WWE Extreme Rules 2012: John Cena vs Brock Lesnar

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
20120409_light_XR_brock_cena_C.jpg

Raw General Manager John Laurinaitis proclaimed Brock Lesnar is the new "face of WWE." Not if John Cena has something to say about it!

Lesnar will enter the squared circle for his first WWE match in eight years when he goes to war with Cena at Extreme Rules.

Lesnar turned the WWE Universe upside down when he returned to WWE on the April 2 edition of Raw SuperShow and immediately targeted Cena with a devastating F-5. The Cenation leader didn't back down the following week on Raw and responded with an emphatic slap that triggered a near-uncontrollable brawl and left Cena with a busted lip. Little did Cena know he'd later be taking another ride in the whirlwind of the F-5, proving that Lesnar is not only intent on establishing himself as the most dominant WWE Superstar; he wants to dish out punishment every chance he gets, too.

Extreme Rules, one of the most ruthless WWE pay-per-views of the year, will provide the ultimate opportunity for these two to settle their differences in the most brutal of circumstances.

It will be the first WWE in-ring action for Brock since WrestleMania XX on March 14, 2004. In just two years with WWE, Brock tore through some of the biggest and baddest competitors like an oversized wrecking ball and racked up an impressive list of accomplishments, including three WWE Championships, a Royal Rumble victory, and being crowned King of the Ring.

Now, after achieving great success in the world of mixed martial arts, Brock has his wild eyes locked on the very man he tangled with nearly a decade ago. It was early in 2003 when Cena was a cocky, trash-talking performer looking to rise up the ranks of WWE by picking a fight with "The Next Big Thing." Armed with insult-laced raps that got under Brock's skin, Cena continued to antagonize Lesnar until a final showdown for his WWE Title at Backlash on April 27, 2003.

Even though the two rivals haven't squared off since, it's very clear that Brock still wants to inflict pain on the 10-Time WWE Champion after all these years. Well, there isn't a more suitable domain to unleash that hunger for pain than at Extreme Rules, which takes place live on pay-per-view April 29 from the Allstate Arena in Chicago.

Coming off a very close loss to The Rock at WrestleMania, Cena will surely be looking to make a powerful statement in what could be the most physically demanding battle of his career. And judging by Brock's recent unpredictable attacks, there's no telling what he's capable of doing on the one night of the year when the entire WWE throws out the rulebook.

It was announced tonight on Raw. These two had a brawl that left Cena bloody and the locker room empty. You've got a legitimate badass against the top star in the WWE. I think this is going to be one hell of a match, since it will be under Extreme Rules; or NO rules. Just imagine the possibilities.

Discuss and DO NOT SPAM!!!

I was really surprised to see this matchup right away at a secondary PPV which is only three weeks away. I loved that opening segment, though, really physical and really legitimate looking. I love blood in the WWE because it is so sporadic that it makes the action look so much more real. Leaves you wondering if it was purposeful or not.

The look on Brock's face was so real. He looked so pissed off. Either he has really recaptured the concept of kayfabe right off the bat, or he still has a legitimate mean streak. Or possibly a little of both.

I was really surprised to see this matchup right away at a secondary PPV which is only three weeks away. I loved that opening segment, though, really physical and really legitimate looking. I love blood in the WWE because it is so sporadic that it makes the action look so much more real. Leaves you wondering if it was purposeful or not.

The look on Brock's face was so real. He looked so pissed off. Either he has really recaptured the concept of kayfabe right off the bat, or he still has a legitimate mean streak. Or possibly a little of both.

Well, it was reported that Lesner was never a fan of Cena so there could be some real life dislike between the 2.

Also, I do agree that this match is not really suited for Extreme Rules...more like SummerSlam......which could turn out to be Brock vs Rock II.

I'm guessing this will be a Street Fight. It has to have a gimmick (a regular one-on-one match just wouldn't fly at Extreme Rules) and I think based on what happened at the beginning of Raw, a Street Fight is a good bet for the match stipulation.

