WWE Extreme Rules 2012: John Cena vs Brock Lesnar

I've been running different scenarios through my mind ever since this match was announced on Raw. I think Brock should either win or it ends in a DQ. There is no sense in having Cena win it will totally ruin the entire Brock comeback, a win by Brock will also have a nice setup for a match with the Rock, probably at WM 29.

What could Cena gain from this? As someone posted earlier losing to the Rock and then the former UFC Heavyweight champion back to back is nothing to say he's being buried over because he's not. As with everything in the WWE there is a purpose for everything, well most of the time. I see Brock winning very convincingly and "injuring" Cena to where he misses a few weeks, a month-month and a half would be preferable but it won't happen. Have Cena make his grand return and keep his "I'm still here" attitude but with a new swagger, almost embracing the hate like Kane was trying to do and have him become a monster on a crash course with Brock somewhere down the line, more towards the end of the Brock run in the WWE.

I don't think there's a very good "should" right here. It all depends on a lot of things we don't know about – how much Brock is actually going to wrestle, what long term plans are for Lesnar and Cena (if they exist) and how much ring rust Brock has right now.

That being said, I'm going to predict that Lesnar does go over, regardless of whether or not he should.

If Cena wins then you automatically take away Lesnar's momentum. Usually wins and losses don't matter in the long run but in Lesnar's case it does. He is supposed to be a legit star and not a mid carder. Have Lesnar lose via DQ at Extreme Rules, he can look strong in doing so. >>True

They should fade to black with the ending having Lesnar putting cena in a legit looking UFC move.

While i had to laugh at the idea of a live PPV even fading to black, I see no problem with a ending similar to Austin v Bret at wrestlemania whateverteen! Great match in my opinion! If we could have a brawl to begin, and a few back off to the corners, showing both guys can take it as well as dish it out, leading into a more power moves kind of affair maybe a powerbomb and some spine busters, followed up by a more technical finish! Both guys trying their submissions, (i know,no UFC fan, myself included will buy cena's stfu, but brock can sell it) and end with cena passed out (though he can hulkout of one earlier), but not tapped out, i think that could work!! Cena still has the heart, and brock has the ability to kill you whoever you are! And Brock always looks good standing over a corpse!!

Lesners... Lesnar? Either way, he's got to win! Too soon to blow his momentum! It benefits everyone in the long run... Except of course people who hate lesnar! Lesner... lesnar, yeah!

Cena wont lose any fans if he loses and wont gain any fans if he wins. so lesnar should go over otherwise the younger audience who dont really know lesnar will think hes easy 2 beat especially if super cena beats him i will be pissed off, its been done like a million times cena hulks up and beats someone bigger than him you can see it coming from the very beginning lesnar should go over CLEAN. then cena question his ability which may tease a heel turn. (he might snap and beat the shit out of everyone). and that should end the fued so lesnar could go away for a few weeks this fued doesnt need to go on forever.

I think we're all looking at this as a one-off match,which I doubt it would be. It'll probably go 2 or 3 PPVs. In which case,yes,Lesnar should beat Cena at Extreme Rules,and Cena would beat Lesnar in the rematch,and they'll either have a rubber match or end the feud.

In terms of "credibility",yes I think it'll be a little dumb of Lesnar to come back,beat Cena up,talk a big game but lose the match. Sounds a little too much like his UFC career after he won the Heavyweight title. It shouldn't be a squash match either,that would make Cena look foolish and it would make Lesnar look ridiculously monstrous. Unless they plan on making Lesnar go on a year-long winning streak where he beats everyone in 5 minutes flat,there would be no benefit to making Lesnar squash Cena. I expect them to beat the living shit out of each other but with Lesnar coming out on top somehow,and they continue their feud.

I dont understand how this is even a question!!!! Of course Lesnar is going to beat Cena at Extreme Rules. I don't Lesnar losing a match at all unless its by DQ to be honest. Remember its all about legitamacy now and nobody in the WWE is more legit than Lesnar is plain and simple. I dont know how the next year is going to playout or who Lesnar is going to fued with during that time but I totally expect him to dominate while he is there.

what is amazing is if he does, that makes over a year with no title, putting over just about everyone he has wrestled, jobbing to Brock and Rock for the good of the company AND STILL people will cry and whine and complain how they hate him. Idiocy knows no bounds among Cena haters

what is amazing is if he does, that makes over a year with no title, putting over just about everyone he has wrestled, jobbing to Brock and Rock for the good of the company AND STILL people will cry and whine and complain how they hate him. Idiocy knows no bounds among Cena haters

The thing is Cena haters aren't getting what they want a John Cena heel turn, seriously if WWE just turned him heel for a year or even less just enough time to pass to give the haters what they want and revert him back.

