WWE HIAC 2010 - Randy Orton (c) vs. Sheamus - WWE Championship - HIAC

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator

Live on pay-per-view, WWE Champion Randy Orton and Sheamus will finally meet in a no disqualification scenario – inside the demonic structure known as Hell in a Cell. With the steel walls of the Devil’s Playground surrounding them, only one man will stand victorious as the WWE Champion at Hell in a Cell, but perhaps neither will ever be the same.

This encounter – the third and tie-breaking pay-per-view bout – will settle a lingering score between both Superstars, who each hold a disqualification victory over the other in singles matches for the WWE Title.

One night after Randy Orton outlasted five other competitors, including then-champion Sheamus, to win the WWE Title at Night of Champions, Raw’s anonymous General Manager announced that The Celtic Warrior and The Viper would square off inside Hell in a Cell. Well aware of their history in one-on-one competition, both Superstars relished in the fact that they would meet in such a setting.

There is, however, one clear advantage that the WWE Champion has over his opponent: Sheamus has never competed inside the Hell in a Cell while Orton has stepped inside the vile entrapment on two occasions. The Viper’s first Hell in a Cell appearance came earlier in his career against the very man who originated the match, The Undertaker. WWE’s Apex Predator’s second match inside the demon’s den resulted in victory over John Cena for the WWE Championship at the inaugural Hell in a Cell event one year ago.

Even with Orton’s experience inside the steel structure, Sheamus remains confident, citing his claim of ending Triple H’s career with his bare hands, and bragging of his intent to do the same to The Viper. The fighting Irishman, himself, boasts an impressive track record when it comes to specialty matches and the WWE Championship. The Celtic Warrior won his first title by defeating John Cena in a Tables Match, and then achieved his second reign months ago in a high stakes Fatal 4-Way Match that included Orton.

With no disqualifications, no luck of the Irish and no way to slither out of this match, Sheamus and WWE Champion Randy Orton will finally have to battle to the brutal end inside Hell in a Cell.

The Irishman has risen to the top faster than any other WWE Superstar in recent history, but he is one RKO away from losing all of his momentum. Who will emerge from this Hell in a Cell Match with Raw’s top prize slung over the shoulder?​

Excellent. This is predictable, but not too bad really. It's a Cell match, the WWE only has two weeks for build-up, and this is the best they could do with such short time period to work with. It's slightly different, and this will probably be the last match in the feud, and for that we can all be thankful.

As for the winner, I predict that after a huge Hell in a Cell match, Randy Orton will retain. Then, The Miz will come down and attempt to cash in his Money in the Bank contract if he's in any fit state to. He may win, he may lose, who knows. I just really believe Hell in a Cell is Miz's cashing-in time.

I think that this match could be good and it makes sense especially since HIC is in 2 weeks they need a match that already has build to it which Sheamus Vs Orton already has. I think that Orton gets the win here but I do not see the MIZ cashing in at HIC.

This should be good and all but is this really worthy of being a cell match? HIAC matches are meant to end brutal and personal fueds, this fued hardly fits that description. I mean what has happened in this fued, some promos, Orton went psycho with a chair, Orton hit some RKO's, they had a singles match. That hardly seems worthy of a cell match to me. Having said that though I can't say I blame them they only have two weeks build up so there isn't time to start a new fued so they had to use this. As for the winner, I see Randy retaining, he is just way too hot right now to only give him a two week title reign and Sheamus just had a long (by todays standards) run with the belt, I don't see Miz cashing in as I don't think he will be in any shape too following his inevitable rematch with DBD.

I see triple h coming back during or soon after this ppv , i would really prefer " triple h vs sheamus " again but idk , orton will retain unless shemus brings a leprachaun with him ( the luck of the irish ) i dont see their " feud " lasting after this ppv .. cena is occupied with nexus , miz is occupied with daniel bryan , edge and jericho are going to smackdown , so that leaves randy orton , sheamus , and possibly triple h .

Orton will win, plain & simple. This is the blow-off match to the entire feud. I see Orton sticking with the belt past this PPV (That Means No Cash In, Sorry Folks).

Orton has everything in his favour heading into this contest. He's this generations Steve Austin in a way (Tired Old Comparison, But If You've Watched Raw over the Last Month, You'll Know what I mean), and he has all the momentum in the world heading into this one.