Not 100% sure but wasn't it 10 years ago that Cena versed Lesnar at Backlash (Extreme Rules replaced Backlash)? Coincidence? I think not.

I was surprised this match was announced so soon. I was expecting his return match later in the year,at Summerslam like most thought. However this has me excited too see Lesnar return to the ring a lot sooner than I expect. I've always loved watching Lesnar wrestle and I'm curious to see if hes still as good as when he left.

I'm also wondering if there will be a stipulation added on since it is Extreme Rules. Or if it will be just a one on one bout. Ether way,it will be great to see Lesnar back in a WWE ring. I just hope he remembers that this isn't UFC because he sure messed up Cena tonight,lets hope(or pray)that he doesn't get too carried away.

What I think is going to happen, and I hope not because i dislike Lesnar a lot and would not like to see this happening is kind of a Rocky 4 scenario.

Maybe I'm wrong i hope I am, but I see Cena losing to Lesnar and then The Rock also losing to Lesnar... then they can say not even the rock could beat him and then cena beats him so that gives him Cena some heat back and doesnt make him look like the dude who gets beat by everyone.

Again i hope that doesnt happen cause as much as i dont like cena, i hope he beats brock and i hope the rock beats brock as well... after what he did back in 04 he doesnt deserve a good run ever again

I think its a waste....must mean WWE is getting desperate....Rushing a huge match like this seems stupid...On top of that who can win

Cena loses he loses two main event matches in a row to guys who are only part timers ...yet dominates every regular wrestler...Makes the WWE look bad

Brock Loses and bam there goes the whole thing

So Yeah Brock wins he has to to set up Brock v Rock...So we will get two part timers fighting each other in a big match and everyone else jobs to them...Thrills

I was also surprised to see this match announced so fast. i am starting to wonder if Brock is going to take Cena out for while. They could do an injury angle and have Cena come back for Vengence. I am sure they will have a street fight or something of the kind. Either way I don't see Brock losing his first time out.

I cannot say that I am surprised about Cena and Lesnar being in a match, but I am like a few here surprised that it is happening so soon. Are they doing this so that Lesnar and The Rock are able to be hyped up sooner? I have no idea what kind of match they will have, but I am sure it will be a good fight.

I am looking forward to this match despite the quick booking of it. I am hoping that there is an injury angle to Cena following the match and Cena can come back after Brock is being a dominate superstar terrorizing the roster and then Cena can win a rematch at a later PPV.

I'm like everyone else on these forums surprised that they are announcing this match so fast. Yes I know with Brock attacking Cena back to back weeks they had to have the match, but I'm surprised that its going to be at a lower tier PPV. Brock Lesnar will not lose in this hopefully first of three or four PPV matches of their feud.

Surprising.

I expect this match to end in an odd way with no real winner. I think this feud will continue into the summer months. I am kind of stuck on who goes over at the end of it all.

WWE has got me intrigued again. Brock seems to be going full time, or very near to it, and I think this is the best thing for WWE. The heel Lesnar siding with Johnny Ace was a nice twist.

I smell a first blood

Yeah I thought about that.

John Cena losing to two guys who haven't competed in 8 years seems like a bad decision, but they cannot have Brock lose his first match back. So I suggest Brock take Cena out, maybe MMA style, and Cena returns for Summerslam and they face off in a revenge match.

i think its way too early to see cena get crushed by lesnar?? and obviously lesnar will not lose to cena. so i see this ending in any way except by pinfall or submission.

I'm guessing all the rumors about Lesnar hating Cena may be true LOL if you watched Raw tonight you see that Brock punched him pretty stiff which resulted in Cena suffering a busted lip. Either Brock forgot he was in UFC or that was Brock's way of saying your soft and I believe it's the latter. It should be a great match at Extreme Rules.

Hopefully Cena will be taken out for a few months, being away for a while might help Cena in the long run. Then Lesnar can feud with cm punk for the wwe title while Cena is on the shelf.