Either way Cena jobbing to the Rock was the right thing, it's always a rematch WWE can do again maybe WM30, but jobbing to Brock with no rematch and big win payoff is just hurting Cena in the grand scheme of things.

As I said earlier to get Brock over as a legit threat to WWE, the E should have him go out and terrorize Cena, Cena come back and give Brock a pasting then BANG Brock gets himself DQ'ed, simply not walking away but write John out of the storylines for a month, this way it opens up the doors for someone like Henry or Big Show to step in and want to take out the hungry animal, WWE could do the same thing with Brock winning to make him look dominate then have Cena return building up their rematch.

WWE going on about this legitimecy of Brock then maybe they should have bring his Team Death Clutch into WWE with guys from FCW like Rollins/Ambrose/Hennig jr to give them the rub.

Hmm hmm hmm. Seems the WWE isn't ready to turn Cena heel just yet. Not sure what the point of everything leading up to and including WrestleMania was about, then, since it was obviously the logical conclusion to the storyline. Perhaps he'll turn in this Lesnar feud but it seems doubtful. Back to the same old Cena, then. Without the confidence to place the company's merchandise sales and ratings in the hands of other capable faces, we get regular old John Cena. He'll rise above hate, tell his PG-13 jokes, and probably beat Lesnar all the way to the Kids Choice Awards.

Sigh. (Over the top emo kid emphasis added)

Alright, then. I can't imagine this is the last meeting between the two so I don't expect this to be a classic and it will probably have some Dusty finish of one variety or another. I think the reasonable storyline thing to do is have Brock beat Cena, leading him to question his identity as the greatest in the company when out of shape ex-main eventers who were too busy for the last several years playing Tooth Fairies and getting knocked out by Mexicans can waltz back into the company on any given night and have their way with him. This existential crisis eventually would lead to Cena desperately trying to beat anyone he could; in his confused state, upper midcarders like the Miz and Ziggler would trump him clean, leading him to eventually go to town on a guy like Kofi Kingston, practically murdering him in the ring just to get a win, then snapping when the crowd turns on him for it. For all the various sigh worthy reasons in the opening, that probably won't happen.

At the same time, with an ego like Lesnar's and the kind of money he no doubt commands, I really can't imagine him losing this match. Or any match to Cena, really. And even if they don't want to turn Cena heel, they can't really have Brock lose his first match by any means if they intend for him to continue being credible. I'm not putting a ton of stock into the Brock/Rock WWE Title rumor at WrestleMania 29, but I would expect Lesnar to figure prominently into any conversation regarding WrestleMania 29 and as such he really needs to look good on his way there. He can drop a match to Cena along the way, certainly. Lots of people have and continued to look good. Just not his first match. I therefore expect Brock Lesnar to win this match but probably but Johnny Ace being a douchebag and mucking it all up, leading to further rematches.

Doesn't this need a stipulation, too? Or are we just giving up on gimmick PPVs? Problem is there's not a whole lot of heat between the two yet. I guess simple No DQ is fine for now.

I wonder if they are planning something more down the throat like, such as Lord Tensai running in to demolish Cena (along with Brock of course) and than have the pair introduced as a new crew of the Dynamic dude.
Either way, is the writing on the wall for Cena to be taking a break for a bit after this match? It seems like it.

Well, it was reported that Lesner was never a fan of Cena so there could be some real life dislike between the 2.

Also, I do agree that this match is not really suited for Extreme Rules...more like SummerSlam......which could turn out to be Brock vs Rock II.

My question to you is if it wasn't meant for Extreme Rules then what would creative do with Brock Lesnar?
They want to use his full 1 year contract and it just wouldn't make senese for him to feud with any one other then the companies top star.
Again, this is just my opinion.

Extreme Rules, as far as the match gimmick goes, kind of just means Hardcore now, huh? Like it used to feel a step above Hardcore Matches, featuring weapons that were trademarks of ECW, but now they're just normal stuff. That's not to say it's bad and I don't understand it. ECW's a product of WWE now, so why not name a match after it rather than use an obscure, less marketable name like "Hardcore"?

Brock Lesnar is going to win at Extreme Rules, continuing Cena's losing streak, ever since Cena lost to Rock at Mania, he's never been the same and Lesnar is going to use that to his advantage and I think Lesnar is already in Cena's head and it shows too, with Cena losing to Lord Tensai, Cena is done, there's a new face in the WWE and that new face of the WWE is Brock Lesnar plain and simple

Aside from the ring rust we are gonna see from Lesnar I'm more interested in his new attire. I'm imagining a UFC/old WWE attire hybrid so it should be quite amusing.

