WWE legend's possible revealing tweet *POSSIBLE SPOILER*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo89

Seeker of the Damned
fROM THE WRESTLEZONE HOME PAGE...

According to Reddit.com, former WWE and TNA star Mick Foley posted the following Tweet on his Twitter account, which he later deleted:

"I'm going to have to end this AMA chat in about 15 minutes..have to e-mail Michael Cole, and make my flight reservations for New orleans for Sunday. Wait, I didn't mean to say that! Pay no attention to that man!"

What are everybody's thoughts on this?

is it a tease and he is playing with everybody, or is it that he will be at HIAC?

I personally feel that he will be revealed as the anonymous GM of raw and will play a part in this Punk/HHH/Nash storyline.

he said that to garner the response you have just gave. Nothing more and nothing less. Just a tease to get the fans talking.

Maybe he will show up, maybe he wont. I seriously doubt if he was set to appear that he would say anything at all though. Why ruin the suprise?

it just seems strange to me that he put it up and then deleted it, if it was meant as a tease to us all he would have left it on his twitter account and not taken it down. We will find out in the next few hours.......maybe he will be involved in the WWE title match in some capacity (if he will be there).

I wouldn't put a ton of stock in it, nor would I be shocked to see this be real. On the one hand, Foley could just be drawing attention to himself. As much as it pains me to say it, if you read his AMA on reddit, it was a lot of self-shilling. I don't blame him - a man needs to make money. But nevertheless, he's trying to generate hype for himself, so don't be shocked if that's all this is.

At the same time, now that he's completely separated from TNA, there's nothing precluding a return to the WWE. He didn't really burn any bridges when he left, and I'm sure Vince and HHH would love to have him be a part of the company again. A Hall of Fame berth is almost undeniable. If they want to get Foley in one last storyline (I know talk has been thrown around of one more match at WM), this is a good way to start it. Perhaps Foley returns as Punk's ally, rallying against his old foe, HHH? Who knows.

Ultimately I'm not going to be shocked if this is just hot air, but I wouldn't be stunned to see a Foley return either.

I doubt he'll be revealed at the Raw GM. He was working with TNA when they started it (though I guess WWE never was one to care about it's plot holes), and they have not runt he Annonymous GM gimmick for what seems like months now. . .so there would be practically no build up over it at all. It would just sorta be like, "oh yeah, I forgot they had an Annonymous GM. I guess it's Mick Foley, cool". Rather than am, "holy crap it's Mick Foley!", after being annoyed with the Raw GM announcements for a month or two.

He deleted it for the exact reason you were assuming he'd leave it up. By deleting it, it creates more controversy, thus creating more ca$h, well sorta. You see, by posting it and then deleting it, the dirtsheets have picked up on it. Fans (like you) think there is something mysterious about it. They then purchase the PPV in hopes of seeing Mr. Foley's long awaited return to the 'E. Thus, ca$h is created for WWE. Sadly, there's very little chance Foley does appear at HiaC. Then again.... you just never know...... right???

One other possibility is that he is going to the show but isn't actually going to feature. Past wrestlers regularly attend events and hang about backstage. Technically he isn't telling any lies in this scenario.

First of all, how do you classify Mick Foley as a Legend? He was a very entertaining "wrestler" but NEVER would I think of him as a legend. Everyone knows he's headed back for yet another SHORT stint with WWE. He'll be gone after another creative dispute. as always. Foley has no loyalty to the fans or any one promotion. He's all about himself with a what can you so for me attitude. So welcome back Mick....for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back