Like others have said I'm surprised this is happening so fast. I was thinking Summerslam. But its a smart move by Vince. He's trying to keep the momentum from Wrestlemania going.

Looks like it wont be a 1 and done match. It will be a longer program between the two. Cant see Brock losing at Extreme Rules.

I dont buy into that Brock doesn't like Cena rumors. IMO that was leaked to try to make their feud feel more personal.

There's no way that punch was meant to hurt Cena. Lesnar wasn't looking at Cena and hit him by accident.

That being said, I could see a feud develop between these two men. That slap blew my mind

I am like a few here surprised that it is happening so soon.

^ but really how long can they have Brock running into the Ring to beat down Cena before that gets old.

unlikely that Brock loses in his first match back .. but what if it was by some flukey type ... ie a roll up or something after Lesnar gets distracted or countered by running into turnbuckle or something

no need for Super Cena to magically come back hit his 4-5 moves and pull out the W, if Cena wins make it that way

or just have Brock run through Cena and have JC miss time being "injured"

**another idea to avoid a clean finish is have it be a last man standing and have a double KO .... (didn't the first LMS match between Rock-Mankind end that way) both hit each other with chair shots at the same time and neither was able to get up before the count of ten

but I like where this feud is going, and hopefully the WWE can keep it going post Extreme Rules.

Not 100% sure but wasn't it 10 years ago that Cena versed Lesnar at Backlash (Extreme Rules replaced Backlash)? Coincidence? I think not.

It was nine years ago. They faced after Wrestlemania 19.

Pumped for this match. Not going to go into anything dragged out, but very simply, John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar in Chicago, Illinois at the All-State Arena, one of the biggest matches you can have at this present moment in time, in one of the best wrestling cities in the world. Wrestlemania has a post-season for once, couldn't come quick enough. Can't wait. Here Comes the Pain!

Really happy to see we wont be waiting around till Summer Slam to see Lesnar involved in a match. They are really doing a good job building the match up to, for the first time since 2006 i have really gotten behind John Cena, Lesnar being in the heel role and working along side Laurinaitis is a great way to get some fans back on Cena's side. Lesnar will have the older fans on his side including myself. But bottom line is the match is a conflict of interest and it looks like i will be ordering back to back PPV's for the first time since i cant recall when!

What`s up with the people complaining about the match being on the next ppv? People are never satisfied. I`m sure they will have something big for Summerslam...are we supposed to buy ppvs with terrible cards meanwhile? WWE is giving the fans a top top main event for the next ppv...sit the hell down and enjoy! Don`t pretend to be bookers or business men or whatever. It`s not as if it is the main event of next raw. Why bother about Summerslam now? It is a big PPV, they`ll have something big when that time comes. Lesnar is willing to fight in the next ppv, that is great news. Brock-Cena is great main event. And they`ll have Punk-Jericho 2, looks like a very promising ppv.
Can`t wait for that match. Not sure who wins here..Brock win would make sense, but then again Cena would not look very tough with two straight ppv loss. But it`s extreme rules, I`m guessing controversy here, specially given that Brock will probably be a heel.

This is a Wrestlemania caliber match. They must be trying to push for higher buyrates for 2nd class ppvs. Lesnar showed some impressive mic skills though in his promo with Johnny Ace.

Some folks are never happy!! I for one am ecstatic about this match. Damn this will be a great match IMO and i smell maybe just a old fashioned street fight!! Does Cena lose two in a row not only do i think that IMO I think Brock just runs over Cena!! Brock will not lose his first match back no way that happens.

Brock when he busted cena in the chicklets I looked at it and i know it hurt bad!! Brock and Cena may really have legit beef from what i dont know!! Could be back in the day kinda of beef and brock really never got over it. I just think Cena gets dominated by brock at ER. Could be a way to let Cena heal up when Brock runs him over at ER and its a possible return match at Summerslam!!

Thats what I think will happen IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back