Really though, Lesnar wins. If Lesnar loses his whole return amounts to nothing, kind of like Jericho's return thats only served to put Punk over. I'm expecting a match with more botches than Rock vs Cena at mania. I also wouldn't be surprised if Lesnar forgets hes in the WWE and unleashes some incredible pain on Cena.

We are going to have a treat with this match! I expect this to be a brutal match between Cena and Brock. Brock is clearly going to win at Extreme Rules, but how is the question.

I think that Brock will "KO" Cena, kinda like in his MMA fights. It would be awesome to see Cena lying on the mat motionless, while Brock (The new face of the WWE) showboats like the beast he is!

Extreme Rules, as far as the match gimmick goes, kind of just means Hardcore now, huh? Like it used to feel a step above Hardcore Matches, featuring weapons that were trademarks of ECW, but now they're just normal stuff. That's not to say it's bad and I don't understand it. ECW's a product of WWE now, so why not name a match after it rather than use an obscure, less marketable name like "Hardcore"?

Exactly. What's the difference between an Extreme Rules match and a Chicago Street Fight? Essentially they're different names for the same thing. Likewise with No Holds Barred, Anything Goes, Unsanctioned, and No DQ, No Countout.

Obviously they want to play up the fact that it's in Punk's hometown, but on the other hand we never get West Newbury Street Fights do we?

Exactly. What's the difference between an Extreme Rules match and a Chicago Street Fight? Essentially they're different names for the same thing. Likewise with No Holds Barred, Anything Goes, Unsanctioned, and No DQ, No Countout.

Obviously they want to play up the fact that it's in Punk's hometown, but on the other hand we never get West Newbury Street Fights do we?

Not necessarily Diet Soda. Sometimes a certain gimmick match denotes a higher degree of violence in contrast with other matches with technically similar rules. For instance, though a No Holds Barred match would technically permit the use of weapons as much as in an Extreme Rules match, sometimes it's only booked as a No Holds Barred match to enable a run-in or lesser offenses that would otherwise result in a disqualification. Extreme Rules matches, in WWE's more recent history, usually amount to excessive use of weapons. Basically you need to think of the matches more in terms of what they're advertising rather than what the rules technically allow.

We are going to have a treat with this match! I expect this to be a brutal match between Cena and Brock. Brock is clearly going to win at Extreme Rules, but how is the question.

I think that Brock will "KO" Cena, kinda like in his MMA fights. It would be awesome to see Cena lying on the mat motionless, while Brock (The new face of the WWE) showboats like the beast he is!

I agreed with u before I saw raw last night, but after seeing Brock turning into a super hated heel and Cena with the chain wrapped around his right hand. I see the match going down like this. Brock dominates most of the match and then Cena tries to swing with the chain but misses Brock. Brock then counters by lifting Cena for the F5, but instead of Cena landing flat he counters by landing on his feet and nails Brock with the steel chain. Brock is stunned and then Cena nails the attitude adjustment on Brock for the win. Nobody would expect that and it sets up a rematch. If Cena loses why have a rematch?

If Cena loses why have a rematch?

Because Cena losing could set him on a crusade. I expected him to beat Rock, but he didn't......then, I definitely expected him to beat Tensai, but he didn't. If he loses to Brock, I believe the stage will be set for a new phase of Cena's career development, one that sets him on an entirely new path. It can take so many forms and offer so many possibilities that I can't even hazard a guess as to which way it goes.

Perhaps we're going to see a crisis of confidence on his part that makes him reticent and afraid......or maybe he comes out of Extreme Rules determined to fix what's been going wrong lately.....or maybe we'll see the face change so many have been looking for...... or maybe it will be something else no one has even thought of. Cena's flexibility as a performer lends itself to a limitless range of possibilities, and I believe it all starts when Cena loses this Sunday.

I can't see Cena winning; what would happen to Brock's push as a monster? He has a 12-month contract, after all, and if they negate the effect of his push at the first PPV, what does he do the rest of the year?

Because Cena losing could set him on a crusade. I expected him to beat Rock, but he didn't......then, I definitely expected him to beat Tensai, but he didn't. If he loses to Brock, I believe the stage will be set for a new phase of Cena's career development, one that sets him on an entirely new path. It can take so many forms and offer so many possibilities that I can't even hazard a guess as to which way it goes.

