WWE Extreme Rules 2016 Live Discussion

Pretty fun show. Nothing stands out as bad at all. The four way was great and Reigns vs AJ was pretty awesome. Bummed that Reigns is still champion, but oh well. Great that Rollins is back but can't help but feel the return fell a little flat after the emotion of that match. Reigns and Rollins will have some great matches.

One interesting booking thought that immediately occurs to me is booking AJ to win MITB prior to a Reigns vs Rollins match next month, then AJ adding another wrinkle to the feud with Reigns by cashing in on him. Could lead to a third match, a three way, or a feud with Rollins if they can come up with something to distract Roman (Lesnar?).

phenomenal forearm, two styles clashes (1 on the chair), a Magic Killer, Boot of Doom, 5+ chair shots, a "knee injury", and he still wins. Jesus what are they thinking with him?

When is anyone ever a heel when they come back from a lengthy absence? And weren't they about to turn Rollins face to feud with Triple H before his injury anyway?

Seriously dude, come on.

1. They're still, against better judgment, trying to push Roman as a face
2. He attacked Roman from behind and didn't play to the crowd at all
3. Lots of folks have come back from lengthy absences as heels. Sheamus for instance. Returning from an injury doesn't automatically guarantee you to be a face
4. Those were the plans yes but those plans didn't work out.

You're really dumb sometimes.

phenomenal forearm, two styles clashes (1 on the chair), a Magic Killer, Boot of Doom, 5+ chair shots, a "knee injury", and he still wins. Jesus what are they thinking with him?

I won't 100% disagree with this but there's a good amount of plausibility to a lot of them (for example the forearm was super far from the ring, the second Styles Clash had an interrupted cover) and several just aren't finishers (chair shots, knee injury). The most bothersome are the first Clash and the Magic Killer which are somewhat annoying (particularly the Magic Killer) but at this point Reigns kicking out of stuff is pretty much his major means of drawing heat.

"I kick out of finishers" isn't the most optimal gimmick but, well, it has at least produced a de facto top heel for them.

I won't 100% disagree with this but there's a good amount of plausibility to a lot of them (for example the forearm was super far from the ring, the second Styles Clash had an interrupted cover) and several just aren't finishers (chair shots, knee injury). The most bothersome are the first Clash and the Magic Killer which are somewhat annoying (particularly the Magic Killer) but at this point Reigns kicking out of stuff is pretty much his major means of drawing heat.

"I kick out of finishers" isn't the most optimal gimmick but, well, it has at least produced a de facto top heel for them.

Isn't that a hall mark of the other Top stars in WWE, like Cena, Lesnar, HHH, Taker? Roman being built to do such, lMO, protects him from the non-sensical 50/50 booking that continues to plague the entire roster.

I do hope that Seth Rollins, on his return, can also be built as such, as it does help show that a superstar is above the others in standing.

But how do you explain the utter lack of selling of the several chairshots all while having a knee injury where it is pointed out that it affects the spear? Like, I was baffled that Styles actually stayed down after that abrupt joke of an ending. Also the second clash had as long as an interrupted cover as Miz's cover on Cesaro did after the Helluva Kick.

I admire your trying to justify it but seriously, fuck WWE for this. I'd be angry if this were done to Cena too.

Didn't AJ get put through two tables? And take multiple Uso superkicks?

Also, I don't know why people think Reigns taking chair shots is relevant. The guy basically wears a bullet-proof vest. It's like putting Kane in a first blood match.

Don't forget the spear on the outside.

I was really hoping AJ was going to WrestleMania X-Seven Roman and cover him after the chair shots. Genuinely disappointed that he opted to mug for the forearm.

"Save us, Crossfit Jesus!"

From what? Have people forgotten how boring show-opening Seth Rollins promos were?

If that's the alternative, I'm fine with Roman. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back