For Sheamus, this match is going to be about getting away from the title and saying hello to Mr. Hunter Hearst Helmsley once more. Triple H may make an appearance during the match, he may not but I do highly suspect that the return of 'The Game' is imminent and it may have a decisive factor in this one.

I am I the only one who thinks these guys don't mesh well in the ring? It would because they try to book each guy so strong that it just comes across as forced. Is there really any interest in this match? When Orton won at the PPV, it had such a sense of finality to it. Mainly because it was Orton who pinned Sheamus without a hitch.

The whole main event scene will change at HIAC. If Miz loses his rematch aganist Daneilson when he gets one in the future, then you can see him cashing in on on probably Orton. Also this may be the opening for HHH to return. Sheamus and Orton have a epic "PG" fight and they're both exhausted. Shameus is about to win till HHH comes out of the ring getting revenge on Shameus. Orton retains. Then everything clears out and then AWESOME blares through out the arena. Miz pissed since he can't reclaim his US title cashes in on Orton and becomes the WWE champion. There we have it set up with 2 feuds. HHH v. Shameus and Miz v. Orton. Then Bragging rights comes around and we see a fatal 4 way for the wwe title. Orton v. Miz v. HHH v. Shameus. That seems to be the most likely senario for the HIAC ppv to me.

Im looking forward to this match. Hopefully WWE can actually make them take advantage of the No Dq, and pull out some great spots. I do see Orton winning and Miz Cashing.

Why the hell do people see Miz cashing? So what it's Hell in a Cell. Orton has the strap, and he is the money guy right now. He will keep it. Orton is not going to be a transitional champion to The Miz. TLC and The Elimination Chamber are far more brutal than the PG Hell in a Cell, so just because it's a "brutal" match, doesn't mean cash in.

This match is so obvious, I don't even know why they are having this match and PPV with only 2 weeks of build.

Even if the Miz did cash in, he ain't winning it. Not only is he not ready to carry the A show, but Orton is not going to be on the role that he is and have just a 2 week title reign.

Not another one. I have to admit I've grown tired of their feud rather quickly. I love Sheamus as a champion, and I really adore the thought of a face Randy Orton champion at this point. However, their match-up has pretty much become a rather big lack luster right now, considering the fact that while Sheamus is all warranted for a rematch, Randy and Sheamus have been all up in each others faces for the past 2 months period of time. It gets rather old, rather quickly, especially considering neither one of them seems to have some kind of firm momentum over the other.

Randy of course will come out the champion of this one as well. It's not gonna end up like Randy Orton vs John Cena last year, because quite honestly Sheamus isn't on that level to compete with Randy Orton as the polar opposite of Randy in terms of alignment and past experience with each other. Randy is the odd on favorite to win it, both from a kayfabe perspective, as well as from backstage perspectives considering he won't be loosing the championship after 2 weeks again.

It'll be a fine match, but it'll hardly be the most interesting match, or the best.

Why the hell do people see Miz cashing? So what it's Hell in a Cell. Orton has the strap, and he is the money guy right now. He will keep it. Orton is not going to be a transitional champion to The Miz. TLC and The Elimination Chamber are far more brutal than the PG Hell in a Cell, so just because it's a "brutal" match, doesn't mean cash in.

This match is so obvious, I don't even know why they are having this match and PPV with only 2 weeks of build.

Even if the Miz did cash in, he ain't winning it. Not only is he not ready to carry the A show, but Orton is not going to be on the role that he is and have just a 2 week title reign.

Orton may be the money guy, but their pushing Miz. If HHH returns, it opens up 2 feuds for Raw. Also you don't need Randy as a transitional champ. You can have Miz and Orton feud though the winter and leave off HHH and Shameus.

I like Orton as champion, and Sheamus has grown on me a bit (a very small amount). But with PG rules on PPV as well, this match should blow (being compared to earlier HIAC matches). Neither one of these guys will hit a big spot, so what's left? Brutality would be my normal answer..but no. Have to please the kiddies and their parents!

I hope Orton retains, HHH comes back soon so he and Sheamus can do their thing, and it's over with. Orton needs a fresh feud with another top-level heel.

