabriel, Sin Cara, and Daniel Bryan. The Raw MITB had Alex Riley, The Miz, R-Truth, Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, and Alberto Del Rio. The main events were Randy Orton vs Christian for the World Heavyweight Championship, and John Cena vs CM Punk for the WWE championship. Do I really need to answer the big question of what is my favorite match? As you already know it is John Cena vs Punk. To tell the truth all that needs to be said about this match has already been said before.

My pick here is the 2011 edition. The 2010 event was great but the 2011 will go down as a classic in WWE history. The atmosphere was there for 2011 and mildly there for 2010. That is really all I can say here.

Highlights

[YOUTUBE]ipTRqYQ7j_U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bexEEv3kPg4[/YOUTUBE]

Which Money in the bank Pay per view was better? Why?

Based on those highlights I gotta go with MitB 2010... 2011 was just a repeat of 2010. ;)

Hehe jk

I would have to go with 2011, if only for the main event of CM Punk vs John Cena. That main event was something of mythic proportions. Like on par with the best WM main events. That main event aside, I think they were both fairly on par with one another.

I say 2011 only because of Cena V punk!! Throw that match out i gotta give it to 2010 only by a slight margin!!! Pretty much the same ppv two years in a row with a few head scratchers!!

No.. No... No. NOT just because of Cena vs. Punk, it was better than Money in the Bank 2010 in every aspect. The World Heavyweight Title match was better, The Money in the Bank matches were better, there were better Money in the Bank winners, The Undercard matches were better. And the crowd was a ton better.

I do believe that without the Punk/Cena match the PPV would've still been better.

Let's compare.

RAW briefcase winner: The Miz
SMACKDOWN briefcase winner: Kane
Main event 1: Kane cashes in on Rey after Rey defeats Swagger.
Main event 2: Sheamus retains against Cena.

RAW briefcase winner: Alberto Del Rio
SMACKDOWN briefcase winner: Daniel Bryan
Main event 1: Christian VS Randy Orton in a show stealer.
Main event 2: John Cena VS CM Punk in a show stealer as well as match of the year contender.

It is no surprise to me that 2011 has destroyed 2010 in the poll because not only did it have better briefcase winners, but better matches too. There was only one filler match in 2011 (Henry VS Show) whereas everything in 2010 other than the ladder matches felt like filler. Both world title matches were show stealers in 2011 and we saw a shocking surprise in Bryan's victory. 2011 all the way.

2011, and it's not even close.

2010 featured two solid Money in The Bank matches but the rest of the card wasn't even memorable. The Miz and Kane both won the Money in the Bank breifcases which led to amazing runs with their respective brand's top title. Both the World Heavyweight Championship match between Rey Mysterio and Jack Swagger and the WWE Championship match between Sheamus and John Cena felt exactly like Raw Main Events. Both matches weren't PPV worthy.

On the other hand, Money in The Bank 2011 was nearly flawless. Both Money in the Bank matches were great in their own right. We saw two IWC favorites win a chance to cash in at anytime over the year by winning their brand's breifcase. Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio were fine picks to win here. The World Heavyweight Championship match almost stole the show and outshined what Rey Mysterio and Jack Swagger did the previous year. However, the match that made this PPV a classic was the awesome encounter between John Cena and CM Punk. This match proved how great of a wrestler John Cena was. Throw in the heated Chicago crowd and you get magic. This feud here felt a lot like Wrestlemania. The anticipation, the action, the crowd involvement; this match was perfect with little flaws.

Overall, 2011's was all around better then 2010's. Every single match out did the previous year's and it's really no contest, whatsoever. Money in the Bank 2011 felt like Wrestlemania and at times I wish it had been. Wrestlemania 27 was ok but it's pretty damn sad when the Money in the Bank PPV is better. MiTB 2011 is where CM Punk's career was altered. Where he was considered one if the best wrestlers not only in the WWE but in the world. MiTB 2011 is where Cena gained some new found respect from his haters. A PPV where the WWE put everything they had into one PPV that wasn't one of the big four.

In my opinion, 2011's Money in the Bank will likely go down as the single best PPV of the 2010 decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back