WWE Intro Theme Songs Discussion

Radical

Championship Contender
Hey, what's up?

Please tell me I am not alone in thinking that the previous SmackDown intro theme was THE BEST intro theme SmackDown has ever had or at least better than the one they have now.

This is the one I am talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8a6YLnMmTo

IMO, that theme has great lyrics and beat for getting you 'hyped up' for watching a wrestling show. I.E. "So you think you can shoot your mouth off? Well you better watch your aim!"

Now for Raw, I've liked a lot of their past theme songs... the one by Papa Roach, the one by Union Underground was great. The one they have now by Nickelback I don't absolutely hate but I'm sure they could do better. In fact, funny thing is I honestly would like the Superstars intro theme song as the Raw theme song instead.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvT8GzpRMc8

What's funny about the Superstars intro is that 90% of the Superstars they show in the intro clip don't appear on Superstars! But the theme song is pretty rad! Why wouldn't they have it as the Raw theme song by the way, seeing as the lyrics even say "you can't see" with a clip of Cena, their poster boy!

Agree? Disagree? Let's hear it.

What does it matter? You hear them spariodically throughout the night, it isn't as if you're being forced to listen to it, whether you like the songs or not. You don't like it, turn down the volume until someone makes their way onto the screen. I dislike Nickleback, think they're horrible, but I don't complain about the theme song because eventually they'll change it, plus it could be a helluva' lot worse e.g. some crappy punk or even a pop band, or something R'n'B.

WWE won't be using Adelitas Way as the theme for RAW, it wouldn't make sense and the change just wouldn't happen. Song is good, but it doesn't fit the main show, WWE can earn more money off having Nickleback perform their number one shows theme song than they could having little known Adelitas Way do it, who wouldn't have a quarter the fanbase Nickleback have. So take a moment to see it from the business perspective.

And the Smackdown theme, is okay. I prefer the alternate theme "Hangman" by Rev Theory, but once again you have to look at it from a business side. Green Day are much more known, marketable and mainstream than Rev Theory. The song "Know Your Enemy" was released as a single and most people recognize it, therefore it become associated by nature to Smackdown. It's business, not what they like or dislike. Personally, my favorite Smackdown theme was "Rise Up" by Drowning Pool and the re-hash in 2006. Plus Marilyn Manson's "Beautiful People" is much better than Divide the Day or whatever they call themselves.

I agree that Raw and Smackdown's themes don't sound good for a wrestling show. I think Smackdown should go with their secondary song "Hangman" by Rev theory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSVOmTBXEUc

It's a good song with great energy. It would be a great song for Smackdown, and anything would be better than that fucking Greenday song.

I agree that Superstars has an awesome theme (Adalita's Way is one of my favorite bands), but switching it to Raw would be weird since it's been with Superstars for so many years.

As for Raw starring Brock Lesnar they should use "Here Comes The Pain" by Jim Johnston. LOL JK. I think they should use "Smile and Wave" by Stemm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HljPYr45_6c&feature=related (Song starts at 1.15)

Stemm is an amazing band, and I think this would be a good song.

The problem is the music they use for any program doesn't have enough aggressive attitude behind it. If I am in the backstage area getting ready to wrestle a match, I don't want to hear Nickelback or Green Day or any of these stupid ass ppv theme songs come on when the show starts. What's wrong with getting edgy? Heavy metal intros would do so much better and no I am not talking about Metallica-The Memory Remains, that was a weak song for The Hell In a Cell match. I am talking about heavy as hell music that gets the blood pumping and the focus comes to that aggressive point.

Yeah i gta agree with the guy above!! The music has to suit the product!! Nickleback is the better of the two, my younger brothers always yell along to the HEY part in the chorus! But the Green Day is no good!! I always thought a little Galactic Cowboys "feel the rage" would fit right in there!! But the OTHER guy above me was even more right! Its business! They had manson when manson was big, and they had Drowning pool was big! Green Day are bigger then ever now, and if i ever here that song i'm gna start thinking "I wonder who's in a tag match this friday..."! Its more likely i'm going to here Green Day in some strange place then Marilyn Manson!!

Just as an aside... Have ye guys heard the NXT theme?? It makes me sick! It sounds like the opening to a highschool drama!! I get that the show is a little less mature than the other products (ye guys should check it out, its great) but i cant see how it fits! It has lyrics like "these are the best days of our lives!!!" and god... God. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT PUNCHING AND STUFF!!!

I personally don't like both themes. The RAW theme is growing on me, but that SmackDown Green Day nonsense.....my god.

But times change I guess, they can't keep the same song for too long. The current intros are going to get changed eventually as the times change.

However, I have to disagree with the OP here because the best theme and intro SmackDown ever had was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtBfpNeX-Jk

The best RAW intro and theme, IMO, was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnru0xR1WOc

Like somebody already said, these themes and intro had an edge behind them which made them so addicting and polarizing. But now, I turn the volume down on my TV or computer when the Smackdown intro comes on. The RAW theme, like I said before, is growing on me.

The first SmackDown theme "Everybody on the Ground" was great. I do like "Let It Roll" and "The Beautiful People" but this theme was just simply built to be the introduction of a show. It gets you pumped and ready for some action.

As for Raw, I am disappointed on them using Nickelback. Don't really enjoy the song or the band. I did enjoy Papa Roach's tune but at least the current song isn't a crappy R'N'B song. Hopefully this is the year they change the theme.

Keep the Superstars and NXT themes. These are good basic songs and what you would expect for these sorts of shows.

I didn't even talk about NXT theme in my original post because it is so bland and so not interesting.

I also didn't mean that Raw should take the Superstars theme song NOW because obviously it is associated with Superstars but I mean I feel it would have been a better fit for Raw rather than Superstars.

I'd be fine if Superstars kept the same theme for a while but I'm looking forward to seeing when Raw and SmackDown (and NXT) will change their theme songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back