And as for this Miz talk, it's getting old. Every freakin' PPV the smarks come out in full force, crying about the Miz not cashing in his MITB contract. PEOPLE! They have a plan for him! Just let it play out. I happen to like Orton as champion, and I hope the Miz is the first to lose when cashing in. But that's just me.

I see Orton winning, I really don't want to see this match in my opinion this two don't have very good chemistry and I find their matches together rather boring. Hopefully The Hell in a Cell Stipulation changes that.

I dont want Miz to cash in on MITB.. If Orton has to job the title for 2 weeks why should the WWE chamiponship belt thrown at him? Sheamus could have retained it.. He need to hold it for least 2-3 PPV's..

And as for this Miz talk, it's getting old. Every freakin' PPV the smarks come out in full force, crying about the Miz not cashing in his MITB contract. PEOPLE! They have a plan for him! Just let it play out. I happen to like Orton as champion, and I hope the Miz is the first to lose when cashing in. But that's just me.

Exactly. And it's not just you, either. I swear, every pay per view you see the same 3 things on this forum: 1. This is the one where miz cashes in!! 2. This is the one where HHH returns! or 3. This is the one where Cena turns heel!

Granted, eventually the first 2 will happen, but I agree it is getting old to see of slew of these comments for every pay per view. You also have to consider from a business standpoint: the WWE just put on a pay per view 2 weeks ago with a great card. A lot of people are probably not likely to buy a second "lower tier" pay per views only 2 weeks later. From a business perspective, it makes more sense to have the much pined for miz cash in or the HHH return on a pay per view that more people are likely to order. Even if it's not one of the big 4, at least one that is likely to have a higher buy rate.

As for this match itself, I personally have no interest in HIAC matches. Don't know why, but they don't do it for me, and I find Orton boring. I don't think there's any chance of orton losing here, but I hope that the main point of this match is to give sheamus a good opportunity to really shine, regardless of the outcome.

First of all, am I the only one surprised they're still calling this match (now full blown pay-per-view :rolleyes:) Hell In A Cell? Honestly, I was waiting for Cole to announce a Heck In A Box match.

Thirdly, does anyone really care to see Orton vs Sheamus agane? This feud, if you can call it that, has been pretty lackluster and Sheamus has yet to even come close to defeating Orton. Which leads me to my next point...

Secondly, does anyone think Sheamus has even a snowball's chance in hell of beating Orton so soon after he won the title? It's way too obvious that Orton's retaining and causes this match to lose what little interest it may have had.

And finally, having a ppv themed after the Hell In A Cell match type just ruins the feud finality luster HIAC matches carried with them. The Orton/Sheamus feud is not HIAC-worthy. I'm almost certain Undertaker will be facing Kane in a HIAC match and then move on to face him agane at the next ppv which makes absolutely no sense in my opinion. Intense personal feuds should naturally culminate to a HIAC match and not just be used because a gimmick ppv is forcing it. In fact, the only feud I think is deserving of the cell right now is The Miz/Bryan one. It's been brewing for a while and has gotten quite intense and personal.

Fourthly, two weeks of build before a ppv? Now you're just getting too damn greedy WWE.

This is what wwe needs orton with the title. no cena and sheamus and after randy can face people who deserve the title for a change. As for what will happen after? I see 3 possiblities.

1. Orton wins simple as that.
2. Miz cashes in win/lose it dosn't matter nobody willl give a shit.
3. sheamus wins and for the past few months hes been bragging about hunter so maybe its time to eith reveal HHH as RAW GM or prove his career isn't over.

i would love all of this to happen in the same night (apart from sheamus winning) :S

I was afraid of this. As soon as Orton hit that RKO on Sheamus, my heart sank. The matches they had at the Royal Rumble and Summerslam were terrible, and now WWE is going to put these two in a Hell In A Cell match? I'm really not looking forward to this at all. As far as Orton retaining goes.....Orton might win the match, but there's always a chance that The Miz could cash in his MITB briefcase, but I still don't think it's going to happen here. I just don't think WWE is going to take the belt off of Orton after two weeks. Especially when you consider the HUGE push he's been receiving these past couple of months. I think Orton will retain here, but I'm really, really not looking forward to this match.