Perhaps we're going to see a crisis of confidence on his part that makes him reticent and afraid......or maybe he comes out of Extreme Rules determined to fix what's been going wrong lately.....or maybe we'll see the face change so many have been looking for...... or maybe it will be something else no one has even thought of. Cena's flexibility as a performer lends itself to a limitless range of possibilities, and I believe it all starts when Cena loses this Sunday.

I can't see Cena winning; what would happen to Brock's push as a monster? He has a 12-month contract, after all, and if they negate the effect of his push at the first PPV, what does he do the rest of the year?

You make a good point on the other hand why have Brock come back to lose his first match. Perhaps like Justin Labar said there will be a screwy finish. Otherwise I think it would be too predictable to have Brock win clean.

Does anyone think that Brock will put Cena 'out of business'??? This match is going to be brutal so Brock could easily put Cena on the shelf. Cena has been on the road for a long time now...he deserves a good bit of time off and he could return with a refreshed character. Another alternative is Laurinaitis trades him to Smackdown and bans him from Raw. Maybe get Randy Orton back on Raw full time so boost star power.

Brock keeps talking about been the new face of WWE. With Cena gone, he has gotten the ball and can run with it (with help from Punk). Laurinaitas said there was a disaster on the horizon for CM Punk....I still believe that is the F-5. That is Brock and Punk in a programme taking us through the summer.

Brock beats Cena.
Cena leaves.
Brock goes into a programme with CM Punk.
Brock wins the belt
Then either Rock or Cena returns for Summerslam and we have our main event. If not, there is Orton to fill the gap until Rock returns.

Well the above post (by me) looks like ti could pan out. Orton is rumoured to be Brocks Summerslam opponent!!!

Maybe Laurinaitis will get rid of Cena and send him to Smackdown in a straight swap for Randy Orton. Orton goes into a programme with Brock for a few months, then Brock goes after the belt towards the end of the year.

Brock holds the belt right up until WM29 where he drops it to The Rock who has his run as Champion.

To all the people saying that Brock should squash Cena, here's the cons of that move:
1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBwpPfLQpco
If up and coming John Cena can take it to Brock in his prime like that, who's going to buy SuperCena getting run over by Brock with years of ring rust?

2) It cheapens the match.
I would guess that about a quarter of the people watching this feud are people who heard about Rock-Cena, bought WM 28, and enjoyed it enough to give Raw a bash. If the next main event they see is a squash match, they're going to walk away and not come back.

3) John Cena is the poster boy of WWE.
Top Gear went into the desert a few weeks ago. There were children there who had never seen a proper car before and their first move was to write "John Cena" in the dust on the bonnet. Vince will never be satisfied until WWE is mainstream popular again, and having a part timer squash your number one crossover star is not a good move towards that.

That said, Brock needs to win. But a squash match? Get over yourselves. I understand that internet booking is just someone's opinion, but please keep it serious (otherwise I'd book a Hornswoggle run-in.)

Personally, I'd have Brock win clean, but after a fairly long and competitive match. Or as someone else said, a shock Cena roll up after Brock dominating. Either way, I'd have Cena perform well (ties in with Edge's pep talk) while Lesnar ultimately dominates (builds up his rep.)

Regardless of the finish, I'd have Brock destroy Cena post-match. Cena looked burnt out against Tensai - this could help him recharge his batteries and gain heat for Lesnar.

Then he could return after Lesnar has had a short feud with someone else and get his revenge in their third PPV clash - if Cena wins at ER, it's the rubber match. This frees Lesnar up to take on Orton at Summerslam, whilst Cena could get into the title picture, leading either to Cena-Rock 2 at SS or Cena winning the belt at SS and defending it against Rock at Wrestlemania.

Or, Cena could hold off until Summerslam where he goes after Lesnar's head in the grudge match that ends the feud, leaving both men open to feud with Rock At 'Mania.

245507_1913433795265_1913399674412_45293_1283_b.jpg

*clapclapclap*

Now seeing as at Extreme Rules, we are expecting a smash mouth affair between the two; and the one thing that could turn the tide for the remainder of this angle, would be John Cena just fucking Brock Lesnar up this Sunday.

A violent and gory approach would very well setup the next phase to this. If John Cena uses a foreign object, let's say like his chain, to really bloody and bludgeon the beast, you could see a major shift of the overall summer program. How? He would finally embrace it. Not a heel turn but 'to beat a monster, you gotta be one' holy approach. The support this would offer for his persona would not have much resistance that night. People would welcome this Cena for the night. I'm sick of the heel nonsense so trust me, thats not where I'm going.

To see Cena 'lose it' and massacre Brock with something, in someway, for a night, would be satisfactory to all viewers and fuel his character's approach to adapt with the opponent.

Discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back