I don't have any expectations about this match actually. I mean the build-up is up to 2 weeks wich sucks big time. How can you have a feud that DESERVES to end in HiaC? Definitely this isn't the case. The result? Plain and simple, mr. Orton is going to retain. The match? Hmmm, well unless they surprise us with a brutal PG match, I don't have hopes on this one. Their previous encounters aren't exactly classic matches....

Looks like they are going to blow-off the feud between Randy Orton and Sheamus here, which I am quite glad about. We need an ending to this feud, both storyline-wise and the fact that them two together in the ring one-on-one isn't the most fascinating of matches. But, they're in the Cell... so things might be able to pick up. Sheamus is pretty dominant and vicious, but so is Orton (and moreso). With the DQ and such not being a factor, they are allowed to venture outside of the box and perform some spots that'll hopefully make this match worth-while.

As for the outcome, the only logical way for this to end is Randy Orton taking the victory so he can go on to face other challengers and showing off his dominance. You can't take the title off of him after only a couple of weeks, especially after this whole push. However, Sheamus without the championship or chasing it is quite limited. I mean, what else can Sheamus do on RAW? Unless Triple H comes back to finish off their feud, you're going to run into trouble for him... maybe have one last match with John Cena where the ending is a clean finish if Cena does indeed defeat the Nexus.

Hopefully, like Falkon said, this is the blow-off match because it feels like the hundredth time we've seen these two go at it. It's hard to argue against Orton retaining because i don't think they would build him up to the stage he's on now for him to be transitional champion to The Miz. If that were the case, i would have imagined Miz cash in right at the end of NOC, with Orton sporting one of those new 5 minute reigns that Cena brought into fashion at EC.

As for the return of HHH, yeah i can see it and i could easily see the audience pop like crazy if 'time to play the game hit' towards the end of the match. The beauty of Orton's gimmick is he could pounce on Sheamus when he is distracted by the music because hey, he's the viper. This could lead to HHH v Sheamus at Bragging Rights as i feel there's enough talent on RAW to fill the 7 spots needed for the SD vs RAW match for Orton/Miz and HHH/Sheamus to happen at Bragging Rights. Perhaps a double DQ leading to them captaining teams at Survivor Series before a blow-off match at TLC.
But overall, as much as i like Sheamus as a wrestler and a champion, it would make more sense for Orton to keep the belt for a while yet.

I honestly see Orton retaining here. He JUST got the title. There's no reason to put it back on Sheamus. Maybe Miz will cash in. Maybe not. I'm not expecting much out of a match that was barely put together two weeks after another PPV. Orton will retain because losing the title so soon would make his title reign completely pointless.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Randy Orton will retain the WWE Championship.

This has to be the blow off match to their feud. In WWE these days, 3 months is a long time unless theres something personal involved, for two men to be feuding. Orton was No. 1 Contender at Summerslam, won the title at NOC, now heads into the PPV with the strap. There's really no emotional investment in this match other then "Sheamus has a rematch clause." Sheamus has been name dropping HHH a lot recently, so I wouldnt be siurprised to see a return here, perhaps even costing Sheamus the title. I dont see Miz cashing in here quite yet, Orton has been chasing the title for a long while now, and I dont see them taking it off him after 2 weeks. theres plenty of other gimmick PPV's down the line for WWE to do that.

I don't see this being a great match, we've seen what these do can do together and it has been mediocre at best. I'm not knocking them, I'm just trying not to get anybodies hopes up. That being said I definitely see Randy Orton retaining the belt. There is no way that the WWE would take the belt off him after 2 weeks. The ratings aren't his fault, because when it comes to me... I'd rather see Orton as Champ.

we all shit on gimmick ppvs a bit but this is one of the few cases where the gimmick ppv actually works

think about it.sheamus is a bit like hhh circa 2000.he is scared of the lunatic orton but at the same time his pride has been dented by losing the championship.now if that was not bad enough the norms of the ppv say he has to face orton for the title.......inside a CELL.orton is pleased coz he knows sheamus has no place to hide.

so while i think orton is going to retain this could end up being the best match of either guys' career.also the pressure is a bit on orton too because he is not really known for great matches.he has had like 2 great matches(vs foley and vs taker)in a 7 year career.this could be make or break for both guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back